Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

John Charity Spring posted:

Yeah it's definitely new to see at a protest. I've seen armed cops around Glasgow since 2014 though, just on the streets sometimes

SteelMentor posted:

Pre-Plague Times you could usually see a few of them strutting about Newcastle with SMGs, typically around the big shopping centre. Just a mite bit worrying to look up from your overpriced pizza and see a tac'd up bizzie with his eyes and fingers twitching.

loving hell, hopefully they don't find there way over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

No the cops had no riot gear and then got the poo poo kicked out of them

Ah okay yes, that's a loving lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

oliwan posted:

Ah okay yes, that's a loving lmao

Genuinely every single time there is a police aligned protest in London the met basically don't turn up and then get battered by the protesters but if it's something they don't like they kick the poo poo out of protesters so it's always extremely funny when the police get beaten up

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

This tweet got deleted but from all the replies it looks like it was about militarized police. I find all the "wtf!?" responses kind of funny, In N. Ireland I grew up with this. Soldiers and APCs too.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Valko posted:

This tweet got deleted but from all the replies it looks like it was about militarized police. I find all the "wtf!?" responses kind of funny, In N. Ireland I grew up with this. Soldiers and APCs too.

The tweet said that police told observers they were under instruction to shoot protestors if they began damaging property

iirc it was phrased as "use force" so might have been disputed as "no we didn't mean the guns we brought out for the occasion, we meant the normal kind of force"

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Spangly A posted:

The tweet said that police told observers they were under instruction to shoot protestors if they began damaging property

iirc it was phrased as "use force" so might have been disputed as "no we didn't mean the guns we brought out for the occasion, we meant the normal kind of force"

Ohhh, that's worse than what I imagined.

Hmm. I remember when there was a europe wide police convention of some sort here. Many coppers, from places like Germany, were confused as to why the PSNI were not using live rounds when protestors starting throwing molotovs and fireworks.

I guess it's because NOBODY here wants to deal with that kind of political fallout - see Bloody Sunday - which basically kick-started the Troubles. I don't think the conservatives would have any reservations, they obviously don't think about long term consequences.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Jose posted:

Genuinely every single time there is a police aligned protest in London the met basically don't turn up and then get battered by the protesters but if it's something they don't like they kick the poo poo out of protesters so it's always extremely funny when the police get beaten up

this is entirely the case, and I always enjoy seeing the Twitter videos later of the pigs being chased down by their ‘friends’

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
tory coup?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

there is a lot of reprehensible stuff boris has done in his life but being responsible for her being imprisoned and refusing to help because it'd mean admitting he made a mistake is up there with the worst of it

https://twitter.com/MirrorBreaking_/status/1386641623132540931?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

also just genreally lol that the knives are finally out for boris and the tories are making a massive mistake

sounds like NIP are in a mess too

https://twitter.com/Clairefta/status/1386382666874998787?s=20

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

this is why we need to shotgun spray new parties at the wall until we luck into one with good leadership

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

if i somehow ever become leader of the UK you best believe gulags are back, in pog form

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Jose posted:

if i somehow ever become leader of the UK you best believe gulags are back, in pog form

yeah but where will you put them? whats englands siberia equivalent

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

there are tons of tiny islands with gently caress all on them

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

North Wales

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Actually no Llandudno's nice, just send them all to Rhyl until they've learned their lesson

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

ascension island

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Jose posted:

also just genreally lol that the knives are finally out for boris and the tories are making a massive mistake

sounds like NIP are in a mess too

https://twitter.com/Clairefta/status/1386382666874998787?s=20

I can't see this tweet, probably because my account got suspended a while back and I never bothered trying to get it back. What's the problem with NIP?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

il_cornuto posted:

I can't see this tweet, probably because my account got suspended a while back and I never bothered trying to get it back. What's the problem with NIP?

tweet seems to be gone now, basically what im assuming is a higher up, "phillip", at the NIP gets caught using ablist language and refuses to be censored

also a bunch of stuff describing discord drama that makes it sound like the NIP is basically what would happen if the UKMT tried to create a nationalist party
with the normies asking whether there are any plans to stop the tories while the cool kids sharpen their shitposting blades

and the nationalist types not wanting to back anything thats "culture war" (which is an absolutely brain dead position to take in 2021 imo, you aren't gonna be able to back anything at all) so not wanting to back a fox hunting ban

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

phillip proudfoot is the founder of the NIP

it all sounds pretty loving stupid though

here is boris' cuck providing a helpful list of all the things the government have hosed up on in the last year

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1386639697796112384?s=20

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

tweet seems to be gone now, basically what im assuming is a higher up, "phillip", at the NIP gets caught using ablist language and refuses to be censored

also a bunch of stuff describing discord drama that makes it sound like the NIP is basically what would happen if the UKMT tried to create a nationalist party
with the normies asking whether there are any plans to stop the tories while the cool kids sharpen their shitposting blades

and the nationalist types not wanting to back anything thats "culture war" (which is an absolutely brain dead position to take in 2021 imo, you aren't gonna be able to back anything at all) so not wanting to back a fox hunting ban

Philip Proudfoot is the leader of the party. So, kind of an important person to be behaving like a poo poo.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
proudFEET

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

philip proudfoot is not a real name, mi5 arent even loving trying anymore

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

That's some nice egalitarian and reasonable policies you have there, too bad nothing can't be made part of the c u l t u r e w a r

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

tie bricks to their feet and throw them in the Irish Sea

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

My immediate reaction to them was basically "nice policies, shame about the nationalism" so I'm not too surprised tbh

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

philip proudfoot is not a real name, mi5 arent even loving trying anymore

It's a freaking hobbit name is what that is

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's a freaking hobbit name is what that is

Anti-north racism spotted

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
lol the boris broadcasting corp just making up their own version of the quote

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1386656132714876928

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Lmao

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/26/trident-overseas-or-halted-scotland-independence

quote:

British government officials were banned from doing any work on what to do with Trident if Scotland had voted to secede from the UK in September 2014, Gower said, because to do so was deemed by politicians to be an admission of defeat. The former admiral, now an independent analyst, left Whitehall at the end of the year.

shirts and skins has issued a correction as of 17:05 on Apr 26, 2021

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Hahaha, they won't even relocate them into england??

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tulip posted:

Hahaha, they won't even relocate them into england??

Would you?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Why wouldn't Scotland be an ally? They could rent the base out to England for lots of money.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

That was their attitude to brexit too.

I've a friend who is a worshipper at the feet of David Icke, believes covid is 'just the flu', vaccinations are some kind of Bill Gates trick, and she thinks contingency planning means that by the well-known law of physics, the Law of Attraction, will cause The Doom to come upon us.

I suggest the government is in thrall to the Ickeists.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I've a friend who is a worshipper at the feet of David Icke, believes covid is 'just the flu', vaccinations are some kind of Bill Gates trick, and she thinks contingency planning means that by the well-known law of physics, the Law of Attraction, will cause The Doom to come upon us.

How the hell can you be friends with such a person op

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

maybe she has bomb rear end titties

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

why is this thread title england now?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Nobody cares about Scotland

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

oliwan posted:

How the hell can you be friends with such a person op

She was a very good friend to me for several years.
We poke fun at each other's opinions.

When you get to over-60 and cut out everyone who doesn't agree with you, you'll soon run out of people to be friends with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

if it's them or the cummings rationalists, it's not as easy a choice as you'd think