Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Alaois posted:

holy poo poo the last-second knees counter

yeah the timing on that was SLICK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wait where's the FTR match

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Sammy eating that chair in the corner was pretty iconic

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Cast Swole as Rogue in the X-Men reboot.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

smarxist posted:

i feel like i'm turning into a Ryzin mark because of his enormous amount of Matthew Lillard energy

welp you nailed it

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

MorningMoon posted:

im dying from this spicy topokki it's so good it's murdering my mouth joey save me

Buldak / Samyang do amazing hot chicken stuff. They have a hot carbonara ramen that will make you see visions of the next world.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Elevated Darkthoughts

High energy crowd today

1) Chuck Taylor vs Rey Fenix. Oh boy. Rey out with his brother. Hoping we get a Best Friends vs Lucha Bros match out of this at some point. Bit of miscommunication towards the start, but it turns into some nice mat stuff. Delicious strike exchange between the two of them. Oof, that flash dropkick from Rey just switched Chuck off. Ahaha, Chuck's counter to Rey's rope shenanigans was beautiful. And then we get the Alex / Orange / Penta spot which is great. This was a good match, but it felt a half step behind being a great one. I could happily see more of this bullshit.

2) Ryan Nemeth vs Ryzin. Gentlemen, we are at Full Honk. Drake, Avalon, Bononi and the Honk. Good bullying by Nemeth who is really feeling out the "lovely lowercard heel" role. Ryzin looking good and working face very effectively. I wouldn't be surprised if his BTE stuff hasn't raised his stock a bit with the company. Inevitable result, but this was quietly fun.

3) Dean Alexander vs Orange Cassidy. Justin Roberts really leaning into the "wearing.... WHATever!" tonight. Dean Alexander does a good job as frustrated stooge here. Not a long match, but we get the Orange comedy stuff we came for.

Wingmen sketch. JD looks pretty good in that shirt, honestly. Let's touch tips, boys.

4) The Acclaimed vs Liam Grey and Adrian Alanis. Okay rap, but as they're fighting scrubs it doesn't really land. New guys have a good but simple look. It's a squash match, and quite nicely done. What's notable is that Paul and Toney are finally finding their energy. Excalibur and Taz are the weirdest podcast you ever heard. Toney and Tall Paul are minor league baseball commentary. Ooh, very nice weird slam from Liam Grey. Alanis has some nice power and a decent big man style. You could build something on this frame. But not right now, as they have to lose and get their hands kissed by Max. He's locking eyes with me. I don't like it.

Alex and Five promo. This is pretty good. Five is such a good comedy stooge.

5) Nick Comoroto vs VSK. Is that VSK? Well, he's dropkicking a monster, so I guess so. Comoroto is such an amazing physical specimen. Some nice lionheart underdog stuff from VSK but he's just hitting a WALL here. God, that military press impaler is just gorgeous. I do really enjoy the presentation of the Factory. I hope they get to persist after the Nightmare Factory feud. Oddly for being the most physically imposing, Comoroto would be the easiest to turn face if you needed her to.

Leyla Hirsch package. It's a good package, and really pushes that she is built from the ground up. Her being on the boys and girls wrestling teams at high school makes a lot of sense. Love that they got footage from the Collective of her vs Lindsay Snow. That's a match I'd like to see in AEW. God, imagine a history where Leyla stayed in Japan working for Stardom during the pandemic. This is how you sell me on someone, Leyla is a loving badass.

6) Diamante and Amber Nova vs Leyla Hirsch and Ryo Mizunami. Glasses Crew represent. Fast and kinetic start. Good pairing to put Leyla against Amber, where you can get both Leyla's excellent grappling and some good height disparity. And Aniki and Diamante had some good fun hard hitting stuff. Amber Nova has some good raw material and some nice flashy moves, but needs some real toning up. Which luckily AEW is really good at. Ryo taunt spamming is my very favourite thing. Leyla egging on Ryo with the corner chops is fun too. Hahaha, assisted top tope senton from Leyla was awesome. And then Strong Short Girl makes Tall Abs Girl tap. Diamante attacks Leyla post-match, setting us up some potential singles stuff later. Leyla Hirsch vs Diamante. Yes loving please.

Ethan and Sky interviewed by Dasha. It's okay.

7) Tesha Price vs Kris Statlander. Tesha is getting some really good weirdo energy going. But speaking of weirdos, here's their queen. Kris Stat is in superb shape. Not much match in this match, to be honest. I like Kris's tombstone finisher but boy does she leave a lot of air on it.

