Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm glad he's milking that cow. Dude has had some pretty lean years for work.

He looks loving incredible though, drat, I'd have believed that was a screenshot from the show when Carl's troubled but way cooler brother spent a week with the Winslow family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, dude looks great and is north of 40. Glad he didn't wind up like the typical child actor for the time.

jimmychoo posted:

can someone explain to me if bigfoot is real? like if they’re real then why don’t we have proof, we even have proof of aliens now certified by the US govt

As far as I'm concerned, there's more evidence of bigfoot than Jesus. It's just a matter of opinion what evidence is real or perceived real.

Besides, a world without bigfoot is a world without wonder, nothing to marvel at.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

A North american ape, probably not, orang pendek, I think so

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
just sitting here waiting for my dab rig to get in...................everything should be here by Monday. I wish I had some COOL rear end DUDES to DAB WITH.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'd like to remain optimistic about NA bigfoot, but it overwhelmingly feels bunk. I do give leeway to the idea of it because of its' presence in native american folk history.

I'd also like to hope that if they do exist, they manage to continue evading contact. It's their best chance for survival, should they exist.

Ancient Aliens is personal favorite brain candy, I love when they circle around to a bigfoot theory, my mind immediately rots from the inside for the idea. It's probably the best show on History channel right now, because of the absurdity. Narrator sucks though, always accentuating poo poo into a question.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm stoned out of my box

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'd like to remain optimistic about NA bigfoot, but it overwhelmingly feels bunk. I do give leeway to the idea of it because of its' presence in native american folk history.

I'd also like to hope that if they do exist, they manage to continue evading contact. It's their best chance for survival, should they exist.

Ancient Aliens is personal favorite brain candy, I love when they circle around to a bigfoot theory, my mind immediately rots from the inside for the idea. It's probably the best show on History channel right now, because of the absurdity. Narrator sucks though, always accentuating poo poo into a question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-EOvWIGKxU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Look at my goofy dog doing the butt tuck spin zoomies

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

fuctifino posted:

I'm stoned out of my box

Thats a very nice collection.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

This is some A+ stuff
https://www.vicetv.com/en_us/show/action-bronson-watches-ancient-aliens

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I have come out of my 2nd shot death coma and am almost recovered. Smoking actually did help, mostly with staying hydrating and actually eating meals. Would recommend to help mitigate side effects.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

the most A+ proclick I can give, Tyler the Creator rules

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's probably the best thing Vice has ever produced. They need to do another run with the new season.

Seriously, the William Shatner episode was pure comedy.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

bagmonkey posted:

I have come out of my 2nd shot death coma and am almost recovered. Smoking actually did help, mostly with staying hydrating and actually eating meals. Would recommend to help mitigate side effects.

i felt fine for 24 hours after my second shot, thought i was in the clear, then it knocked me on my rear end for another 24 hours at least. thanks weed for seeing me through !!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

i felt fine for 24 hours after my second shot, thought i was in the clear, then it knocked me on my rear end for another 24 hours at least. thanks weed for seeing me through !!

12-14 hours after the 2nd shot, I started feeling like hell. I felt absolutely garbage awful the first night, but felt much better yesterday and got some solid sleep last night. Feeling better today for sure, much thanks to "weed"

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hi goons, being high on a Saturday is really nice, would recommend

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Can confirm that this is true. Enjoy your weekend fellow internet tokers.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Time for Saturday morning stonefication. :haibrower:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Literally A Person posted:

I'm on it, chief!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Literally A Person posted:

Done, glob of East Coast Alien wax sandwiched in a bowl of this just incredible Glueball

I don't care if I've posted that picture before and I'm not even checking, it deserves to be posted over and over, forever

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Inspector Hound posted:

Done, glob of East Coast Alien wax sandwiched in a bowl of this just incredible Glueball

I don't care if I've posted that picture before and I'm not even checking, it deserves to be posted over and over, forever

You can post that image for forever, I approve

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

You can post that image for forever, I approve

Warning posting hand

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Why am I drooling at nug pics

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The best way to buy weed at a dispensary is to look at what you're going to buy. Don't look at a sample jar, don't look at a list of terpenes, don't, please, please don't, look at the tested THC percentage. Look at it, leave if they don't let you, smell it if you can, you probably won't be able to for now because of COVID but it's definitely something to do normally, then go from there.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Inspector Hound posted:

The best way to buy weed at a dispensary is to look at what you're going to buy. Don't look at a sample jar, don't look at a list of terpenes, don't, please, please don't, look at the tested THC percentage. Look at it, leave if they don't let you, smell it if you can, you probably won't be able to for now because of COVID but it's definitely something to do normally, then go from there.

im confused by this post. what is with the THC % anyway?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

20 Blunts posted:

im confused by this post. what is with the THC % anyway?

