Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh yeah I should have said the CX is a no brainer at that price if you have a 5+ year old current tv. I paid 3300 dollarydoos for 65" last black friday and was upgrading from a b8 and don't regret it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Where's it on sale for that?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lgoled55cx5lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-ps99900-at-very-ps699-delivery-3712399

Code there to take the price down to £999

It’s only 1 year warranty tho, whereas you can get it with 5 years (plus some free earphones that are worth £89) for £1198 at John Lewis.

Guess it depends on how confident you are on the build quality, I’d probably buy the 4 years which takes it closer to John Lewis price when you factor in those earphones. Still a huge price drop tho

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I really want a 65" LG CX but those things are still 1900 euros over here and I just don't want to spend that money on a tv. My current LED is about 7 years old but there's nothing wrong with it.

edit: I just did some measuring and LMAO 65" is way too big for this apartment. I'll just stay with 55" when I upgrade, I'm kinda relieved as those are almost half the price from the 65". How far away are you guys sitting from your 65 tv's?

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 25, 2021

Research Unix
Sep 30, 2012

Crafty posted:

Much difference at 120fps? I saw that LG CX55 is on sale for £999 with a 1 year warranty and I am tempted even tho I have a perfectly good 4K TV already. I am already half talking myself out of it
FYI some older 4K TV's are capable of running 120 fps games in 1080p, as long as you have "Allow 4K" disabled in the Xbox settings. I was almost ready to upgrade my perfectly fine 2017 LG until I found out about this.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

120 FPS on OLED has the most instantaneous input response I've ever used on console, it's a game changer. I play a lot of Gears 5 and I'm just noticeably better at getting the shot off first.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Can you only stream games that are on the Game Pass or is it based on some sort of compatability list?

Like it seems as if I cannot stream Resident Evil (1), for example.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

Can you only stream games that are on the Game Pass or is it based on some sort of compatability list?

Like it seems as if I cannot stream Resident Evil (1), for example.

Only some games on Xbox Game Pass, with a smaller subset of these having an extra "touch control" option. A game has to be on Game Pass to be streamable at all, too, there are no games you can buy to own and then stream.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

univbee posted:

Only some games on Xbox Game Pass, with a smaller subset of these having an extra "touch control" option. A game has to be on Game Pass to be streamable at all, too, there are no games you can buy to own and then stream.

Okay. That's what appeared to be the case but I wasn't 100%.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I have been playing Planet Coaster all weekend, it's so addictive. It reminds me of playing Theme Park decades ago, really fun stuff. I'll probably buy it should it one day disappear from game pass.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Only thing I miss from the Bone on the Series X is the HDMI in and OneGuide, which was the wrong direction to take the Xbox for that generation but whoever was tasked to do it did a drat good job. It was a fantastic implementation that made my cable box feel like it wasn’t a horrible pain in the rear end for once.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

Only thing I miss from the Bone on the Series X is the HDMI in and OneGuide, which was the wrong direction to take the Xbox for that generation but whoever was tasked to do it did a drat good job. It was a fantastic implementation that made my cable box feel like it wasn’t a horrible pain in the rear end for once.

It had significant flaws including being unable to handle a 50 Hz PAL signal. Interestingly this is also apparently an issue if you run emulators using RetroArch or whatever on Xbox, it doesn't let you do 50 Hz versions properly (which is advantageous for stuff like PS2 and Gamecube since as long as the rendering doesn't dip below 50fps you avoid stutter, whereas with NTSC versions you have to hit 60 locked).

