Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just remembered that I never posted these, so I'll do it now I guess:

HM: Hangman Page vs Ricky Starks
MOTYC: Hikaru Shida vs Tay Conti
HM: Christian Cage vs Will Hobbs
MOTYC:Darby Allin vs Jungle Boy

All from AEW Dynamite 21.04

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: Ace Austin (c) vs. Josh Alexander vs. TJP for the Impact X-Division Championship - Impact Rebellion, 4/25
HM: Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. Tenille Dashwood for the Impact Knockouts Championship - Impact Rebellion, 4/25

Just putting in my 2 votes for these matches in particular.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Rich Swann, Impact Rebellion, 4/25

I loved this match!!

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Suzu Suzuki vs. Masashi Takeda - Ice Ribbon Spring is Short, So You Maidens Should Fight (4/26)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhNSjjKNv_U

Unfortunately the stream skipped the entrances, so you miss out on the commentary team dancing to Rokkinpo Goroshi.

This is the first match in Suzu's hardcore trial series where it feels like her opponent has treated the match as a serious match and not as a bit of a sideshow (which Suzu was very happy about to be treated as an equal by the world's best deathmatch wrestler), as such if you find the idea of watching an 18-year-old girl wrestle a grown man in a hardcore match uncomfortable then I'd recommend not watching.

This is loving gnarly. Suzu Suzuki is one of the best young wrestlers in the world and also she is loving insane. Takeda holds nothing back, it honestly feels more like a squash at times but despite not getting much offence in she keeps getting back up. All heart, also the near fall after she hit a German was so loving good.

The match is loving rad and has to been so that's a 2nd for this

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
These are from the New Japan Cup show on March 7.

HM: Gabriel Kidd vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
HM: Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Will Ospreay

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Probably won't get enough votes but:

WMOTYC: Asuka, Lana, Naomi vs Rhea, Nia, and Shayna, WWE RAW 4/26/21

A pointless interference spot by Mandy and Dana that did not impact the match in the slightest other than to piss everyone off. And then you had Rhea struggling to lift up Naomi and then Lana as the match started winding down. And she botched the Riptide on Lana (she barely got off the ground) to the point of where they had Nia tag in to hit the leg drop to finish the match.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Suzu Suzuki vs. Masashi Takeda - Ice Ribbon Spring is Short, So You Maidens Should Fight (4/26)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhNSjjKNv_U

Unfortunately the stream skipped the entrances, so you miss out on the commentary team dancing to Rokkinpo Goroshi.

This is the first match in Suzu's hardcore trial series where it feels like her opponent has treated the match as a serious match and not as a bit of a sideshow (which Suzu was very happy about to be treated as an equal by the world's best deathmatch wrestler), as such if you find the idea of watching an 18-year-old girl wrestle a grown man in a hardcore match uncomfortable then I'd recommend not watching.

Nth. I was transfixed at the paper in the mouth. Also, what was sticking out of that ball that they used as a weapon?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Probably won't get enough votes but:

WMOTYC: Asuka, Lana, Naomi vs Rhea, Nia, and Shayna, WWE RAW 4/26/21

A pointless interference spot by Mandy and Dana that did not impact the match in the slightest other than to piss everyone off. And then you had Rhea struggling to lift up Naomi and then Lana as the match started winding down. And she botched the Riptide on Lana (she barely got off the ground) to the point of where they had Nia tag in to hit the leg drop to finish the match.

And adnan virk on unbelievably awful commentary

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Yota Tsuji vs. Yuji Nagata, 3/9, New Japan Cup

Great mix of young lion full of fire and veteran who calmly finds his spots to get offense in.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Nth. I was transfixed at the paper in the mouth. Also, what was sticking out of that ball that they used as a weapon?

Plastic forks.

