Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Angels/status/1386713631207792642?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Huh, I got snipped in October and there were definitely no lasers involved.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Yeah I thought they just put a little paperclip on it or something

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

All this baby talk is a perfect segue into the fact that I’m having a doctor shoot a laser an inch away from my balls tomorrow to make sure I don’t have any more kids. I am very excited.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

“Do you expect me to stop posting?”

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
Yeah mine definitely did not involve lasers but now I want a redo with lasers involved.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I don't actual know if it's lasers, all I know is the good doctor is making a couple of tiny holes down there and I won't be able to get a lady pregnant again (after a few months).

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Anyone else ever get LASIK? Let me tell you it's a trip being able to smell your own eyeballs burning.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Situation for you guys and how you'd handle-

At the place I just moved I have a fenced in back yard, neighbors do as well. I obviously have Maggie and they have two dogs. Today I'm sitting outside because it's nice and working and I have Maggie with me. The neighbor has their dogs out on their deck, which is high enough to see into our yard as the fence is maybe 5ft tall. The dogs can see Maggie and are barking at her non-stop. I'm able to tone it out and have headphones in and Maggie doesn't care and is just rolling around/laying in the grass in the sun, completely ignoring them.

So the neighbor asks me to take her inside so his dogs will stop barking. He says he's never had the issue previous to us moving in and essentially that it's on us to "do the right thing"

...what?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
If you have a laser vasectomy you have to refer to your dick as Cyclops, sorry that's the rules

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Because yokels lose their loving minds finding roundabouts.

The amount of supposedly functional adults I work with who piss and moan about roundabouts is astounding. Literally every single one in the area was a massive improvement over prior intersections.

Yes this. They put in a handful of roundabouts in my hometown several years ago and it was constant bitching. Then they put in a double roundabout that ended up getting a lane closed permanently because people kept crashing into each other in it.

The number of people who just completely miss/lack the concept of signaling their exit so traffic can continue to flow baffles me.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Joey Freshwater posted:

At the place I just moved I have a fenced in back yard, neighbors do as well. I obviously have Maggie and they have two dogs. Today I'm sitting outside because it's nice and working and I have Maggie with me. The neighbor has their dogs out on their deck, which is high enough to see into our yard as the fence is maybe 5ft tall. The dogs can see Maggie and are barking at her non-stop. I'm able to tone it out and have headphones in and Maggie doesn't care and is just rolling around/laying in the grass in the sun, completely ignoring them.

So the neighbor asks me to take her inside so his dogs will stop barking. He says he's never had the issue previous to us moving in and essentially that it's on us to "do the right thing"

...what?

Ask the neighbor politely to take his dogs inside because they are causing a ruckus and you've never had this issue prior to moving in and essentially it's on him to "do the right thing"

find a way to tell him/her to gently caress off

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

...what?

Heh. So I'm the "other" neighbor in this situation. There is a dog in the other yard that Finn and Molly incessantly bark at whenever he is out.

As soon as they start barking at him, I go outside and address it, either by redirecting them to do something else or I bring them inside.

There is no way I would ask my neighbor to take their dog inside because my dogs are being assholes lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Are you okay what happened here

Nothing it just happened a few months before I turned 18 so I came really close to joining the military. I had done well on the math portion of the ASVAB so a Navy recruiter was pursuing me hard core for the code breaking division.

And then I meet a full grown adult and some how it comes up and they say something like "I was 8 when that happened" and it's weird to me even though, obviously, people in grade school when it happened would be in their late twenties/ early thirties now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I don't actual know if it's lasers, all I know is the good doctor is making a couple of tiny holes down there and I won't be able to get a lady pregnant again (after a few months).

it's actually a light saber

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

The idea of telling a neighbor "my dog won't stop barking at yours, I need you to go inside to make him stop" makes me so uncomfortable it causes me physical pain.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Glad I'm not the crazy one

The funnier thing is that when they let them down in the yard they will chase each other up and down the length of the fence for hours if he'd let them. They're friendly dogs and I think it's more of them wanting to play instead of them being assholes.

I suggested this to him and he said no so now me and Maggie are still sitting outside in the sun, I guess he took his dogs back in.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

Joey Freshwater posted:

...what?