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1386479885414060032?s=21

I really wanted this game (actually the first one) after playing the Switch demo but $50 felt a bit steep. The patient gamer wins again.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gamepass keeps delivering me "uh, ok, fine, I'll play it"

Rain on Your Parade was fun even if some of the achievements seem to not want to fire and I finished the game wanting more because it is wildly unfocused and un finished

Barudak fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 26, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

A little over an hour into my first FF7 playthrough on my One S and the game is super charming, lol. I've seen it played by my cousin when it originally came out, and caught a few streams of it over the years, but have never played it myself. Haven't played a turn-based RPG since the original Pokemon on Gameboy. Enjoying it so far, I just wish the framerate wasn't so low :(

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are you playing the remake? Or just the remastered original?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

RCarr posted:

Are you playing the remake? Or just the remastered original?

To my knowledge, there is only one version of FF7 available on Xbox... right? Or am I wrong? Lol. I'm playing the original ahead of whenever FF7 Remake's Xbox/PC release comes out. There's a version of the original on Game Pass for PC that's got "WINDOWS EDITION" in the title, so unsure how/if that differs from the Xbox release that came out back in 2019 (which is the version I've just started playing).

[edit] The version I'm playing is the DotEmu updated one I guess? Is that the remastered original? I bought it for my Xbox last year but never got around to playing it until just now lol.

teagone fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 26, 2021

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

are the yakuza games like sleeping dogs at all?

i havent played them but they seem very popular so maybe i should.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

teagone posted:

To my knowledge, there is only one version of FF7 available on Xbox... right? Or am I wrong? Lol. I'm playing the original ahead of whenever FF7 Remake's Xbox/PC release comes out. There's a version of the original on Game Pass for PC that's got "WINDOWS EDITION" in the title, so unsure how/if that differs from the Xbox release that came out back in 2019 (which is the version I've just started playing).

Oh yeah, duh. Forgot what thread I was in, haha.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Laserface posted:

No, not really at all. The Yakuza games are a small richly detailed zone filled with sidequests and some dreadful combat. Some elements are in both (karoake minigames, food, etc) but they're not really similar.

They're all on Game Pass so why not try Yakuza 0?

teagone posted:

[edit] The version I'm playing is the DotEmu updated one I guess? Is that the remastered original? I bought it for my Xbox last year but never got around to playing it until just now lol.

If you're enjoying FFVII the rest minus the best ones FFXIII and FFX are on gamepass

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Barudak posted:

No, not really at all. The Yakuza games are a small richly detailed zone filled with sidequests and some dreadful combat. Some elements are in both (karoake minigames, food, etc) but they're not really similar.

If you're enjoying FFVII the rest minus the best ones FFXIII and FFX are on gamepass

The only other FF I have any real interest in playing thru is FFX since that's the only other one I watched my cousin play back when it first came out. I'll probably grab the FFX/X-2 HD Remaster for Xbox after I finish FFVII.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teagone posted:

The only other FF I have any real interest in playing thru is FFX since that's the only other one I watched my cousin play back when it first came out. I'll probably grab the FFX/X-2 HD Remaster for Xbox after I finish FFVII.

Theoretically the FFX/X-2 double pack is coming to xbox but lmao se is dragging their feet on that to the point where you can probably safely buy it. Its a real good un.

That said if you've not played it and really liked FFVII most people absolutely adore FFIX.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Barudak posted:

Theoretically the FFX/X-2 double pack is coming to xbox but lmao se is dragging their feet on that to the point where you can probably safely buy it. Its a real good un.

That said if you've not played it and really liked FFVII most people absolutely adore FFIX.

FFVII is my first FF game. I've been told that about IX, but I'm not really a fan of the art style. I may check it out though since it's on Game Pass and if I need a fix after finishing VII, heh.

[edit] Is the double pack different from this? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/c0ksn20brp7z?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

FFIX is ok but FFX is so much better.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Laserface posted:

No they are river city ransom in 3d not gta but good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teagone posted:

FFVII is my first FF game. I've been told that about IX, but I'm not really a fan of the art style. I may check it out though since it's on Game Pass and if I need a fix after finishing VII, heh.

[edit] Is the double pack different from this? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/c0ksn20brp7z?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Nope, thats the one, buy and enjoy.