Also that wasn't paper. That was the cup he was wearing to protect from the nut shot. He pulled it out to brag after she kicked him in the nuts and then she stapled it to his tongue.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LionYeti posted:

And adnan virk on unbelievably awful commentary

He’s absolutely awful. I’ve had Raw on in the background for the last few weeks while working and he’s distractingly bad. Compare him to Mauro on the impact PPV on the weekend and it’s just night and day

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Las Fresas de Egoistas (Asuka & Makoto) vs. Yumiko Hotta & Rina Yamashita - SEAdLINNNG Special NIGHT (4/26)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u0bpvg_U1A

When Yumiko Hotta was in Actwres girl'Z she seemed very uninterested in participating in matches, often standing in the corner for tag matches and no-selling everything. Since arriving in SEAd as the manager to her protege, Riko Kawahata, she's brought a chaotic energy to the proceedings, particularly when Asuka is involved. This was her first official match of this run and it did not disappoint. This is probably the most I've laughed in a long time as these four went crazy and the poor replacement referee displayed all the authority of a substitute teacher in the rowdiest class in the school before finally throwing the match out as his attempts to restore order were laughed at and ignored. Special mention to Las Ego's third member Rico Kaiju who found the most unique ways to interfere with proceedings, such as throwing a giant ball into the ring.

MOTYC: Citrus Wind (Nanae Takahashi & Arisa Nakajima) (c) vs. Citrus Wind (Honori Hana & Riko Kawahata) for the Beyond the SEA Tag Team Championship - SEAdLINNNG Special Night (4/26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmi-jYnwcas

SEAdLINNNG's tag title scene is consistently producing some of my favourite matches. This one pitted Citrus Wind's rookies against their veteran team and was a breakout match for Honori Hana that unfortunately happened behind closed doors with easily her best performance in the ring (though seeing her dancing with former professional dancer Kawahata during their entrance certainly was not the best performance you'll ever see). The younger wrestlers did an excellent job of showing their desperation to take the fight to their mentors and the match kept a frantic pace as their cornered Nanae. Every time Arisa managed to get in to punish the younger wrestlers was both delighting and terrifying. Excellent match, and the next title defence set up at the end looks set to keep up the run of great tag title main events.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 27, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
24th April
Ice Ribbon Spring is Short, So You Maidens Should Fight
Ice X Infinity Title
Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Tsukushi Haruki

Thought this was real good even as the result was never really in doubt

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 6 April 24th
HM

Kento Miyahara vs Kohei Sato
- Lone bright spot from a pretty meh card, this is the most i've enjoyed a Sato match

2nd that. Beautiful example of the Shutdown German suplex in this one.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Judgement March 28th
MOTYC
Jun Akiyama (c) vs Kazusada Higuchi - KO-D Openweight Title
- Old Man Jun is an absolute force. Match starting off slow targeting Higuchi's hand before ramping up with stiff shots and bomb after bomb after bomb until one guy couldn't kick out anymore. Loved it

DDT have uploaded this to their Youtube! It doesn't need any votes but you should absolutely take this chance to watch a great match

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

HM: GWC Six Man Tag Team Title: ASUKA, Hagane Shinnou & Shinichiro Tominaga vs Chris Brookes, Drew Parker & Miyako Matsumoto. DDT Ganbare Pro Joshi Pro-Wrestling ~ Kocho Ranbu 2021 ~ 24/4/21

A chaotic fun six person tag match where everyone got their own form of shine. I wasn't familiar with Hagane Shinnou or Shinichiro Tominaga before this match but both lit up the ring. Chris Brookes was a wonderful bully to his opponents and one of his teammates, Drew was hard hitting and just a touch flamboyant, and Miyako was frankly magical. If you have a Wrestle Universe subscription already it's worth taking a peek at this one.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: A-Kid vs. Walter, NXT UK, January 14

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
25th April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 7
Shinjiro Otani vs Shotaro Ashino

How much Otani still rules has been the story of the entire CC.

HM
25th April
AJPW Junior Heavyweight Title
CIMA vs Hikaru Sato

MOTYC
25th April
Kento Miyahara vs Suwama

And that's the best match of the Carnival so far. Miyahara's nickname of Best of the Best is no empty brag: Watch it: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1iK411c71B

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 28, 2021

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HM: Joey Janela vs Matt Sydal, AEW Dark Elevation 4/26

Very fun little match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Citrus Wind (Nanae Takahashi & Arisa Nakajima) (c) vs. Citrus Wind (Honori Hana & Riko Kawahata) for the Beyond the SEA Tag Team Championship - SEAdLINNNG Special Night (4/26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmi-jYnwcas

Nth this, every time a match gets posted of Arisa Nakajima murdering women I'm guaranteed to love it. Also Nanae bit a lady which was unexpected in current year.

