Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bored Online posted:

jimmy carter sent helicopters, machines known for crashing all the time, into iran to save hostages, and the helicopters crashed, failing their mission.

The top secret helicopter that was sent after Osama crashed and had to be destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Bored Online posted:

jimmy carter sent helicopters, machines known for crashing all the time, into iran to save hostages, and the helicopters crashed, failing their mission.

Not only did one of the helicopters crash, but IIRC it crashed into a tanker C-130 that was parked on some impromptu airfield in the desert, causing it to explode and killing a couple of the guys on board. Afterwards everyone sadly got back into their helicopters and just left lol

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Not the bi representation anyone wanted, I'm guessing.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
American empire will end by 2030 and we will live in a capitalist hegemony dominated by China lol

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Fish of hemp posted:

American empire will end by 2030 and we will live in a capitalist hegemony with Chinese characteristics

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

LastInLine posted:

I just remembered something that I think was political but I cannot remember the context of it at all. It's a series of pictures of a woman who is drunk at a party dressed up like a ladybug

Can anyone help me?

e: Figured it out, it was a Gawker story about a guy who had a one night stand with failed tea party candidate Christine O'Donnell

God the 2009/10 elections hype was loving bonkers as for a good 12 months people treated Sarah Palin like she was some potential kingmaker or shaping up to become the party leader before it turned out she was literally too dumb and lazy to even do the simplest grift.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

pentyne posted:

God the 2009/10 elections hype was loving bonkers as for a good 12 months people treated Sarah Palin like she was some potential kingmaker or shaping up to become the party leader before it turned out she was literally too dumb and lazy to even do the simplest grift.

Palin could've been Trump but she was too dumb. Confirm/Deny?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I wanted to make a joke about Palin, unlike Trump, being undefeated because of her biography film, The Undefeated. Googled to make sure that was the title and saw it was made by... Steve Bannon.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The first question of the first debate of the 2020 dem primary was "do black lives matter or do all lives matter"

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Orange Devil posted:

Probably not too dumb, being openly stupid, even extremely stupid, is absolutely part of the appeal. Saying stupid things triggers the libs, you see.

I think she's too lazy and unambitious. She wants recognition and power, but doesn't have a pathological need for control/attention like Trump. Trump would never resign a governorship, even if he hated the job and everything to do with it.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Helicopters semi-regularly killing billionaires like that guy in France or that Oil tycoon

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Orange Devil posted:

Too difficult to answer as Palin's principle trait is her dumbness. A smarter Palin is as impossible to conceive as a more decorous Trump, it's just the main thing that she is

If you're asking if the tea party could have had the kind of cult-like following as Trump back in 2008, that answer is no because Trump is purely a reaction to Obama's complete failure combined with the racist elements who never supported him. In 2008 the best which could be marshaled would have been the racists and the petite bourgeoisie of the tea party but not the downwardly mobile middle class who eventually came to see Obama as a grifter (and who gave the election to Trump)

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Echo Chamber posted:

Helicopters semi-regularly killing billionaires like that guy in France or that Oil tycoon

That one billionaire who died in a dick embiggening operation still makes me lol. A billion loving dollars and you die cause you wanted a bigger dick.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

One More Fat Nerd posted:

That one billionaire who died in a dick embiggening operation still makes me lol. A billion loving dollars and you die cause you wanted a bigger dick.
Lmao

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

One More Fat Nerd posted:

If I had a billion dollars and no social conscience (the billion dollars might just kill the social conscience anyway) I'd spend a whole lot of it making my body suck less. All the plastic surgeries, all the elective surgeries that could theoretically make me look or feel better. All the personal trainers, exercise equipment, you name it. Why stop at the dick?

If I can't be the physical superior of my fellow man than all that money is useless. There are severely diminishing returns on the hedonic treadmill after a certain amount of wealth.

If you do not have a gnawing sense of inadequacy at your core this consideration may be alien to you

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Yes, use all that wealth to try to improve yourself (and inevitably fail because it will never be enough because that gnawing sense of inadequacy is a psychological issue rather than a physical one).

Or save all that effort and use it to demean others so you can feel superior instead, a lot less effort that way.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Orange Devil posted:

Yes, use all that wealth to try to improve yourself (and inevitably fail because it will never be enough because that gnawing sense of inadequacy is a psychological issue rather than a physical one).

Or save all that effort and use it to demean others so you can feel superior instead, a lot less effort that way.

