Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Five Guys is good, but they can’t lick our Dick’s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Buff Hardback posted:

its fertilizer and aluminum powder

Since the stuff with fuel oil as the fuel is ANFO, I think it's perfectly justifiable to refer to this mixture as ANAL. The rest of the jokes about using it to announce your child's biological sex are left as an exercise to the reader.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Crazy as it sounds there actually was a case of attempted explosive anal terrorism

E: from the Ailexpress thread:

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 24, 2021

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Serephina posted:

Aren't fries normally parboiled first? Anyways given that the driving force is his own body weight and grip, it seems pretty low-occurrence to somehow mash your own hand in there.

1/10 OSHA needs more fryer explosions

Worked with a guy that was bullshitting with another person in the kitchen and slammed his hand flat in the chopping grid. The scar looked pretty gnarly when he finally got back from healing.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Elviscat posted:

Eating Dick's is great and everyone should do it it at least once.

:emptyquote:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

SubNat posted:

You're thinking of "Promession", a variant of freeze-drying.

You didn't dream it up, it's just based on freezing, then shaking apart the corpse into dust, then freeze-drying it out. Gotta have that first step, otherwise all you're making is a human goop slurry.
Predictably, the company went like 20 years without producing a viable prototype, and was liquidated frozen and vibrated to dust.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Elviscat posted:

Five guys fries are soggy because they're not par-fried (fried twice) it's a different experience, I grew up eating Dick's,

I'm sorry I can't stop giggling now

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Dogs aren't people sized in most cases. Most americans are swinging around 2-4 labradors of varying size. I'm about 2 fat labs, or 3 in decent shape.

Also pet cremations are usually done multiple at a time. Unless you specify you want it cremated alone, it's 2-8 animals at a time, depending on the size of the oven. At best, there's a divider keeping remains separate.
I specified large dog, but perhaps should have said giant breed (pet crematoriums generally have a "100 lbs and above" or similar weight class) which can definitely outweigh people, or at least come fairly close. I also specified private cremation, where the animal is put in by itself, and you receive ashes back, which is definitely more expensive than the communal or partitioned cremation you're referring to. Basically, I've personally witnessed 200 lb dogs privately cremated for far less than 1000 dollars. It's a cheap process, was my point.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Why not build nuclear crematoriums? The inside of the furnace is held at a constant 500 degrees by decay heat, and you just load bodies onto the conveyor belt as required.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
What would you do with the radioactive ash?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

What would you do with the radioactive ash?

The ash wouldn't be radioactive.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Lone Badger posted:

Why not build nuclear crematoriums? The inside of the furnace is held at a constant 500 degrees by decay heat, and you just load bodies onto the conveyor belt as required.

Sounds like the opening to a horror b-movie.

And It would be radioactive if it faces any significant neutron radiation.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

*walks into room*

*writes Kola Superdeep Borehole on the whiteboard*

*looks at audience*

*crosses out Bore and writes in Corpse*

*smugly smiles and awaits lavish funding*

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Why not just toss bodies into an active volcano?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Those poor motherfuckers on that Indonesian submarine have officially bought the farm

gently caress every single thing about that, to be perfectly honest.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah with the lack of updates yesterday i had a sinking feeling

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mozi posted:

:wow:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Slugworth posted:

I specified large dog, but perhaps should have said giant breed (pet crematoriums generally have a "100 lbs and above" or similar weight class) which can definitely outweigh people, or at least come fairly close. I also specified private cremation, where the animal is put in by itself, and you receive ashes back, which is definitely more expensive than the communal or partitioned cremation you're referring to. Basically, I've personally witnessed 200 lb dogs privately cremated for far less than 1000 dollars. It's a cheap process, was my point.

Valid points.

When I think large dog, I think 70-100 pounds, because that's typically the range given on anything marketed for large dogs, and I spent a few years working in a dog supply warehouse (think kennels, harnesses, double layer nylon leads, etc).

Terminology aside, I'd assume cremation prices fluctuate with the price of natural gas. Like if you died in Texas right before the cold snap and damned if the crematorium isn't going to keep running and just charge more.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Nenonen posted:

Why not just toss bodies into an active volcano?

I vote this one because it serves double duty of appeasing the gods

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mozi posted:

I respect the wordplay, but I can't like it

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

There was no implosion? Seems like it went quite a bit below test depth.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

aphid_licker posted:

There was no implosion? Seems like it went quite a bit below test depth.

There doesn't need to be an implosion, while that would confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt what had happened, going down and just not coming back up is probably enough to confirm what happened.

It's a lovely end for a whole bunch of lads, regardless.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Yeah I wouldn't wish the Das Boot experience on anyone.
:sigh:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Memento posted:

There doesn't need to be an implosion, while that would confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt what had happened, going down and just not coming back up is probably enough to confirm what happened.

No, I know that ofc, I was surprised that their survival until oxygen runs out was considered a possibility. But looking up Wiki the test depth for the type is a lot deeper than I had assumed.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Elviscat posted:

I grew up eating Dick's

This is why I wish we had a beavis and butthead laughing smilie.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The Lone Badger posted:

They used to have a prototype, called Fernald Feed Materials Production Center, it only had one customer.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdjn5jZeLQY

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's hosed up garages day apparently

https://twitter.com/kristen_rabbott/status/1385771535302987777

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

welp, hit the sprinkler pipes and got away with it, better slam into some actual structure during the getaway attempt

:ironicat:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Memento posted:

I hope they were all dead or unconscious before they hit the bottom, the alternative is terrifying :smith:

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

They picked the 'one-way' move

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
God i love watching that sprinkler water basically trap him in the cab lol.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

SpaceCadetBob posted:

God i love watching that sprinkler water basically trap him in the cab lol.

It’s just buck wild how they hit the height-limit sign and continued forward like nothing happened. Then the option of backing up was tried, like, twice (without straightening out) and completely abandoned for “full throttle ahead”. Like, all of our worldly possessions are in danger of being permanently water damaged but we think we can dig up hard enough to fix it.

It does make me appreciate the way UHaul reinforces the corners and edges of its trucks. They’ve clearly encountered this form of fuckery before.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Looks like they wanted to make a 3 point turn

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
How are people this bad at driving?? Or you know, basic spatial awareness.

What the gently caress

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I wonder what the person who drove into the garage at about a minute and half in was thinking.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Wedged like the Ever Given.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

TotalLossBrain posted:

How are people this bad at driving?? Or you know, basic spatial awareness.

What the gently caress

Literally thousands if not millions of car crash videos on youtube could be used to argue that bad driving is the norm.

I watch a few a day, gotta get that blood pressure moving.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/92y9ikU.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I hope they paid for the extra damage insurance.