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
25th April
Kento Miyahara vs Suwama

And that's the best match of the Carnival so far. Miyahara's nickname of Best of the Best is no empty brag: Watch it: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1iK411c71B

This surprises me, I thought both guys had better matches with Zeus in the CC and this match was just kind of there for me, hovering around good. Kento/Ashino is my match of the tournament so far and blows this out of the water.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Toru Yano vs EVIL NJPW Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni 28.04

They somehow loving did it. They made the match containing all the bullshit in New Japan combined work.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cerebral Bore posted:

They somehow loving did it. They made the match containing all the bullshit in New Japan combined work.

Second. It was ridiculous and I had an absolute blast, and the post-match stuff with the "purification" was magnificent.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Roppongi 3k vs El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru NJPW Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni 28.04

An extremely competent match between two fantastic teams, but sadly lacked that special something to elevate it to MOTYC level.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Roppongi 3k vs El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru NJPW Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni 28.04

An extremely competent match between two fantastic teams, but sadly lacked that special something to elevate it to MOTYC level.

Yeah, nth

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth. I felt it was a well-worked match that just lacked the drama/heat to make it reach MOTYC level. Shoutout to Nobu who had some incredible babyface fire and worked his rear end off.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah I'll nth this. Extremely good and satisfying finish.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Penta El Cero Miedo - AEW Dynamite, 4/28/21

So much fun.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

MOTYC: Orange Cassidy vs. Penta El Cero Miedo - AEW Dynamite, 4/28/21

So much fun.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

So much fun.

Hell yeah 2nd

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

So much fun.

nth

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dango Bango posted:

So much fun.

+1

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 4/28

HM: Brian Cage vs. "Hangman" Adam Page
MOTYC: Penta El Cero Miedo vs. Orange Cassidy
HM: The Young Bucks vs. Matt & Mike Sydal
MOTYC: Preston "10" Vance vs. Darby Allin

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson vs. Matt Sydal & Mike Sydal
HM: Ten vs. Darby Allin

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dango Bango posted:

So much fun.

nth

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Dango Bango posted:

So much fun.

nth. it was so enjoyable.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MOTYC: Hangman Page vs Brian Cage
HM: Young Bucks vs Super Sydal Bros
MOTYC: Orange Cassidy vs Penta el Zero M
HM: Penelope Ford vs Kris Statlander
HM: Darby Allin vs #10

All from AEW Dynamite 28.04.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Hangman Page vs. Brian Cage, AEW Dynamite, 28/04
HM: The Young Bucks vs. The Sydals, AEW Dynamite, 28/04
HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Penta el Zero Miedo, AEW Dynamite, 28/04
HM: Kris Statlander vs. Penelope Ford, AEW Dynamite, 28/04

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

HM: Hangman Page vs. Brian Cage, AEW Dynamite, 28/04
HM: The Young Bucks vs. The Sydals, AEW Dynamite, 28/04
HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Penta el Zero Miedo, AEW Dynamite, 28/04
HM: Kris Statlander vs. Penelope Ford, AEW Dynamite, 28/04

Nth and add

HM: Darby Allin vs #10, AEW Dynamite, 28/04

Nothing on this card was lifechanging, but everything on this card was really really good.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH ~ The Glory ~ April 29th
MOTYC
Kazuyuki Fujita (c) vs Takashi Sugiura - GHC National Championship
- Two old men beat the absolute gently caress out of each other

HM
Full Throttle (YO-HEY, Seiki Yoshioka and Hajime Ohara) vs Momo no Seishun (Atsushi Kotoge and Daisuke Harada) and Yasutaka Yano
- Great way to start the show. High energy, good teamwork and development of the Junior title picture
Stinger (Yoshinari Ogawa and HAYATA) (c) vs NOSAWA Rongai and Ikuto Hidaka - GHC Junior Tag Team Championship
- Wasn't expecting much going in, and this exceeded all expectations
M's Alliance (Naomichi Marufuji, Masaaki Mochizuki and Masato Tanaka) vs Yoshiki Inamura, Kaito Miyomiya and Kinya Okada
- Holy poo poo, those old men brutalised that poor boy

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Keiji Mutoh (c) vs. Masa Kitamiya for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH The GLORY 2021 (4/29)

It turns out that keeping Mutoh on the mat for a whole match is a way of ensuring a great match out of him because he hasn't lost a stop when he doesn't have to use his knees. Absolutely lovely match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH ~ The Glory ~ April 29th
MOTYC
Kazuyuki Fujita (c) vs Takashi Sugiura - GHC National Championship
- Two old men beat the absolute gently caress out of each other

2nd