Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

"this is the last time this time" as I walk in to buy a dozen bronuts for myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I wonder if Pallister is as wishy washy in real life, too. Like he's one of those people that never decides where they want to eat.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I wonder if Pallister is as wishy washy in real life, too. Like he's one of those people that never decides where they want to eat.

He simply eats the same boiled chicken, boiled potatoes, boiled frozen veggie medley he gets his Costa Rican chef to prepare for him daily

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Fried Watermelon posted:

He simply eats the same boiled chicken, boiled potatoes, boiled frozen veggie medley he gets his Costa Rican chef to prepare for him daily

Maria, there was a PEPPERCORN in my CHICKEN. YOU KNOW WHAT I SAY ABOUT SPICES MARIA.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

imagine being a credentialed professional who studied to learn to make intriguing world cuisine, and spending your days nuking frozen green giant vegetables and boiling chicken thighs

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

flakeloaf posted:

imagine being a credentialed professional who studied to learn to make intriguing world cuisine, and spending your days nuking frozen green giant vegetables and boiling chicken thighs

ew the thighs are too fatty i told you i only want white meat

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Well you can't have any friends or family anymore but you can still eat at the Swiss chalet. Whew. Bless you Pallister for being so level hea---*hospitals burst from the seams with the dead and sick*

Oh.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Oh I'm sorry I meant Dr Roussin because he's the one who delivered the bad news not Pallister so it's totally on him not Pallister. Right.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

You're still eating donuts? What are you, a loving pussy?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

A Russian troll farm posted:

You're still eating donuts? What are you, a loving pussy?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Time to start meeting friends at patios each order a pop and dump it after we're done hanging out. We'll all keep our p100s on the entire time ofc.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Well you can't have any friends or family anymore but you can still eat at the Swiss chalet. Whew. Bless you Pallister for being so level hea---*hospitals burst from the seams with the dead and sick*

Oh.

Yeah what the gently caress are they thinking? All private gatherings now banned, but I can go to a restaurant still?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
cant have my vaccinated parents or in-laws in my house to see their grandchildren but i can go binge some budweiser on a patio with them

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

gently caress off pallister you thin skinned old bitch

https://twitter.com/bkives/status/1386742228530434048?s=20

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Sort of like the ontario rule of "You may only leave your house for essential reasons. Also, non-essential retail is open." (not anymore, but at varying points in our pointless rainbow of zone restrictions that's been a rule).

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

enki42 posted:

Sort of like the ontario rule of "You may only leave your house for essential reasons. Also, non-essential retail is open." (not anymore, but at varying points in our pointless rainbow of zone restrictions that's been a rule).

oh no, it's still open too, just not for in-person shopping, but you can go stand at the door and ask for stuff

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

wish that frankenstein motherfucker had stayed lost in costa rica

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

You couldn't pay me to wear that watch. Way too much going on, ugly, and probably weighs a pound. You would have to deceive people to get them to buy it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Rutibex posted:

i'll have one cream filled bronut please

this is SA not grindr

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Bronut owns

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

Yeah what the gently caress are they thinking? All private gatherings now banned, but I can go to a restaurant still?

Welcome to BC from Nov 2020 to Mar 2021.

Restaurants and bars open but don't see your friends or family ever.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
BC isnt enforcing poo poo. the signs on the highway still say Avoid Unnecessary Travel, while everyone goes to work and does whatever. it's a joke.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

i can jam two dozen bronuts down my throat a day but i cant see my family, thanks pallister

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

DariusLikewise posted:

i can jam two dozen bronuts down my throat a day but i cant see my family, thanks pallister

Bronuts are your family now

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
the US has set such a horrendously low bar for what's considered acceptable during a pandemic to white people

Thoth!
Apr 28, 2014
brb incorporating my apartment as a bar so I can safely have friends over

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Went to pick up takeout from a Victoria restaurant and they had a "patio" set up in an enclosed plastic gazebo with 20 people all packed in.

Next to that, they had another six tables of people who were for all intents and purposes inside a walled building, but I guess because it was an extension with a corrugated aluminum roof it didn't count as "inside".

We're going to get hosed in a week.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

apatheticman posted:

Maria, there was a PEPPERCORN in my CHICKEN. YOU KNOW WHAT I SAY ABOUT SPICES MARIA.

probably thinks salt is too spicy.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Thoth! posted:

brb incorporating my apartment as a bar so I can safely have friends over

Basically what a Vancouver movie theatre did. They became a sports bar and aired the Canucks game on the big screen.

fisting by many posted:

Went to pick up takeout from a Victoria restaurant and they had a "patio" set up in an enclosed plastic gazebo with 20 people all packed in.

Next to that, they had another six tables of people who were for all intents and purposes inside a walled building, but I guess because it was an extension with a corrugated aluminum roof it didn't count as "inside".

We're going to get hosed in a week.

What counts as inside/outside? It seems like in BC you can have walls on all sides so long as they are not part of the permanent structure.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/perfidiousSH/status/1386750922995290116?s=20

Goosed it. has issued a correction as of 20:45 on Apr 26, 2021

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I need two hands to count the number of times someone's tried to follow us into an elevator, stared confused at me when I stood blocking the entrance, and then muttered "oh right the covid thing"

Thoth!
Apr 28, 2014

Goosed it. posted:

Basically what a Vancouver movie theatre did. They became a sports bar and aired the Canucks game on the big screen.

What counts as inside/outside? It seems like in BC you can have walls on all sides so long as they are not part of the permanent structure.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/perfidiousSH/status/1386750922995290116?s=20

lol. lol. cant wait for bold new regulations where a government appointed haruspex reads entrails every morning to see if it's safe to have gatherings today

e: 'the liver looks good, but unfortunately the ground hog's yet to see his shadow. 2 more weeks of lockdown'

Thoth! has issued a correction as of 20:55 on Apr 26, 2021

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Meanwhile, in Toronto.....

https://twitter.com/JohnLorinc/status/1386739086455607303

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

well yeah we already established the teenagers in raptors jerseys aren't vaccinated

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
my counselor is still doing in person appointments. I asked them if regulations had forced them onto zoom. they said no, because they're a business they're allowed to still operate.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
TPS are pigging up basketball courts so they have an excuse to shoot some black kids

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

If this thread understood the cultural importance of the hallowed institutions such as The Keg/Milestones/Boston Pizza/Swiss Chalet hold with Old Stock Canadians more than 50km from metro lines, then the restrictions mentioned upthread begin to make sense.

Would you close down synagogues or mosques? They hold equivalent importance.

Lol though at people literally dying to eat a BP Pierogi pizza

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

ARACHTION posted:

yes... also, we did

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

ARACHTION posted:

If this thread understood the cultural importance of the hallowed institutions such as The Keg/Milestones/Boston Pizza/Swiss Chalet hold with Old Stock Canadians more than 50km from metro lines, then the restrictions mentioned upthread begin to make sense.

I say we make the chain restaurants operate underground

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ARACHTION posted:

outlawing public displays of religious indoctrination is praxis so we should close 'em all forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What about the Holy Temple of Mandarin where lobsters roam freee