Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Blaziken386 posted:

very slight spoilers regarding The Lore of the series: there's a new loading screen!

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Y'all think Yoko is gonna remake a Drakengard next or do something new

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

New I hope, seeing his earlier stuff get some love is really nice but I don't want to see him stuck on the treadmill Kojima finally got off of.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Y'all think Yoko is gonna remake a Drakengard next or do something new
I believe he's currently working on NieR Reincarnation, which is, unfortunately, both a mobile game and (apparently) a gacha. :sigh:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

I believe he's currently working on NieR Reincarnation, which is, unfortunately, both a mobile game and (apparently) a gacha. :sigh:

drat, well I suppose I can forgive him for that if he either breaks the gacha game mechanics over his knee like he tends to or if he manages to turn it into a source of funding for whatever weird poo poo he actually wants to make next. Obviously he's got company sway and some critical acclaim but even he doesn't believe that's repeatable just yet so I can't blame him too much for wanting to prove he can also bring in some money to keep getting his projects greenlit.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I don't recall Sinoalice doing anything interesting in the matter.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I heard through the grapevine that the FFXIV raid was part of a deal with Square to finance the next thing he wanted to do.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Beefstew posted:

I heard through the grapevine that the FFXIV raid was part of a deal with Square to finance the next thing he wanted to do.

Well poo poo, I benefit, he benefits, what's not to like?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

I don't recall Sinoalice doing anything interesting in the matter.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

drat, well I suppose I can forgive him for that if he either breaks the gacha game mechanics over his knee like he tends to or if he manages to turn it into a source of funding for whatever weird poo poo he actually wants to make next. Obviously he's got company sway and some critical acclaim but even he doesn't believe that's repeatable just yet so I can't blame him too much for wanting to prove he can also bring in some money to keep getting his projects greenlit.

Sinoalice has really nice music, solid character design, and teaspoon shallow gameplay with an equally shallow plot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfbb2ZE5lco

Reincarnation is... Actually about exactly the same. Whoda thunk it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzPFe2gezgo

There are gacha games that are at least mildly entertaining or have good stories. Sinoalice and Nier Reincarnation are not amongst either of those.

(yes I still have played both)

The closest Sinoalice comes is it will (allegedly) have a different story ending for each region.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Nier Reicarnation looks a lot more playeable than SinoAlice.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I hadn't played the original Resident Evil before back when I first played this game so I didn't realize at the time just how overt the references to the Spencer Mansion were lol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MonsieurChoc posted:

Nier Reicarnation looks a lot more playeable than SinoAlice.

at least sinoalice has the decency to play itself. :v:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I thought there was some sort of rumor that Square wanted Yoko Taro to direct a mainline FF game or something

e: also wow this game has really been making GBS threads itself for me. It crashes Discord every time I boot it and crashes to desktop with a 75% chance when I load a save file from the main menu

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 25, 2021

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Arkage posted:

Meant Special K

Special K?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

MiddleOne posted:

Special K?

Patch for the game that fixes performance issues related to DirectXinput, from the guy who made the Automata patch that makes the game playable

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Last thing Taro was confirmed to be working on is a digital only SE project, no other details.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/yoko-taro-working-on-new-digital-only-title-with-square-enix-as-creative-director

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Very spoilery question about playthrough 2: Can Kainé understand all the shades, and we can hear them now because it’s her POV? Or can she just understanding her one and it’s us as the player now hearing all the rest?

Also yeah this poo poo owns now. Glad to be past the collecting and into the true Taro poo poo

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Escobarbarian posted:

Very spoilery question about playthrough 2: Can Kainé understand all the shades, and we can hear them now because it’s her POV? Or can she just understanding her one and it’s us as the player now hearing all the rest?

Also yeah this poo poo owns now. Glad to be past the collecting and into the true Taro poo poo

Kaine could always understand Shades and playthrough 2 just lets the player in on it. There are a few times where Kaine starts talking to nothing only for it to turn out she's actually yelling at a Shade, iirc.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BisbyWorl posted:

Kaine could always understand Shades and playthrough 2 just lets the player in on it. There are a few times where Kaine starts talking to nothing only for it to turn out she's actually yelling at a Shade, iirc.

