Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

bulletsponge13 posted:

I watched that video with the 20 second 'glitch' several times- you still hear 1 shot before it cuts out.

I'm so loving disgusted. I didn't act like that, and I'm a loving war criminal.

quote:

Three Pasquotank County sheriff’s deputies resigned Friday in the wake of the fatal shooting of Andrew Brown Jr. in Elizabeth City, officials said. Pasquotank County Sheriff Tommy Wooten confirmed to CBS17 that seven other deputies involved in Brown’s Wednesday death are on administrative leave.

I believe there is other bodycam footage they are pressuring to release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
yeah man i did some heinous poo poo over in Iraq but at least i'm not a cop

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
lol america literally has areas controlled by warlords

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

how sad is it we live in a society where we avoid cops at all costs and literal children probably wouldn't even approach them for help

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
“seven other deputies involved in Brown’s Wednesday death”

Seven

seven

Just a “few” rotten apples and seven of them found themselves hanging out together shooting people without a single good apple among them.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I've also noticed the local PD is now rolling around in a a lot of pickup trucks, which is concerning. Never seen a huge F150 super duty whatever with a cop emblem on the side in my life tbh

Ive seen a bunch of marked cop pickups the last 10 years usually in az tx and tn

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I believe there is other bodycam footage they are pressuring to release

I think it's like four body cameras and a surveillance camera. Current court order is that family gets to see (not share) the footage in 10 days, likely publicly released in 30 days. The DA successfully argued (over sheriff objections) that it should stay sealed in case he wants to file charges. Can't quite tell if the DA is stalling because ACAB or because the footage is as bad as we all think. Local FBI office already started the civil rights investigation.

https://www.wtkr.com/news/judge-hears-arguments-in-hearing-for-release-of-body-camera-footage-in-andrew-brown-jr-case

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

i'm just really wondering how the briefing went

how rotten is a department top-to-bottom that when they're loading up their ski masks and militia kit and talking about their plan not one loving person raises the concern to just how insane it is

Psychopathic murderous poo poo.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

how sad is it we live in a society where we avoid cops at all costs and literal children probably wouldn't even approach them for help

I had to help someone having a no-poo poo medical emergency the other night and when I called 911 I repeatedly stressed AMBULANCE and EMS, and asked bystanders not to flag down a passing cop car. I wasn’t about to involve the cops in a situation with someone with an altered mental status who was spitting up blood and likely undocumented.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Eason the Fifth posted:

yeah man i did some heinous poo poo over in Iraq but at least i'm not a cop

I want to make sure I'm reading your tone correctly, because right now, I'm not in the mood for some smarmy bullshit from someone on the internet.

Just so we are clear, I'm a war criminal by definition, because I threatened Red Cross Employees to save a child's life. Every Law of Warfare that i violated was to save a loving life. Every person I loving hurt or worse forced my loving hand- and even then 99% of the assholes I dealt with went home the next loving day. I've gone hands on with men who were armed, and trying to kill me. I violated laws by snatching a pistol and knocking a man unconscious instead of killing him- something a loving kid shouldn't have to justify to leadership.

If I'm misreading your tone, apologies. If I'm not, eat poo poo and get hepatitis.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Discussion Quorum posted:

https://www.nola.com/news/business/article_b0f98ee6-a782-11eb-9f96-bfdb7e4d7608.html

It technically wasn't his company's boat but that's some little league "BP CEO attends a yacht race" energy :capitalism:

The wealthy aren't even remotely human

CommieGIR posted:

Its like the local Jihadist Militia rolled up on him, not a bunch of Sheriff's Deputies.

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 28, 2021

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

one time I got in a minor fender bender, rear ended someone

dude called the cops for whatever reason. Cop shows up, questions us, then writes me a ticket, and I get a point on my record and increased insurance rates for two years or whatever it was for an at-fault accident with about $500 of damage. Thanks, I guess.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I've also noticed the local PD is now rolling around in a a lot of pickup trucks, which is concerning. Never seen a huge F150 super duty whatever with a cop emblem on the side in my life tbh

I've seen like park rangers and Fish and Wildlife cops drive them but yeah, rarely a local pd. Actually Metro PD in DC has a bunch of trucks they use for traffic management.

Weirdest cop car I've ever seen has to be the Baltimore PD having a Geo Tracker decked out with lights and poo poo.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I know the security forces on JBLM were using unmarked blue Rams as of several years ago.

STLPD is patrolling downtown with brand new loving Wranglers. Wonder how that got justified.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

A Bad Poster posted:

Wonder how that got justified.

lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

"We took this money directly from the local school budget, any objections?"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

bulletsponge13 posted:

I want to make sure I'm reading your tone correctly, because right now, I'm not in the mood for some smarmy bullshit from someone on the internet.

