Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

FrozenVent posted:

It came from the Sea?

It’s good but the cohost giggles a lot.

what a milquetoast excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

ElMaligno posted:

sorry i get my weekly brainworms from chapo, antifada, lions led by donkeys, what a hell of a way to die, trash future, well there is your problem and that one sea podcast i forgot the name about.

My man, you need to add the Trillbillys to that list.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

A Bad Poster posted:

My man, you need to add the Trillbillys to that list.

yes more fuel to the bimbofication of elmaligno

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Speaking of brainworms, it seems like MMA gives you contact brainworming about COVID. Seems like half of the drat sport figured they're such physical specimens that they'll simply outlast and survive COVID - then a fighter goes down for months after catching it.

You'd think that Rogan being close to those people would snap him out of it, but gotta be that alpha male bro to punch out COVID instead of those pansy-rear end needles.

Dude had loving Osterholm on the show near the start of COVID, so Rogan's chuddening is basically inexcusable.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I've enjoyed trueanon more than Chapo this past year. Hit and miss but the hits are great. I feel like Chapo basically blew up the band during and after the Bernie campaign. Still some good stuff tho

E: on MMA, it's weird how consistently the fighters are to the right of the fans, and by a lot. I legit think cte causes chudiness

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

what's the venn diagram of people who really like MMA, and wearing masks

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'll listen to Rollins talk about just about anything. His spoken word albums can be credited with starting to get me on the road away from the Right Wing. He also put to words the description of how I like to be.

"I'm unflinchingly polite and capably violent."

E- his recounting of 'Punk Rock Hyenas' on Comedy Central is fantastic. He's told the story a bunch of times, but that's one of his better retellings.

Oh word Rollins had the same effect on me. I was halfway through college in a very backwater Southern University that was full of what would be Chuds today and/or baptists and I was rabidly anti-gay etc due to being brought up in an evangelical household.

Listening to Rollins talk about and be open to bisexuality in the club scenes they were playing in etc was probably one of the 1st things that made me start becoming more tolerant.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Best Friends posted:

E: on MMA, it's weird how consistently the fighters are to the right of the fans, and by a lot. I legit think cte causes chudiness

Is the cage made out of lead or something? It really is an odd phenomenon.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Its a sure bet if they are hard into MMA they likely are aligned with some Alt-Right/Chud crap. MMA just attracts toxic male masculinity like moths to a bulb.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is the cage made out of lead or something? It really is an odd phenomenon.

CommieGIR posted:

MMA just attracts toxic male masculinity like moths to a bulb.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/AbbasMomin/status/1271740367491063810

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

See, its this: "Masks are for bitches"

Got it Joe, thanks for disproving the germ theory of disease you god damned moron. Make sure to inform your surgeon and nurses not to mask up next time they treat you, as he smokes a cigar which is a leading cause of gum, lip, and lung cancer. Joe Rogan is loving trash.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

drat that was beautiful

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I love it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Best Friends posted:

I've enjoyed trueanon more than Chapo this past year. Hit and miss but the hits are great. I feel like Chapo basically blew up the band during and after the Bernie campaign. Still some good stuff tho

I've fallen off Chapo and went on to Bad Faith.

Kazinsal posted:

I genuinely believe Rogan has done enough weird research psychotropics that part of his consciousness no longer resides on our plane of reality. The man would probably read through the classic phenazepam threads and go "ha ha yeah man I've been there" at all the stories.

Yeah, I understand that when your 4th eye opens, it kinda closes the 1st eye, so reality seems kinda instinctual. But I only understand that because I have done about 1/100th of the amount of psychotropics and dojo meditations as Rogan.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

The funniest thing with Burr is a lot of his fanbase doesn't realize he's making fun of them whenever he starts talking about loving stupid toxic masculinity is (without using those specific words), so you get a lot of MRA/Chud-adjacent idiots lapping it up without realizing they're the punchline.

