Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Flick back at the Nationalelf would be nice. Any rumours out there about next Bayern coach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
rip schalke lol

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
Just wanted to pop in with some 3. Liga and lightly chuckle at Dynamo Dresden dealing with their second(?) major COVID outbreak in the past year, which postponed at least 2 games: https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/sgd-will-trainieren-und-spielen-dynamo-hofft-mehr-denn-je-auf-negative-pcr-tests/

also: sascha mölders is pretty great

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Wenger to the national team and Mourinho to Bayern. It's... so beautiful.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Can I please have a single loving Werder game where they don't get hosed over by something?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Didn't watch the game, what happened other than your one defender get blasted multiple times?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

General Probe posted:

Didn't watch the game, what happened other than your one defender get blasted multiple times?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Mourinho is back

https://twitter.com/RBLeipzig_EN/status/1387675308476805120?s=19

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Okay, I chuckled.

Edit: Unrelated, Metzelder confessed being a sex pest.

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Apr 29, 2021

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's a bit more than a sex pest

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Yeah he confessed to being a TVIV mod.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I am going to laugh so hard if HSV fail to get promoted again this year.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/soccermusings/status/1387841285873012740

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Tbf there have been lots of Bundesliga managers who have been rather mediocre players just normally they'd be German :v:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hertha are safe another year.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
As a Dortmund fan let me say this to Schalke Null Vier. Thank you for your service and enjoy the 2. Bundesliga

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
They'll be good company for HSV.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Quoting myself from 8 months ago:

Torrannor posted:

What is there to post about? Bayern will win the domestic titles again, the usual suspects will fight for the CL and EL places, and Hamburg will fail to get promoted again. And football without spectators is not as exciting as it is with fans in the stands.

Okay, Bayern didn't win the Pokal, and I'm not sure Wolfsburg would have been my pick for the CL places alongside Bayern, Leipzig, and Dortmund. But otherwise, the season pretty much went as predicted, and it's likely that next season won't be different, either.

At our posting rate, we'll probably need a new thread in about ten years.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Seeing the club with the third biggest revenue in the league get relegated is definitely wild. Also the trio of Bochum, Kiel, Fürth as top 3 in 2.Liga is pretty funny.

Glad Dynamo made it straight back into 2.Liga, in true form kicking out the manager 4 matches before end of season (should've done that after relegation, he bad).

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Looking forward to the Nordderby in 2. Liga next season.

Not feeling too hot with just about all recent decisions Baumann/Werder have taken.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
There's been a few highlights this week, but I nearly fell off the couch when this happened:

https://streamable.com/5xz30k

More context here, but it's missing above part.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

AlexF posted:

There's been a few highlights this week, but I nearly fell off the couch when this happened:

https://streamable.com/5xz30k

More context here, but it's missing above part.

Not the greatest word choice, but

SporkOfTruth posted:

also: sascha mölders is pretty great

Welzmüller was a gigantic child the entire time, he's lucky he didn't get a red.

Overall, that match was deeply infuriating. You shouldn't need two lucky penalties to draw a team a tick away from the Regionalliga.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Infected posted:

Looking forward to the Nordderby in 2. Liga next season.

Not feeling too hot with just about all recent decisions Baumann/Werder have taken.

Yeah I am not entirely sure they'll be able to win the relegation games. On the other hand it's one of those season where a bit of luck anywhere would have seen them safe by now.
They played some really bad games but overall their team is not bad and they can play. Wasting one of their best games on Bayern was pretty lovely too.

Not all is lost yet, with a bit of luck I can still watch a Bundesliga match or two in Bremen next season (very nice city for a weekend trip!).

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

SporkOfTruth posted:

Not the greatest word choice...

Welzmüller was a gigantic child the entire time, he's lucky he didn't get a red.

Overall, that match was deeply infuriating. You shouldn't need two lucky penalties to draw a team a tick away from the Regionalliga.

I really hope he won't get suspended because of this. I lol'ed at the "Spacko" but more because it was so matter of fact. You shouldn't ever use it, especially in 2021.

