Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

lets hang out posted:

I don't mind because I didn't see most of the screenshots people post in my own playthrough. There are a ton of interactions you just won't get in a single run no matter how thorough you are due to checks happening in the background. A huge amount of dialog you'll miss because you took conversations in a different direction.

This.

You’re not going to get everything in a single run or two or three since a lot of it comes down to rolls. There are passive checks happening all of the time in dialogues that you will not see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

yeah, if you want to almost never see a disco elysium screenshot of something before you see it in-game, you probably have to beat the game four or five times first. I'm on playthrough nine and I just saw a day 1 outcome I didn't know existed (if you pass the huge Empathy check to figure out Cuno and haven't yet found his shack, he'll tell you about it). fair enough to avoid the thread entirely for a blind playthrough, and for sure I hope no one posts unspoiled pictures of the insulindian phasmid or whatever. but a side conversation like that Speedfreaks FM shoutout - hell, that's another interaction I didn't know existed, and again, I'm past 150 hours played.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Simone Magus posted:

Yeah that's what I was getting at. Would hate to accidentally see one of the funniest or most interesting ones without having "got there" myself.

if you don’t want to read multiple paragraphs of text in a screenshot it is very easy not to

like there’s still stuff that should be spoiled if it’s posted but ordinary conversations feel like fair game

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
DE believes you are a life-long fuckup with a couple of hyper-competencies. If it doesn't speak to you, then you're probably doing okay.

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 22, 2021

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

World War Mammories posted:

yeah, if you want to almost never see a disco elysium screenshot of something before you see it in-game, you probably have to beat the game four or five times first. I'm on playthrough nine and I just saw a day 1 outcome I didn't know existed (if you pass the huge Empathy check to figure out Cuno and haven't yet found his shack, he'll tell you about it). fair enough to avoid the thread entirely for a blind playthrough, and for sure I hope no one posts unspoiled pictures of the insulindian phasmid or whatever. but a side conversation like that Speedfreaks FM shoutout - hell, that's another interaction I didn't know existed, and again, I'm past 150 hours played.
Yeah I got the apparently super hard eyes dream roll at the start of my first play but not since. And I've never done anything to get the Church Rave going somehow. Perhaps I never will...

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

F4rt5 posted:

Yeah I got the apparently super hard eyes dream roll at the start of my first play but not since. And I've never done anything to get the Church Rave going somehow. Perhaps I never will...

HARDCORE!

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Noxville posted:

It’s from the part where you’re looking for Ruby. You speak to the twins and they start and they start repeating stuff from Speedfreaks FM that Ruby’s machine has echoed into their heads, and at that point can call the radio station from Kim’s car, and you can them to give Kim a shoutout

I had no idea this existed and would really like to trigger it but talking to the twins doesn't prompt anything of the sort. oh well

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

John Charity Spring posted:

I had no idea this existed and would really like to trigger it but talking to the twins doesn't prompt anything of the sort. oh well

there's a MOT passive check when you first interact with Kim's car that's probably related that enables toying with the radio presets. think it's interfacing, not sure

F4rt5 posted:

eyes dream? you mean the peaceful version of the final dream when sleeping in the flak tower on the island?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

John Charity Spring posted:

Huh, guess I just stumbled into it? It may have been after succeeding the first shivers check on the Feld building? Possibly of my skills suggested talking to them, it’s been a few days so don’t remember exactly unfortunately.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

there's a MOT passive check when you first interact with Kim's car that's probably related that enables toying with the radio presets. think it's interfacing, not sure

I had no idea this was possible and I *just* wrapped up a high motorics playthrough. Granted these days I usually have high enough Shivers regardless of build to immediately pass the FELD building checks so I would never even think of going back and talking to the twins again.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Simone Magus posted:

Sincere question: why is this the only thread where posting screenshots of possible conversations isn't considered posting spoilers? Especially since y'all are otherwise very careful to tag spoilers?

A whole lot of people are playing this for the first time because of the ps4 version and I for one would appreciate not constantly having potential conversations spoiled

I agree with you in principle, though I mostly solve for this by ignoring all of EorayMel's posts. Just treat all the screenshots as white noise.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

dmboogie posted:

if you don’t want to read multiple paragraphs of text in a screenshot it is very easy not to

If you want to put those screenshots behind spoilers it's very easy to do so.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Simone Magus posted:

I attached mine to the post so not really as easy. What image hosting is easiest to use now that imgur has become an enormous pain in the arse? I’ll do that in future.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Simone Magus posted:

see that's fair but if you're that averse to potentially having a surprise or joke spoiled for you, why are you actively reading a discussion thread

like wanting to go in completely completely blind to a work is 100% valid but also incompatible with reading about it on the internet beyond throwing commentary on your playthrough into the void here (which is always welcome of course)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Noxville posted:

I attached mine to the post so not really as easy. What image hosting is easiest to use now that imgur has become an enormous pain in the arse? I’ll do that in future.

I just post poo poo in a discord channel!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Is it possible to miss asking Klaasje if she made the call? I seem to have completely exhausted the conversation tree.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

but a side conversation like that Speedfreaks FM shoutout - hell, that's another interaction I didn't know existed, and again, I'm past 150 hours played.

I didn’t even know that character existed and I’ve done like five playthroughs

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Just finished my first run on a Sherlock Holmes 6/1/2/3 hyper logical boring/art cop wanting to get his life back on track during the day and only boozing and singing karaoke after Kim goes to bed. Super happy to finish with Detective Cuno by my side, but have no idea how I would have talked the tribunal out of mass murder.