It's great.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

That's the first time I've liked Bill Burr being Bill Burr

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Kazinsal posted:

I genuinely believe Rogan has done enough weird research psychotropics that part of his consciousness no longer resides on our plane of reality. The man would probably read through the classic phenazepam threads and go "ha ha yeah man I've been there" at all the stories.

https://twitter.com/Watch_me_swag/status/1386214709502693376

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/27/22406315/joe-rogan-vaccine-spotify-podcast-covid-19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 27, 2021

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

KirbyKhan posted:

Also, his sketch opinion on trans people was that MtF trans shouldn't be allowed in Women's MMA. I agree with that sketchy, professional sports, and fighting focused opinion.

If they are full trans there's no issues, its still a stupid thing:

https://www.adamconover.net/adding-evidence-to-the-discussion-of-trans-issues-on-joe-rogans-podcast/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Best Friends posted:

I assume the C is the important part of that because man I have taken some absolute wallops to the head and while I know it's impacted my mood and behavior but I'll pass on that nazi horseshit thank you very much, that excuse does not hold otherwise.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

sorry i get my weekly brainworms from chapo, antifada, lions led by donkeys, what a hell of a way to die, trash future, well there is your problem and that one sea podcast i forgot the name about.

No TrueAnon? You are like little baby with unbroken brain.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They’re doing the same FUD with trans men now, too.

https://twitter.com/badinfinity2/status/1386331472987136003

It was never about ethics in athletics.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

I assume the C is the important part of that because man I have taken some absolute wallops to the head and while I know it's impacted my mood and behavior but I'll pass on that nazi horseshit thank you very much, that excuse does not hold otherwise.

You're completely right. It's a fighter specific thing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

If you had told me a decade ago Bill Burr would be the voice of reason while Louis CK the pariah among big name ginger comedians I'd have thought you completely off your rocker

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FrozenVent posted:

The CIA already collected them all.

Ah goddamn it, beaten. checks note New Subnautica looking good.

The new Subnautica, Below Zero, really is good. Official release is in like two weeks but it's basically done now and is good enough for me to enjoy. Not sure how much I enjoy going from Half Life style silent protagonist storytelling to voice acting for the main character but it hasn't been a major turn off so far.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Not like anybody should be taking vaccine advice from a man who believes masks are for bitches and the moon landing was faked.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

That Works posted:

It turns out the batteries were in the ocean the whole time.

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1387006108410150921?s=20

If you crack them open, there's a secret alien invader inside!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Tired: MMA
Wired: Luchadores

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Handsome Ralph posted:

The funniest thing with Burr is a lot of his fanbase doesn't realize he's making fun of them whenever he starts talking about loving stupid toxic masculinity is (without using those specific words), so you get a lot of MRA/Chud-adjacent idiots lapping it up without realizing they're the punchline.

It's great.

A lot of chuds like carlin too :shrug:

I suspect they mistake his misanthropy for bigotry, hell if I know

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CommieGIR posted:

Not like anybody should be taking vaccine advice from a man who believes masks are for bitches and the moon landing was faked.

And caught the coronavirus while hanging out with Musk.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Rollins-chat

I got to see him live in the before time talking about pictures he's taken during his travels. He sold out an entire concert venue.

That man could read out the ingredients on a box of kraft dinner and make it entertaining.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Oh man, I never thought it'd be me walking the line of :biotruths: but LEEETS GOOOO

Sure in the average human a lady can beat a dude and a translady can beat a transdude in a fight and every combination can fite. Ezpz so many examples.

When you are comparing humans at their peak performance trained as a killing machines 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, chasing chickens and eating them whole, in the service of competing a heavily regimented sport combat ~then~ there are stark differences between the capabilities of a dude, a lady, a transdude, and a translady. Depending on the pathway chosen to transition, there's many disqualifying drugs and procedures that have a performance altering affect on the human. For it to be equitable for the competitors the individual trans would have to transition like buckwild early like childhood, which like cool if they exist, and cool if they fall into mma, but the specific mma example of Fallon Fox really bothered me. The other competitors were not informed of Fallon's transition until after Fallon broke a fighter's skull. Sure the board knew, but gently caress the board they only in it for money.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh man, I never thought it'd be me walking the line of :biotruths: but LEEETS GOOOO

Sure in the average human a lady can beat a dude and a translady can beat a transdude in a fight and every combination can fite. Ezpz so many examples.