Welzmüller can gently caress right off, though. I know he was subbed because of an imminent red but I think Mölders would have just broken his kneecaps with the next challenge so I wasn't too unhappy about it.

I was really hoping for a third penalty (Arp on Belkahia after a corner...Ingolstadt got a pen for much less the day before and it's not been their first soft one this year) because for some reason we were unable to score from any other situation yesterday.

I don't think we'll beat Ingolstadt next week, but it's been a good season for 60 anyway. Köllner got something resembling nice football (for 3. Liga anyway) into our DNA. With a few new players we should be able to compete nicely next season.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Hard to believe HSV fell just short again. Wow.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The coal was the source of Schalke's power and since they stopped the mining at the end of 2018 the club's been doomed. Doomed!

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

antidote posted:

Hard to believe HSV fell just short again. Wow.

The clock is never going back on.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Torrannor posted:

At our posting rate, we'll probably need a new thread in about ten years.

The Jizz Hornkamp › Bundesliga and other German football 2x/2x+1: Surely, this is the year!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Muller back to the national team. Yeah boyyy.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I'm sure he'll be able to get us a penalty or two in his usual style.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.

AlexF posted:

I don't think we'll beat Ingolstadt next week, but it's been a good season for 60 anyway. Köllner got something resembling nice football (for 3. Liga anyway) into our DNA. With a few new players we should be able to compete nicely next season.

I was concerned about this possibility, but who could have foreseen how they'd lose today? :psyboom:

A red against a keeper in the 9th minute for this???
https://twitter.com/danasmfc/status/1396081992882655232?s=21
Two dodgy penalties within 30 seconds of each other (especially the second one) when 1860 have pulled back within a goal?

Proud of them for a hell of a season, but woof what a way to end it.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
That sucks for '60 to lose out against Ingolstadt on the last day with some lovely refereeing on top. :(

In other news can't believe both Bielefeld and Hertha managed to stay up.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

SporkOfTruth posted:

I was concerned about this possibility, but who could have foreseen how they'd lose today? :psyboom:

Proud of them for a hell of a season, but woof what a way to end it.

Before the game started I said that I don't care how the game will end. I just don't want it to be some lovely referee decision or other dodgy situation that'll tip the scale. The refereeing in 3. Liga has been so bad this year.

So yeah, here we are. Hiller shouldn't have come out with a challenge like that but that Ingolstadt dude even held the wrong leg after it because even he didn't know where the contact would have happened. Coupled with the direction of the ball I think this shouldn't have been a red even if there was a foul.

Aytekin also didn't give a clear foul right before the second goal (funny, because that happened last week as well).

I'll let Ingolstadt have the first penalty (especially after they were denied one right at the beginning of the game) but that second one right after? Same thing as the red card, not even contact.

Still: A good season. No one (including me) expected us to be up for promotion in any way yet here we are. Should be a good next round.

PS: Thomas Oral can get hosed so hard. I don't know how you can be a sore winner but he even managed that somehow. It'll be nice to see them lose in relegation for the third time.

PS 2: Anybody find it funny how Bayern now has a black and gold away jersey "representing the city of Munich and the Münchner Kindl" with matching marketing campaign not even a year after 60 had their (wildly successful and completely sold out) black and yellow away kits?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The gently caress is Köln doing :mods:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

lolstein Kiel

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

This just reminds of the stupid comments by plenty of people that Kiel purposely had their players catch Covid so they could play all their important home games in a row. Yeah, because going 5 weeks having a match every 3 days while some of your players might still be having condition issues was definitely going to help as was evidenced by them getting worse and worse as days went on.

But congrats to Köln for not being relegated, looking forward to seeing you suffer another season under the massive conspiracy in the Kölner VAR-Keller.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I unironically like that none of us bothered to make a Germany thread for the Euros. First one to do it is a scab imo

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Low is an incredible example of overstaying your welcome. I worry we are going to be a whipping boy this tournament.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Smirr posted:

I unironically like that none of us bothered to make a Germany thread for the Euros. First one to do it is a scab imo

what do you mean. this is the germany thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Smirr posted:

Have you looked at the thread title?