Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I really want to see Dynamite go head-to-head with RAW. It won't happen but I can dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

man..the commentary feels so wordy. So much said in such a short amount of time. It's a bit jarring.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Now I am even more excited for the Alexa Bliss monster push.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

it has come to my attention that AJ and Omos, the raw tag team champions, have not been seen on the show since wrestlemania. do what you'd like to with this information.

Do they not even trust Omos to stand there while AJ cuts a promo or something?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Raw is loving dreadful and the only enjoyment I get is THE LORE OF THE FIEND/ALEXA and MACE and T-BAR

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I can't believe they continue find ways to make the Alexa stuff worse.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I don't even like Nia Jax, and I cannot imagine I will ever particularly like Nia Jax, but giving her weeks upon weeks of "haha she fell down look at how stupid she is" as a gimmick, on the basis of someone completely unrelated having slipped once, is remarkably disrespectful to Nia Jax.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i wish nia jax would fall down on me

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Like the only good part of WWE right now is NXT and that's simply because their women's division is incredibly strong, even if the top two champs right now for the men and women are weak as gently caress.

The women's division is still garbage. 59 women employed across the 4 brands, and we're still in a situation where there is a lack of challengers for each of the 6 titles for the 8 champions.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
why do all the women have raccoon eye makeup now

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

CarlCX posted:

I don't even like Nia Jax, and I cannot imagine I will ever particularly like Nia Jax, but giving her weeks upon weeks of "haha she fell down look at how stupid she is" as a gimmick, on the basis of someone completely unrelated having slipped once, is remarkably disrespectful to Nia Jax.

It's still a set up from her screaming about her hole.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i cant even click on clips of the alexa stuff anymore i just viscerally hate all of it and like, even morbid curiosity isnt enough to make me want to look anymore lol. i was never an alexa bliss fan but goddamn she deserves better than this

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
If you can calibrate your moral core but how much you want bad people to suffer, there’s a lot to like on WWE raw.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Everyone is rightfully focusing on all of the other incomprehensible awful poo poo in that recap, but lol that Orton's followup to all of that Fiend bullshit is asking Riddle to tag with him. There's no character motivation or story beats that make sense anywhere on this godforsaken show.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Asuka already back to being just one of the ordinary losers, I see

Thanks for carrying everything during covid, now get back into the endless Nia Jax feud where you belong

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Orton/Riddle vs Shelton/Cedric was better than it had any right to be. Alexa’s uhhh…instructions were hilariously absurd. Braun vs Drew was okay I guess.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I feel real bad for Cedric and Shelton.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pylons posted:

I feel real bad for most of the roster

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

i had a hard time even getting through those results, I can't imagine watching the whole show

raw has been 'bad' for a long long time now, but it was still something you could half-watch with like a family member or friend while snacking and playing with your phone, but now it's like actively repellent

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Starting to believe that WWE writers just shoot out absurd headlines or titles and then write a story around them like the onion

RKBro jfc

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
They should do a new storyline with Orton where he starts hallucinating Ed Harris, Paul Bettany and a little girl and becomes a math genius.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Maybe when Orton does the pose now CGI doves can come flying out

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seams posted:

Maybe when Orton does the pose now CGI snakes can come flying out

:hmmyes:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
WWE writers in a nutshell

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Someone is hiring them because they write well, and someone is making them rewrite things two minutes before showtime. Billion dollar company doing desperate telephone improv

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Raskolnikov38 posted:

why do all the women have raccoon eye makeup now

Hunt down the backstage videos of Bayley talking about debuting on the main roster and been put in absurd makeup.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Everyone is rightfully focusing on all of the other incomprehensible awful poo poo in that recap, but lol that Orton's followup to all of that Fiend bullshit is asking Riddle to tag with him. There's no character motivation or story beats that make sense anywhere on this godforsaken show.

Maybe they're taking the meta plot where feuding with he fiend turned you heel, except now that he's a face feuding with him turns you face.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
There so much bad in those clips but the thing that really got to me was the people in the video screens doing the thumbs down. It just looked so fake and made me think about the person who is telling them all to react. I don't think that person knows how humans actually interact with others.

Also, aren't jumpscares supposed to be shocking and surprising? It doesn't really work when the scare is done by a poorly designed Muppet.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne posted:

I say this a lot but it really can't be overstated how painfully uncool this company is

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Enjoy some reddit clips of RAW!

https://streamable.com/psft8a

Alexa Bliss needs someone to sternly, and disappointedly tell her she looks like a badger. Does she really think she can meet the Russian delegation looking like that?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
At this point I would almost describe RAW as some kind of Dadaistic performance art installation, but I feel like that would be ascribing a level of intent to this goddamn dreck that it quite frankly doesn't deserve.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The way in which WWE is bad is industrially interesting, at least. It's a good example of what happens to entertainment in capitalism at the point where the reward for a creative venture is largely or utterly divorced from what people thought of that creative venture. Vince McMahon, a man who has lost most of his creative skills but retained all of his creative twitchiness, is constantly rewriting a show to less and less response when it would receive about the same rating and he would get about the same amount of money no matter what he did.

A podcast I listen to once described the endstage of Hollywood as being one movie that takes a week to watch and features all the characters owned by the studio. The endstage of WWE is three hours of constant robotic noise where none of the matches start or finish, it's just things happening as the bright lights flash on and off.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Now I imagine Vince or Hunter saying "Now I will make a Dadaistic show!" and somehow loving that up.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Not gonna lie, it would kinda own if RAW secretly is some kind of test to the audience of whether they will actually watch the absolute worst show imaginable.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

"We're leaving." - millions of former viewers.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
good loving god this show is CORNY. I've-fallen-and-I-can't-get-ups? Literal tomato throwing?

Who is writing these gags? Fozzie from the muppets?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I wasn't around for any of it, but this poo poo has gotta at least approach peak TNA, right?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

I wasn't around for any of it, but this poo poo has gotta at least approach peak TNA, right?

Legit much worse. At least the bad stuff happened quickly in TNA. This is the same bad stuff happening for months at a time with no change

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
what’s the guy who shitcanned wcw up to these days? hopefully a NBC executive job

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

A podcast I listen to once described the endstage of Hollywood as being one movie that takes a week to watch and features all the characters owned by the studio.

So the MCU?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you idiots you need rotten tomatoes or else they dont splat

https://i.imgur.com/t6ohmMs.gifv

Lamuella posted:

A podcast I listen to once described the endstage of Hollywood as being one movie that takes a week to watch and features all the characters owned by the studio. The endstage of WWE is three hours of constant robotic noise where none of the matches start or finish, it's just things happening as the bright lights flash on and off.

Look I'm just saying Mortal Kombat vs DC woulda worked better as a movie and Freddie + Jason + Leatherface + Alien + Predator + Robocop + Terminator + The Looney Tunes can only make it better. Get on it warner