Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

1glitch0 posted:

But why would that mean they couldn't do an Iron Man ride?

The reason they can't do Avengers stuff in Florida specifically is likely because Marvel has a pre-existing licensing agreement with Universal. There's a few Marvel rides at one of the Universal Studios parks in Orlando, and I imagine those rights interfere with Disney's ability to put Marvel rides in Disneyworld.

e: wait lmao what thread is this

Arist fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1387171042058285058

Oh boy.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they own it all but rights of use with spiderman and its villians and poo poo are sony i believe. idk IP laws and all that dumb poo poo.
It's not IP laws it's that before Iron Man came out Marvel wasn't doing particularly well financially so they sold off usage rights for various things to a bunch of different parties and didn't put an expiration date on much of any of it.

Then Marvel become ultra-hot IP from MCU and now anyone that has rights is sitting on a gold mine and the only way they're gonna let Disney use it is if Disney coughs up a fuckton of cash.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
This is pretty much why Wanda and Pietro in the MCU couldn't be called Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver, because Fox still owns all the X-Men stuff (as well as the Fantastic Four stuff).

Holy poo poo that was a New York Post story? I was seeing leftists taking it at face value.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Twelve by Pies posted:

Holy poo poo that was a New York Post story? I was seeing leftists taking it at face value.

Yep, and one of said persons decided it was all Jen Psaki's fault. Not himself for believing a loving New York Post story. oh no.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah, start yelling at people on the street about how they're abusing their kids. That definitely won't get you socked in the jaw.

Violence huh? So much for the tolerant left! :bahgawd:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yep, and one of said persons decided it was all Jen Psaki's fault. Not himself for believing a loving New York Post story. oh no.

was that the guy that used the red flag word "shrill" when decribing his issues with Psaki?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah, start yelling at people on the street about how they're abusing their kids. That definitely won't get you socked in the jaw.

If that happens to me I'm gonna tell them I'd love to argue about it but Hannity is due back from commercial so..

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

If I'm ever accosted by one of Tucker Carlson's fans when I'm out and about with my son, at the very least it just becomes real-world fodder I can employ when teaching my kid about who and what a Republican is so that he never makes the mistake of engaging them in good faith or god forbid ever voting for one. It wouldn't be any tangential thing at that point anymore. "Remember that dumb rear end in a top hat who just started incoherently screaming at us at the park that one time? That, son, was a Republican. They're all like that. Don't ever be tricked into believing they aren't and you'll do well for yourself in life."

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

tek79 posted:

If I'm ever accosted by one of Tucker Carlson's fans when I'm out and about with my son, at the very least it just becomes real-world fodder I can employ when teaching my kid about who and what a Republican is so that he never makes the mistake of engaging them in good faith or god forbid ever voting for one. It wouldn't be any tangential thing at that point anymore. "Remember that dumb rear end in a top hat who just started incoherently screaming at us at the park that one time? That, son, was a Republican. They're all like that. Don't ever be tricked into believing they aren't and you'll do well for yourself in life."

When I was like 7-ish I asked my mom and grandma what the difference was between republicans and democrats. They told me rich people vote for republicans and poor people vote for democrats. While simplistic I totally got it, and understand why they were democrats.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

When I was like 7-ish I asked my mom and grandma what the difference was between republicans and democrats. They told me rich people vote for republicans and poor people vote for democrats. While simplistic I totally got it, and understand why they were democrats.

I was told "one likes more government and more taxes and the other likes less government and fewer taxes."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
https://twitter.com/NYCPDDEA/status/1386812200774508547

This incredibly fake video would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that it was made to defend cops murdering minorities.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I've been doing a bit where I reply "A rare miss from the Bee" whenever I see a Babylon Bee tweet (to the point one of their editors had a meltdown and replied to me with a screenshot of me doing it a month back) and they blocked me today lmao

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Groovelord Neato posted:

I've been doing a bit where I reply "A rare miss from the Bee" whenever I see a Babylon Bee tweet (to the point one of their editors had a meltdown and replied to me with a screenshot of me doing it a month back) and they blocked me today lmao

Yeah that dude melted down hard, it was hilarious.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Are you the guy I keep seeing doing that!? lmao

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Arist posted:

It seems there are now multiple people doing it, I just checked.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'll be honest I tossed one out because of how hilarious I found this drama

Anything to get a fraction of that Habbo hotel high back

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Arist posted:

PT6A posted:

It seems there are now multiple people doing it, I just checked.

