Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Way ahead of you.

EDIT: Terrible snipe, have some dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

we should all go in on a plot of land on the big island of Hawaii

It’ll be like vacation 24/7

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

It turns out the batteries were in the ocean the whole time.

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1387006108410150921?s=20

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
It's a perfectly natural and legal thrill

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nice try Elon

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

That Works posted:

Lemme guess they found another Submarine they want to salvage covertly.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

That Works posted:

The CIA already collected them all.

CommieGIR posted:

Lemme guess they found another Submarine they want to salvage covertly.

Ah goddamn it, beaten. checks note New Subnautica looking good.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

That Works posted:

Indonesian sub does down, and all of a sudden we're getting articles about manganese nodules?

Someone just read the Wikipedia article for the Glomar Explorer

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

KirbyKhan posted:

He traveled as far as the opposite side of the park.

One of my favorite details was him taking the cheapest possible push cart and the wheel broke immediately. Felt like an Oregon Trail spite run giving them one oxen, no clothes, and 1lbs of food.

I think he was also planning to cross New Mexico/Arizona in peak summer? I remember concern from experienced hikers that he would die, but he wasn't remotely close to that being a real issue.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

we should all go in on a plot of land on the big island of Hawaii

It’ll be like vacation 24/7

I say we all take LSD and trip in the Parisian catacombs.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Joe Rogan is the guy that tries to tell all sides while bringing on one guest from one side and one from another, ignoring that there's 10,000 on one side and 2 on the other then pretends they're the same.

https://twitter.com/AlexPattyy/status/1387077145156063234?s=20

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

That Works posted:

Joe Rogan is the guy that tries to tell all sides while bringing on one guest from one side and one from another, ignoring that there's 10,000 on one side and 2 on the other then pretends they're the same.

https://twitter.com/AlexPattyy/status/1387077145156063234?s=20

Joe Rogan is that Uncle you know is likely racist who is always JUST ASKING QUESTIONS. Between poo poo like this, his sketchy opinons on Trans people, and his openly associating with Alex Jones/Infowars is all the more reason you should run far, far away from Joe Rogan.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The people I work with are constantly talking about Joe Rogan, cryptocurrencies, and Tesla. I just walk away when they start on any of those subjects.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Hyrax Attack! posted:

One of my favorite details was him taking the cheapest possible push cart and the wheel broke immediately. Felt like an Oregon Trail spite run giving them one oxen, no clothes, and 1lbs of food.

I think he was also planning to cross New Mexico/Arizona in peak summer? I remember concern from experienced hikers that he would die, but he wasn't remotely close to that being a real issue.

He was carrying an absolutely ludicrous amount of pointless gear. It looked like he cleaned out an REI, but only of the plastic gadgets on clearance.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That Works posted:

Only 200M? We’ll dredge the ocean and blow through that in 10 years

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The “cart” was a cheap jogging stroller. Not even a hiking one.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

CommieGIR posted:

Joe Rogan is that Uncle you know is likely racist who is always JUST ASKING QUESTIONS. Between poo poo like this, his sketchy opinons on Trans people, and his openly associating with Alex Jones/Infowars is all the more reason you should run far, far away from Joe Rogan.

Nah, I gotta push back on this Rogan is dumb and as dried out from weed and concussions you can get, but I do not believe he is a racist.

Also, his sketch opinion on trans people was that MtF trans shouldn't be allowed in Women's MMA. I agree with that sketchy, professional sports, and fighting focused opinion.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

boop the snoot posted:

He had raisins

shame on an IGA posted:

and peanuts, how dare you insult good ol peanuts by omission

even without the suicide walk plan, publicly stating "I'm eating gorp by the handful" should be grounds for an evaluation

Not even! Dude decided "well, I'm not hungry so I don't need to eat."

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

KirbyKhan posted:

Also, his sketch opinion on trans people was that MtF trans shouldn't be allowed in Women's MMA. I agree with that sketchy, professional sports, and fighting focused opinion.

That isn’t even close to the limit of his vile bullshit trans takes.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Joe Rogan hosts some interesting folks I like to hear (Dan Carlin), but, yeah, he's full-on chud these days. Cannot even stand him anymore.

Not that he wasn't before, hosting the UFC fights and such. But, he's really dialed it up. Kind of like JP Sears, who went hog-wild and knee deep into the bullshit he was making fun of, to appease his libertarian/conservative fanbase. If you wanted more a reason to hate Rogan, he spent about 10 minutes making jokes about the abuse Corey Feldman went through, then gave a half-assed apology about it, saying it was a comedian slip, when he spent 10 minutes on it.

