Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I haven't myself been on hormone replacement therapy what with being a pretty content cis dude, but I know many women who are and the combination of anti-androgens and estrogens causes your muscles to basically go "well'p not like we need to be here doing manly poo poo anymore" and your upper body strength pretty much takes a nosedive. Once your testosterone levels reach those in the ranges of cis women your ability to maintain and gain muscle mass is exactly the same.

Androgens don't magically make you more powerful either, they just increase the amount of muscle mass you can build and maintain.

This poo poo isn't new, either. We've known about this for drat near a century, it just got institutionally suppressed for ages. Hell, we'd probably be decades ahead of where we are now regarding gender identity and the physiological components of sexual diversity if the Nazi Party didn't burn the archives of Magnus Hirschfeld's research institutes in 1933 before sending him off to die in exile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Me when I see what the thread is talking about.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Go feed that starving dog you monster

He’s wasting away to nothing but skin and bone and fat and fur and muscle

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

We have disappointed Bonnie

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/zachdespart/status/1387058453374554113?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm still bitter that I had to drive to Fallujah to pick up a truck (that wasn't there), then drive back to Camp Falcon same day, only to get back and have my friend's tell me how awesome the USO dude was.

"He was that guy with the tattoos- you have his book, he's in the New Guy? Henry?"
"Henry Rollins was here?"
"Yeah, I tore apart your poo poo trying to find your book to get him to sign it."

drat that's a solid dude

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Super cool! Is this the cool zone?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Laranzu posted:

Super cool! Is this the cool zone?

No it's the ignorant, self-righteous zone.

Cool zone means fun in the streets.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Texas wants to speedrun that Secession goal again.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

bulletsponge13 posted:

"Yeah, I tore apart your poo poo trying to find your book to get him to sign it."

Did they at least get the book signed?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CommieGIR posted:

Texas wants to speedrun that Secession goal again.

I'm fine with it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/potus/status/1387123131500924929?s=21

Cool I guess? It’s cool and all but it’s just so :effort:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

CainFortea posted:

Did they at least get the book signed?

No.

Because it was in my assault pack on my road trip.

I for real appreciated the effort, and I know I picked the guy up a small thank you, like BK at the Airport, or some poo poo from the crappy travelling PX that only ever had Coca Cola and Sour Cream and Onion Pringles. But that night, after he convinced me, I was a a little short with the dude.

"Awesome. Now, I get to clean up after not getting to shoot anybody. Wanna poo poo in my k-pot, and top off my day?"

He laughed and got the situation, gave me a shoulder hug, and went to midnight chow.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

bulletsponge13 posted:

No.

Because it was in my assault pack on my road trip.

I for real appreciated the effort, and I know I picked the guy up a small thank you, like BK at the Airport, or some poo poo from the crappy travelling PX that only ever had Coca Cola and Sour Cream and Onion Pringles. But that night, after he convinced me, I was a a little short with the dude.

"Awesome. Now, I get to clean up after not getting to shoot anybody. Wanna poo poo in my k-pot, and top off my day?"

He laughed and got the situation, gave me a shoulder hug, and went to midnight chow.

Rollins seems like the kind of guy who if you sent him a message with your story, he'd help you out.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh man, I never thought it'd be me walking the line of :biotruths: but LEEETS GOOOO

Sure in the average human a lady can beat a dude and a translady can beat a transdude in a fight and every combination can fite. Ezpz so many examples.

When you are comparing humans at their peak performance trained as a killing machines 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, chasing chickens and eating them whole, in the service of competing a heavily regimented sport combat ~then~ there are stark differences between the capabilities of a dude, a lady, a transdude, and a translady. Depending on the pathway chosen to transition, there's many disqualifying drugs and procedures that have a performance altering affect on the human. For it to be equitable for the competitors the individual trans would have to transition like buckwild early like childhood, which like cool if they exist, and cool if they fall into mma, but the specific mma example of Fallon Fox really bothered me. The other competitors were not informed of Fallon's transition until after Fallon broke a fighter's skull. Sure the board knew, but gently caress the board they only in it for money.

You should do more reading before you dig any deeper on this and before you spread around any more unintentionally transphobic misinformation.

Here, give this website a read. Maybe check out some of the studies cited. Definitely read through the case studies.

I'll go one step further though and really make this a lot easier for you

See those green pips distributed all the way across the spectrum? Yeah those are female athletes with testosterone levels higher then most of the male athletes tested for the study. This isn't getting in to the range of responsiveness individuals have which makes comparing hormone level to hormone level meaningless as a metric.

