Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Finicums Wake posted:

let gradenko be ik..

good news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

make larry ik

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
there's not actually some kind of acute modding crisis here to begin with. a bunch of people just want their friend to be allowed to say slurs. he can't and that's the end of it. it'd be nice if the entire taintrunner fanclub didn't troop into here each and every time this happened but the administrative action required to stop this would probably do more harm than good to the thread

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Ferrinus posted:

there's not actually some kind of acute modding crisis here to begin with. a bunch of people just want their friend to be allowed to say slurs. he can't and that's the end of it. it'd be nice if the entire taintrunner fanclub didn't troop into here each and every time this happened but the administrative action required to stop this would probably do more harm than good to the thread

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

THS posted:

make larry ik

this would repair every rift in the subforum

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

well that's the funny thing. flavius first showed up in here in response to complaints of genuinely bad modding, which is to say probating people for challenging the western narrative on xinjiang. after some roughousing in here he opened a separate thread to discuss the issue, did discuss the issue, and then publicly changed his stance, such that i can now declare here that pres. xi jinping is not attempting to exterminate the uighur people without being summarily banned for it. this is actually much better mod practice than i would have expected in c-spam of all places and this is part of why i don't begrudge his continuing to post here even though i don't remember his having a lot to say about marxist theory or whatever

that he isn't starting such a round table discussion about calling people "retard", and instead just probating them for increasingly longer spans of time as they refuse to alter their behavior, is another example of good judgment on his part. i can take or leave his probating people who just parachute in to yell at him about those probations, but i don't really get what those people expect in the first place

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Ferrinus posted:

what loving world do you live in lmao, free larry

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Trash Ops posted:

one in which you're not allowed to use ableist slurs as a pejorative in c-spam

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Trash Ops posted:

a question to all of you "free larry" people, do you actually read his posts

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm sure larry is a fine poster, although i can't really remember much of his output here and otherwise only recall occasionally seeing him in the path of exile thread or something. however he would be an even better poster if he moderated his own language

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ferrinus posted:

it'd be nice if the entire taintrunner fanclub didn't troop into here each and every time this happened but the administrative action required to stop this would probably do more harm than good to the thread

Yeah that's it. everyone who thinks it's lame to keep probating Larry for saying bad words actually loving loves rape. good job cracking the case columbo, that's an incredibly cool thing to say and definitely not way worse than anything larry says but you're enough of a coward to rely on euphemism

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

as president of the taintunner fanclub it was necessary to destroy him

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

some plague rats posted:

Yeah that's it, everyone who thinks it's lame to keep probating Larry for saying bad words actually loving loves rape, good job cracking the case columbo, that's an incredibly cool thing to say and definitely not way worse than anything he says but you're enough of a coward to rely on euphemism

??? "say slurs" is a euphemism for rape? what?

edit: ohhh right taintrunner. haha that's not actually what i meant at all, i just tried to pick the name of another (once) popular c-spam user out of a hat. i didn't really remember any details about him except that he turned out to be jefferoo in disguise

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

some plague rats posted:

Yeah that's it. everyone who thinks it's lame to keep probating Larry for saying bad words actually loving loves rape. good job cracking the case columbo, that's an incredibly cool thing to say and definitely not way worse than anything larry says but you're enough of a coward to rely on euphemism

Yeah, the rape is definitely what they were referring to, not the crowd of fawning goons who cheered him on every time he "ran a taint" i.e. acted like a raging rear end in a top hat because someone disagreed with him. :rolleyes:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

sure ya did :-)

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Flavius Aetass posted:

Yeah, the rape is definitely what they were referring to, not the crowd of fawning goons who cheered him on every time he "ran a taint" i.e. acted like a raging rear end in a top hat because someone disagreed with him. :rolleyes:

ohh yeahh haha definitely

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
im going to say the n word

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i chickened out even though no one would have heard me :negative:

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
i just said it twice

share the load mr soccer

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

there is clearly a need for an ik in a thread with as many posts in five years as one of the braindead trump threads gets in a month, because larry says retard occasionally, flavius shitass throws out a ridiculous probe, then everything stops

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

make Ferrinus IK, he seems to be at least trying to discuss things between the derails

