Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Kalit posted:

I can't imagine anyone who belongs to the SRA would vote for a centrist or right-wing politician solely because the more left candidate is for more gun control....

I'm not going to speak for all SRA members, but recent SRA Forum threads would indicate they wouldn't vote for either one, myself included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Angry_Ed posted:

In my high school the teachers explicitly called it a genocide and pointed out how, officially, the US doesn't see it as one but it totally is one.

And this was in a town in Massachusetts that always leaned Republican in presidential elections until 2020 (I think legal weed may have helped do that)

Even in my deep south History class taught by the School Football coach who was no doubt Republican, he was very clear during the Trail of Tears segment that this pretty much fell under genocide.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 26, 2021

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I wonder how people come to these conclusions and how interviewers always seem to find them. The Venn diagram of people who are tuned in enough to be able to name Tulsi Gabbard and Dan Crenshaw off the top of their head, but not realize that they disagree on 90% of issues has to be tiny.

Not to mention what the draw is for a libertarian from Eerie, PA is to a Hawaiian politician that wants to ally with dictators to help them kill Muslims and a Texan who thinks we should be invading every dictatorship in the world (except for Saudi Arabia).

That's the Unity Party ticket.

https://www.businessinsider.com/unity-2020-idw-patriotic-bipartisan-presidential-tulsi-gabbard-crenshaw-2020-9

quote:

Unity 2020 is the brainchild of former Evergreen State College professor Bret Weinstein, a charter member of the "intellectual dark web" (IDW) who is probably best-known for being the target of a student-led mob on campus in 2017. Unity 2020 isn't a party; it's "a grassroots presidential campaign to restore patriotic, courageous & capable leadership to the United States," according to its website.

Fundamental to the Unity 2020 ethos is the belief that the country faces certain doom if either President Donald Trump or Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden wins the election in November. The idea, then, is that a "patriotic" bipartisan ticket can save the day.

quote:

Supporters submitted over 2,000 candidate nominations, according to Weinstein, and the top six were then voted on via ranked online ballots.

Eight rounds of online voting — with 7,919 votes in all — ultimately yielded two sitting members of Congress (as well as military veterans) as Unity 2020's presidential ticket: Republican Rep. Dan Crenshaw and Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard.

(I made numerous attempts to reach Crenshaw's and Gabbard's spokespeople to see if they were at all interested in running for president under the Unity 2020 banner but never got a response.)

and the punchline:

quote:

Oh also, a coin flip will determine whether the Democrat or the Republican serves as president or vice president, and the order of the ticket will be reversed every four years.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Lol, going by Wikipedia that dumb motherfucker Weinstein throws a tantrum over cancel culture at Evergreen, sues and quits his job, and society’s punishment is that he’s now at Princeton. That’s some impressive failing up there!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

wizzardstaff posted:

and the punchline:

You... can't do that, right? Don't the electors explicitly vote for the presidential and VP candidates in those roles?

I mean, it's easy enough to make the VP become president after the election, but you can't make the president become VP without Congress approving it.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

James Garfield posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HenryJGomez/status/1386307640087564291

It took six months but someone finally went to a diner dinor to interview Biden voters and some libertarian rear end in a top hat for Gabbard/Crenshaw 2024

Ah, yes, the "border border" issue.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Erie County, PA, a well-known border county that has great concerns about what is happening on that border.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Thom12255 posted:

Erie County, PA, a well-known border county that has great concerns about what is happening on that border.

It definitely border borders some other counties though. Maybe every county should be walled off from its neighbours to stop the influx of the Wrong Type Of People

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Thom12255 posted:

The perfidious and inscrutable Canadian threat.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

But what of the Noble Trump Voter?! Has the NY Times finally ended their fascist Safaris?

That regular Trump Voter they used to interview stopped returning NYT's phone calls after January 6th, for some reason :thunk:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Why won’t President Biden do something about these rafts full of Canadians floating across Lake Erie and taking our jerbs?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ted Cruz is from Canada

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Ted Cruz is from Canada

And known Terrorist Leader Gavin McInnes

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Thom12255 posted:

It's funny how frothy FOX has gotten folks--in states thousands of miles from the Mexican border--over cartel violence and MS13.

My parents in suburban coastal SC are intensely concerned.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Angry_Ed posted:

And known Terrorist Leader Gavin McInnes

As well as Steven Crowder

I think we need a wall folks

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

If the U.S. was committing genocide against the Native Americans today, then there are treaties that it is bound by that could have legal impact.

the genocide of native americans absolutely continues to this day

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

LeeMajors posted:

It's funny how frothy FOX has gotten folks--in states thousands of miles from the Mexican border--over cartel violence and MS13.

