Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Tibalt posted:

Yeast isn't a plant.

Therefore, yeast is an animal.

Therefore, Beer is Meat.

Can you then turn it into a sandwich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

How are u posted:

It's already a deconstructed sandwich in colloidal form.

e: furthermore, as we all know, pizza is an open faced sandwich, and therefore

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 26, 2021

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ReidRansom posted:

A friend found a recipe for some sort of chicken-based beer in an old rear end recipe book he had in college. It did not sound good and we did not try to make it.

And that is why you are still with us today!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

ReidRansom posted:

A friend found a recipe for some sort of chicken-based beer in an old rear end recipe book he had in college. It did not sound good and we did not try to make it.

How is this even possible? You can't ferment a chicken. It is still going to have to have some kind of yeast or fruit as a base.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

How are u posted:

Yes, but I recommend you never try Marmite.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

You can't ferment a chicken.

Well not with that attitude

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

There's a wikipedia entry for it, looks like!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cock_ale

Still thankful we didn't try to make it because

1glitch0 posted:

And that is why you are still with us today!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Grossman has waxed poetic about how the best sex you'll ever have is right after killing someone. The man who has formulated one of the most widely used police training methodologies in the US everyone!

Didn't it turn out that he never actually killed anyone?

Which, of course, is good, but :lol:

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

How is this even possible? You can't ferment a chicken. It is still going to have to have some kind of yeast or fruit as a base.

The closest thing I saw to that was "Apple cider but throw a chicken in the fermentation vat to add some extra yeast nutrients." Still mostly sugar. I don't imagine that would be as useful for beer since wort has more nutrients than juice to start.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So really it's beer flavored with chicken broth, which is both technically beer and technically non-vegetarian. This is going to become a fixture at right-wing events, isn't it

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

ReidRansom posted:

Okay. That's just normal beer with chicken parts added; not chicken-based beer.

Still gross and likely to cause some terrible shits and stomach pains. I don't even know why you would put tiny ground chicken bones in a drink unless you were trying to kill someone.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I know he's lying.

But from an average perspective isn't having 4lbs of meat in a day a cartoonishly ridiculous amount?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Somehow this is all going to end with Tucker Carlson consuming a pound of raw ground beef on air.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

100% someone send this over to Shapiro

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ReidRansom posted:

I now realize why people in the old days only lived to 30. They were drinking chicken beer.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Ither posted:

I know he's lying.

But from an average perspective isn't having 4lbs of meat in a day a cartoonishly ridiculous amount?

Yes. Although, you could maybe do it if you were intentionally trying.

A huge one-pound sausage for breakfast, a 1-pound burger for lunch, and two 1-pound burgers for dinner.

That's about 6,000 calories, though.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah, not chicken-based, just equally nasty.

haveblue posted:

So really it's beer flavored with chicken broth, which is both technically beer and technically non-vegetarian. This is going to become a fixture at right-wing events, isn't it

Let's hope so, and to hell with all those meddling government health inspectors and their "regulations" too

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 minutes!

Ither posted:

I know he's lying.

Imagine someone eating 16 Quarter Pounder burgers from McDonald's in a day.

Maybe it's possible, but at that point, you're just eating beef to prove a point and not out of any normal love for the meat.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Ither posted:

I know he's lying.

It's probably like 4-5k calories

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Ither posted:

I know he's lying.

it's like more than ten hamburgers

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

You can ferment any kind of meat - that's what a sausage is.
https://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/fermented/american/chicken

No way you can somehow turn that into a beer though, unless you add the meat to the grain-based beer.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I've made beer butt chicken (shoving a can of beer up a chickens butt and cooking it) but never chicken butt beer.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Youth Decay posted:

You can ferment any kind of meat - that's what a sausage is.
https://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/fermented/american/chicken

No way you can somehow turn that into a beer though

you can ferment it but the process will not produce ethanol without a lot of sugars

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ither posted:

yes, that is between 12-16 average size burgers, or between 4-8 steaks. a comically large steak is the t-bone or porterhouse cut, usually eaten as part of a special celebratory meal - you'd have to eat one of those for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. close to 5k calories alone in meat

the more immediate problem, ignoring the fat and calories, is that it would produce deeply uncomfortable bowel movements

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

But if you can eat it all in less than 30 minutes, it's free!