We also need to touch on the fact that there are XX males and XY females as well, who can have different conditions that cause their bodies to develop one way or another.

Physical sex is such a broad range of different combinations of physical features and chemical compositions that there's always going to be a wide range of overlap in physical capabilities between even elite athletes. It's the whole reason that female troops are viable, there are enough females who meet the performance cutoffs.

That's also ignoring the idea that the cis athletes aren't using steroids and other enhancements. Athletes in all sports get caught doing that all the time, it's basically an arms race of developing new dosing protocols and different formulations versus developing new tests to detect the dosing.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
edit: I didn't read that graph right because I'm smoked from doing hours of ochem. current related event - i loving hate my life

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 28, 2021

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The answer is to not have sports divided by gender, and also to allow athletes to use whatever PEDs they want. That's why you have different leagues. The absolute monsters end up at the top league and it filters down from there based on natural ability and skill.

Volkova III
Jan 5, 2021

Iain posted:

I still don't know how I feel about children being given that much input on themselves, a part of me wants to say it is not something they understand. But it is definitely something I don't understand as well.

We understand it just fine, thank you. What fucks us up as children is being told that we're just confused, and being denied information. If I understood that transitioning was an option, I would have done it then, and I would have fought like hell until I got to, instead of having to do it fifteen years after the irreparable damage done to my body by going through the wrong puberty.

You're correct, it's something you can't understand - so maybe don't speak for trans children.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

boop the snoot posted:

AFAIK it's pretty much all he can do as president since Congress proved they won't pass a minimum wage increase.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, and there's more than just a handful of people who that gives a raise.

Also

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

So the only comedian i ever heard of rogan getting really upset about at the time for stealing jokes was Carlos Mencia. Then i watched other vids and rogan just shrugs off the guest saying Amy Schumer was stealing jokes and in another clip saying that a lot of working comedians were getting weekly checks from Robin Williams for it. But the first time i could find Roman bringing that up was after Williams had died. I dont know if Rogan believes anything really other than Men Are Assholes so he'll take whatever position at the time is most contrary to the most amount of people to hurt as many feelings as possible because hes a Manly Man.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stravag posted:

So the only comedian i ever heard of rogan getting really upset about at the time for stealing jokes was Carlos Mencia. Then i watched other vids and rogan just shrugs off the guest saying Amy Schumer was stealing jokes and in another clip saying that a lot of working comedians were getting weekly checks from Robin Williams for it. But the first time i could find Roman bringing that up was after Williams had died. I dont know if Rogan believes anything really other than Men Are Assholes so he'll take whatever position at the time is most contrary to the most amount of people to hurt as many feelings as possible because hes a Manly Man.

The Carlos Mencia thing was almost twenty years ago and Rogan's done a lot of drugs since then. I'm pretty sure he's long since fried his critical thinking centers.

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009
You all should check out the podcast Henry and Heidi. It's not on Spotify but it's on Podcast Addict.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The Carlos Mencia thing was almost twenty years ago and Rogan's done a lot of drugs since then. I'm pretty sure he's long since fried his critical thinking centers.

Christ was it? I remember mind of Mencia was when i was in high school. I still FEEL like I'm 22 this getting old thing is bullshit

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
I stopped listening to depressing round table discussion podcasts and my life is better for it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh man, I never thought it'd be me walking the line of :biotruths: but LEEETS GOOOO

Sure in the average human a lady can beat a dude and a translady can beat a transdude in a fight and every combination can fite. Ezpz so many examples.

When you are comparing humans at their peak performance trained as a killing machines 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, chasing chickens and eating them whole, in the service of competing a heavily regimented sport combat ~then~ there are stark differences between the capabilities of a dude, a lady, a transdude, and a translady. Depending on the pathway chosen to transition, there's many disqualifying drugs and procedures that have a performance altering affect on the human. For it to be equitable for the competitors the individual trans would have to transition like buckwild early like childhood, which like cool if they exist, and cool if they fall into mma, but the specific mma example of Fallon Fox really bothered me. The other competitors were not informed of Fallon's transition until after Fallon broke a fighter's skull. Sure the board knew, but gently caress the board they only in it for money.

Hey.

gently caress you.

