Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"The sounds coming from the room were totally consensual, as heard by this amazon driver who definitely came inside to use the bathroom."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

sportsgenius86 posted:

"The sounds coming from the room were totally consensual, as heard by this amazon driver who definitely came inside to use the bathroom."

"His testimony is backed up by Watsons' friends, who unrelatedly happen to be his employees."

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

“If I wasn’t a lesbian I would have been all over Deshaun Watson!”

Definitely a real thing said by a gay woman.

Rusty Hardin's going with the "my client is so hot rape is impossible" defense, sexual orientations be damned.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

"everyone was just out of frame consensually hearing about all the consensual sexual encounters I was having"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Who is this QB with an insatiable lust for massage?!"

*Rob Zombie's Living Dead Girl hits*

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So his move was let me see your hands, and then filled them with little Deshawns? I don't see how this could ever be consensual.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least two accusers have agreed to meet with the league’s investigator https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2940506-report-at-least-2-deshaun-watson-plaintiffs-agree-to-meet-with-nfl-investigator

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So part of Watsons alleged alibi is a straight up stereotypical male power fantasy about lesbians.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The only thing it's missing is a part where everyone stands up and claps for him.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm honestly surprised we haven't gotten a "my dick is too big to fit" defense yet.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If the dick don’t fit, you must acquit.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/status/1385295665803169794

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

And for some reason they tend to show up more often around people who sexually assault people!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
There should be no doubt this dude is a a guilty sex pest. Who the gently caress would ever possibly think the defense of I nutted on their hands but it was consensual would be something an innocent person would ever say?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/22/deshaun-watson-accused-deleting-texts-status-hearing

quote:

Thursday's status hearing concerning the 22 civil lawsuits filed against Deshaun Watson centered largely around whether or not the opposing sides were hiding information or destroying evidence.

Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, requested the social security and driver's license numbers for four of the women who filed lawsuits against his client during a status hearing Thursday.

Even with all plaintiffs being named in the filings, Hardin said his law firm still does not know who four of the women are due to several of them having the same name.

The judge is expected to rule on the motion by the end of Thursday.

According to the motion filed by Hardin, "when the plaintiffs amended their petitions they failed to provide their known residential addresses, the last three digits of their social security numbers, and the last three digits of their driver's license numbers, which are also required by law."

The filing also states that "Mr. Watson further requests that the plaintiffs be ordered to replead within one business day, and that if any plaintiffs fail to do so, their entire petition be stricken and all claims dismissed with prejudice."

Meanwhile, Tony Buzbee, who represents the plaintiffs, is in pursuit of the Texans quarterback's phone. The attorney is alleging that Watson “unsent” or deleted messages on Instagram. This comes after Hardin previously accused the plaintiffs of altering or deleting messages on social media.

All of the messages are considered evidence in the lawsuits to show whether or not Watson engaged in sexual misconduct.

“Once we get those phones, whether you deleted something or not, Deshaun Watson, we’re going to know everything you’ve ever written and ever said and ever sent,” Buzbee said during a court conference Thursday in Houston. “And the same is true on our side.”

Buzbee said that he sent a letter to Watson's legal team after Hardin's claim, requesting that they preserve both of the star's phones “that I know he owns.”

“And I know that after I sent that letter, Deshaun Watson unsent … his Instagram messages to many of my clients.”

Hardin, however, released a statement later that contradicted Buzbee's claims.

“Deshaun regularly deletes past Instagram messages. That said, he has not deleted any messages since March 15th, the day before the first lawsuit was filed.”

Judge Rabeea Sultan Collier decided not to take further action on the matter after hearing both sides.

“I have full confidence the lawyers understand there are severe penalties in destroying or altering evidence,” she said in Harris County, Texas. “And it sounds as if both sides have sent over preservation of evidence notices to the other side.”

Watson faces 22 civil lawsuits with allegations ranging from refusing to cover his genitals during massages to forcing women to give him oral sex. Additionally, Houston Police Department told Defector's Kalyn Kahler on April 15 that they are not releasing any information except that there are two active criminal investigations pertaining "to an incident of a sexual assault."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Why is he not on the commissioner's exempt list yet?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

There's nothing to exempt, really.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

goodell has several months before he has to actually make a call so he's likely going to wait as long as possible

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Mr. Nice! posted:

Look let's not be too hasty. Maybe some other, bigger scandal happens at some point and we can pretend none of this happened and just move on like we did with ray rice and ray lewis and ben rothslieburger. League officials are working very hard with twitter to get trump his account back, so things are looking good.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
When’s the first date where teams are actually gonna get together?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was curious, and it looks like Vick was never put on the commissioners exempt list until the Eagles signed him

Apr 25 07 - Cops raid his property
July 17 07 - Indicted
July 26 07 - Pleaded Not Guilty
Aug 20 07 - Accepted Plea deal
Aug 24 07 - Suspended indefinitely without pay by the NFL
May 20 09 - Vick released from prison
June 12 09 - Falcons relinquish rights
Aug 13 09 - Eagles sign Vick
Sep 5 09 - Added to the exempt list
Sep 15 09 - activated off the list

I guess it's entirely possible the league sits back and doesn't do anything until he's found guilty. Or if more sponsors start dropping him (it's crazy that so far only 2 have dropped him, and one was just a suspension of the contract).