My parents in suburban coastal SC are intensely concerned.

there's also the added minor layer of FN, which is headquartered in NYC telling people in those states that this is how they should think.

flyover state regressive : aint no city folk going to tell me what to do!!!

Tuck or some other talking head who live in some rich gated community in NY or NJ : LIBS!!!!!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is it possible that Keeping up with the Kardashians was a public relations campaign to elevate Armenian-American visibility and it is folding now that the mission is complete?
Thank gently caress this recognition put an end to such a cringy show :hmbol:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1386723272721588229

"Ooof yeah we definitely don't want these"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Please send those north to Canada they need them badly.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Grouchio posted:

Thank gently caress this recognition put an end to such a cringy show :hmbol:
only good thing that came out of the show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-0lH2-jDM

USnews: Kim there's people that are dying

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Grouchio posted:

Please send those north to Canada they need them badly.

India is kinda the #1 priority right now, it's straight-up apocalyptic over there. Modi is going full Trump so the individual Indian states are scrambling on their own to get vaccines.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This won't work because guns are a cultural thing for gun people rather than having anything to do with policy. They'll still endlessly scream about how communists are coming to take their guns away no matter the state of the law.

This.

Trump did more on gun control than Obama did. He banned bump stocks. Guess which one is classified as the gun-grabbing Hitler-to-be?

"Let's just cede this policy to the chuds because it's hurting us politically" is never a good idea.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I had an older (like mid-60s) relative who I think just used guns as a way to simplify his politics and not have to think about who he was voting for. It's all he would talk about any time politics came up and was as far as I could tell the only issue he thought about, but I think it was partially because he was extremely uninformed and found the idea of having to compare candidates intimidating.

Also he was probably uncomfortable with the idea of confronting how much of a racist he was.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

TulliusCicero posted:

:allbuttons:

I had no idea that Grossman was a born again Christian loon, which in hindsight seems loving obvious, but to combine prosperity gospel with cops shooting civilians as "GOD WARRIORS", that...that is a special kind of loving twisted evil poo poo.

...bravo to him for outdoing the Biblical Satan in corruption I guess :shrug:

Grossman has waxed poetic about how the best sex you'll ever have is right after killing someone. The man who has formulated one of the most widely used police training methodologies in the US everyone!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
It's kind of impressive how fast everyone on conservative media can get on message.

This huge push that we are limiting beef to 4 pounds per year and requiring "plant-based beer" only isn't even based on a misleading description of something that was said. It was just a straight up weird lie that probably sounds unbelievable to 90% of people that hear it.

Either that, or everyone independently came to the conclusion that mandatory "plant-based beer" was being planned simultaneously.

As dumb as it is, I can understand the fear mongering about beef. I don't even know how they decided that "plant-based beer" was both something that Biden wanted to mandate or that it was something different from normal beer. And that they are doubling down on the beer claim.

Seems like even the CHUDDiest CHUD should realize that seems crazy and that there is no way for the government to track when each individual American hits 4 lbs of beef consumed each month.

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1385991099299377159
https://twitter.com/toddstarnes/status/1386076095850688515
https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1385955098715729926

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008
Where. Where does it say this. This is such a dumb stupid hill to Die on.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nazattack posted:

It doesn't matter where it says that, only that Fox News and the others say something says that.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Nazattack posted:

Here is how the lie got started, thanks to the Daily Mail.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1386342129346228224

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

It's kind of impressive how fast everyone on conservative media can get on message.
]

They literally have talking point mailers. Email lists with talking points going out to both the chud polloi and chud media have been going on for decades. It's part of the organizing and unification conservatives have leveraged against disjointed liberals and leftists.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Even after googling, I still can't find out what the claim of mandating "plant-based beer" is supposed to be about.

Or how barley, wheat, and hops are not plants.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Nazattack posted:

The plan doesn’t have to say it.

The chud-wranglers just have to claim the plan says that.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Even after googling, I still can't find out what the claim of mandating "plant-based beer" is supposed to be about.

Or how barley, wheat, and hops are not plants.

It was just an idiotic thinh Larry Kudlow said.