Just so we are clear, I'm a war criminal by definition, because I threatened Red Cross Employees to save a child's life. Every Law of Warfare that i violated was to save a loving life. Every person I loving hurt or worse forced my loving hand- and even then 99% of the assholes I dealt with went home the next loving day. I've gone hands on with men who were armed, and trying to kill me. I violated laws by snatching a pistol and knocking a man unconscious instead of killing him- something a loving kid shouldn't have to justify to leadership.

If I'm misreading your tone, apologies. If I'm not, eat poo poo and get hepatitis.

fwiw I am glad to know you (even if only by rando internet things)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Giuliani talked to the media!

https://twitter.com/KyleMazzaWUNF/status/1387500478569852938

Yep, it was the failson Giuliani, because Rudy has a Grand Jury active against him and they're raiding/subpoenaing people even I've never heard of:

https://twitter.com/Santucci/status/1387506227844898821

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

Giuliani talked to the media!

https://twitter.com/KyleMazzaWUNF/status/1387500478569852938

Yep, it was the failson Giuliani, because Rudy has a Grand Jury active against him and they're raiding/subpoenaing people even I've never heard of:

https://twitter.com/Santucci/status/1387506227844898821

His loving face lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh he just looks like that

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Stravag posted:

Ive seen a bunch of marked cop pickups the last 10 years usually in az tx and tn

A lot of PDs switched to the Explorer / F-150 since the Crown Vic was retired by Ford.

It's usually an intersection between those vehicles having factory standard police packages, and a lot of places already having Ford certified mechanics in the local town vehicle shop. Also, they have the most room in the backseat as compared to other cars.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
If the State of Georgia fucks up the Ahmaud Arbery case (the black jogger that got tracked down and killed by racists, one a former cop), the Feds are standing by.

https://twitter.com/johnson_carrie/status/1387509664636669956

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Untagged posted:

A lot of PDs switched to the Explorer / F-150 since the Crown Vic was retired by Ford.

It's usually an intersection between those vehicles having factory standard police packages, and a lot of places already having Ford certified mechanics in the local town vehicle shop. Also, they have the most room in the backseat as compared to other cars.

It's mostly just because cops want to look down on other people, and no one is going to tell them to stay on a budget. Same basic reason suburban dads buy pickup trucks or SUVs.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What does it say when I can probably guess someone’s entire identity just because they tried to kidnap and ended up killing a black dude?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I had to help someone having a no-poo poo medical emergency the other night and when I called 911 I repeatedly stressed AMBULANCE and EMS, and asked bystanders not to flag down a passing cop car. I wasn’t about to involve the cops in a situation with someone with an altered mental status who was spitting up blood and likely undocumented.

this just bums me out. 5-10 years ago when I was a perfect law-abiding citizen, I might have said this was ridiculous to not include them. Never mind the increasing distrust and realizing their real motives--the amount of times cops have killed those clearly suffering a mental health episode, and or their caretakers, is just bummer city

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's mostly just because cops want to look down on other people, and no one is going to tell them to stay on a budget. Same basic reason suburban dads buy pickup trucks or SUVs.

lmao

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 28, 2021

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

bulletsponge13 posted:

No man that wasn't sarcasm. Over and over again I'm seeing cops treat Americans way worse than the way we were trained to treat (and did treat) Iraqi POWs during the invasion. Not that I need to tell you or anyone else in GiP, but Jesus Christ -- when cops treat Americans worse than Marines treated enemy combatants, poo poo is immensely loving bad.

Sorry for the blood pressure rise if you took that the wrong way. I'm on your side here. :glomp:

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 28, 2021

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I love failson Giuliani screaming about the laptop that is most likely not Hunter Biden's laptop.

And people think this moron hid all the evidence.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm grateful that we get so much video of this poo poo from different angles. You can't ignore the poo poo when it's in front of your face. Chauvin would have never been charged if there wasn't a 10 minute video of him with with his knee on a man's neck.

The tragic part is this poo poo isn't loving new - white people are just finally seeing it.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Eason the Fifth posted:

No man that wasn't sarcasm. Over and over again I'm seeing cops treat Americans way worse than the way we were trained to treat Iraqi POWs during the invasion. Not that I need to tell you or anyone else in GiP, but Jesus Christ -- when cops treat Americans worse than Marines treated enemy combatants, poo poo is immensely loving bad.

Sorry for the blood pressure rise if you took that the wrong way. I'm on your side here. :glomp:

My bad, I came out a little hot.The older I get the more it loving hurts to see what this country is. :glomp:

We put literal children in countries where they don't speak the language, and every loving person has a gun, and they do a better job. Not saying they are perfect by any means, but god dammit, cops are supposed to be loving professional.