FF12 is also on gamepass but no longer turnbased. FFVIII is turnbased but you gotta be in a mood to want to play a game whose hardest possible difficulty is "playing it like any other JRPG, yes even Saga games" and its story most resembles someones loose dreams stitched into a narrative that slips away constantly

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lol even on gamepass it's impossible to find a game on battlefront 2 on Xbox in Australia. :( Well 120fps looks great in arcade mode at least.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Lol even on gamepass it's impossible to find a game on battlefront 2 on Xbox in Australia. :( Well 120fps looks great in arcade mode at least.

Oh yeah like most games I just play on NA servers if I can't find a game. Can't notice the lag really.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Barudak posted:

Is there a recommended order for playing them in? I've always meant to try out the Yakuza games but never quite got around to it.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Laserface posted:

Yakuza is that old Die Hard arcade beat em up meets Grand Theft Auto* and a Japanese crime drama.

*In truth Yakuza doesn't play anything like Grand Theft Auto, but they're both crime centered games with a semi-serious story surrounded with a bevy of wacky side adventures. Yakuza isn't anywhere near as free roam as GTA though and there's no driving as far as I've seen.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Apr 26, 2021

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

webmeister posted:

Is there a recommended order for playing them in? I've always meant to try out the Yakuza games but never quite got around to it.

People tend to typically recommend Yakuza 0 first because it is one of the better received ones and it is the first chronologically. So if you don't like it, you probably won't like the other ones. Yakuza Kiwami is the first game remastered with a few new features and a lot of QoL updates.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

webmeister posted:

Start with 0 for sure.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Yakuza 0 or Yakuza: Like a Dragon are the best starting points for the series.

First one is argueably the best game in the series and the latter has a new main character and game style has changed from brawler to turn-based rpg.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
It’s looking like about 200hrs to play through the main series casually. Am I gonna play 0 and end up stuck in a Yakuza-hole for the next few months? I’m pretty tempted to dive in, but also the kind of player that starts a series late and just marathons it.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
That would be too much Yakuza. The basic gameplay isn't varied enough to carry that kind of marathon.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Fly Ricky posted:

It’s looking like about 200hrs to play through the main series casually. Am I gonna play 0 and end up stuck in a Yakuza-hole for the next few months? I’m pretty tempted to dive in, but also the kind of player that starts a series late and just marathons it.

No, don't do that. Most of the magic is in the story, the gameplay is kinda rear end. You'll burn out halfway thru the second title.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Fly Ricky posted:

If you really really really like Yakuza go ahead and marathon it but tbh the gameplay doesn’t change much, if at all, from Yakuza 0-6. The bigger changes are in things like the engine and in Like a Dragons case, the entire way you do battle.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Yakuza games individually don't end on cliffhangers or anything so you don't have to budget out 200 hours or whatever to play through the series. Play 0 and then the Kiwamis if you like it and then go through the older games in order if you really like it. But you can for sure take months/years off between games and not feel like you are missing something.

I honestly think Yakuza 0 is one of the best games ever made so I think you should at least try it for a few hours.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Does anyone have a white battery door with the charging slot? I bought a Power A charger and it only comes with black doors.
I can't find any where to just buy the white charging door.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 26, 2021

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

I'm halfway through Yakuza 0 at the part where you control the hostess club owner guy and I'm losing interest in that part, and have taken a long break. Should I power through back to the story parts I'm more likely to care about, skip to something like Yakuza 6 which hopefully has better combat/gameplay, or skip to Like a Dragon which apparently has gameplay I'll like a lot more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gameplay in Yakuza 0-6 never really gets "good" even if it has ups and downs. I'd turn the game difficulty to easy if you like the story, since that makes the combat just less.

Yakuza 7, conversely, was one of my game of the year last year even if the combat system is very very obviously rushed. God it was so good and fixed my biggest problem with Yakuza games where the combat is just horrendous.