Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Sometimes you need cash now.

Call JG Wentworth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Does mean we're gonna get a whole nother round of bearwhale memes

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jesus Christ, Iraq just can't catch a break

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/4/25/dozens-dead-after-rips-through-baghdad-covid-19-hospital

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

In "horny people are gonna kill us all news"

https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/south-pacific/124947930/covid19-fijis-capital-in-lockdown-after-community-case-with-no-known-links-discovered posted:

Authorities have also since separated Nadi and Lautoka which have been in lockdown since a week when it was discovered a soldier had contracted the virus and infected a hotel maid in a breach of protocol.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Flikken posted:

As someone from Ohio I've never heard of ice in beer.

I haven't either, but as someone also from Ohio, that definitely seems like the kind of thing some part of Ohio would come up with.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

I saw old guys doing that in a pub in Ireland. Coors Light + ice in a glass.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I haven't either, but as someone also from Ohio, that definitely seems like the kind of thing some part of Ohio would come up with.

Yeah, this is more what I'm getting at. It's not a personal dig, it just feels like something people in Ohio would do. Pick a corner of the state you're not fond of and make some dumb assumptions for fun.

I know a few people from NW Ohio. They give strong vibes of weird for the sake of being weird.

At least we're not from Indiana (I'm from IL originally). Honestly more laughable a state than Ohio any day of the week, before the horse jokes start.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Grip it and rip it posted:

Why would someone sell coins at volume like that? Wouldn't it make more sense to spread out 25+ transactions to keep from tanking the value?

Regulations in China shutting down their operations, iirc.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Whenever I've seen the ice in the glass it's when you are drinking some cheap dog piss of a beer that you can't stomach and the ice cold makes it taste like nothing so you can drink more of it.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
So the new conservative hoax going around (sourced to the Daily Mail of course) is that Biden is going to use the Green New Deal to ban meat and make everyone drink "plant-based beer."
https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1386445358285344769
https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1386490885832159233

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I’M SO ANGRY THAT JOSEPH BIDEN IS RESTRICTING MY RIGHT TO EAT MEAT THAT MY LEFT ARM IS NUMB AND THERE’S A SHARP PAIN RADIATING FROM MY SHOULDER INTO MY JAW

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

He can take my fermented yak milk from my cold, dead hands :genghis:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Can't wait for republicans to storm into liquor stores for Baileys tomorrow.

Baileys switched to almond milk a few years ago.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/voguemagazine/status/1386465784722071559?s=21

I have been validated.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Dang I got those kicks too. Me and ?uestlove

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

johnny you ain't no pimp dude.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Can't wait for republicans to storm into liquor stores for Baileys tomorrow.

Baileys switched to almond milk a few years ago.

Isn't that worst for the environment?

Longer shelf life though, I guess.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I’M SO ANGRY THAT JOSEPH BIDEN IS RESTRICTING MY RIGHT TO EAT MEAT THAT MY LEFT ARM IS NUMB AND THERE’S A SHARP PAIN RADIATING FROM MY SHOULDER INTO MY JAW

You joke, but there were a lot of Republicans posting 4-pound steaks with a Molon Labe caption so there's going to be a lot of uncontrolled making GBS threads tonight. And a lot of them were drier than Ben Shapiro's wife.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

FrozenVent posted:

Isn't that worst for the environment?

Longer shelf life though, I guess.

Yes, it is.

Well, I don't honestly know. All the pent up cow farts from dairy are probably equally bad.

World's burning anyway, no matter what we do.

Oh, and that 747 Global Supertanker fire retardant jet has ceased operations. Apparently just before the weekend started.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
We're gonna need a fire retardant Antonov I think.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Here's a link about it.

https://fireaviation.com/2021/04/23/the-747-supertanker-is-ceasing-operations/

Incredibly dumb move by the government to not offer a blanket contract to keep them afloat.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Here's a link about it.

Incredibly dumb move by the government to not offer a blanket contract to keep them afloat.

FREE MARKET :capitalism: :downs:

The better question should be whether B-52s could be rigged with water tanks. Talk about good low-level real-world precision drop training.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 26, 2021

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Here's a link about it.

