Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Isn’t what most people mean by tone policing more telling oppressed people to not talk about their oppression in an angry way, “not telling people who are starting a conversation by flying off the handle at you directly to not do that”?

That's a complex subject and it should be noted that it's very easy for someone to recontextualize the former as the latter if you belong to the same group as the people doing the oppression. Thankfully we don't need to examine our own reactions to this too much because the actual substance of Benny the Snake's complaint was addressed and all that remains is bizarre accusations of white supremacy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m not gonna lie, thanks to that bizarre screed now I’m gonna have “the time for forgiveness is over, the time for justice is now” pop into my head whenever there is some kind of minor problem that is quickly addressed.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m not gonna lie, thanks to that bizarre screed now I’m gonna have “the time for forgiveness is over, the time for justice is now” pop into my head whenever there is some kind of minor problem that is quickly addressed.

Like, the rant is so bizarre that it almost feels like something that a chud would write to try and make "sjws" look bad. (As exemplified in that Oppa Homeless Style Sarah Z video.)

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
There is an irony in coming to SA about this, considering admins just semi-recently got rid of a bunch of really problematic poo poo around the site (the 'gas chamber' for example), and there are probably still terrible things floating around the SAclopedia and site literature (please let us know if you find anything truly heinous that we missed btw). If Lemon or anyone had doubled down on the image as "just a joke", and therefor ok, I would stop listening to the podcast and warn others to do the same. But that's not what happened. What happened was that Lemon got defensive, but the issue was quickly resolved, and an apology was made.

Lemon himself should apologize though, if he hasn't already. As a community admin it's part of his role to handle feedback with grace, if not necessarily professionalism. It would be good for him to acknowledge that criticizing tone in a conversation about a hate symbol is, at best, an rear end in a top hat thing to do.

LanceHunter posted:

Like, the rant is so bizarre that it almost feels like something that a chud would write to try and make "sjws" look bad. (As exemplified in that Oppa Homeless Style Sarah Z video.)

To the best of my knowledge benny isn't a chud! I think he means every word of that post. I hope he reconsiders having a dialog instead of trying to whip up a Twitter mob, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It just seems like Lemon was taken off guard by being approached so aggressively by a stranger. An apology for his response would be appreciated, but I get where he's coming from.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sitting Here posted:

To the best of my knowledge benny isn't a chud! I think he means every word of that post. I hope he reconsiders having a dialog instead of trying to whip up a Twitter mob, though.

Ah, well in that case it's just parasocial bullying. And as is always the case with parasocial bullies, there is no possible apology that Lemon could give that would actually be accepted.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
well that's a fine how-do-ya-do

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

confederate flags are not a super funny joke anymore, even ironically. what the gently caress, Lemon

nah
Mar 16, 2009

lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A Moose posted:

confederate flags are not a super funny joke anymore, even ironically. what the gently caress, Lemon

They literally said this and apologized and took it off! It's a 100% solved issue!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

A Moose posted:

Can't believe Lemon could be so cavalier about the alt-right in 2014.

(It was always bad, but come on.)

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 28, 2021

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I mean the fact that it was still up there until someone complained about it. I'm not saying hes alt right or anything, but really? Hey everyone, maybe you should take down any confederate flag imagery you have that's visible to the public in case that didn't already occur to you

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
How often do you think he loads his site's 404 page, and how often did that one come up in the rotation? He probably hadn't seen or thought about it in years.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sham bam bamina! posted:

How often do you think he loads his site's 404 page, and how often did that one come up in the rotation? He probably hadn't seen or thought about it in years.

Yeah, it's really easy for old pages on a site that aren't regularly seen or require a lot of maintaining to slip through the cracks. See:

Sitting Here posted:

There is an irony in coming to SA about this, considering admins just semi-recently got rid of a bunch of really problematic poo poo around the site (the 'gas chamber' for example), and there are probably still terrible things floating around the SAclopedia and site literature (please let us know if you find anything truly heinous that we missed btw). [...]

The mods & admins are actively scrubbing through this site and are still unsure if all the old lovely stuff has been removed.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

LanceHunter posted:

Yeah, it's really easy for old pages on a site that aren't regularly seen or require a lot of maintaining to slip through the cracks. See:

The mods & admins are actively scrubbing through this site and are still unsure if all the old lovely stuff has been removed.

