Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Osmosisch posted:

I wouldn't say I'm del-aware either.
okay, but it's not in the top 7 most forgettable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

FFT posted:

okay, but it's not in the top 7 most forgettable

Which top 7?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think Delaware has lost its position as most overlooked state

From a foreigner's perspective I would say one of the Dakotas

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Hollow Talk posted:

Which top 7?

i forgot

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

There is Copenhagen, Copenhagen suburbs and anything outside of that is just bad foreign stuff.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I tried to remember every US state and write them down as I went.
I got 49 before I gave up, the ones that took the longest to remember were Virginia, west Virginia, new jersey and Tennessee. The one I couldn't remember before I quit was Utah.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

in this thread of all threads, John Denver was singing about Western Virginia, not West Virginia

SHAME

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BonHair posted:

There is Copenhagen, Copenhagen suburbs and anything outside of that is just bad foreign stuff.

Nothing is worse than Copenhagen submarines.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ShoogaSlim posted:

i've looked it up a bunch of times already but will never commit to memory what the difference is between:

london, england, the uk, britain, great britain, etc

i'm also born and raised in nyc and now live in LA and couldn't name more than ~18 states to save my life

Politically, the United Kingdom is the nation. The UK is divided into the four "countries" (basically states) of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Each "country" has its own capital. London is both the capital of England and the capital of the UK.

Geographically, England, Wales and Scotland make up the island of Britain, which is the big one. Northern Ireland is the northern end of the second biggest, the island of Ireland. Britain, Ireland and the surrounding islands make up Great Britain.

The Republic of Ireland is most (for now) of the island of Ireland, which means it's located within Great Britain geographically, but is not part of the UK politically. The Republic is part of the EU, while the UK, and therefore NI, is not.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Unless i'm mistaken, and that would be bad because I live here, Great Britain is just the bigger landmass of the two British isles. So Wales, Scotland and England.

Great Britain: The big island on the right of Ireland

The UK: Great Britain + everything else including the stolen bit of Ireland

British isles: Ireland and Great Britain. NOT a nation or political entity. It's a geographic term for the two islands together

Regarde Aduck has a new favorite as of 12:59 on Apr 24, 2021

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hope this clarifies everything

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

Great Britain is just the bigger landmass of the two British isles.
shameful manx/wight/hebridean/etc erasure

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

jesus WEP posted:

shameful manx/wight/hebridean/etc erasure

They're not British isles they're British Islands

smdh

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Smh I learned the aforementioned fifty nifty when I was ten and now all the states, IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER, are in my brain forever. Your elementary school chorus teachers were complete fools.

Also y’all keep forgetting that Europe also knows about Chicago (not where it is, but they do know the city). I know this to be true because whenever I’ve been there and someone asks where I’m from, 90% of the time I get either “Ah! Al Capone!” Or “Ah! Blues Brothers!”

The other ten percent have either been to O’Hare or have been to the actual city, and all of those note that “very big people, no?”

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mrpwase posted:

They're not British isles they're British Islands

smdh
:wrong:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm so many of these guys, but I'm Bysen.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FFT posted:

most forgettable states:

idaho
illinois
iowa
new hampshire
north and south dakota
wyoming

I always forget Ohio. I also keep thinking the midwest is west of the Mississippi because why the gently caress wouldn't it be?

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

bike tory posted:

• Chicago (same^ but for Illinois)

tbf I live in Chicago and not only is this the attitude of most people outside of Illinois it's the attitude for most people in Chicago.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
"Have you seen Ozark on Netflix?"

-Me explaining my childhood to Europeans.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I've been to 48 of the 50 states, and when I get my second vaccine today I can start planning on visiting the last two on my list.

And for those wondering, Kansas and Indiana are tied for the most boring states.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Android Apocalypse posted:

I've been to 48 of the 50 states, and when I get my second vaccine today I can start planning on visiting the last two on my list.

And for those wondering, Kansas and Indiana are tied for the most boring states.

Boring....or peaceful?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

oldpainless posted:

Boring....or peaceful?

Depends on the color of your skin.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea posted:

I always forget Ohio. I also keep thinking the midwest is west of the Mississippi because why the gently caress wouldn't it be?

The midwest is called that because it was the west like 200 years ago when there were less states. Instead of looking this up, I'll just assume a bunch of people will correct me.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Twitch posted:

The midwest is called that because it was the west like 200 years ago when there were less states. Instead of looking this up, I'll just assume a bunch of people will correct me.

Yea well we also don't walk around in powdered wigs. Update the name of your area midwest.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

https://www.twitter.com/mc_lotta/status/1385712565234270210

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I'm not sure whatever experience this is meant to remind us of is as universal as they think it is

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

EoinCannon posted:

I think Delaware has lost its position as most overlooked state

From a foreigner's perspective I would say one of the Dakotas

Are they still at war?

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Are they still at war?

Thanks to Sam and Max, West Dakota won that one.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

The Bloop posted:

I'm not sure whatever experience this is meant to remind us of is as universal as they think it is

it's a joke about that meme format's brackets looking like staples

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

The Bloop posted:

staples

Although I've yet to see the original meme

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Oohhhhh ok I derpd that one

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

XeeD posted:

Thanks to Sam and Max, West Dakota won that one.

Just goes to show there's no problem that judicious application of giant killer robots can't solve.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Nothing is worse than Copenhagen submarines.

Eh, it's a divisive issue.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

This is just 15 of the 16 Myers-Briggs types

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/henskelion/status/1385823130514378754?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011