Yeah but people don't find it as hot when you do the second thing. with infinity money you can convince people to have sex with you, but you can't pay them to find you physically attractive, and you certainly can't demean your way to being hot either

to be very clear though it is extremely funny the billionaire died from injecting stem cells in his dick

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

And, for an instant, she stared directly into those soft blue eyes and knew, with an instinctive mammalian certainty, that the exceedingly rich were no longer even remotely human.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
If I had a billion dollars I might buy a PS5 and an Xbox Series X.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Orange Devil posted:

The objectively correct solution is to use your billions to enact the "poisonous dick-shrinking malt liquor" plan from Black Dynamite, IRL. In the land of micropeens, regular peen guy is king!

I mean, if you're a billionaire, you're already a villain anyway. Why be half-assed about it?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Echo Chamber posted:

If I had a billion dollars I might buy a PS5 and an Xbox Series X.

There’s only one reputable decision to make of one has a billion dollars:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

butt pound foolish posted:

Dashcam footage from the capitol attack

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Thump! posted:

Not only did one of the helicopters crash, but IIRC it crashed into a tanker C-130 that was parked on some impromptu airfield in the desert, causing it to explode and killing a couple of the guys on board. Afterwards everyone sadly got back into their helicopters and just left lol

that event also led to the creation of delta force lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
if I were a billionaire why would I care how big my dick is. I barely care now and I’m only a thousandaire

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
"Tim Apple"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Echo Chamber posted:

If I had a billion dollars I might buy a PS5

Why buy a Kaiba when you can BE a Kaiba

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Obama Doesn't Owe This Country poo poo:

https://www.theroot.com/obama-doesn-t-owe-this-country-poo poo-1826309455

quote:

Barack Obama is not your Magical Negro. I know y’all want him to be, but you have to give the man a break. He just got out of one of the most abusive eight-year relationships imaginable. I’m sure he needs some time to decompress.

There is this thing white people do where they invoke Obama’s name and say he is the one who needs to come forward and speak out against Donald Trump. He is the one who needs to condemn the things Trump is doing. He is the one who needs to save us from a demise of our own making. Why?

Think of it this way: Obama had an eight-year contract to be the CEO of a large corporation. Said corporation has a rule that once CEO contracts are up, there are no extensions and no renewals. He can never be CEO again, so he leaves at the end of his contract, and they replace him with someone else. The new CEO is a bumbling idiot prone to childish outbursts on social media who is burning the company down to the ground. The corporation is now expecting Obama to come in and save the day. For free.

His old job is literally expecting him to come back and fix the fuckups of his replacement for free, just because he used to work there. Sir, please.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

I don't think I've hated a "country should be business" metaphor more in my life

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Animal Friend posted:

Gaddafi had a huge crush on Condoleezza Rice

"Black Flower in the White House"

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/thedailyshow/status/858007470073147393?lang=en

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Chuka Umana posted:

Think of it this way: Obama had an eight-year contract to be the CEO of a large corporation. Said corporation has a rule that once CEO contracts are up, there are no extensions and no renewals. He can never be CEO again, so he leaves at the end of his contract, and they replace him with someone else. The new CEO is a bumbling idiot prone to childish outbursts on social media who is burning the company down to the ground. The corporation is now expecting Obama to come in and save the day. For free.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

underrated movie imo

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

underrated movie imo

I love it. Really captures the "the gently caress do we do? this isn't going to get better is it" ethos of post-2007. Barely a movie though IIRC, clocks in a bit shy of an hour and a half.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

that event also led to the creation of delta force lol

Well Delta was a thing for about a year prior to the event, it was one of the first missions that they attempted. Their founder, Charie Beckwith, was leading the assault element during the raid. What it did lead to though was the creation of 160th SOAR, and a joint command system for complex operations like it.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
big dicks are great

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Thump! posted:

Well Delta was a thing for about a year prior to the event, it was one of the first missions that they attempted. Their founder, Charie Beckwith, was leading the assault element during the raid. What it did lead to though was the creation of 160th SOAR, and a joint command system for complex operations like it.

doh, yes that's right. it's been a few years since I read a book about it

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Bored Online posted:

big dicks are great

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
The 'guards' of last summer's CHAZ in Seattle murdered two unarmed black teenagers and then tried to cover up the evidence.

And bringing it up in the CHAZ thread here became a probed offense.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Chuka Umana posted:

The 'guards' of last summer's CHAZ in Seattle murdered two unarmed black teenagers and then tried to cover up the evidence.

The teenagers had guns, as the videos from CHAZ showed. It was discussed extensively, I guess you're mad you got in trouble for lying about their deaths?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Chuka Umana posted:

can you just like stop posting please