JP Sears is probably laughing all the way to the bank though. Not sure he really believes any of the drivel he spouts.

fknlo posted:

The people I work with are constantly talking about Joe Rogan, cryptocurrencies, and Tesla. I just walk away when they start on any of those subjects.

they're all bingo cards, really. You can predict just about every characteristic & interest of theirs.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 27, 2021

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Only listen to him if it's an mma episode preferably like the Francis Ngannou one where he barely talks. I think he generally means well but he is dumb as a sack of bricks.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

There was an episode where he had James Hetfield from Metallica on and expected it to be nothing but Het talking about partying and poo poo. Rogan had no idea how to even begin processing the concept of James Hetfield being best friends with sobriety.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

Platystemon posted:

Mohammad is free and home now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fddCfXvrw-0

A member of the transport federation took his place. Hopefully they have the leverage to get that guy out soon.

Goddamn loving YES!

No-one deserves to be trapped like that and I have nothing but respect and admiration for the dude who volunteered to take his place while the legal battle rages on.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My favorite was when he would have on experts, then tell them they are wrong. Even after being politely corrected, he comes back with the double down.

I've never like Joe Rogan, but have been interested enough in a few guests to listen. I think the only one I could make it all the way through was Henry Rollins, and that was mind blowing for Joe.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

the Tom Delonge one is interesting, but probably not for the right reasons. At one point, they're whispering on the mic talking trash about him. Pretty tacky, but Tom is a goober, too

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

sorry i get my weekly brainworms from chapo, antifada, lions led by donkeys, what a hell of a way to die, trash future, well there is your problem and that one sea podcast i forgot the name about.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

fknlo posted:

I got a friend like that. At least he hates trump I guess? And doesn't seem keen on crypto. Weird poo poo

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

ElMaligno posted:

sorry i get my weekly brainworms from chapo, antifada, lions led by donkeys, what a hell of a way to die, trash future, well there is your problem and that one sea podcast i forgot the name about.

It came from the Sea?

It’s good but the cohost giggles a lot.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Impossible meat is pretty good, just expensive as hell

Beyond burgers are better, IMO.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Rogan lost me when he had the Rza on, and let Darnell talk over him the whole time. Like drat dude, learn to moderate a conversation.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1386837979453399049?s=20

cool

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Earlier, on the Tucker Carlson show…

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1317259993633247232

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bulletsponge13 posted:

My favorite was when he would have on experts, then tell them they are wrong. Even after being politely corrected, he comes back with the double down.

I've never like Joe Rogan, but have been interested enough in a few guests to listen. I think the only one I could make it all the way through was Henry Rollins, and that was mind blowing for Joe.

Henry Rollins is great. The episode of Hot Ones with him is awesome too. He seems like the kinda guy you could just hang out with, listen to some old records and shoot the poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bulletsponge13 posted:

If he pulled some of the poo poo he did with others I could see Hank taking some umbrage with that and letting him know and Rollins is meaty enough to kick his rear end too probably lol

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

I got a friend like that. At least he hates trump I guess? And doesn't seem keen on crypto. Weird poo poo

None of them are Trumpers at all.

My favorite part about the brigade that own a Tesla is when they start talking about not having to go to gas stations any more and make it sound like some ridiculous chore. It's 5 minutes you stupid cultist poo poo. They legitimately make so many ridiculous claims about ICE cars.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

fknlo posted:

None of them are Trumpers at all.

My favorite part about the brigade that own a Tesla is when they start talking about not having to go to gas stations any more and make it sound like some ridiculous chore. It's 5 minutes you stupid cultist poo poo. They legitimately make so many ridiculous claims about ICE cars.

they very much were up until a year or two ago imo

now they're mostly progressive-ish, that also really like guns

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Rogan has a lot of vile opinions but tbh his opinions are still less vile than almost everyone they let on CNN or Fox. I don't think he's in favor of starving Yemeni children or letting the poor die of preventable illness (except apparently covid now)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I genuinely believe Rogan has done enough weird research psychotropics that part of his consciousness no longer resides on our plane of reality. The man would probably read through the classic phenazepam threads and go "ha ha yeah man I've been there" at all the stories.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

Henry Rollins is great. The episode of Hot Ones with him is awesome too. He seems like the kinda guy you could just hang out with, listen to some old records and shoot the poo poo.

Henry Rollins has a story about when he was competing with Iggy Pop, and how he went insane on making his band practice and he was pumping iron to condition himself, and he just crushes his part of the show. Comes off stage and is being very proud of all the effort he put in to beat iggy, even though he loves him and he's his idol.

And Iggy goes out there at like 65 years of age, goes absolute batshit. Bounces off a metal pole at some point, bleeding everywhere, and puts Rollins to shame. Iggy walks off stage, look at Rollins and just says "rear end in a top hat" or something and walks past Rollins.

Unfortunately the video of rollins telling this story is taken down on youtube and I can't find it anywhere else.

I was howling laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'll listen to Rollins talk about just about anything. His spoken word albums can be credited with starting to get me on the road away from the Right Wing. He also put to words the description of how I like to be.

"I'm unflinchingly polite and capably violent."

E- his recounting of 'Punk Rock Hyenas' on Comedy Central is fantastic. He's told the story a bunch of times, but that's one of his better retellings.

bulletsponge13 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 27, 2021