Now I'm ready to go running around in nothing but y fronts and horrific tie screaming at all the inanimate objects and scraping together cash for the best drugs instead of the next nights rent.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Noxville posted:

Imgur is fine? What's wrong with it?

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I just finished up my first playthrough, as a 2/4/4/2 sober communist cop. Electrochemistry got very pissy at me for not drinking/doing drugs as the game got into the late stages, but the absolute biggest crime it committed was making me distrust the necktie since they ALWAYS chimed in together somehow. When the time for the tie's big moment came, I killed it because I assumed it wanted me to drink and I was trying to have Raphael move on with his life. Thanks Electrochemistry :negative:

The game also acknowledges this:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Novasol posted:

I just finished up my first playthrough, as a 2/4/4/2 sober communist cop. Electrochemistry got very pissy at me for not drinking/doing drugs as the game got into the late stages, but the absolute biggest crime it committed was making me distrust the necktie since they ALWAYS chimed in together somehow. When the time for the tie's big moment came, I killed it because I assumed it wanted me to drink and I was trying to have Raphael move on with his life. Thanks Electrochemistry :negative:

The game also acknowledges this:

That's hilarious, I've never seen this bit of dialogue, even though I had a very similar reaction to distrust the tie on my first run.

What do you mean though, when you say you killed it? I just stopped wearing it when it told me to buy the blue spirits.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

That's hilarious, I've never seen this bit of dialogue, even though I had a very similar reaction to distrust the tie on my first run.

What do you mean though, when you say you killed it? I just stopped wearing it when it told me to buy the blue spirits.

I bought the spirits (with no intention of drinking them, I'm just a hoarder). After Ruby, when the necktie's BIG MOMENT comes and it asks you to open the bottle, I declined. The necktie began begging for its life, so I declined again, and it went inert.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Aaaah, so that's why I didn't see it. But yeah, I had the exact same thought that the tie was in league with Electrochemistry. I also bought the spirit, just cause the 3 real option came up so I grabbed it. But then I was thinking how I couldn't trust the tie, and when I read the new quest saying the tie was "preparing for endgame", I took it off cause I thought it was literally trying to kill me. :v:

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Simone Magus posted:

Sure, for the poster, but spoilered images are a pain for everyone else, especially if timg'd.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I have a question about a fringe Cuno interaction that would take a whole playthrough to check myself: If you try and fail to shoot Cunoesse and thus the children refuse to speak to you for the rest of the game, what happens if Kim takes the fall during the Tribunal? Do you still get Assistant Kuuno, or do you have to solo it?

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://clips.twitch.tv/MistyLachrymoseJaguarHassaanChop-gy0M0eOZA91w1JvF

:xcom:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

the funniest part is that he had GOOD luck there lmao

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Have we talked about the insane Disco Elysium conversation tree mapper someone built?

https://disco-reader.gitlab.io/disco-reader/#/

You search for a word in the search engine toolbar on the left, then scroll down and hit create graph and it makes some crazy graph of skill checks and conversation forks and stuff, then you can search node and hover to see the text of a specific node.

It's how I found out the atomic bomb reveal in the church scene is a very high Half Light check actually. (588-702 if you want to see it yourself)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I feel like I'm approaching a conclusion now, going into day 4. I feel bad, I started out doing everything I could to be constantly drunk, high, suicidal and sorry - but as things got more interesting I couldn't resist the urge to actually be competent and try to solve the case at a bunch of key junctures.

At least now I'm waving a bottle of vodka and my gun around everywhere I go.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I managed to Remove my expression and pass the empathy check for Sylvie four hours into day 1. I'm a 4/4/2/2 whose finished internalizing hobocop, and not afraid to save scum.
How do I get good gear early on?
Besides investigating, what else should I do on day 1?
When am I gonna start concerning myself with the tribunal that I heard about?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
You should really leave all the preplanning to a second playthrough and just wing it your first time around. Follow your heart.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Grouchio posted:

I managed to Remove my expression and pass the empathy check for Sylvie four hours into day 1. I'm a 4/4/2/2 whose finished internalizing hobocop, and not afraid to save scum.

There is a point of no return you will get a pretty clear hint about involving (trivial spoiler) a skill check you have to pass to get into a building with a big billboard

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Grouchio posted:

Good gear is kind of meaningless. All outfit pieces are situationally useful because they are always +something/-something

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dont listen to them, all true hustlers and grinders know that full FALN is the only option

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Epic High Five posted:

Dont listen to them, all true hustlers and grinders know that full FALN is the only option

Your body craves the loving embrace of designer sportswear.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Authority urges you to assert and reassert your dominance over those around you. It enables you to understand the power dynamics of groups of thugs, know how far you can push a perpetrator, and how to establish control of situations.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

EorayMel posted:

Authority urges you to assert and reassert your dominance over those around you. It enables you to understand the power dynamics of groups of thugs, know how far you can push a perpetrator, and how to establish control of situations.

I gotta try this on one of my save scums :allears:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

EorayMel posted:

Say what you will about its methods, the Hardie Boys cant argue I'm not deadly serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Say what you will about its methods, the Hardie Boys cant argue I'm not deadly serious

I did the whole threaten to kill yourself with Kim's gun bit with them and was hoping I could go back later and do it again with my own gun but it doesn't seem to be possible :(