I literally don't know. It's some kind of spectrometry result, giving you an idea of "how much" THC (and sometimes other cannabinoids) is "in" the weed. As a percentage of what, I can't tell you. I've asked knowledgeable people and gotten everything from "I don't know" to multiple different but very confident answers. I'm sure there's a simple answer to what it actually is, basically it's just supposed to tell you how "strong" the weed is, or at least that's how people look at it.

I've seen stuff that's just caked in trichomes clock in at 12% THC-A, I've seen buds that look completely clean labeled at like 30% or whatever you want. I don't get it.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I’m looking at a COA for some medical flower and all the definitions are at the bottom. In particular it says Total THC (the advertised number) = (%THC-A*0.877) + %Delta-9 THC.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I'll be up front, I'm sure I'm being dense here. A percentage of what? The trichome mass? The whole bag of vegetable matter? When I get some 21% ABV rum that means 21% of what's in that handle (always get a handle of rum) is alcohol, give or take. Is the label on the weed package telling me how much if what I'm buying is THC by mass or volume or whatever? That seems like what the label on concentrates would be telling you, since it's, you know, concentrate, it's just supposed to be the goo itself. But flower I don't get.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Mass. A gram of 20% flower has 200mg of THC (however that is defined)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Mass. A gram 20% flower has 200mg of THC (however that is defined)

Ok, I'm going with that

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
It’s more messed up with distillates and RSO and stuff because every measured thing is in grams but since it’s liquid it’s dispensed by volume.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
1ml = 1g in terms in terms of water, and hash oil is denser than water so... Yep.

THC-A becomes D9-THC when the acid drops off. When THC-A drops the A and becomes THC (natural degradation or heat), it loses 12.3% mass. So if you buy 1g of pure thc-a, converting it to thc would net you 877mg.

You might see THC-A represented in/as "total cannabinoids" on packaging, and active THC calculated out separately.

Plants do produce small amounts of active THC, but the bulk of it you consume is in the form of -A. Which is why it's in the equation.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 24, 2021

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Mass. A gram of 20% flower has 200mg of THC (however that is defined)

it's this. whether the numbers are accurate or not is a completely different story but this is what they claim to be measuring. anyway one of the pros of being in a black market state is that you dont have to concern yourself with such things. you go to your guy and pick from the 1-3 kinds they have available. simple as

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i interviewed at a testing lab (I was a chemist at the time) and they dry the weed in an oven to drive off moisture and then weigh it and then burn it in a gas chromatograph and measure what comes off. they use the proportion of the offgas to figure out what the % is. some labs might use a mass spectrometer to do pretty much the same thing, but those are generally more expensive so I think GC is more common.

PokeJoe fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 25, 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I just see things like thick rear end stems and trichome concentration in lower vs upper buds being a factor that would make that measurement a broad guideline at best. I guess you have to know something any the potency and cannabinoid distribution and etc, that just seems a little inconsistent/gameable.

vv this, get it if it looks and smells good vv

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 25, 2021

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

IME just buy the most kiefy looking weed and it will be good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If it wasn't for required testing, they'd just slap a range on strains like seedbanks do with seeds.

If it wasn't for that testing, there'd be a lot more moldy weed on the market.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Psh, nerds going on about being able to get all these fancy strains. The guy that gets in the back of my car just makes up names like Blue Monkey or whatever.

I hate dealer bullshit.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
After it gets commodified and capitalism ruins it I just imagine a bunch of executives in a room like “we need to call this one GREEN MONKEY ARMPITS” or some poo poo.

Weed strains have always made me chuckle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

boop the snoot posted:

After it gets commodified and capitalism ruins it I just imagine a bunch of executives in a room like “we need to call this one GREEN MONKEY ARMPITS” or some poo poo.

Weed strains have always made me chuckle.

"Green" appeals to the Gen-X neoliberal environmentalists, while "Monkey" attracts the millennials who nostalgically remember random webcomic humor on the Internet. "Armpits" tested low across all demos but the CEO's cousin suggested it so, at the end of the day, it is what it is.