Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
WHAT UP BIG MAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

MorningMoon posted:

TEN WINS VIA SUBMISSION ON THE BLADE

Man in mask subs leather daddy

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
It wouldn't happen, but I'd like to see Stu/Uno, Reynalds/Silver, 10, and Anna vs the whole HFO. It would be absolute chaos, and also own.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

ChrisBTY posted:

I know it's a longshot but I really hope Dark Order triumphing over HFO is a stepping stone for them to be taken seriously enough to stand against the Elite when Page/Kenny finally happens. Because right now in terms of optics it feels like a ridiculous mismatch.
I'm here salivating over face stu/uno vs heel bucks on national tv

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Alaois posted:

Max Caster has a... personality

i dont get this reference what is it

SEGA rear end Fisting posted:

More Will Allday coward Tony

i like his shiny silver boots

too bad he died. rip

Pylons posted:

This is a low-key banger.

both of these ladies are ready for tv imo. has kilynn done any sort of promo work yet, i cant remember any

commentary picked up the second half. great main event

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
That was a fun one, loved that main. Excited for 10 vs. Darby, 10 is going to look like an absolute beast throwing Darby around.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Love the coordinated pointing hand gesture from Excalibur and Taz.

1) Fuego and ROME HAT vs The Acclaimed. "Hospital in Italy" line was ice. As was the mouthed "bitch". Max is such an astounding goof. Max Caster has a... personality. This is fun and fast from the start. Saw what you like about Rome Hat, he's a nippy little dude. He'd probably do well in an Adrian Quest role on NJPW Strong. Oh, NICE Irish whip dropkick from Fuego. Tornado DDT reversed into Northern Lights buckle bomb. The weirdos pick up a win.

2) The Sydals vs David Ali and Aaron Frye. I just noticed that the Sydals have a theme remix so it's "our time to..." instead of "my time to...". That's neat. Frye and Ali have a lot of muscle packed on. Some nice escapology chain wrestling. Glad to see some attempted teamwork from Frye and Ali. Enjoyed the Namaste chant. Liked Mike's Matrix dodge of the lariat. Willow Nightingale sighting in the crowd. Decent low stakes tag.

3) Dante Martin vs Andrew Palace. How's it going, Bloey Blanella? I actually really like how much personality Palace has. And of course how ludicrously skilful Dante is. SInce he's been doing more singles matches I feel like Dante is hitting harder and taking a lot more control in his matches. And doing absolutely absurd things like that cartwheel frankensteiner. Palace is fun, but someone needs to get in his ear about looking like he wants to win the match.

4) Varsity Blonds vs Duke Davis and Ganon Jones. Love Duke and Ganon's coordinated gear. Ah, this is the OTHER Mane Event. Decent enough big guy stuff, with Mane Event getting a decent amount of time. Duke has some good explosive power. If he can move and string a match together he could be something. Loved the spot where Davis held Pillman's head in place for a soccer kick from Jones. Nice leaping assisted powerbomb for a win.

5) Marty The Moth vs "The Machine" Cage. Love the way they've decorated the Temple this season. Wonder if Dario will come out. Hook, you little gremlin. Holy crap, Marty is jacked right now. Cocky offense early, which makes Cage angry. Couple of slow bits, but this is fun and kinetic. Cage is showing off his acrobatics, Casaus is showing some real toughness. I'm impressed with how much they're letting Casaus get in. He looks a bit gassed towards the end, that tope was hit and miss. Oh the mouth stuff was nasty. Marty The Mouth. Drill Claw for the win, but for Marty's first match in like two years, when he had to relearn how to walk after messing up his back, this was pretty good.

HFO promo. It's his cleaver hand. Did Hardy bite a Brodie Lee line there?

6) Legit Leyla Hirsch vs Renee Michelle. Bell rings and Leyla has a waistlock in like half a second. Love when someone just executes the hell out of their gameplan. Renee is a good foil, she realises she's in there with a compact killer. Renee has a good offense flurry, we get some entirely watchable back and forth, but sooner or later the shark smells blood and Leyla finds a way to collect another arm.

7) Lance Archer vs Jake St Patrick. Good for Jake St Patrick trying an attack during Lance's entrance. it worked for a couple of seconds until entropy asserted itself and Lance just starts chucking the young man around the ring. Did the commentary have something cut at the end?

Fiery face promo from Dark Order. Uno can talk good.

8) Diamante vs Raychell Rose. Starting from nothing with Raychell Rose. She's got height and a good look. Early doors she's got fundamentals but looks a little lost. I like that she's quite smiley and positive with it in a way you could see as clowning on her opponent. DIamante has some real painful looking stuff. She lays her poo poo in like a champ and looks effective doing so. That modified Code Red was fun. Effective win for Diamante.

9) Lee Johnson vs Will Allday. I like Lee's remixed music. Lots of very smooth chain moves here. Does Johnson have a robotic spine? Nice bit of showboating, really crisp dropkick. Will Allday is pretty good, he might look like a guy who sells you synthetic weed in a Best Buy parking lot but he's got moves. Decisive win for Lee though.

10) Penelope Ford vs Ashley d'Ambiose. Oh hey, Kip. Haven't seen you in... a while. Things are a bit catfighty at the start. Ashley has strength and a good look, but things aren't quite coming together here. Not a bad match, per se, but the women's division has advanced a lot since this was the standard.

11) Cole Karter vs Colt Cabana. Excalibur is On One Tonight. Colt does the Colt Chain Wrestling, which is always nice to see. Karter has some fun bits, but this doesn't go on long enough to feel like much of a match.

12) Dani Jordyn vs KiLynn King. I like Dani doing a lot of showboating. I like KiLynn just being a huge berzerker. This could be fun. Jordyn plays to the crowd well. Fun chain spots here. Wow, this is really fast and back and forth. Dani is looking great here, and King is really showing off some strength. Wondering if this is AEW seeing how Dani looks in a longer more even match. Lots of innovative offense, including a rope DDT that was superb. This is about the best Jordyn has looked since getting here, not so much because she's getting more of her stuff in but because she's wrestling better. I have to wonder if this is a tryout. Lovely neckbreaker from the top rope. Both competitors are going full speed here. King wins, but Jordyn was a star here.

13) SCU vs Gray and Alanis. Wondering when we're going to get the SCU / Sky and Page feud we know is coming at some point. Or at least I assume it's coming. Excalibur building up what would happen if Page and Alanis won only for Taz to poo poo all over it was great. Gray and Alanis aren't bad, they complement each other well and Alanis in particular has some skills. But in the end the result is what we were expecting.

14) The Blade and Private Party versus Uno, Dos, and 10. A very good fun six man. Private Party are really feeling out how to work as high flying heels, Blade is a murderer when he gets the chance, and Dark Order are just a superb unit. Uno is so innovative with weird offense. Colt physically TURNING Bryce so he sees the Bunny interference is great. Kassidy's squeak is my favourite selling in AEW. You could see just how much the strength of Big Butch comes in handy when Private Party and Blade hit a Drag The Lake. I really enjoy this match, it's scruffy and fun and hose-showy but everyone does their part. And wow is that a big rub for 10 in landing the full nelson submission on Blade.

Not a bad night of wrestling.

graph posted:

has kilynn done any sort of promo work yet, i cant remember any

She's not a bad talker. She did at one point cut a promo on Nyla that ended with some rather unfortunate phrasing, but that was more not thinking things through rather than not being able to talk.

(the promo in question was mostly fine, but ended with her saying "You're not a native beast, you're just a native bitch" which felt like Stuff A White Person Probably Shouldn't Say)

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Apr 28, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Darkthoughts

7) Lance Archer vs Jake St Patrick. Good for Jake St Patrick trying an attack during Lance's entrance. it worked for a couple of seconds until entropy asserted itself and Lance just starts chucking the young man around the ring. Did the commentary have something cut at the end?

i think taz and excalibur were just quietly corpsing from what jake was saying

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Alaois posted:

i think taz and excalibur were just quietly corpsing from what jake was saying

Figured that was probably it, but Jake being Jake I was just making sure he hadn't said something too spicy for Youtube.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Catching up on Dark, Jake quietly chuckling that Lance Archer was proof that all children and their parents should give up on their dreams of ever accomplishing anything was just magical.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Dani Jordyn has improved quite a bit!

Penelope Ford still takes too long between moves. Not as bad as before but she could still use some more urgency I think.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
time to light the Tues!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
happy may fourth to all of you who didn't spend their entire lives in Ohio.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

turn off the lights

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lol @ acknowledging the filming schedule

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
a massive dark you say?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

P-P-P-P-POWAHOUSE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

p-p-p-p-p-p-powerbook

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:toot: P-P-P-POWERHOUSE

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Opening with another funeral

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fellow Knife Club Member Ricky Starks

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The word heathen has been ruined for me

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the angle and the execution on Town Bidness is so slick, I love it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

:blastu:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:toot:

:toot:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how many times do you think Diamanté has been taller than her opponent

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dude Diamante rules

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That was sick.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
double release german into a running knee :allears:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
JEBAITED!!!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Pop-up saito suplex??!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Was this one of the Darks filmed under time pressure lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tesha Price being Leyla's biggest mark rules

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
one of them squash heavy Darks, I see

That was a cool finishing sequence by Leyla

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Leyla should definitely chase the title after Britt takes it

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Taz gonna be mad

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

New gear blonds. It matches less so I hate it for them

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

New gear blonds. It matches less so I hate it for them

they're both wearing orange and black???

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The Taxman posted:

Taz gonna be mad

It's killing him to give up this orange and black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Alaois posted:

they're both wearing orange and black???

It's a different shade!