8) Page and Sky vs Five and Reynolds. This is pretty good fun. Reynolds and Five aren't normal tag partners but they're familiar enough with each other that they work together really fluidly. Lovely strikes from Five. I'm still waiting on the thing that will make Page and Sky - a pair of excellent all rounders - stand out. I'm reminded again of the Minoru Suzuki comment about all rounders being boring because there's nothing to grab on to. This warms up into a really fun match. Bullying power against lionhearted skill. Reynolds is an excellent hot tag. I'm glad they didn't make this a more dominant match. Having Ego and Sky fight for the win looked good.

9) Nyla Rose and Madi Wrenkowski vs Big Swole and Red Velvet. Vicki hitting on Justin but then rejecting him was fun. I'm glad they made the "Nyla disrespects Madi" subtext text. Madi needs to be less amused by this though. Swole. Swole. Swole. Oh wow, Swole's hair looks GREAT. I loved it when it was long, but those really short braids are awesome. gently caress me, Red Velvet just launching herself at Nyla like a missile, then tagging in Swole was great. Swole's new presentation is very strong, she is in really excellent shape. This starts into a good match, until Nyla just murders the gently caress out of Madi and leaves. Kind of wanted more for this relaunch of Swole, but it was a good storytelling match.

OK, this tiny clip of Outside The Ring was hypnotic.

10) Matt Sydal vs Joey Janela. Coward Tony, spend the money to give Joey Protovision. We are nearing the bottom of the Paul Wight Bag of Aphorisms. Nice technical start with Sydal and Janela. I think people forget that Joey can actually wrestle. This is a really fun meat-and-potatoes back and forth match. That standing twisting moonsault from Matt Sydal is a thing of beauty and signifies that we're putting the damage on. Moves get wilder from here, and Joey has a nice run on dominance while he tries to keep Sydal grounded. They do a good job of not going to the high flying moves much and having Sydal build up some brawling and grappling. Holy poo poo, that midair Sydal counter was excellent. It took me a bit of time to get into this match, but it's actually really good fun. Oh, and a beautiful snappy knees up counter to the elbow drop, leading to a lightning spiral for the win. Really good match ultimately.

Solid episode. They're finding the shape for this show. Drop the pure squashes a bit, give more character development time, and I think they've got a winner.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

It's a cliché at this point but the fact that you can legitimately put any two member of Dark Order in the ring together and get real synergy as a team is just incredibly impressive. It just doesn't seem like it should be possible and yet. I loved Madi as tag team partner/hostage too.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rantmo posted:

It's a cliché at this point but the fact that you can legitimately put any two member of Dark Order in the ring together and get real synergy as a team is just incredibly impressive. It just doesn't seem like it should be possible and yet. I loved Madi as tag team partner/hostage too.

Dark Order would legitimately, if they were all on board, slot in perfectly to NJPW or DDT because of that quality they have.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I suddenly want to see the Dark Order in NJPW working as the foreign heel stable.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
not sure if cults would be kosher in japan

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

I suddenly want to see the Dark Order in NJPW working as the foreign heel stable.

I want Hunk Order to try to recruit Taichi away from Suzuki-Gun

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Kunabomber posted:

not sure if cults would be kosher in japan

call them brodie-gun

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dark Order in DDT against DAMNATION for a match between two stables with similar aesthetics but completely different outlooks.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Dark Order vs Sauna Club

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Dark Order versus NEO-Bishiki-gun. Silver entranced by a tall aristocrat, Grayson furious at a goblin maid.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm pretty sure at least 2 people in Dark Order are married.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Pylons posted:

I'm pretty sure at least 2 people in Dark Order are married.

I know 5 and 10 were a couple! :v:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
who the gently caress kept yelling "THAT'S A BAAAAD BOY" during the janela/sydal match on elevation because it was loving hilarious. i would've thought it was luther but it was from the face side i think

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

the perennial face side yeller is austin Gunn, but I cannot say that for sure

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm watching this now and omg furcoat Dean.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Let us elevate.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this weeks episode looks fun! Moxley! Abadon vs Aniki!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The missing FTR match from last week makes its appearance.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
elevate me daddy

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Wrestling!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the cream rises to the top

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Miro rules.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Opening with a funeral

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Murder!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I hope he spent all day getting his will ready.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't think Will will last Allday

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hikaru Shida.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Almost had em there, Allday

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

RIP Will Allday. Your name kinda sounded like will Ospreay and then Miro killed you.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Starting off with Abadon vs Ryo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Will allday really is neat

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Who’s gonna clean that up

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*rob zombie voice* mnyeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

"That doesnt do it for me", lol