LARRY KUDLOW: Speaking of stupid, there’s a study coming out of the University of Michigan which says that to meet the Biden Green New Deal targets, America has to, get this, America has to stop eating meat, stop eating poultry and fish, seafood, eggs, dairy, and animal-based fats. Ok, got that? No burger on July 4. No steaks on the barbecue. I’m sure Middle America is just going to love that. Can you grill those Brussels sprouts? So get ready. You can throw back a plant-based beer with your grilled Brussels sprouts and wave your American flag. Call it July 4th Green.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

This huge push that we are limiting beef to 4 pounds per year and requiring "plant-based beer" only isn't even based on a misleading description of something that was said. It was just a straight up weird lie that probably sounds unbelievable to 90% of people that hear it.

Either that, or everyone independently came to the conclusion that mandatory "plant-based beer" was being planned simultaneously.

As dumb as it is, I can understand the fear mongering about beef. I don't even know how they decided that "plant-based beer" was both something that Biden wanted to mandate or that it was something different from normal beer. And that they are doubling down on the beer claim.

Seems like even the CHUDDiest CHUD should realize that seems crazy and that there is no way for the government to track when each individual American hits 4 lbs of beef consumed each month.

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1385991099299377159
https://twitter.com/toddstarnes/status/1386076095850688515
https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1385955098715729926

Larry Kudlow went on Fox either last night or the night before and invented this claim about 90% red-meat reduction and "plant-based beers". Nobody seems to have asked him what the hell kind of meat beers he was used to.

The Fox graphic gives a hint: it is, in fact, from the University of Michigan. Kudlow appears to have googled something like "emissions red meat", and found IMPLICATIONS OF FUTURE US DIET SCENARIOS ON GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS. The paper presents four scenarios and provides projections for diet-based emissions for each of them; scenario 4 describes a 51% reduction in diet-based emissions if Americans reduce their red meat intake by 90%. (I have to assume that he got the number of pounds per year from the number of the scenario, since the paper specifically states that a 90% reduction would still leave Americans eating 50.1 pounds of beef a year.)

It is worth noting that the paper was published in January 2020 and has nothing to do with Joe Biden, the federal government, or the Green New Deal, and that while it presents a possible partial solution for the US's commitment to reduce emissions, it does not make any recommendations, let alone any binding regulations.

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 26, 2021

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Piell posted:

It was just an idiotic think Larry Kudlow said.

LARRY KUDLOW: I’m still suffering economic shock from yesterday’s Earth Day. It was bac because President Biden announced a 50% cut in carbon emissions in only a few years, which is going to throw a wet blanket over this booming economy for sure. Of course, it will wreck the fossil fuel sector, which still accounts for about 70% of our power.

Speaking of stupid, there’s a study coming out of the University of Michigan which says that to meet the Biden Green New Deal targets, America has to, get this, America has to stop eating meat, stop eating poultry and fish, seafood, eggs, dairy, and animal-based fats. Ok, got that? No burger on July 4. No steaks on the barbecue. I’m sure Middle America is just going to love that. Can you grill those Brussels sprouts? So get ready. You can throw back a plant-based beer with your grilled Brussels sprouts and wave your American flag. Call it July 4th Green.

I just assumed he must have picked it up from somewhere else, because everyone else is doubling down on the claim that they will mandate plant-based beer and I have no idea why random people are going to the mat for Larry Kudlow when they could just stick to the meat thing. Or how plant-based beer is supposed to even be different from normal beer made from wheat, hops, and barley.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
You can absolutely grill brussels sprouts though? :confused:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

LOL yeah the shooter grill probably has 4 lbs of ecoli consumed per month.

And I love that known crackhead Donald Trump JR brags about eating 4 lbs of red meat a day while snorting crack off of a born again hookers rear end.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Hahaha I sure as gently caress don't want to be anywhere near NON plant-based beer.

In before some goon shows us some ungodly meat-based spirit.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Yeast isn't a plant.

Therefore, yeast is an animal.

Therefore, Beer is Meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Quorum posted:

You can absolutely grill brussels sprouts though? :confused:

And they're amazing. Really, it's the only way to do them right. People who claim to not like sprouts probably grew up eating overcooked steamed or boiled nastiness.

I toss mine in sesame oil, and roast them on a hot grill, brushing them midway through with a sweet soy glaze and a light sprinkling of togarashi chili flake. Delicious. I do them every time I fire up the grill.

e:

Saxophone posted:

In before some goon shows us some ungodly meat-based spirit.

A friend found a recipe for some sort of chicken-based beer in an old rear end recipe book he had in college. It did not sound good and we did not try to make it.