V. Illych L. too if you need a fair balance

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

larry should be made IK of his own thread in pet island where he can just yell and get mad at backyard chickens or something

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
im gunna go jack off

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
yeah let’s make the socdem dipshit ik of the communism thread

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

don't make me IK, i don't want the job. i do enough administrative crap irl

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

some plague rats posted:

this is such a loving reach and you know it lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

i am an assburger and believe in r-word centrist third way politics. i'll be ik. i also don't really post here but i like lurking and you all suck sometimes

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i want to be clear that i know there are real gradations in types of trot and would never go so far as to accuse any of you of being a WSWS member, unless maybe i was in a bad mood or felt like i was losing an argument

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ferrinus posted:

??? "say slurs" is a euphemism for rape? what?

edit: ohhh right taintrunner. haha that's not actually what i meant at all, i just tried to pick the name of another (once) popular c-spam user out of a hat. i didn't really remember any details about him except that he turned out to be jefferoo in disguise

Oh absolutely. Definitely. The guy who can write a million words because someone said race is superstructure instead of lived experience or whatever just happened to off-hand no reason at all choose the name at the centre of the most public shitstorm this forum ever had with knowing anything about it!!!

You loving slimy little weasel, at when Larry says awful poo poo he owns it

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

i will probably mod ferrinus whenever he goes :umberto: though fair warning

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

If there was any doubt that Ferrinus is in the wrong check out who appeared to defend him

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

some plague rats posted:

Oh absolutely. Definitely. The guy who can write a million words because someone said race is superstructure instead of lived experience or whatever just happened to off-hand no reason at all choose the name at the centre of the most public shitstorm this forum ever had with knowing anything about it!!!

we had this exact fuckin thing last time squizzle accidentally used the comparison and its just as stupid this time. for a lot longer than he was known as being a rapist, taintrunner was infamous for just dragging around a bunch of mush brained idiots who'd go RUNNIN TAINTS or whatever. then they all pretended they hated him all along. way more people associate him with that than what he did as jeevesmeister, considering the proof connecting them was never actually made public (for good reason, also this isnt me doubting it lol).

not everyone is as jacked into that whole thing as you think!!! he was a loving awful cult of personality for a long time!!! its a perfectly reasonable mistake to make

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

some plague rats posted:

i don't read most of this forum, i know taintrunner from his former account in cinema discusso in which he independently reinvented italian futurism. it was really funny.

i want to note here though how funny it is that you're suddenly REALLY aggrieved and upset, just performing the most red-faced, tear-soaked outrage you possibly can in order to muster up the social pressure needed to avoid engaging with the actual substance of a criticism leveled against you, in a basically perfect example of convergent evolution towards the exact liberal "identitarians" you people claim to be rebelling against

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

also larry would be a lot cooler if he stopped pretending he's the only guy in cspam who has to work a lovely minimum wage job

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

paul_soccer12 posted:

im gunna go jack off

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

some plague rats posted:

If there was any doubt that Ferrinus is in the wrong check out who appeared to defend him

wow, making Lists of posters, much?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

some plague rats posted:

ferrinus might have a superiority complex and have a proclivity to voxsplain things but i think it's fair to not want slurs, and i don't think he's engaged in some conspiracy to make everyone think that larry defenders are rapists. again i say this even though i really don't like engaging with him at all

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ferrinus posted:

i don't read most of this forum, i know taintrunner from his former account in cinema discusso in which he independently reinvented italian futurism. it was really funny.

i want to note here though how funny it is that you're suddenly REALLY aggrieved and upset, just performing the most red-faced, tear-soaked outrage you possibly can in order to muster up the social pressure needed to avoid engaging with the actual substance of a criticism leveled against you, in a basically perfect example of convergent evolution towards the exact liberal "identitarians" you people claim to be rebelling against

Of course anyone who is mad at you for saying something very lovely and then trying to weasel out of it is just doing performative outrage, I look forward to your Spiked column about being victimised by cancel culture you babbling twerp

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Varinn posted:

also larry would be a lot cooler if he stopped pretending he's the only guy in cspam who has to work a lovely minimum wage job

it can be a bit tiring

anyway, I'm going to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
wow, gonna go jack off much?