That's it. That's the post.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stravag posted:

Christ was it? I remember mind of Mencia was when i was in high school. I still FEEL like I'm 22 this getting old thing is bullshit

It might've been closer to fifteen than twenty but gently caress looking that poo poo up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Logan Paul getting his rear end beaten will now be June 6.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/byashleyhackett/status/1387099161166848004?s=19

I can't wait

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

I genuinely believe Rogan has done enough weird research psychotropics that part of his consciousness no longer resides on our plane of reality. The man would probably read through the classic phenazepam threads and go "ha ha yeah man I've been there" at all the stories.

I could see Joe Rogan "eyeballing" some Joose

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Volkova III posted:

We understand it just fine, thank you. What fucks us up as children is being told that we're just confused, and being denied information. If I understood that transitioning was an option, I would have done it then, and I would have fought like hell until I got to, instead of having to do it fifteen years after the irreparable damage done to my body by going through the wrong puberty.

You're correct, it's something you can't understand - so maybe don't speak for trans children.

Maybe attacking someone expressing interest in continuing to learn about something and making a baseless accusation isn't the best way to have a constructive dialogue and win people onto the side of moving this issue in the right direction.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

boop the snoot posted:

400,000 mostly Black and brown people just got a big raise but it's not space communism so I guess boo succdems?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Meanwhile, India is clearly not happy with people literally dying in the streets from the collapse of their health care system, and is preparing to allow for another religious festival in Jammu- which is critically underserved by health care in the best of times.

https://www.dw.com/en/covid-india-to-allow-amarnath-pilgrimage-despite-surge-in-cases/a-57341771

I feel like I’ve had an epiphany and came to the profound realization that ultranationalist government really isn’t good for anyone who likes remaining alive.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Stultus Maximus posted:

400,000 mostly Black and brown people just got a big raise but it's not space communism so I guess boo succdems?

It's a good thing, but I read earlier that the federal contractor minimum wage was already $10.80.

It's more just generalized irritation that the reason the minimum wage isn't $15 nationwide is because Senate Democrats still don't understand the gameboard they're on. No matter what they do, Republicans are going to bullshit and lie about it and run on the bullshit/lies in 2022. Truth won't matter, the playing field isn't even, and they won't be able to cut through the bullshit and lies. The only move is to do a shitload of popular, easy-to-digest good poo poo.

A $15 nationwide minimum wage is popular, easy-to-digest good poo poo and Democrats won't do it due to decorum nonsense from a pile of Senators. It's annoying, even if Biden could do that good thing on the margins.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I feel like I’ve had an epiphany and came to the profound realization that ultranationalist government really isn’t good for anyone who likes remaining alive.

When bad poo poo goes down, ultranationalists can either fix it or lie about it. Door #2 is always picked.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm not hopeful about the party actually trying to fight for $15 minimum wage during this presidency. I'm glad the President did this, but agree that it feels limp after how quickly the Dems gave up on the first shot at increasing the minimum wage.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Mob guys and ultranationalists intersect heavily over tribalism. "Only my gang on top." When the national identity combines with the gang identity, whoo boy. No wonder espionage, business and organized crime go hand in fist in glove in your face.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

A Bad Poster posted:

The answer is to not have sports divided by gender, and also to allow athletes to use whatever PEDs they want. That's why you have different leagues. The absolute monsters end up at the top league and it filters down from there based on natural ability and skill.

The problem with unlimited PEDs is that many of them are really destructive and the people at the most risk of getting hosed up by them aren't the top-tier athletes, but the people on the roster bubble who feel they need the boost to stay on the team. There's also the issue of PEDs filtering down into youth sports, where kids are encouraged to gently caress themselves up in order to go pro.

Like, pro sports already fucks people up in a large number of ways, throwing PEDs on top of that is a pretty big overall negative imo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I saw dudes doing roids for second rate high school wrestling teams in Louisiana in the mid 90s.

Propagation of them is bad and widespread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The problem with unlimited PEDs is that many of them are really destructive and the people at the most risk of getting hosed up by them aren't the top-tier athletes, but the people on the roster bubble who feel they need the boost to stay on the team. There's also the issue of PEDs filtering down into youth sports, where kids are encouraged to gently caress themselves up in order to go pro.

Like, pro sports already fucks people up in a large number of ways, throwing PEDs on top of that is a pretty big overall negative imo

It would bring it into the daylight at least. It's happening at all levels and part of the reason a bunch of nasty poo poo gets used is because it's not screened for. If it was permissible then there would be incentive to use safer stuff so you'd have a longer and more lucrative career. We've already proven that prohibition doesn't work, why keep pretending it does?