Is it more efficient than 4-5 737s doing the same thing? Wouldn't the smaller planes also be more flexible? Bigger isn't always better.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I remember reading somewhere that the 747 wasn't as good for precision dispersal as the DC-10 because of vortices scattering the drop.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Here's a link about it.

quote:

The Interagency Air Tanker Subcommittee does not support any further interim approvals without correcting some issues originally identified in the 2009 test of the system that included failure to meet coverage level 3 & 6, retention of retardant in the system after drop, aeration of the retardant causing trail off, and inconsistent flight profiles affecting retardant coverage.

Due to the current national situation regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), NIAC will issue an eighth interim approval to GSTS. However, NIAC will not support, nor issue a ninth interim until GSTS successfully passes all requirements of the 2013 IABS Criteria. This must be completed prior to December 31, 2020.

From the comments:

quote:

As a taxpayer, firefighter and retired US Forest Service Chief Officer with Air Attack qualifications, I am glad that NIAC has made the decision to NOT give the T-747 another interim” approval to operate. Standards are set on coverage levels required that all air tanker companies must meet. This drop criteria is not random and insures that the retardant gets delivered at a most effective level and as it was designed in order to work effectively.

Tank systems on air tankers are important and obviously with so many interim approvals, the company was not able to meet the criteria for effective retardant application. The decision was not political as some have suggested. I for one am glad that the Interagency Air Tanker Board is finally looking out for our taxpayer dollars.

quote:

Not only was it not effective. The 747 routinely brought back 3000 gallons of retardant that couldn’t be dispersed. If it was a gravity feed drop system like every other system on contract tankers it would have the potential to be a good tanker.

I have absolutely no idea what to think.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

They were certainly good at PR, though. :shepface:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Thank god we're not using that firefighting plane that was only 80% as effective as it should've been.

Yes, this is much better.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Godholio posted:

Thank god we're not using that firefighting plane that was only 80% as effective as it should've been.

Yes, this is much better.

They hadn't fixed the issues identified 12 year prior because they kept getting extensions. Why would the company ever address these issues if they knew they didn't have to?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
They probably still won't.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Juan Browne has a video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcAihriV3Ew

He’s a commercial pilot who’s previously flow retardant bomber and lives in California’s flammable foothills.

He’s not the arbiter of the issue, but he knows more than I do and doesn’t seem too upset about the denial

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Current event covid shot day 2, running a low grade fever, chills, feel like poo poo and don't want to leave my couch and blanket, mainly because it feels loving cold even though my apartment isn't cold. Other than that I'm fine.

This is going to be a fun experience I think.

Shot 1 was a breeze but 2 has me laid out on the couch.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

PeterCat posted:

I saw old guys doing that in a pub in Ireland. Coors Light + ice in a glass.

It's how we deal with yer shitearse piss water.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

Current event covid shot day 2, running a low grade fever, chills, feel like poo poo and don't want to leave my couch and blanket, mainly because it feels loving cold even though my apartment isn't cold. Other than that I'm fine.

Take some Tylenol

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

orange juche posted:

Moderna or Pfizer? I’m getting shot 2 of Moderna in a few hours and I’m preparing for my rear end to be thoroughly kicked tomorrow.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Moderna or Pfizer? I’m getting shot 2 of Moderna in a few hours and I’m preparing for my rear end to be thoroughly kicked tomorrow.

The second shot of Moderna hit pretty hard for me, but it was over quick. The day of the shot I didn't feel anything except arm soreness, the day after it felt like a hangover from hell minus the headache.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They were certainly good at PR, though. :shepface:

Well, they talk about it here in the Springs on local tv. It's like a local celebrity in its own way.

I didn't realize they had so many issues with it, but that's definitely because they don't talk about the problems on the news, they just give us snippets and video clips, hit the highlights and it's on to sports.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Pfizer hosed me up on both shots. Ran a fever on the 2nd shot.

My wife had no problems both pfizer shots. Just the usual sore arm.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

When I say take some Tylenol I don’t mean to be a dick, people got some wires crossed and spread bad info saying guidance said not to take medicine for the side effects and that is wrong

You’re just not supposed to take anything before the shot

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Tylenol is what they recommended when I got J&J. I aaked about ibuprofen 800s because I have them handy, but dude cut me off and specified tylenol or generic tylenol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I know the GOP lost their minds a while ago but I think I just crack pinged for some reason about this red meat stuff.