Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Last Chance posted:

So I'm a bit confused. Is Nathen officially Done with Garfield and friends? Like did he lose the franchise?

Who are garfield and friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

You know: Garfield, the dog, the man. The gray cat that Garfield would send to Abu Dahbi

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

The actual "& Friends" part of the TV show was a bunch of cartoon farm animals, from what I just found out was another Jim Davis newspaper strip (that didn't get as famous, obviously) called US Acres. So each episode of the TV show would be one Garfield cartoon and one US Acres cartoon.

The Friends never appeared in Nathen's life, much like real-world friends.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
Garfield and his friend, the big cow.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Last Chance posted:

So I'm a bit confused. Is Nathen officially Done with Garfield and friends? Like did he lose the franchise?

The GarfieldEATS Twitter account is still active and directing people to the website to order frozen lasagnas and various Garfield merchandise, and he did upload "Love Me, Feed Me, Don't Leave Me (feat. Garfield)" to a bunch of streaming services just over a week ago. The site still has the Nickelodeon / Viacom copyrights in the footer.

His attention seems to be primarily on the Scooby stuff at the moment - you can order a "Scooby subscription" to have quantities of the frozen Scooby food auto-shipped either weekly or monthly, which is hilarious.

He put his name and a quote on the actual packaging.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

my dog died im sad posted:

I think I found the perfect gift for Mother's Day

Scooby-Doo EATS Charcuterie Board

"Rooby-rooby-roo."

Lmao

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Agent Escalus posted:

Where do you think we get our poutine from? Hell, why don’t the Americans stereotype us for that rich dish? And why isn’t it more popular down there, anyway? It boggles the mind.

If a country's main point of pride is "we put gravy on fries sometimes", then that country shouldn't exist.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

holy poo poo do I love the French Canadian versions of those adjectives

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Apparently I have a full set of Garfield cards from when I was a kid an I'm thinking I know a Garfield fan with a lot of disposable income....unfortunately he's probably already got them.

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

steinrokkan posted:

If a country's main point of pride is "we put gravy on fries sometimes", then that country shouldn't exist.

Yeah, good thing it isn't.

Good thing its main point of pride is being a great place to live!

Rooby-rooby-rooo!!!!!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It depends, is the gravy #farm2plate?

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Shaggy Scooby and The Big Cow

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Jikes!

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 28, 2021

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

"The future generations of tomorrow" loving lol

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Mega64 posted:

It depends, is the gravy #farm2plate?

The gravy is #dog2mug, vis-a-vis the classic Garf toon wherein Jon chugs dog spunk.

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
"Meat never dies; Afterall, it is Scooby-Doo’s favorite."

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
The monthly subscription tier is called The Velma.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Man, how does he not have a farm2mouth spaghetti meal with a breaded veal cutlet called the Vealma?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Detective Thompson posted:

Man, how does he not have a farm2mouth spaghetti meal with a breaded veal cutlet called the Vealma?
Having any kind of connection between the character and the food item is very much against Nathen's brand.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Velma will be the namesake of the Velma "Jikes!" Chocolate Chip Cookie, which is a six dollar cookie shaped like Garfield

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Knormal posted:

Having any kind of connection between the character and the food item is very much against Nathen's brand.

It would draw attention away from himself.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Scrappy Doo's Puppy Powered! Jalapeno Poppers.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Jalapeno Puppers.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
Eager to see what food product Nathen has chosen for Fred, the milquetoast one

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Does Canada have the Schwan’s frozen food trucks?

Free idea for Nathen: Scooby Doo Mystery Machine delivery vans filled with farm2plate lasagna

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

TheManWithNoName posted:

Does Canada have the Schwan’s frozen food trucks?

Free idea for Nathen: Scooby Doo Mystery Machine delivery vans filled with farm2plate lasagna

You know that somehow it would go from being the “Mystery Machine” and being a panel van it’ll become the “Mysterious Machine” and be a 2007 Honda Civic with a wrap applied over the top of “love me, feed me, don’t leave me” vinyl lettering.

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

Blue Moonlight posted:

You know that somehow it would go from being the “Mystery Machine” and being a panel van it’ll become the “Mysterious Machine” and be a 2007 Honda Civic with a wrap applied over the top of “love me, feed me, don’t leave me” vinyl lettering.

#2farm2plate

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Farm 'em and plate 'em.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
plate2farm - all ScoobyEATS packaging is moulded from food grade bone meal and other FDA approved ingredients, perfect to feed to your livestock after finishing your delicious #lasagnae

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
scrappacino

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Detective Thompson posted:

The gravy is #dog2mug, vis-a-vis the classic Garf toon wherein Jon chugs dog spunk.

:lol:

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
his marketing handlers won’t let him do anything too close to the brand because it would dilute whatever residual value remains

mix and matching unrelated food items with entergageing focus group tested hype is the best he can do

tune in for the new mail ordered Flintstones Big Rock Garfuccinos #plantation2cup

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
remember when jon arbuckle drank a bunch of dog cum and got dog pregnant?

nathan does.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Scooby Doo frozen lasagna

Shaggy frozen lasagna

Velma frozen lasagna

Fred frozen lasagna

The possibilities are endless!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Mystery Maccino

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Scooby Doo frozen lasagna

Shaggy frozen lasagna

Velma frozen lasagna

Fred frozen lasagna

The possibilities are endless!

I doubt they gonna let him use the characters, especially Velma who has a show coming up soon.

Nathen is marketing poison

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Good thing the OG voice of Shaggy is dead, I don't think he respects meat the same way Nathen does

quote:

Kasem was a dedicated vegan, supported animal rights and environmental causes, and was a critic of factory farming.He initially quit voicing Shaggy in the mid to late 1990s when asked to voice Shaggy in a Burger King commercial, but returned in 2002 after negotiating to have Shaggy become a vegetarian

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

He also hated upbeat songs following a downer dedication.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Fuckin' ponderous, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

These guys are from England, AND WHO GIVES A poo poo?