Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

mcmagic posted:

Bauer is annoying but he's right lol Tatis did peek.

And? If it was such an issue you could pretty easily juke a hitter by setting up out of place and moving after or just changing your signs. Bauer is just the kind of guy who insists he couldn't possibly have done poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
it might be a hot take but this is perhaps the least noxious thing Bauer has done lately, it’s pretty clear to me he’s just having fun talking trash

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its Bauer going "I didn't have a problem with that, I'm fun and cool" and then immediately showing how completely unbothered he is.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm melting down about the Darvish trade again.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Anyone remember " joc pederson"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Tatis rules, and one day he'll hopefully settle down and stop booting balls

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

This pleases Jobu

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

Lol half of the Twins starting lineup are batting under .200

Alex Colome is loving awful

the price we paid for Buxton ascending

also lmfao at this

https://twitter.com/DanHayesMLB/status/1386830201007583233

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 27, 2021

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dodgers offense still looks dead and the bullpen is a rollercoaster. At least it’s only April.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1387060785147375616

This is how close I am to being officially done with Baseball.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Shrecknet posted:

Year ends in odd number, dont get your hopes up

I’m an essential worker, I have no hope, but this month of baseball has been mostly nice to me so far and I’ll enjoy it for as long as it goes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Imagine being the dodgers and having the same record as the official NL retirement community

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

This owns. MLB needs an ABA equivalent to do fun poo poo like this and see how it goes.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Who cares if he peeked.

It's TYOOL 2021, there should be a better way for catchers to communicate than holding fingers in front of their junk

Just let pitchers call their own game

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

mcmagic posted:

Makes more sense than the stupid runner on second. The only thing they should change is it should be 5 different hitters like PKs in soccer. Of all the bad changes kicked around and/or implemented in the Manfred era, doing away with the random 16-inning regular season game is the one I find least offensive.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Imagine being the dodgers and having the same record as the official NL retirement community

Phillies are only .500?

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
I think pitchers totally on their own with their repertoire might lead to more panicky behavior, maybe?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mcmagic posted:

if you hate cool changes let me get you closer because all three of these own imo

https://twitter.com/jjcoop36/status/1387057212724416522?s=21

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
These changes are all stupid gimmicks that don't even come close to getting at the things that suck about baseball. Just a waste of everyone's time.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I like that the schedule isn't so frontloaded with division games this year, but it's a little lame that we don't play the Dodgers until the end of May.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Phillies are only .500?

Trade you Bryce Harper for either Brandon

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Spoeank posted:

I don’t know if I would go that far. Zaidi does seem to be legitimately good at picking guys with upside. Plus it seems Buster taking a year off might just end being one of the best decisions he makes for himself. Of course it could all burn down at any moment and god knows the bullpen is already sort of on fire, but it’s nice to watch exciting baseball in the meantime.

Ambassador of Funk fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 27, 2021

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
the royals have the best record in baseball and just had their first 4 game road sweep in a generation, they're probably the best team in the world

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

It's TYOOL 2021, there should be a better way for catchers to communicate than holding fingers in front of their junk

Just let pitchers call their own game

Pitchers are panicky morons so yeah, I'm all for this.

I'm just shocked that there's not just a radio or something. Like, really. This isn't rocket surgery. The NFL lets the head coach blather on to the QB at basically any time; why not let the manager ream out a lovely player right in his ear?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Spoeank posted:

bawfuls sure whines a lot about a team that's 15-8.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Earl Weaver all peeing while yelling to the wall about how much Jim Palmer irks him while Palmer's got a no-hitter going.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Lou Pinella laughing in the whole team's ear at how they looked when he stole third.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Jayson Werth muttering DC Strangler and watching the guilty party search for who said it while the whole team tries not to laugh and give themselves away.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kirios posted:

bawfuls sure whines a lot about a team that's 15-8.
I’ve made... two? posts in the last week about the anemic offense and the team is 2-5 in that span but go off I guess

edit: actually 2-6 in their last 8

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 27, 2021

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
the day they start deciding games with home run derbys is the day i buy season tickets

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Independent leagues have always done weird gimmicks, a HRD to decide a tie game is perfectly fine it's never going to be implemented in the Major Leagues.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ambassador of Funk posted:

I don’t know if I would go that far. Zaidi does seem to be legitimately good at picking guys with upside. Plus it seems Buster taking a year off might just end being one of the best decisions he makes for himself. Of course it could all burn down at any moment and god knows the bullpen is already sort of on fire, but it’s nice to watch exciting baseball in the meantime.

I don't trust anything that's happening for one second but I sure am happy in the mean time. I was referring more to both teams being 15-8 at the moment

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Spoeank posted:

I don't trust anything that's happening for one second but I sure am happy in the mean time. I was referring more to both teams being 15-8 at the moment

Oh I know what the main point was. I was just trying to say that the team as designed is to actually to be somewhat competitive and not just where the old names are. The bottom will probably fall out sometime soon, it’s not hard to see how either. If the offense still has issuing showing, or the pitching stops being absolutely nutso good, or the bullpen continues to be the hot mess it is this team could fall apart just like it has for the last 6 1/2 years.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Who cares if he peeked.

Guys like Bill Plaschke

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillPlaschke/status/1386737491005214721

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Jomboy did a video breakdown and although I think it's pretty obvious Tatis was trying to peek he actually didn't see the sign because he looked down too late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbpmh-5JHn8

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

posting Plaschke should be a 6er

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
squish harder into your nuts or grow Varitek thighs if you don't want peekaboos

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
hitters should always be looking for signs, and catchers should always flip them off when they do

or alternatively ask them if how their crotch is looking, either is fine

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

bawfuls posted:

posting Plaschke should be a 6er

Fair but only if plaschke.gif is used as the reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Poque posted:

squish harder into your nuts or grow Varitek thighs if you don't want peekaboos

Phrases I wasn't expecting to Google today....