Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

drake no, being paranoid about aew absorbing and destroying impact
drake yes, being paranoid about aew absorbing and destroying gcw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

Wednesday for Hockey was only really an NBC thing they tried to do recently so who knows.

Plus when regular season NHL games are on Wednesdays they draw about a third of the ratings Dynamite does.

The playoffs are competitive, and of course the Stanley Cup is the Stanley Cup, but this would mean shifting for a few nights a year.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Something that’s mentioned in all this is the type of advertisers both respective products bring, which may factor into TNTs decision along with the ratings.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

Something that’s mentioned in all this is the type of advertisers both respective products bring, which may factor into TNTs decision along with the ratings.

There's probably some truth in this, but I also had the impression that AEW isn't quite the advertiser anathema that WWE is.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What did AEW even do for Impact other than get lots of people to pay for their show?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

There's probably some truth in this, but I also had the impression that AEW isn't quite the advertiser anathema that WWE is.

From what I've heard AEW actually gets legit respectable advertisers. They've got State Farm at least.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

From what I've heard AEW actually gets legit respectable advertisers. They've got State Farm at least.

Sprite and a couple fast food places, too

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sprite and a couple fast food places, too

The most impressive thing is all the network synergy stuff they're doing with Warner. Not only does stuff like the GvK match get them network money, but it builds that relationship more.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Was that Kevin Smith stuff early on some kind of cross-promotional deal? I haven't paid attention to anything Kevin Smith has done in several years.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
impressive how kevin smith has made so many movies i absolutely hate

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

flashy_mcflash posted:

Was that Kevin Smith stuff early on some kind of cross-promotional deal? I haven't paid attention to anything Kevin Smith has done in several years.

Yeah, that was to promote the most recent Jay & Silent Bob movie.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh. Definitely looks like it according to the schedule. At least TNT broadcasts games that day. So honestly I don't know where AEW would go if they were forced to move to a different timeslot.

For reference, NBA on TNT airs on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So I guess if they had to move it would be probably on Friday or Saturday. Would lean towards Saturday if anything though, since nothing important seems to air on TNT right now during those days. Unless you really like movies or NCIS marathons.

It's a shorter season but that'd clash with the bigger college football games on ESPN on Saturday nights

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

flashy_mcflash posted:

lol Aces and Eights but honestly I don't find current TNA any better than it was. Maybe this generation of TNA will be better with crowds but I find the overwhelming majority of the current version a chore to watch.

I watched the impact when kenny first showed up and the show was filled with boring promos, decent but short matches and stupid and confusing backstage segments. Commentary was also horrible and the total silence during matches was a bit off putting. I did not bother to watch another episode.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I posted in wrong thread, I'm dumb

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kevin smith is also super tight with jericho so he was likely trying to help his buddy out while promoting the movie.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

From the comments to a YouTube clip from Solomonster Sounds Off section about Daniel Bryan possibly leaving WWE

:bigwhat:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Bayley is already a face in my heart

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Who is that in the bottom left? It kind of looks like Eugene but I don’t think he’s still there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Who is that in the bottom left? It kind of looks like Eugene but I don’t think he’s still there.
No one tell him. He doesn't deserve the heartbreak.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

oh buddy.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It’s a newer guy they signed his gimmick is based on Balan wonderworld, a video game for Nintendo

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

CopywrightMMXI posted:

you may just be joking, but unlike the rest of these dorks, i will answer your question. behind a spoiler tag. it is samuel zayn

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Procrastinator posted:

you may just be joking, but unlike the rest of these dorks, i will answer your question. behind a spoiler tag. it is samuel zayn

No it isn’t.

I think it’s that nxt guy who got rich off of Bitcoin but I can’t remember his name.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CopywrightMMXI posted:

No it isn’t.

I think it’s that nxt guy who got rich off of Bitcoin but I can’t remember his name.

No, it's not Cameron Grimes

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Ok I just googled it and smackdown has gotten dumber in the past few months since I watched it I guess.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/SeanCarlucci/status/308629194466807809

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
From Reddit:

quote:

It's clear the money feud for the Raw women's titles is Charlotte- Fiend Alexa and I'm here for it. Going to be the best feud for the RWT in a long time.

No comments are actually needed other than :geno:.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
It'd actually be kinda funny if Charlotte had to sell for Alexa and get all her own stuff no-sold and then lose. Real taste of her own medicine potential there

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

mooseinfants posted:

It'd actually be kinda funny if Charlotte had to sell for Alexa and get all her own stuff no-sold and then lose. Real taste of her own medicine potential there

It would just be both of them no-selling for each other until the heat death of the universe because the match would never end.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mooseinfants posted:

Asuka having to sell for Alexa and have all of her offense countered was really funny so Alexa doing it to Charlotte could be even funnier. I'm really excited for the Fiendess push.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

DarkstarIV posted:

It would just be both of them no-selling for each other until the heat death of the universe because the match would never end.

Nah, Alexa has a pretty good concussion history and combine that with Charlotte's carelessness and you can see where it's heading.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, Charlotte would just dome Alexa, storyline be damned.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's funny when random WWE apologists have to apologize for not liking the show very much but it's much funnier when journalists tie themselves in knots not to criticize a company putting out such a bad product.

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1386871097795268610

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1386880790038974474

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It almost wraps around to being sad. It's a cry for help that the cult is after them for disengaging from the party line.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jon Alba was the one who praised Keith Mitchell for “just asking questions” about Brodie’s deathand then threw a fit about how toxic wrestling fans are when people told him to pound sand, right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Jon Alba was the one who praised Keith Mitchell for “just asking questions” about Brodie’s deathand then threw a fit about how toxic wrestling fans are when people told him to pound sand, right?

Yes and then he announced he was leaving twitter because of "mental health" and returned a few days later.

He deleted all of his posts but he said "Not so much covering up, but that it may have a correlation with COVID and that it’s worth being transparent."

So he accused them of covering it up while claiming he did not.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 27, 2021

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

AlmightyPants posted:

Nah, Alexa has a pretty good concussion history and combine that with Charlotte's carelessness and you can see where it's heading.

Kinda concerned what would happen without Becky there to hide Alexa under the ring to protect her.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

mooseinfants posted:

they mostly did this at a survivor series match a few years ago iirc? though I'm sure Charlotte won that one

CopywrightMMXI posted:

No it isn’t.

it's ok that you're doing a bit, but for clarity for anyone reading or lurking the thread, it is definitely sam zayn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

a cyborg mug posted:

From the comments to a YouTube clip from Solomonster Sounds Off section about Daniel Bryan possibly leaving WWE

:bigwhat:

Clearly a brit, pay no attention