Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I think we all reasonably figured we wouldn't be getting a worst-case scenario from most of the names above and one residual year of lolMets under new management might keep us afloat but this is going south quickly.

Some of that will shake out but yeah, the struggles so far plus things like Soroka having setbacks unrelated to his previous injury, penny-pinching on the bullpen, failing to extend Freeman when left out the welcome mat for it, and then just pitching prospects up and down the system (Anderson aside) generally failing to make a mark. Lot of red flags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the Texas Rangers. A nice and (relatively) easy three game sweep was just what the White Sox needed. That it also contributed to the almighty ASSHAT is just icing on the cake. Thanks, Rangers!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pirates are at .500 after facing some pretty decent teams, wtf is happening

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
lmao

https://twitter.com/ChrisRose/status/1386454180450115584

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I don't follow the AL much so I was very excited to see KC was coming to Pittsburgh before I found out they're 14-6 lol

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Probably the best postgame interview ever.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

elentar posted:

Probably the best postgame interview ever.

Holy loving LOL!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Bucs have gotten a bit lucky with scheduling (getting back end of rotations, saw some teams with their stars hurt...then again Bucs' biggest star is also hurt). But a lot of people were saying they'd lose like 110 which was plainly ridiculous, they're not nearly that bad.

I pegged them as a 90 loss team which is fine for a rebuild year, and they'll probably still finish around there. One wildcard is the bullpen has been exceptional thus far and if that holds they'll eke out a few more wins.

I was upset with the trades this winter but I'm over it, have very much enjoyed this start to the season, and can't wait for Hayes to return.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I'm glad a 7 inning nono finally happened

Now we just need a 10 inning perfect game loss

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Has there really never been a rain-shortened no-no? No one was clean through 6 or 7 and then had a game get called for rain?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

bawfuls posted:

Has there really never been a rain-shortened no-no? No one was clean through 6 or 7 and then had a game get called for rain?

According to ESPN an 8 man committee determined in 1991 that a game must go at least 9 innings to officially be recorded as a no hitter.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

According to ESPN an 8 man committee determined in 1991 that a game must go at least 9 innings to officially be recorded as a no hitter.
Right but has anyone done it?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

bawfuls posted:

It's happened a bunch of times

The first time was May 6 1884

So it didn't take long

Here's a resource

https://www.nonohitters.com/near-no-hitters/

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is a big reason why two sevens doesn't make any sense to me. You're literally taking opportunities to be great away from players.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bawfuls posted:

there were 25 before Bum, apparently

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The Twins are not decent at all, they are very bad in fact

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Rockies GM Jeff Bridich resigned

Bout time

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Rockies GM Jeff Bridich resigned

Bout time

Weird timing, what the hell happened? Just the fallout finally hitting from that awful trade?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Rockies probably throwing him under the bus after kicking off the full rebuild. Now they can bring in a fresh face and talk about how bright the future is well they PAY SOMEONE ELSE $50 MILLION DOLLARS TO TAKE NOLAN ARENADO OFF THEIR HANDS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

bradzilla posted:

The Twins are not decent at all, they are very bad in fact

They split a series with the Padres though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MaxTGoodman/status/1386762333284933633

Imagine having a bullpen this good and still being 9 and loving 12 lol

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://twitter.com/nickgroke/status/1386738979316199425

Imagine being so lovely at your job you fire yourself.

So long as Monfort owns the team, it doesn't matter who the GM is.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Phillies called up noted domestic abuser Odubel Herrera

I know CF is a black hole for Phillies, but yikes

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1386779683128324097

Aaron Boone's lineups are so triggering. They NEED to have a lefty hitter batting 3rd or 4th. It doesn't matter if they are good or not, THEY ARE LEFTY.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/MaxTGoodman/status/1386762333284933633

Imagine having a bullpen this good and still being 9 and loving 12 lol

Hopefully playing the Orioles helps bolster their offense so the bullpen doesn't have to be superhuman.

Of course posting this will result in every game being 12-10.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I forgot to post this in the thread Saturday night.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Davies sucks rear end and I will never not be mad the Cubs traded Darvish and Carrot for his dumb rear end and a bunch of teenage lottery tickets so Tom could save a couple bucks.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Slimy Hog posted:

I collect silly baseball cards so I did the same.

I kind of just want to toss all my baseball cards from when I was a kid into a black hole, but I do occasionally buy PSA cards of players I like. I can get a nice little Freddy Sanchez in perfect condition for around ten bucks.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Christ I'm so tired of the Twins bullpen. And the lineup. What the gently caress happened.

Don't answer that. I don't care, I'm just venting.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
I'd really appreciate the Twins getting their act together since I picked them to win the pennant this year

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.
N: The Giants and Dodgers are tied for first place of the division almost a month in, just like we all expected.

V: The Giants are...good? :confused:

I'm ready to have my heart broken again.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I forgot to post this in the thread Saturday night.

You missed the best part:

https://twitter.com/tatis_jr/status/1386380363312689155

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
mike trout

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I just looked it up and in 23 games, the Dodgers have thrown out three runners attempting to steal, and allowed... TWENTY-SIX steals.

Barnes: 12 SB, 2 CS
Smith: 14 SB, 3 CS

CS%: 19.2%

The Padres have stolen 18 of those, and been caught once.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Ambassador of Funk posted:

N: The Giants and Dodgers are tied for first place of the division almost a month in, just like we all expected.

V: The Giants are...good? :confused:

I'm ready to have my heart broken again.

Year ends in odd number, dont get your hopes up

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Dansby cleansed the bad vibes in Atlanta with sage
https://mobile.twitter.com/Braves/status/1386837351503212544

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rickiep00h posted:

Christ I'm so tired of the Twins bullpen. And the lineup. What the gently caress happened.

Don't answer that. I don't care, I'm just venting.

Lol half of the Twins starting lineup are batting under .200

Alex Colome is loving awful

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bauer is annoying but he's right lol Tatis did peek.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Who cares if he peeked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

bradzilla posted:

Lol half of the Twins starting lineup are batting under .200
I had the same thought about Cleveland when I looked at their lineup last night.