Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

sexpig by night posted:

and more PoC (police of color), not like there's tons of example of black cops brutalizing black people!

Google Baltimore? No thank you!

actually I did see the wire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

probably not as much but remember when Obama called BLM protestors a bunch of thugs

No, this happened? Please post.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1386446180431839233

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1386447201375854596

felix having a normal one

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

releasing the vax patent seems like such a foreign policy slam dunk — a big step to reestablish global good will, reassert hegemony, steer countries away from china and russia — it's not just depraved the biden admin is not releasing it, it's dumb as gently caress!!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

releasing the vax patent seems like such a foreign policy slam dunk — a big step to reestablish global good will, reassert hegemony, steer countries away from china and russia — it's not just depraved the biden admin is not releasing it, it's dumb as gently caress!!

Also as anyone who's ever worked on open source anything knows, those companies could make bank anyway by selling consulting services to all these other countries to set up their own manufacturing capabilities using the technology

But that's less important than being able to go rentier mode forever on cancer treatments and stuff since the margins are better when you have an absolute monopoly and can just charge whatever you want for the therapy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ryan Knight, thank you.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cant make this poo poo up lmfao

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

drat it's crazy how none of these Trump era villains are facing any consequences now that Democrats are in power. I mean I was made to believe that this DeJoy guy played an integral role in a plot to undermine our democracy, you'd think they'd maybe do something about that? No? Oh ok down the memory hole I guess.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
this was a good bit, the bikini babe in the avatar (i guess he changed it after) with turkish nationalism is extremely on brand

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
We could try and go to nuclear power and dump money into railways and public transit.

No. You must eat less meat.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

No, this happened? Please post.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2015/04/29/obama-white-house-baltimore-stephanie-rawlings-blake/26585143/

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

We could try and go to nuclear power and dump money into railways and public transit.

but that would mean doing something and we just can't do that anymore

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

I really do think they're trying to rile up the Fox News crowd on purpose

Like obviously they're not gonna do actually effective poo poo because that'd inconvenience capital, but they could be doing nothing and instead they're doing ineffective poo poo that infuriates regular people. Why would you do this? Why do they constantly do this all the loving time with the shopping bags and the straws and now this?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

Like obviously they're not gonna do actually effective poo poo because that'd inconvenience capital, but they could be doing nothing and instead they're doing ineffective poo poo that infuriates regular people. Why would you do this? Why do they constantly do this all the loving time with the shopping bags and the straws and now this?

because they both have a massively inflated view of their own intelligence and of normal peoples' lack of it

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

loquacius posted:

stuff like this is not a way to simply own the conservatives, what you are seeing is an expression of neoliberal ideology. when faced with a universal crisis (climate change), the liberal tries to make the crisis a simple matter of personal choice addressed by the market.

bedpan has issued a correction as of 00:36 on Apr 26, 2021

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
They are rubbing our noses in it and daring us to do something. They know that a combination of armed white supremacist gangs and further stochastic terrorism will keep them safe from the consequences of their actions and they want us to know it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

why do liberals overcomplicate loving everything? because they're dumbasses desperate to set themselves above the common rabble, thus tricking their own constituents is more important than doing anything

see: the cheques

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

loquacius posted:

its the fox news crowd riling themselves up. the 4lbs of meat thing is from some university study, not anything from the biden administration

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tubgoat posted:

They are rubbing our noses in it and daring us to do something. They know that a combination of armed white supremacist gangs and further stochastic terrorism will keep them safe from the consequences of their actions and they want us to know it.

i think they think it's because of their huge brains and excellent statesmanship and not that the system is literally designed so they always get their way

they may not have always thought this way, but they've definitely convinced themselves of it

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
obama crosses the street when he sees a black person appraoching

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mr Hootington posted:

Every republican I know is pro train and wants heavy investment of high speed rail, plus loves nuclear power because it's what the navy runs on.

Meanwhile my democratic state rep got into local office by rallying against rail expansion nearby because she thought more trains would mean more car traffic because they'd have to wait at railroad crossings more often

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Yinlock posted:

i think they think it's because of their huge brains and excellent statesmanship and not that the system is literally designed so they always get their way

they may not have always thought this way, but they've definitely convinced themselves of it
It's not possible for a logical, rational being to believe this, as they are literally constantly manipulating or selectively ignoring without consequence the rules of that system.