Right, this is what I was thinking. Thanks a lot!

I’ve also done every side quest except the flowers one which I am ignoring and gotten every weapon except for one I missed in the final area because I died after getting it and forgot to pick it up again. We makin good progress, lads!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
For those using Special K to make the game non-fucky, they posted an update in the past few hours on their discord (https://discord.com/invite/ER4EDBJPTa) that clears up some bugs. Additionally the high FPS fix (https://www.nexusmods.com/nierreplicant/mods/3) has been updated to fix the cutscene bug.

The player character slow walk being hosed up is a bug within the game itself when it runs faster than 60 fps, so to fix it they'll have to do additional patching to the game.

I'm happy running at 1440p @ 60 hz so I'm not using the high fps fix because I don't want to deal with the bug.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I remember when Automata came out and surprised everyone that there were rumors Taro was working on the next big final fantasy game, which I would guess were actually just about that FF14 stuff. But I just just want Yoko Taro to be given final fantasy money to see what the hell that would even look like.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kind of surprised he isn't after the success of Automata but it's possible he just doesn't want to work on a project of that scale.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Honestly I'd rather he just continue down the mad path he's already on. What will earth look like after another 40,000 years? We need to know (not in gacha mobile form though).

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oh hell yeah, they added weapon quick-swapping to the game. :getin: The animations on Spears and Two-Handed Swords are really satisfying.
Ray Chase owns btw.

Does weapon weight actually change anything? I'm swinging a Very Light sword and a Very Heavy sword back to back and can't really tell the difference in speed.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Hey so I did the preorder and downloaded it on my PS5, but I can't find the preorder soundtrack, where would I find it? Is it a file I need to download separately, should it be in an email? I just want my sweet sweet nier music.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Madmarker posted:

Hey so I did the preorder and downloaded it on my PS5, but I can't find the preorder soundtrack, where would I find it? Is it a file I need to download separately, should it be in an email? I just want my sweet sweet nier music.

It'll be under your library as an app.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Madmarker posted:

You have to hit the options button then 'choose version' or something like that, for some reason the PS5 considers it a different version of main game.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Where the gently caress do you find berries?

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

Augus posted:

Oh hell yeah, they added weapon quick-swapping to the game. :getin: The animations on Spears and Two-Handed Swords are really satisfying.
Ray Chase owns btw.

Does weapon weight actually change anything? I'm swinging a Very Light sword and a Very Heavy sword back to back and can't really tell the difference in speed.

I believe weapon weight relates to how hard/easy it is to guard break enemies.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

It'll be under your library as an app.

I didn't see it there, which is odd.

Sakurazuka posted:

You have to hit the options button then 'choose version' or something like that, for some reason the PS5 considers it a different version of main game.

When I did that it told me I didn't have a /music directory on my USB. Which is odd as I don't have any external hardrives plugged into my system.......so I guess I got to get in touch with sony support...blech

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah those digital music things only transfer the files to usb you can't listen to them on the console

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Kind of surprised he isn't after the success of Automata but it's possible he just doesn't want to work on a project of that scale.

that’s my impression too. his interviews are always tongue in cheek but he does come off as someone who’s be uncomfortable with that much publicity and pressure

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Oh my God game, let me take on all 4 of these Devola missions at once. Three of them are in the same town why are you making me run back and forth six times???

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vince MechMahon posted:

Oh my God game, let me take on all 4 of these Devola missions at once. Three of them are in the same town why are you making me run back and forth six times???

She just tells you where they are, you can talk to all the quest starters and take them at the same time.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

She just tells you where they are, you can talk to all the people and take them at the same time.

Oh my God I'm an idiot thank you.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh yeah those digital music things only transfer the files to usb you can't listen to them on the console

ahhhhhh, gotcha...weird. Thanks for letting me know that

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's weird Weiss doesn't cast a shadow.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's weird Weiss doesn't cast a shadow.

He does for me (max settings on PC).

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

stev posted:

He does for me (max settings on PC).

He is doing it now for me too, but in the Aeirie he was not. Xbox Series X. Lighting glitch in that area maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There was somewhere I was earlier today where the player character wasn’t casting a shadow either.