When you are comparing humans at their peak performance trained as a killing machines 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, chasing chickens and eating them whole, in the service of competing a heavily regimented sport combat ~then~ there are stark differences between the capabilities of a dude, a lady, a transdude, and a translady. Depending on the pathway chosen to transition, there's many disqualifying drugs and procedures that have a performance altering affect on the human. For it to be equitable for the competitors the individual trans would have to transition like buckwild early like childhood, which like cool if they exist, and cool if they fall into mma, but the specific mma example of Fallon Fox really bothered me. The other competitors were not informed of Fallon's transition until after Fallon broke a fighter's skull. Sure the board knew, but gently caress the board they only in it for money.

Dude, you should've just stopped when you realized you were posting a :biotruths: and questioned why you felt the need to defend it.

gently caress biotruths and gently caress gender roles in sports of any sort. Fallon's actions DO NOT justify your supposed claim about "Well, Biotruths." No, the call out should've been that it was excessive force, not anything to do with her transition. Its none of the other competitors business about her transition. If the testosterone is not there and she is cleared by lab results, she's a woman and she can fight other women.

The reality is more MMA is just excessively violent and maybe we need to question that rather than gender roles in the blood-sports.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 27, 2021

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

This was a very interesting article. I admit this is a subject I don't know much about and have been trying to learn and understand it more. I still don't know how I feel about children being given that much input on themselves, a part of me wants to say it is not something they understand. But it is definitely something I don't understand as well. The article paints a pretty safe picture of transition and I would love to believe that is the case but here in the U.S. but with our health care system, it worries me.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Sports whatever. This is contact fighting bloodsport. There is risk of injury and death. Someone can choose to take on that risk when they set up the fight, but every women on Fox's fight record were not informed they were fighting against someone who spent the first 25 years of their life as a dude gettin pumped in the Army. That was not equitable or fair for any of the other competitors.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm still bitter that I had to drive to Fallujah to pick up a truck (that wasn't there), then drive back to Camp Falcon same day, only to get back and have my friend's tell me how awesome the USO dude was.

"He was that guy with the tattoos- you have his book, he's in the New Guy? Henry?"
"Henry Rollins was here?"
"Yeah, I tore apart your poo poo trying to find your book to get him to sign it."

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I feel like if transwomen were actually super athletes then there would be a whole lot more elite transwomen athletes. Fallon Fox is a good example - she's a b leager who lost to the only opponent she ever had with a Wikipedia entry.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

KirbyKhan posted:

Sports whatever. This is contact fighting bloodsport. There is risk of injury and death. Someone can choose to take on that risk when they set up the fight, but every women on Fox's fight record were not informed they were fighting against someone who spent the first 25 years of their life as a dude gettin pumped in the Army. That was not equitable or fair for any of the other competitors.

You are literally making the argument that the GOP is in passing anti-trans laws, so maybe just quit while you are ahead and stop trying to defend the biotruths.

Its a contact fighting bloodsport, as you said. Train assuming your opponent will be some person who spend years training as hard as you, if not harder. This has nothing to do with their gender, whether they are trans, etc.

Stop promoting anti-trans bullshit. It has no basis in reality other than spreading FUD about trans athletes.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Racism and sexism are systems. Anyone living according to the norms of society at some point will be sexists and racists, including you, period.

Joe Rogan isn't "a racist" like Keith Richards; he's a racist because he makes his living perpetuating a backwards status quo by constantly reacting negatively to things that are not violent, white, cismale, and straight; and for inviting racists, sexists, fascists, and bigots to promogulate their fascist ideals.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Celebrities are loving stupid. This goes doubly for sports celebrities and 1000x for combat sports celebrities.

That said stupid people can be funny, but listening to them for anything other than pure entertainment value is suspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Inb4 someone links a video with Joe Rogan with his black/gay/trans guests that undoes the years of propaganda and unchecked toxicity.