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

ReidRansom posted:

It's already a deconstructed sandwich in colloidal form.

e: furthermore, as we all know, pizza is an open faced sandwich, and therefore

This so tasty, especially when paired with hot pizza. If you can find it, buy it.

Epiphyte
Apr 7, 2006

Okay. That's just normal beer with chicken parts added; not chicken-based beer.

Still gross and likely to cause some terrible shits and stomach pains. I don't even know why you would put tiny ground chicken bones in a drink unless you were trying to kill someone.
I will be massively disappointed if this isn't on Tasting History sometime in the next few months

I'd accept Townsends as well

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Eric Cantonese posted:

Imagine someone eating 16 Quarter Pounder burgers from McDonald's in a day.

Maybe it's possible, but at that point, you're just eating beef to prove a point and not out of any normal love for the meat.

Yea, I love meat, but 4lbs in a day is way beyond where I'm willing to go.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Tibalt posted:

Yeast isn't a plant.

Therefore, yeast is an animal.

Therefore, Beer is Meat.

But I can drink it on Fridays during Lent, so it must actually be a fish.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I'd imagine most folks don't eat 4 pounds of FOOD in a given day, much less meat.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

mobby_6kl posted:

Didn't it turn out that he never actually killed anyone?

Which, of course, is good, but :lol:

Yeah, he's never actually killed anyone, let alone fired a weapon in combat. Actually going over to look at his wikipedia, someone put in this gem

quote:

His career includes service in the U.S. Army where he did not ever kill an enemy combatant.

Also IIRC his whole "I'm a former Army Ranger!" thing is bunk because while he completed Ranger School (a thing that most combat arms and infantry officers are highly encouraged to do) and was qualified to wear the Ranger tab, he didn't actually serve as a line officer in the Regiment. There is a big difference between attending and completing Ranger school and actually serving in the Rangers. I could be confusing that factoid with someone else who pulled a similar stunt but honestly it tracks with him so I'll roll with it till I'm corrected. Don't even get me started on his bullshit "Killology" field of study :rolleyes:

As someone who had to read On Killing for a course (and then later S.L.A. Marshall's work), I really really hate that man. I can't find it but there was a Goon in GiP that summarized Marshall's work really well as "He basically wrote Men Against Fire to force U.S. Military leadership to change their training doctrine from a fuckload of PT and shooting at square targets to silhouette targets, live fire training, and Fire and maneuver tactics" which Grossman took extremely out of context and uses to push his incredibly loving stupid theories "On Killing".

The Behind the Bastards episode on him is really worth a listen too.
https://www.stitcher.com/show/behind-the-bastards/episode/the-man-who-teaches-our-cops-to-kill-70076786

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

This huge push requiring "plant-based beer"
I know I'm going to regret asking, but are barley and hops not plants anymore?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ReidRansom posted:

Powerful post/avatar synergy

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ither posted:

I know he's lying.

I feel like it's an absurd amount. I feel like I usually see ground meat packaged in 500g/1 pound amounts. I'll make a taco/nacho thing out of that and it'll last me 3-4 meals.

Clogging your arteries to own the libs.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

DARPA posted:

Yes, but I recommend you never try Marmite.

Is Marmite that bad? I found a recipe that uses Marmite in a gravy and it sounds pretty tasty.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Is Marmite that bad? I found a recipe that uses Marmite in a gravy and it sounds pretty tasty.

Marmite, like any yeast-based food or drink, is an extremely acquired taste.

If you drank an IPA as your first ever beer and loved it immediately, then you might like marmite.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

This story sounds like it's just red meat for the Republican base.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It is incredibly incredibly salty, like a concentrated soy sauce. Using it as an ingredient in other things is probably the best way to consume it.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Saxophone posted:

I'd imagine most folks don't eat 4 pounds of FOOD in a given day, much less meat.

Sir these are the SomethingAwful.com forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Ither posted:

I know he's lying.

I’m a big dude — 6’5”, over 240 lbs, and I can put it away. I eat 8 oz steaks and those are plenty big. A 16 oz is ridiculously large.

4 lbs of beef a day would kill me. That’s roughly 4000 calories just in meat.