I'll be the first to say in my heart I'm not a good person, but my flaws don't need to breed more. I ain't never been mean for the sake of being mean. I endeavored to treat everyone as people first, no matter the situation unless you force me otherwise. As I know I'm fond of saying- the role of the Infantry isn't "locate, close with, and destroy"- it is the controlled and purposeful execution of violence to achieve a goal, and violence is a spectrum going from words on up. I always tried words first. I am upholding MY end of the social contract, and that means not being a raging dickhead, and taking hits. I got paid to get hurt so that someone else didn't- it's what's called loving service to humanity. I wasn't some perfect paragon of being a trooper. There were many, many times when I could have handled things better. (That dude I knocked out for trying to pull a cocked and locked TT33 clone on ne comes to mind, as does the Iraqi cop I busted up for starting what looked like a draw stroke during a confrontation with soldiers. Neither of them were ones I escalated first, but blows to the head, face, and neck region are bad for you)

I'm just old and bitter and angry because I haven't slept a full night since 14 Feb 03, and every god drat thing I did was so I could sleep with myself at the end of the day, and these cocksuckers are murdering their charges with impunity.

That Works posted:

fwiw I am glad to know you (even if only by rando internet things)

It sounds trite, but thank you. I really appreciate out toxic little family in GIP. It's also nice to know that I can vent some horrific poo poo and the group is pretty loving supportive. It's also nice to be able to share incidents and stories that sound insane or tragic without feeling a real sense of judgement as I have in other arenas.

bulletsponge13 fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 28, 2021

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

A Bad Poster posted:

I don't see how you can describe a truck rolling around like that as anything but a death squad.

Yea that was the term that immediately popped into my head :stare:

e] It always blows my mind how it's just accepted that cops have like, zero roe or even any sort of escalation of force guidelines even compared to soldiers invading & occupying foreign countries.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 28, 2021

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

That Works posted:

You know this story upholds my own personal axiom of "It's never good when your small hometown makes the news". I grew up near Venice, LA and we were ground zero for Katrina, the closest town to the DeepWater Horizon spill, this bullshit, etc.

They blew up a sperm whale with dynamite in mine once!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My Hometown got The Wire made about it.:smuggo:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Mine spawned Justin Bieber

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bulletsponge13 posted:

My Hometown got The Wire made about it.:smuggo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj7a-p4psRA

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Elizabeth City is about an hour away from Windsor, VA from last month, both are exurbs of Norfolk.

I was unclear why the cops were showing up at Andrew Brown's home so I found this article (carolinapublicpress.org). They had a search warrant and two(?) arrest warrants.

quote:

In the application for the warrant, [Albemarle Drug Task Force investigator, D. Ryan] Meads stated that he received information from the Dare County Narcotics Task Force regarding the alleged sale of illegal drugs by Brown.

Meads wrote that a Dare County agent, R.D. Johnson, received information from a confidential informant who claimed to have purchased drugs from Brown on several occasions for more than a year. According to the application, Dare County agents recorded the confidential informant allegedly purchasing cocaine from Brown on March 17 and methamphetamine on March 29.

The application also stated that Meads met with a confidential source who claimed to have purchased crack cocaine from Brown.

The first alleged event led to a warrant for two counts: one count of possession with intent to sell or deliver a schedule II narcotic, 3 grams of cocaine; and one count of keeping and maintaining a vehicle for keeping and selling a controlled substance. The warrant listed the vehicle as a 2004 BMW 745LI.

The second arrest warrant showed two similar charges from an alleged incident on March 29: one count of possession with intent to sell or deliver a schedule I narcotic, 3 grams of methamphetamine; and one count of keeping and maintaining a vehicle for keeping and selling a controlled substance. The vehicle listed was a white Chrysler 300.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I did not hear this part of those Georgia guys, I mean I already knew they murdered him, but the loving cop shows up and says this poo poo

https://twitter.com/QasimRashid/status/1387533839157932034?s=20

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

bulletsponge13 posted:

It sounds trite, but thank you. I really appreciate out toxic little family in GIP. It's also nice to know that I can vent some horrific poo poo and the group is pretty loving supportive. It's also nice to be able to share incidents and stories that sound insane or tragic without feeling a real sense of judgement as I have in other arenas.

GiP is literally the only good veterans forum on the internet and the major reason I still visit SA (this coming from a dude who's first account was in 2003). Everywhere else is goddamn chud central.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

I did not hear this part of those Georgia guys, I mean I already knew they murdered him, but the loving cop shows up and says this poo poo

https://twitter.com/QasimRashid/status/1387533839157932034?s=20

Is this person still a cop, or facing any consequences at all? Pretty sure I know the answer before asking, just want to make sure.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Yea that was the term that immediately popped into my head :stare:

e] It always blows my mind how it's just accepted that cops have like, zero roe or even any sort of escalation of force guidelines even compared to soldiers invading & occupying foreign countries.

The right wing doesn't want ROE for invasions and occupations of foreign countries either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

My town's in the news for a cop killing right now, too--and the silver lining is that it looks like it's "only" negligent homicide rather than RWDS poo poo.