Build a bigger better wall to keep the others out.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

it's actually a light saber

If my Dr. walks in looking like this guy, I'm running.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ehud posted:

There is no way I would ask my neighbor to take their dog inside because my dogs are being assholes lol

:hmmyes: That’s the correct take.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Zulu just showed me this picture of his lunch and I'm posting it cause I am now very hungry / jealous.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

The idea of telling a neighbor "my dog won't stop barking at yours, I need you to go inside to make him stop" makes me so uncomfortable it causes me physical pain.

Yeah I was going through like six different responses in draft and it's this. I hate selfishness so drat much.

Nov 6, 2002

strip out of your clothes and ask him if he's ever been in a storm of fists

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

The sandwich was good. Will eat another one tomorrow.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Joey Freshwater posted:

...what?

Anytime something like this or something else that a possible neighbor wouldn't like, my response has always been pay my mortgage and I'll do whatever you want. Granted I haven't done anything to have a neighbor be made at me it's just what I would say if it came up.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I found Gandalf yesterday

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've had the MacGyver theme song stuck in my head for the past 24 hours :psyduck:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Sibling relationships are definitely a weird beast, especially when your siblings are just assholes. I’m the youngest son, my late brother was the middle child, and my sister is the oldest. He was 5 years older than me and my sister is 7 years older than me, so they were always bigger and stronger than me until I was like halfway through highschool. The dynamic was almost always one day my brother would pick on me or beat me up and my sister would be the good cop and make him back off. Then the next day she would be an rear end in a top hat to me and my brother would defend me. Some days they would both gang up on me and those were the WORST. But it always changed up from day to day so I never knew what I was in for.

I still remember the day my sister stopped picking on me, I was minding my own business in my own room and she came in and started flicking me and punching me. I got up and put her rear end in a headlock and slammed her face into the closet door and she dropped like a sack of rocks :commissar: Then I promptly ran out of the house to a friend’s because I was still scared of her lol

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

ZuluDashOne posted:

I'm gonna bring a lunch to work tomorrow so your bread and meat wizardry will have no effect!

Nov 6, 2002

seiferguy posted:

I've had the MacGyver theme song stuck in my head for the past 24 hours :psyduck:

gently caress

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joey Freshwater posted:

...what?

What the loving hell? I could maybe, maybe see asking something like that if your dog was also barking or doing something else that was obviously provoking my dogs, but even then I probably wouldn't.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

What the loving hell? I could maybe, maybe see asking something like that if your dog was also barking or doing something else that was obviously provoking my dogs, but even then I probably wouldn't.

idk I guess he thinks it's a 'he was here first' situation but I guess ultimately he can't do much about it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ZuluDashOne posted:

Build a bigger better wall to keep the others out.

That doesn't help, dogs will catch a sniff or hear the other and it'll set them off.

ZuluDashOne posted:

Post that artisanal sandwich

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

...what?

Your neighbor is a selfish rear end in a top hat and he should gently caress right off into oblivion.

The stones on that guy....what the gently caress?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Joey Freshwater posted:

...what?

That guy needs to get his dogs' poo poo together. That's filed firmly under "not your problem."

My dog is obnoxious to the neighbor dogs through the fence because she wants to play (but one is too old and the other is too small for how she plays) and I am always telling her to cut it out. It's my dog, it's my responsibility to make sure she isn't a nuisance.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I still think the weirdest neighbor interaction I had was getting a pizza and neighbors across my street came over and asked if they could have the pizza instead, and were annoyed when I said no.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Vasectomy and LASIK are both things that I want. I never wanted kids and now I am 30 and still have absolutely zero desire for kids, so that will be happening in the future for sure.

LASIK on the other hand, I’m sure my vision insurance will probably be like “lol no” because :911: so I’ll probably just stay with glasses and contacts.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Post that artisanal sandwich

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Zulu just showed me this picture of his lunch and I'm posting it cause I am now very hungry / jealous.

My favorite neighbor interaction so far after moving to Texas was the guy in the apartment across from mine said to the doordash lady "Someone lives there? Been here 6 months and never seen them, thought the unit was empty"

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

bobjr posted:

I still think the weirdest neighbor interaction I had was getting a pizza and neighbors across my street came over and asked if they could have the pizza instead, and were annoyed when I said no.

WHAT

I can't even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ZuluDashOne posted:

My favorite neighbor interaction so far after moving to Texas was the guy in the apartment across from mine said to the doordash lady "Someone lives there? Been here 6 months and never seen them, thought the unit was empty"

Post tomorrow's artisanal sandwich :mad: