Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The idea of "getting bored" with clothes is very strange to me. I have had some of my clothes since I stopped growing. If it doesn't have too many holes in it it isn't leaving the wardrobe and I'm not buying anything new until I wear out the old stuff.

I suppose I should be glad that apparently a lot of people do get bored with their clothes though because I get them cheap at the charity shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Gross Dude posted:

I know this isn't the thread for it, so can someone give me a quick answer or a link to an article/thread about NFTs that answers my confusion about them:

Why do you want to own NFTs?

Because it will be worth more later? But why would it be? Just so that people acknowledge that you own a digital asset? What does it mean to own a tweet or a picture of weird cat? I truly do not understand.

I've read a few articles but none of them explain why you'd want to own one aside from reselling it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Biplane posted:

Buying shoes is something I do like, biannually at best. Who are these people going through multiple pairs of shoes yearly

Imelda Marcos

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
I was going to make the joke "Christopher Skase, to keep out-running all the people after him" but I forgot he's been dead for 20 years

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

As someone who shops in both men's and women's clothing departments, women's clothing is particularly bad for being made of thin fabric with lovely stitches, compared to men's clothing in the same store from the same brand.

I have shirts that I've had for fifteen years. None of them are women's clothing. I'm not sure of the exact justification for this (women buy more clothes because women's fashion changes more than men's, therefore cut as many corners as possible because they're expected to have higher turnover?) but it's true.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Takoluka posted:

A friend of my SO had a high-heel subscription service where she'd get a new pair or two of heels every month. It was insanely expensive.

I have flat feet and I'm very jealous of all you people who can just order a pair of shoes, and (as long as they're in your size) can have a reasonable expectation that they'll actually be wearable. Probably 80% of all the shoes I've ever tried on are unusable, since they have structure poking up into my foot-meats where most people have an arch.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

I have flat feet and I'm very jealous of all you people who can just order a pair of shoes, and (as long as they're in your size) can have a reasonable expectation that they'll actually be wearable. Probably 80% of all the shoes I've ever tried on are unusable, since they have structure poking up into my foot-meats where most people have an arch.

Same. It sucks! I think we’re just supposed to deal with it until our arch forms, because it’s technically a fallen arch. But it hurts and is bad.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Flat foot buddies try out Vans and New Balance if you want a decent fitting shoe that won't hurt without trying to find brands that offer wide sizes.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Converse are also good. It was nice when they were super popular.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

If you have flat feet Danner Boots are gonna be good boots for you, the complete lack of any inbuilt arch support had me running out for insoles ther day I got them.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Biplane posted:

Buying shoes is something I do like, biannually at best. Who are these people going through multiple pairs of shoes yearly

I buy a pair of Doc Martens every three years, and I use those boots for everything. (In total I own only a handful of pairs of shoes - trainers, DMs, interview boots, riding boots, motorcycle boots)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gross Dude posted:

I know this isn't the thread for it, so can someone give me a quick answer or a link to an article/thread about NFTs that answers my confusion about them:

Tiggum posted:

You know that scam where they sell land on the moon? So you send them some money and they send you a certificate that says you own a piece of the moon? So you can put that certificate up in your house and tell people you own a piece of the moon, but really all you own is a certificate?

Now imagine that, instead of the moon, it's a picture of the moon. And instead of a certificate, it's a digital certificate that you can't even show people. But because it sounds extremely technical and complicated, when you say "I own an NFT of the moon" people tend to just assume that means something because it couldn't possibly be as stupid as it sounds and these things seem to be worth a lot of money so there must be something to them and maybe I'm the dumb one for not getting it? No. You're not the dumb one. There's nothing to get. It's a worthless digital certificate of pretend ownership for a picture on someone else's computer that they still have complete control over and responsibility for.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Bitcoin is more evil than the things Sonic villains are actually depicted doing.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Platystemon posted:

Bitcoin is more evil than the things Sonic villains are actually depicted doing.

You could probably squeeze a season of a Captain Planet reboot aimed at Bitcoin.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Boywhiz88 posted:

You could probably squeeze a season of a Captain Planet reboot aimed at Bitcoin.

Cue a bunch of internet troglodytes complaining that "they made Captain Planet political".

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/redpillresort

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Midnight Voyager posted:

Sonic wears the same pair of shoes every day. I would not take shoe advice from Sonic. Sonic would wear his sneakers to a wedding.

Sneakers at a wedding was hip and cool the last time I got strongarmed into being in a wedding

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

So it’s a brothel then. Or it’s going to be assumed to be one. I hope it’s just a scam because the ‘submissive’ women thing is grim as gently caress

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Best case it’s Fyre Festival.

Worst case, it’s Colonia Dignidad:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jonestown for incels

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

So it’s a brothel then. Or it’s going to be assumed to be one. I hope it’s just a scam because the ‘submissive’ women thing is grim as gently caress

You're making a lot of assumptions about the number of women that will actually be there

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/RedPillResort/status/1386734098140512258

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Breetai posted:

Cue a bunch of internet troglodytes complaining that "they made Captain Planet political".

https://i.imgur.com/ZutD6uK.mp4

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I missed the episode where Captain Planet met Hitler and it made him horny for a rocket.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1386851970317684736

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

OwlFancier posted:

Sorry how does "wearing the same shoes every day" help the environment..?

It literally doesn’t. Two pairs of shoes worn in rotation will last more than twice as long as one pair of shoes worn every day, because shoes need 24 hours to dry out fully between wears.

Oh, no, where will people go to find beef recipes now? Except everywhere.

Also, I was kind of “oh, okay, good for you” until they were all “PROUDLY BROUGHT TO YOU BY A FAKE-MEAT COMPANY” and then I was :thunkher:

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

This has to be a honeypot for sexual predators.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It is, but not the kind run by any government agency. They put themselves in prison just by being there

Wow, the free market really is the most efficient system!

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

I don't think Covid-19 was created by Chinese scientists but, if it was, it was 100% created by Changjun Wang. Just look at him.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Alexander Hamilton posted:

I don't think Covid-19 was created by Chinese scientists but, if it was, it was 100% created by Changjun Wang. Just look at him.

I refuse to believe he's real. That's a render. They haven't even slotted in a background!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm pretty sure I fought that guy in Yakuza Kiwami, yeah.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Cleretic posted:

I'm pretty sure I fought that guy in Yakuza Kiwami, yeah.

I was going to say an upscaled model from Deus Ex. It's been so long since I played the game, that I don't think it reminds me of a specific character. It's more that it's the type of facial expression I would expect from that era of games.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Probably a long shot but does anyone have that twitter exchange between the guy who has the GENIUS idea of getting a covid business loan and using it to start a credit line and opening a credit card with it, and the guy who works for (I think) the IRS saying "My job is literally to find people doing what you are doing and arresting you" or something to that point?

I'm pretty sure it was last year after one of the stimulus packages went out, but that's about 800 pages to go through, so I'm hoping someone just saved the screenshot.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Probably a long shot but does anyone have that twitter exchange between the guy who has the GENIUS idea of getting a covid business loan and using it to start a credit line and opening a credit card with it, and the guy who works for (I think) the IRS saying "My job is literally to find people doing what you are doing and arresting you" or something to that point?

I'm pretty sure it was last year after one of the stimulus packages went out, but that's about 800 pages to go through, so I'm hoping someone just saved the screenshot.

I remember that. He was one of those Rise And Grind guys.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

lifg posted:

This has to be a honeypot for sexual predators.

was going to post that

is that bird avatar a known/notable woman in the redpill sphere or it is just a stock photo/random model?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Welp I tried, no luck. My guess is the forums search can't see the twitter words, I tried in this thread and the old one.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what the hell is that guy even saying

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jesus there's a lot there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Terrible gimmick account a la Titania McGrath.