Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

MrQueasy posted:

No, still can't hear you.

Oh god. The forums...they're...gone...

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Dark mode is good but the colors for read and unread replies is too similar.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

YCS was Your Console Sucks, a separate subforum entirely (which was consumed by webcomics, hentai, and racial slurs)

Spiritual predecessor

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

RFC2324 posted:

I've actually seen this type of poo poo, but instead of forums it was 'entire server room'

And it was a public restroom

It's cool, just put tape over and a label saying "do not press!!!"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

Dark mode is good but the colors for read and unread replies is too similar.

Yeah, I can't tell where I was on the page, could do with a tweak. Otherwise it really is amazing.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I have one critique of Dark Mode and that is that sometimes there's a weird flash of white when I'm loading a new page on the forums. It could just be a tech issue with my browser and thus unfixable but when it happens I feel like I just got flashed by lightning (and their junk is extremely gross).

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I have discovered attachments no longer work and I have made a thread asking about it in the technical questions sub forum

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

lol loving Lowtax collecting $5,000/month in profit without caring to protect his money printer with backups

what a clown

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

who would have guessed that lowtax had a predilection for making terrible decisions

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I have one critique of Dark Mode and that is that sometimes there's a weird flash of white when I'm loading a new page on the forums. It could just be a tech issue with my browser and thus unfixable but when it happens I feel like I just got flashed by lightning (and their junk is extremely gross).

That's the default colors before the css loads in. This also happens in light mode but since the defaults are extremely similar to the light mode css in that case it's barely noticeable.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

lol loving Lowtax collecting $5,000/month in profit without caring to protect his money printer with backups

what a clown

A car loan for a GT-R ain't cheap.

Corpus Smegma
May 18, 2009
Keep up the good work!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Potato Salad posted:

what a clown

I mean, ten years ago the place might’ve been bringing in double that. Who knows how much back when he paid people like Shmorky and Radium, and rented an office.

What seems like a lot of money to us may not be enough for a guy used to leasing a sports car and living in a $300k McMansion. :emo:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

That's indeed a browser thing. If you're on Firefox, there's a couple of about :config settings you can look up to toggle to fix that.

Spinz posted:

I have discovered attachments no longer work and I have made a thread asking about it in the technical questions sub forum

I replied there but I'll post the summary here: I'll be able to start addressing this in about an hour, old attachments should still display fine, new ones won't appear correctly until it is addressed, and the new attachments have not been lost - it's just a display issue caused by the code not falling back gracefully enough. Sorry for the inconvenience!

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

I love Dark Mode, I have a feature request - Twitter detects when my system (OSX, if that matters) automatically switches to dark mode when the sun goes down and adjust accordingly. Some other random websites do this. Is it possible for SA to do it too?

Agreed completely, the dark mode looks great. Sorry if this was already acknowledged, but I also wanted to ask for a "use system color scheme" setting. The browser can indicate that the user prefers a light or dark theme with prefers-color-scheme.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Make sure to test that you can actually restore from those backups you've taken, or this thread could become a self-own.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

thotsky posted:

Make sure to test that you can actually restore from those backups you've taken, or this thread could become a self-own.

That was how we got the data to the new database servers in the first place. :)

But, yes, testing that your backups actually can be restored is a very important step in having a backup.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Spinz posted:

Cross-posting:

astral posted:

A fix for this is pending; when deployed, the old attachments system will be more robust until we can replace it with something better. Thanks for reporting the bug!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

THANK YOU VERY MUCH HOORAY :) :) :)

:dance:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Well done to all involved.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Spinz posted:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH HOORAY :) :) :)

:dance:

The fix has been deployed.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

What plans do the forums have for moving towards a 4-day posting week?

Also can they be more dead and/or gay?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

The deadness and gayness of the forums are strictly interrelated and so if you lower deadness by adding new users or even additional posts it is inevitable that the forums must become more gay to compensate.

I for one welcome our new homoerotic overlords

it's a new era. SomethingAwful: The Live Gay Forums

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Something Awful: Reanimated

the abomination lives once again

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Test

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

this is the best dark mode I've ever seen, the blue works perfectly.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Absolutely thrilled to hear that :lovebird:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

When State of The Forums is admitted to the Union, who will serve as Senators?

e: And do The Forums get House Representatives from every sub-forum or just every forum?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Chief McHeath posted:

e: And do The Forums get House Representatives from every sub-forum or just every forum?

Each top level forum gets two.

e: and reps are based on average number of posts per day.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Zil posted:

Each top level forum gets two.

e: and reps are based on average number of posts per day.

which one is the Florida and has an outsized importance.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

SRQ posted:

which one is the Florida and has an outsized importance.

TCC

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
You guys are cool and you should feel cool, I knew there was a reason I gave you guys my dollary-doos

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chief McHeath posted:

Someone actually proposed a literal Goon Senate to solve "the Problem of Lowtax" and was 100% not joking serious about it.

Goons.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

nine-gear crow posted:

Someone actually proposed a literal Goon Senate to solve "the Problem of Lowtax" and was 100% not joking serious about it.

Goons.

Please find that post I wish to lol at it anew

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Just noticed the change. Thanks for making the clickable buttons pop out with the brighter border. I get excellent soundcard configuration menu vibes from them.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

nine-gear crow posted:

Goons.

why stop there the forums llc should be owned by the users we all payed tenbux to gain shares where's my loving derivatives and

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
suck my dang dick jeffery et al

forums revenue is something i never expected but i enjoy the transparency a bunch. im both surprised and confused that the forums arent constantly running in the red, but i guess the gaslighting from lowtax will do that for ya

e2: i enjoy the black/grey/blue color palette a bunch. for whatever reason I expected it to be black and shades of grey/white. this gives me mid 2000s vibes but in all the good ways.

buglord fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 26, 2021

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
For your next trick I would like forums posts directly uploaded into my brain.

I can handle it.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Dark Mode Krew

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

astral posted:

The fix has been deployed.

You fixed something? Fixed a bug? On this website? Not sure how to deal with this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I love my dead dark forums. Thanks to all involved: Jeffrey, astral, LITERALLY A BIRD et. al.