See also: load bearing slurs

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

LanceHunter posted:

Yup. We've spent like a year looking for that poo poo and I'm 1000% sure there's still plenty of stuff that needs to be removed. Which is why we want you to post/PM an admin about it when you find old offensive crap.

Except my posts, we already know those are trash that should be deleted.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

Yup. We've spent like a year looking for that poo poo and I'm 1000% sure there's still plenty of stuff that needs to be removed. Which is why we want you to post/PM an admin about it when you find old offensive crap.

Except my posts, we already know those are trash that should be deleted.

Hey now! I'll have you know that LP was extremely informative about how lovely post war city planning in South Korea was!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I had forgotten about Let's Play SimCity 4: Eminent Domain, Bitches! That's a great Ell Pee

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I was thinking about doing one with my current SC4 region but I am a serial LP abandoner, I think the gotta post pressure wears on me and it makes me stop wanting to play. Glad people enjoyed what I did post tho.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ShellGame posted:

I know what's up with that! After getting some repeated feedback and discussing it with the cast, we decided that we should remove our first 37 or so episodes because their quality is both beneath the standards we now hold ourselves to and has also apparently driven people away! Since we'd rather people listen to our podcast and NOT feel a strong compulsion to stop listening, we chose to just make them unavailable. We're actually working on a project to rerecord some of the old documents so we can retain the content, though that'll ofc take time. We're also gonna be doing a little more additional trimming for a number of reasons, but we're largely where we want to be.

I hope you keep the pencil sharpener part of the Amazon review episode at least. I also liked one of the early ones where the listeners read the descriptions of weird Halloween attractions in Ohio because I always heard their ads on the radio around that time of year and it was a trip to listen to people on the internet finding about them.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

A Moose posted:

so, i'm not sure how far back these are recorded, but did the star seed rap kill DMX? it would be very difficult to prove it didn't!

Possibly murdering Shock G and DMX with space magic is the real reason to cancel the F+

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Possibly murdering Shock G and DMX with space muh-gick is the real reason to cancel the F+

FTFY

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
So Extra Credit dug around in some reviews of a Jamaican sex resort...

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Is the RSS feed not updated yet? I don't see the episode in my podcast subscriptions yet (mostly just asking because I'm about to be without internet and am downloading a stack of episodes).

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

LanceHunter posted:

Is the RSS feed not updated yet? I don't see the episode in my podcast subscriptions yet (mostly just asking because I'm about to be without internet and am downloading a stack of episodes).

It should be. I know bots are picking it up.

I think it updates hourly so I'd check again.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was able to listen just fine. I had to quit at the second or third person complaining about nudity though. It'd be the same as complaining that a movie theater has people eating popcorn.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

ShellGame posted:

It should be. I know bots are picking it up.

I think it updates hourly so I'd check again.

Ah, finally got it! Looking forward to many gross details.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Jay was on loving FIRE this episode.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Wellyswap.avi

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Unfortunately, Bunnybread joked about becoming a penguin at the North Pole, so by the ancient oath I swore to Gary Larson, I must now seek his head.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
YES HELLO I LOVE TO SUCK GUYS

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

there have been a lot of extremely british fetishes on the f plus but i think this might be the most british fetish they've covered

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Djeser posted:

there have been a lot of extremely british fetishes on the f plus but i think this might be the most british fetish they've covered

Golden syrup in Wellington's while wearing a Mack.....yep

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
This episode was a hate crime against my fellow Great British perverts. (And hilarious).

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Anyone know if there's gonna be a 2021 stream?

(Also lol)

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

For some reason, The F Plus is the only podcast that Apple Podcasts doesn't sync the plays between my phone and computer. Thus, after having listened to the latest episode, I'll often get on my computer and see it listed among my unplayed episodes. Which is a nice little bit of encouragement to listen to the new episode again. And I'm glad I did, because on my first listen I missed the way the "wank! wank! wank! wank!" chant was mixed into the closing song.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit revisits an old document.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

It's obviously fun and good to make fun of bardcore BUT I will just point out that it makes for good D&D background music

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

change my name posted:

It's obviously fun and good to make fun of bardcore BUT I will just point out that it makes for good D&D background music

Nice example of badpostcore :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

actually i think you'll find that dungeon synth, the genre tangentially related to atmospheric black metal but focusing entirely on ambiance, is actually both far superior as an artistic medium and has a wider range, encompassing everything from "dino synth" and "comfy synth" to epic fantasy ambient and even synthwave