Yeah I started it and some mutuals joined in. It got to the point that Babylon Bee fans would tag me in the replies when I didn't do it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's amusing and unsurprising that something so light as "a rare miss from The Bee" pisses them off

Edit: it's probably because it's far funnier than whatever "satire" they come up with

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 28, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Even calling it "satire" with air quotes is being too generous

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1386253759295205380

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Here's what the editor that got mad at me is tweeting about btw:

https://twitter.com/JoelWBerry/status/1387384106930130945?s=20

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

Hmmm...no I don't think we need to defend neonazis.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Angry_Ed posted:

First they came for the Nazis

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Twelve by Pies posted:

This is pretty much why Wanda and Pietro in the MCU couldn't be called Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver, because Fox still owns all the X-Men stuff (as well as the Fantastic Four stuff).
IIRC Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine was "Wade Wilson" for the same reason. And I think Universal still has rights to distribute Hulk films even though they're using Hulk in other MCU movies. The sheer scale of the clusterfuck is amazing, although it's really a lot more understandable when you account for the fact that MCU was way more ambitious and a lot more dependent on crossovers and brand consistency and such than anything that anyone thought the film rights would be used for at the time.

Angry_Ed posted:

I don't think there's actual confirmation that he's on the No Fly List vs. that the airlines themselves decided to ban him, and he got into this poo poo for refusing to wear a mask properly and then arguing with a flight attendant until they had to go back to the gate to kick him off of the plane.

Don't be a loving moron on a plane and maybe you'll get to keep flying planes.

But of course everyone's trying to manufacture this into a story of him getting ~PUT ON A GOVERNMENT LIST BY BIDEN BECAUSE OF HIS CONSERVATIVE VIEWS~.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Not only did he get kicked off the plane for being a child about mask wearing he went on his livestream and fantasized about murdering flight attendants.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Groovelord Neato posted:

Not only did he get kicked off the plane for being a child about mask wearing he went on his livestream and fantasized about murdering flight attendants.

The party of personal responsibility!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

"If you don't defend the Nazis you could be next!" :shepface:

Yeah naaahhh

I actually thought the Babylon Bee was a parody: they were trying to be satire and funny this whole time?

hosed up if true

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

"If you don't defend the Nazis you could be next!" :shepface:

Yeah naaahhh

I actually thought the Babylon Bee was a parody: they were trying to be satire and funny this whole time?

hosed up if true

The Bee started as an evangelical Onion and would even make posts making fun of Trump - their most popular post in that era was mocking Joel Osteen for being such a heartless poo poo during the Houston flooding. They were bought by some chud and that's when it changed to 99 percent transphobic One Joke garbage and 1 percent praising Elon Musk/Trump/Jordan Peterson.

They actually did do a post parodying conservatives (about AOC being so stupid she got tangled in her shoelaces trying to tie her shoes) but nobody got it because it was virtually indistinguishable from how bad and dumb their regular poo poo was.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 28, 2021

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

It must suck to work for the New York Post. Either you write a bullshit story because you're told to or they'll write up right-wing fan fiction about Hunter Biden and give you the byline without your consent.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

OneEightHundred posted:

IIRC Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine was "Wade Wilson" for the same reason.

Minor correction, I don't think that had anything to do with it because Stryker refers to him as Deadpool later in that film. Don't want this kind of misinfo spreading in the USPOL thread.

e: gently caress me this isn't the USPOL thread

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 28, 2021

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Groovelord Neato posted:

A rare miss from the Bee.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Doctor Nutt posted:

Minor correction, I don't think that had anything to do with it because Stryker refers to him as Deadpool later in that film. Don't want this kind of misinfo spreading in the USPOL thread.
Fox owned the full rights so yeah that name wasn’t a concern

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

They can use their names but they can't say that they're mutants. Fox on the other hand can't say that their versions of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are Avengers. Movie rights can be extremely complicated and pedantic. Take for example the sequel to Night of the Living Dead: Both Romero and Russo who had written the original movie had different ideas about how the sequel should be. The agreement they reached was that Romero's movies could use the Dead suffix while Russo could use Living Dead.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 28, 2021

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Deadpool isn't a mutant though

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Xand_Man posted:

Deadpool isn't a mutant though

Legally, netiher is Squirrel Girl:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Even calling it "satire" with air quotes is being too generous

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1386253759295205380

has Jord even made public appearence after his totes legit medical induce coma that he could only get in Russia?

like his daughter posted him playing with an RC car but he seemed extremely out of it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

has Jord even made public appearence after his totes legit medical induce coma that he could only get in Russia?

like his daughter posted him playing with an RC car but he seemed extremely out of it.

I thought he was back on the interview circuit doing his dipshit philosopher chud act again?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the RC car thing was a few years ago, maybe his galaxy brain finally recovered.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Alhazred posted:

They can use their names but they can't say that they're mutants. Fox on the other hand can't say that their versions of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are Avengers. Movie rights can be extremely complicated and pedantic. Take for example the sequel to Night of the Living Dead: Both Romero and Russo who had written the original movie had different ideas about how the sequel should be. The agreement they reached was that Romero's movies could use the Dead suffix while Russo could use Living Dead.

I still find it hilarious that 60-ish old lawyers are debating the canon of comic books.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Alhazred posted:

Legally, netiher is Squirrel Girl:

Sounds like the kind of lie doctors tell concerned parents in a society where being a mutant could cause you problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Testekill posted:

Yeah that dude melted down hard, it was hilarious.

So BB can be funny then.