Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

flashy_mcflash posted:

Some of them are on a normal one

Twinkletoes

Kenny Oatmeal

Jacksonville Dixie

Ton E Con

Rich Sean

lol, are they truly unaware that the end of the storyline is Omega dropping the title back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

lol, are they truly unaware that the end of the storyline is Omega dropping the title back?

I can say with some confidence that they are unaware of that, yes.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
a wonderful crop of dumb takes.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

People do think that Kenny Omega, the same guy who has extremely giving matches with jobbers where he eats a ton of offense is just going to vacate the title.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The most surprising thing is that they're not loudly claiming ownership of the success of AEW (Because Cody & The Young Bucks came through), NJPW (Because Tanahashi and Okada came through), and WWE (Because CM Punk and AJ Styles came through)

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

wrestling is real

https://twitter.com/Blade_222/status/1386522127013056514

also mods change my name to kenny oatmeal

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

Jacksonville Dixie

"once proud promotion" lmfao

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

"once proud promotion" lmfao

I like how 'once proud promotion' is accompanied by shade on the person who ran it for years.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Maxwell Lord posted:

The thing with the Fiend is, I'm on record as not minding weird supernatural poo poo in wrestling, even if the kind of mainstream wrestling that WWE and AEW do only really allow for small doses.

The problem is, as best I can tell, it's not going anywhere. Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt have fought a bunch and as best I can tell Randy usually wins, esp. the big matches- Wyatt has eked out like a victory or two, but it's not really a feud, because Orton has proven himself the stronger. And yet the angle keeps going, forever.
For all of the LORE OF THE FIEND jokes we make here, it's pretty clear that all the Fiend/Alexa stuff was someone in WWE creative saying "what if every Korn album cover, but wrestling gimmicks" and then stopping there.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

I like how 'once proud promotion' is accompanied by shade on the person who ran it for years.

They're really nostalgic for the NWA-TNA days

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Trying and failing to wrap my head around TNAMecca posters invoking "Jacksonville Dixie."

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pinche Rudo posted:

They're really nostalgic for the NWA-TNA days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Kkn0RuQns

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

the kenny oatmeal poster is right, kenny should dominate the entire roster in increasingly lopsidedly booked matches.

until he loses to w. Morrissey

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Leave it to TNAMecca to get extremely mad that their moribund (ostensible) favorite promotion is getting some real shine for the first time in a long time.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
"I just want Impact to go back to the good ol days!!!!!!"

The Good Ol Days:

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

That would actually be far from the low point of Goldilocks' career in TNA before they unceremoniously ditched her for Scott Hudson.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

davidbix posted:

Trying and failing to wrap my head around TNAMecca posters invoking "Jacksonville Dixie."

I don't want to speak for them but their (obviously baseless) criticisms of AEW are that Tony makes all the same mistakes Dixie did - inconsistent booking, picking up ex-WWE talent at great cost and pushing them ahead of their own, etc. Nothing new, but they are a special brand of deranged.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't want to speak for them but their (obviously baseless) criticisms of AEW are that Tony makes all the same mistakes Dixie did - inconsistent booking, picking up ex-WWE talent at great cost and pushing them ahead of their own, etc. Nothing new, but they are a special brand of deranged.

Of the current AEW champions zero have been on WWE main roster and the only reason i have to make that specific is Lenny Omega and Brian Cage were in developmental over a decade ago.

Edit: was going to fix Lenny Omega but no im keeping it that way

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lid posted:

Of the current AEW champions zero have been on WWE main roster and the only reason i have to make that specific is Lenny Omega and Brian Cage were in developmental over a decade ago.

Edit: was going to fix Lenny Omega but no im keeping it that way

Just keep him away from The Bunny, I've read that book.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Lid posted:

Lenny Omega

lenny oatmeal

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's not just Mecca but same energy. These people deadass think that AEW will subsume Impact

https://twitter.com/Makavelimademe/status/1386578588162527232?s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm0HaOU69Qc

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ANTwontstop/status/1386522417720446976

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Vince MechMahon posted:

Just keep him away from The Bunny, I've read that book.

lol

I didn't even read Lenny Omega as a typo, I just assumed that was the name WWE gave him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://mobile.twitter.com/DNEIW/status/1386717936744808452

https://mobile.twitter.com/DNEIW/status/1386720106827423745

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Disagree with the idea that TNT would be done with Dynamite, but I do think if the NHL deal goes through and they want Wednesday nights, they will get it. AEW will be forced to move nights.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

it's just three hundred thousand tvs tuned to TNT in Tony Khan's house every Wednesday

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Strong "What have the Romans ever done for us?" energy right here.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

DarkstarIV posted:

Disagree with the idea that TNT would be done with Dynamite, but I do think if the NHL deal goes through and they want Wednesday nights, they will get it. AEW will be forced to move nights.

You seem to have misread that the tweet said moving off TNT entirely as in being cancelled, not moving nights.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

To where, though? They cant go to Mondays and I doubt anybody wants it on Friday.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MJeff posted:

To where, though? They cant go to Mondays and I doubt anybody wants it on Friday.

If it happened, I would imagine either Tuesday or Thursday (sorry Impact but no one watches you anyways). But that's a big if still.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

If it happened, I would imagine either Tuesday or Thursday (sorry Impact but no one watches you anyways).

Aren't the bigger NBA games on Thursday?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/JWrestlingV2/status/1386498662436458496?s=19

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Pylons posted:

Aren't the bigger NBA games on Thursday?

Oh. Definitely looks like it according to the schedule. At least TNT broadcasts games that day. So honestly I don't know where AEW would go if they were forced to move to a different timeslot.

For reference, NBA on TNT airs on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So I guess if they had to move it would be probably on Friday or Saturday. Would lean towards Saturday if anything though, since nothing important seems to air on TNT right now during those days. Unless you really like movies or NCIS marathons.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wednesday for Hockey was only really an NBC thing they tried to do recently so who knows.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They could always do late night Dynamite

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh. Definitely looks like it according to the schedule. At least TNT broadcasts games that day. So honestly I don't know where AEW would go if they were forced to move to a different timeslot.

For reference, NBA on TNT airs on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So I guess if they had to move it would be probably on Friday or Saturday. Would lean towards Saturday if anything though, since nothing important seems to air on TNT right now during those days. Unless you really like movies or NCIS marathons.

it has to be saturday at 6:05

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

https://mobile.twitter.com/JWrestlingV2/status/1386709211719950338

ACES AND EIGHTS

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

BIG CROWDS? They ran from the same small building for like a decade while not charging!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lol Aces and Eights but honestly I don't find current TNA any better than it was. Maybe this generation of TNA will be better with crowds but I find the overwhelming majority of the current version a chore to watch.