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

syzpid posted:

I was curious, and it looks like Vick was never put on the commissioners exempt list until the Eagles signed him

Apr 25 07 - Cops raid his property
July 17 07 - Indicted
July 26 07 - Pleaded Not Guilty
Aug 20 07 - Accepted Plea deal
Aug 24 07 - Suspended indefinitely without pay by the NFL
May 20 09 - Vick released from prison
June 12 09 - Falcons relinquish rights
Aug 13 09 - Eagles sign Vick
Sep 5 09 - Added to the exempt list
Sep 15 09 - activated off the list

I guess it's entirely possible the league sits back and doesn't do anything until he's found guilty. Or if more sponsors start dropping him (it's crazy that so far only 2 have dropped him, and one was just a suspension of the contract).

I would imagine a lot of these contracts have some stuff in them about "conviction" or "charges" rather than accusations. The ones that don't are probably the ones that dropped him.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
When a player goes on the exempt list, do they have an avenue for appeal? Goodell can avoid having to go through any of that rigmarole if the Texans cut him before the season gets started.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

General Dog posted:

When a player goes on the exempt list, do they have an avenue for appeal? Goodell can avoid having to go through any of that rigmarole if the Texans cut him before the season gets started.

There is an appeal process but the appeal goes right back to the commissioner's office IIRC.

So it's basically pointless.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

General Dog posted:

The commissioner's exempt list is entirely within Goodell's discretion wtihout any recourse. A player on the exempt list cannot play in games or participate in practice and they do not count against the 53 man roster. They can still go to team facilities and participate in meetings.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

The commissioner's exempt list is entirely within Goodell's discretion wtihout any recourse. A player on the exempt list cannot play in games or participate in practice and they do not count against the 53 man roster. They can still go to team facilities and participate in meetings.

Ah okay. Well, it's still a thing he may have to do, but could possibly still not end up having to do, so there you go.

Doesn't seem like anyone is beating down his door demanding that he do it right now, so he can afford to just sit back and give the old "monitoring the situation" line and see which way the wind blows over the next few months.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

There is an appeal process but the appeal goes right back to the commissioner's office IIRC.

So it's basically pointless.

Thank you for agreeing with Tom Brady.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Given this, if Watson were placed on the exempt list, would there be any practical impact to him at this stage of the offseason? Until Houston starts mini camp it doesn't seem like it would actually change anything. I think the NFL is just circling the wagons / putting their head in the sand / doing other metaphors until they're forced to confront the issue directly.

From Goodell's "what choice results in the most money for the owners" angle, there's no upside to putting Watson on the list yet.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I personally think Watson is definitely a sex creep, but putting him on the exempt list when nothing’s even gone to court yet seems excessive and would definitely result in blowback.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think he will be and should be put on the list, but I didn't/don't expect anything regarding that was ever going to happen as early as pre-draft

It was part of why I was so surprised when he started losing endorsement deals, usually that occurs when it looks like the year's about to start and the player's about to play and they don't want their ads with him airing

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Yeah he's not on the list for 2 reasons

1) all their effort is on the draft
2) the players who have spoken up have been pretty "these bitches are lying" and Roger doesn't want to step into that until there's overwhelming public pressure or Ray Rice level evidence.

The writing is on the wall with his trade market disappearing and the Panthers overpaying for Darnold though. With all that said Goodell should put him on the list.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Watson's kind of on the self-commisioner's exempt list at the moment anyway. He says he's not playing for the Texans again and no one is trading for him.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

There's literally nothing to exempt him from at this point. It's fine to wait.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I personally think Watson is definitely a sex creep, but putting him on the exempt list when nothing’s even gone to court yet seems excessive and would definitely result in blowback.

blowback from who?

Chris James 2 posted:

I think he will be and should be put on the list, but I didn't/don't expect anything regarding that was ever going to happen as early as pre-draft

It was part of why I was so surprised when he started losing endorsement deals, usually that occurs when it looks like the year's about to start and the player's about to play and they don't want their ads with him airing

afaik he's only lost one deal so far

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

There's literally nothing to exempt him from at this point.

at this point it would be mere "virtue signaling" to the "wokists" (I actually agree, nbd to wait)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

indigi posted:

afaik he's only lost one deal so far

Nike, Beats by Dre and Reliant Energy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chris James 2 posted:

Reliant Energy

Nike just put him in time-out. also lol why does Reliant Energy need a QB spokesperson

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

indigi posted:

Nike just put him in time-out. also lol why does Reliant Energy need a QB spokesperson

It was 28 degrees in Texas and people got 20k dollar electric bills, if they were lucky enough to have power.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Also they used to sponsor the Texans stadium, and I think their parent company currently does.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
He took Reliant Energy money? gently caress, exempt him for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

It was 28 degrees in Texas and people got 20k dollar electric bills, if they were lucky enough to have power.

I think it was the little fly-by night suppliers who had the out of control rates with no smoothing, I have Reliant and barely saw a blip with my bill for the freeze.