Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/maxberger/status/1386376298168262667

quote:

Social Democracy for America | Currently @moreperfectus
| Previously @CoriBush
@JusticeDems
@EWarren

| Co-Founder @IfNotNowOrg
| He/Him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

astonishingly bad lineup right there

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Tubgoat posted:

Look, I can believe all kinds of wacky things with sufficient evidence, but someone as comprehensively stupid as them would have hosed up and done something non-terrible on accident by now. To roll a d6 100 times and get the same value each roll means you're rolling a trick die.

the structures of incentive and infrastructure means that only the mistakes that benefit capital are allowed while anything actually good for the world that could happen by mistake is prevented.

so as the chaos of idiots is only allowed to progress in one direction, the ratcheting effect takes hold and things further entrench capital over time.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Max Boogers

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

loquacius posted:

I really do think they're trying to rile up the Fox News crowd on purpose

Like obviously they're not gonna do actually effective poo poo because that'd inconvenience capital, but they could be doing nothing and instead they're doing ineffective poo poo that infuriates regular people. Why would you do this? Why do they constantly do this all the loving time with the shopping bags and the straws and now this?

Focus on the culture war, pay no attention to the class war.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://mobile.twitter.com/emrazz/status/1385828708343222275

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!

sexpig by night posted:

it's sunday afternoon and you better believe D&D is still rock hard and strokin it to the thought of a black child getting shot

I just realized what it reminds me of. It's exactly like when a dog bites someone and people are like "it's a tragedy that this happened, but we have no choice but to put it down." It even has the whole "society/the owners failed it" angle.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ytlaya posted:

I just realized what it reminds me of. It's exactly like when a dog bites someone and people are like "it's a tragedy that this happened, but we have no choice but to put it down." It even has the whole "society/the owners failed it" angle.

Ironically the libs are making all sorts of excuses to not put down the literal dog that literally bit someone

Twice already, even

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
So let's put all the cops to sleep before they maul anyone else.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Liberals are addicted to the sound of "it's tragic but we just have to make The Hard Choice™"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

How is this not an incel post

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

loquacius posted:

How is this not an incel post

She's going to shoot up a fraternity

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

loquacius posted:

I really do think they're trying to rile up the Fox News crowd on purpose

Like obviously they're not gonna do actually effective poo poo because that'd inconvenience capital, but they could be doing nothing and instead they're doing ineffective poo poo that infuriates regular people. Why would you do this? Why do they constantly do this all the loving time with the shopping bags and the straws and now this?

Instead of stuff like better public transport that would be almost universally popular you make the face of climate overhauling into annoying poo poo like paper straws. Most people will hate it while the "I loving love science" liberals will defend it to keep a little pointless culture war burning. You keep the focus of humanity's ecological cost on the individual average schmuck instead of the elite who are doing the real damage. And for added effect, when cities lie below the ocean and most arable land is gone the descendants of the ruling class will sit secure in their bunkers or domes and get to say "well we tried to change things but you dirty plebs just had to have your burgers and your cars so this is all your fault."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1386490885832159233?s=19

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ok hear me out, I actually think plant-based beer is better the traditional stuff which is made out of um I dunno but I'm assuming ground beef or something

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/maxberger/status/1386378679220047882?s=19

:thunk:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

loquacius posted:

Ok hear me out, I actually think plant-based beer is better the traditional stuff which is made out of um I dunno but I'm assuming ground beef or something

they use some fish organ to filter the yeast out or something

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

ERROR : leadership not found

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

fart simpson posted:

they use some fish organ to filter the yeast out or something

They use a gelatin to take out particulates and make a clearer beer as opposed to just waiting another week for it to settle on its own

There are other fining agents that are not animal based who knows.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Acelerion posted:

They use a gelatin to take out particulates and make a clearer beer as opposed to just waiting another week for it to settle on its own

There are other fining agents that are not animal based who knows.

this is what i was thinking of:

Isinglass (/ˈaɪzɪŋɡlæs, -ɡlɑːs/) is a substance obtained from the dried swim bladders of fish. It is a form of collagen used mainly for the clarification or fining of some beer and wine.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

fart simpson posted:

this is what i was thinking of:

Isinglass (/ˈaɪzɪŋɡlæs, -ɡlɑːs/) is a substance obtained from the dried swim bladders of fish. It is a form of collagen used mainly for the clarification or fining of some beer and wine.

Oh yeah I didn't realize that was fish

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

idk how commonly it’s used any more though. probably gelatin is easier

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

these all sound like byproducts made from stuff thats otherwise just thrown away so im kind of doubtful getting rid of them is an effective means of reducing carbon emissions

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ive given swim bladders to my cat and let me tell you, it’s a fun and tasty toy that can be eaten after they’re done playing around

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Someone's pissed he wasn't invited.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

these all sound like byproducts made from stuff thats otherwise just thrown away so im kind of doubtful getting rid of them is an effective means of reducing carbon emissions

profitable waste streams are capable of still causing additional emissions if that's what's making the difference between keeping the business open or not.

like we're already seeing this where credits for coal mines to reduce methane emissions are enough to keep a mine afloat, when shutting down the mine would stop the methane emissions all together.

or where shipping wood pellets from the usa europe is considered carbon neutral because they're "waste" except its a massive driver of logging forest that would otherwise not be logged because it doesn't have enough economical timber.

(all these loopholes would go away of course, if we just used direct regulatory action instead of neoliberal credits and taxes and bullshit)

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

fart simpson posted:

ive given swim bladders to my cat and let me tell you, it’s a fun and tasty toy that can be eaten after they’re done playing around

The clarity on that piss is astounding

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

Boomer rear end TV setup

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'd say it's weird he is apparently watching the Oscars from a dining room chair but someone pointed out that's an old Jewish man thing and yeah it kind of is

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
It reminded me of another time he posted a picture of him watching something and I looked it up, he's set up the same way which is why I got deja vu from it.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

you could tell from the podcast he finally started playing souls games and of course fell headlong into them, making obscure soulsborne references 5 years too late

just a funny little aside

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/XanderhalTV/status/1385689011671339009?s=19

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

who’s that idiot

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

is this guys handle supposed to evoke what if xander from buffy the vampire slayer was a caveman because i cant think of any other way to read it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Liberals are addicted to the sound of "it's tragic but we just have to make The Hard Choice™"

it's a situation with no clear answers and we just have to do the best we can and live with the consequences

not consequences for me of course, I mean everyone else.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

you think there's a better way? heh if there is i'd like to hear it *openly ignoring book in front of me labeled "UNCLE MARX'S FUNTIME ACTIVITY BOOK"*

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

witchy posted:

Boomer rear end TV setup

it's the built-in tv cabinet designed for a huge crt, but can only fit a small lcd because of the aspect ratio difference

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

is this guys handle supposed to evoke what if xander from buffy the vampire slayer was a caveman because i cant think of any other way to read it

ok i must ask: where on earth did that redtext come from, you don't get :words: like that without making someone real mad by being incredibly correct about something

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

here is me, very normally watching tv from three feet away and consuming the substance enjoyed by humans known as "beer". thank u,, mr president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
took a gargantuan poo poo while watching youtube vids on my phone and drinking plant-based coffee. joe biden. sir. i thank