Either they are literally less competent than demographics who are locked in mental "hospitals" "for their own protection" -or- they are literally more malevolent than the historical rulers who believed themselves to be literal, actual living gods.

I know I'm using the word "literally" a whole lot in this post, but I need it to be understood that I'm not talking in metaphor or analogy, this is what is happening on the material plane which we all seem to share.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

why do liberals overcomplicate loving everything? because they're dumbasses desperate to set themselves above the common rabble, thus tricking their own constituents is more important than doing anything

see: the cheques

this is the mechanism of liberal problem solving. the problem that requires collective action by the state is instead answered with a change in personal consumption habits. this is all they got.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

Every republican I know is pro train and wants heavy investment of high speed rail, plus loves nuclear power because it's what the navy runs on.

Meanwhile my democratic state rep got into local office by rallying against rail expansion nearby because she thought more trains would mean more car traffic because they'd have to wait at railroad crossings more often

You'd really think more politicians would have played SimCity at least once

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bedpan posted:

this is the mechanism of liberal problem solving. the problem that requires collective action by the state is instead answered with a change in personal consumption habits. this is all they got.

Don't forget representation

Changing everyone's personal consumption habits and getting representation in everything are the only two possible changes that are pragmatic to call for, and the way you can tell this is that they're both ineffective and functionally impossible

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

loquacius posted:

They just play Command & Conquer and try to eliminate all civilians in each mission.
Source: I would frequently restart the missions if I accidentally killed civilians.

Also, lmao @ the hamfisted cutscenes of Nod manipulating the media in realtime being less galling and obvious than in real life.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tubgoat posted:

It's not possible for a logical, rational being to believe this, as they are literally constantly manipulating or selectively ignoring without consequence the rules of that system.

Either they are literally less competent than demographics who are locked in mental "hospitals" "for their own protection" -or- they are literally more malevolent than the historical rulers who believed themselves to be literal, actual living gods.

I know I'm using the word "literally" a whole lot in this post, but I need it to be understood that I'm not talking in metaphor or analogy, this is what is happening on the material plane which we all seem to share.

they are malevolent, they've just also convinced themselves over time that they are huge brained enlightened rulers

because, and this is important, they're very stupid

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

So how many of these people were defending police shootings during the obama years? Because I remember them being okay then too, for some mysterious reason.

The old Cops on the Beat threads always ended up getting closed once the police defenders trolled them into oblivion with the same sort of "just asking questions but it seems to me that while regrettable this kid that got dragged out of his car and shot on the ground deserved it for flashing his brights at a police car which as we all know is dangerous and could have hurt someone" gish gallop.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Yinlock posted:

this is important, they're very stupid
Look, I can believe all kinds of wacky things with sufficient evidence, but someone as comprehensively stupid as them would have hosed up and done something non-terrible on accident by now. To roll a d6 100 times and get the same value each roll means you're rolling a trick die.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

loquacius posted:

Don't forget representation

Changing everyone's personal consumption habits and getting representation in everything are the only two possible changes that are pragmatic to call for, and the way you can tell this is that they're both ineffective and functionally impossible

yep, liberal ideology is unable to accept or address a complex crisis, and almost uniquely incapable of addressing something like climate change.

to solve climate change you must change the world. liberals reject changing the world.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Tubgoat posted:

Look, I can believe all kinds of wacky things with sufficient evidence, but someone as comprehensively stupid as them would have hosed up and done something non-terrible on accident by now. To roll a d6 100 times and get the same value each roll means you're rolling a trick die.

it is called ideology

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/Caitlyn_Jenner/status/1385823403005734923

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

governors mansion inches closer

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

spacemang_spliff posted:

I want someone from d&d to explain to me why calmhitler.jpg is funny

What do they think the joke is

ive posted in d&d. calm hitler is funny because in d&d calm hitler would be an ik and the guy arguing with him would be probed by the other mods

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

“oh thank god we can be transphobic now” -the non khive dems

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/discordspies/status/1386338946691604482?s=19

Emrazz is an incel

I'm sorry but it's true, she has powerful incel energy

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

bedpan posted:

it is called ideology

schniff

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

loquacius posted:

They did and their only take away was that taxes at any rate are too high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tubgoat posted:

or every single one of them are identical vat-grown morons