Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Lord_Magmar posted:

As discussed previously, Adam is probably more based on Adam Kadmon, not Adam and Eve. Which fits his plan being helping everyone ascend to a "higher" plane of existence as beings of pure thought given shape. Adam and Eve Adam would probably be trying to purge humanity and revive Carmen to start from scratch.

Nah, I’m 99% sure he’s not based on Adam Kadmon. I have a reason for this but will hold off until the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Blenderkitty posted:

I'm sure she'll be totally fine with the end of the cycle, whatever it turns out to be.

"I guess I'm not needed anymore! Time to die!", she'll say and then peacefully self-deactivate. Nothing to worry about, y'all.

Wait, I know how this goes, Carmen shows up trying to give a book to Gebura, only for Gebura to get blasted into a coma so she has to give the book to Tiphereth inst-wait poo poo wrong series.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021
Amazing how these various splinters of A, you wonder which one of them has the appearance of the true A. When the fact is, the true A has always been you the whole time.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
I’m just over here waiting for the update to hit so I can see how L-Corp inevitably tops day 49 in difficulty

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The real question is teequeue going to show us day 49 without losses? :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Acerbatus posted:

The real question is teequeue going to show us day 49 without losses? :v:

To do that I would have to build an entirely new facility from scratch, custom for the purpose.

Do I really want to play through the ENTIRE GAME for a fourth time just for one day?

No seriously I don’t actually know the answer to that question yet. I’ll see how I’m feeling when I get closer to being at 100%.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TeeQueue posted:

To do that I would have to build an entirely new facility from scratch, custom for the purpose.

Do I really want to play through the ENTIRE GAME for a fourth time just for one day?

No seriously I don’t actually know the answer to that question yet. I’ll see how I’m feeling when I get closer to being at 100%.

Perhaps as a showcase after the post about the remaining abnormalities, even if you don't show the no deaths you could show the abnormality selection you'd make for it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I still can't get over how Sephiroth died.

I guess he wasn't safer after all. :(

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...

Kith posted:

I still can't get over how Sephiroth died.

I guess he wasn't safer after all. :(

We don't *really* know what happens to people who get sucked into the vortex. Maybe he's hangin' out with Gilgamesh in the X-Zone now!

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

DrKirre posted:

We don't *really* know what happens to people who get sucked into the vortex. Maybe he's hangin' out with Gilgamesh in the X-Zone now!

That is one upside of being a JRPG villain - if you don't have a big dramatic death scene and there isn't a body, you're definitely not dead.

And in LobCorp, death is just unpaid vacation time anyway.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Honestly, with X having to deal with a megalomaniac, self involved pretty boy with a god complex on his chat the whole time, it was perhaps inevitable his finger slipped.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Really all that happened was that Sephiroth got invited to Smash. It’s pretty hosed up that he bailed on work for it. Didn’t even give a two weeks either.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

OneDeadman posted:

Really all that happened was that Sephiroth got invited to Smash. It’s pretty hosed up that he bailed on work for it. Didn’t even give a two weeks either.

And now I'm stuck visualizing every Smash character getting an invite via bullet to the head. Guess this explains something about Persona 5; Akechi didn't betray Joker after all, he was just delivering his invitation!

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

The fact that there wasn’t an update on Monday or Tuesday is probably a sign that Day 50 really really sucks, doesn’t it.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The fact that we all haven't died, been turned into abominations and or been placed under servitude by AI masters means that TQ won at least. Right?

... Right? :ohdear:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the Orb of Zot posted:

The fact that there wasn’t an update on Monday or Tuesday is probably a sign that Day 50 really really sucks, doesn’t it.

I mean, regardless of what happens it probably needs a lot of write up

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
It turns out there’s just a lot to write. I think I’m going to roll out day 50 gameplay and the credits right next to each other, as well. :shepface:

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

the Orb of Zot posted:

This bit is getting old.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure Orb of Zot is completely blind on endgame, so I don't think it's a bit.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

I was more referring to just making the same comment over and over, but I guess I was being cranky for no reason. Sorry about that.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Well, finally caught up after letting this drop for a while. Great thread, both from TeeQueue and the posters. Now to buckle down for the finale.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

eternaldough posted:

I was more referring to just making the same comment over and over, but I guess I was being cranky for no reason. Sorry about that.

Don’t worry about it
In this case it was just a comment on how Day 50 is apparently a big enough deal that the LP won’t update again until a week after the story lead-in
Also kind of proof that I spend too much time pressing F5 in this thread.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

the Orb of Zot posted:

Same man. Same.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Just do what TeeQue did when they wanted to stop hitting the spacebar to pause - remove the F5 Key.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

berryjon posted:

Just do what TeeQue did when they wanted to stop hitting the spacebar to pause - remove the F5 Key.

New life hack to keep yourself productive: Play Hokma's boss music on loop and play the BONG noise he makes when he kills your employees whenever you open a new tab.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

the Orb of Zot posted:

Don’t worry about it
In this case it was just a comment on how Day 50 is apparently a big enough deal that the LP won’t update again until a week after the story lead-in

:same:
Can't even limit it to checking once a day.
Really really eager to see the ending of this, tbh. I know the general strokes since Ruina kinda spoils things, but I've never actually seen Day 50 be played, and I'm interested in both that in general and just... You know, more from Teequeue's characters?

Blenderkitty
May 6, 2004

dog dog dog dog dog dog dog
Biscuit Hider

Doobeedoo posted:

Really really eager to see the ending of this, tbh. I know the general strokes since Ruina kinda spoils things, but I've never actually seen Day 50 be played, and I'm interested in both that in general and just... You know, more from Teequeue's characters?

+1 to that. LC is an interesting game with really interesting lore, but on top of that, this has been a really good LP. How can people do all this work without getting paid for it?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Blenderkitty posted:

+1 to that. LC is an interesting game with really interesting lore, but on top of that, this has been a really good LP. How can people do all this work without getting paid for it?

I legit wonder how many people got introduced to the LC universe through this LP.

I never heard of the game beforehand (and tbf LC itself isn't really my kind of game), but this LP has been great, and a large reason I got Ruina (just waiting for day 50 to start before I boot it up), and am looking forward to what I hear the other sequels are.

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!

Doobeedoo posted:

:emptyquote:

This game has been fantastic to read.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Deki posted:

I legit wonder how many people got introduced to the LC universe through this LP.

I never heard of the game beforehand (and tbf LC itself isn't really my kind of game), but this LP has been great, and a large reason I got Ruina (just waiting for day 50 to start before I boot it up), and am looking forward to what I hear the other sequels are.

I'd heard of it ages ago but never really got interested in playing it until the LP

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

The big thing for me was the previously terrible English translation. Really killed my interest in it beyond a quick wiki dive one afternoon that I'd long since forgotten. Though in hindsight, I am glad I didn't get the game back then. With how bad my anxiety was back then, I think LC would have made my brain explode.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
+1 bought it and library because of this thread

Mecha_Face
Dec 17, 2016
I bought Library of Ruina because I knew LC just wasn’t the kind of game I could continue playing. I didn’t really wait, but I’m not going to say a single thing about how I feel about Library or what it’s like. EVERYTHING is a spoiler.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Mecha_Face posted:

I bought Library of Ruina because I knew LC just wasn’t the kind of game I could continue playing. I didn’t really wait, but I’m not going to say a single thing about how I feel about Library or what it’s like. EVERYTHING is a spoiler.

Same. All I'm gonna say is that I can't wait until TeeQueue starts LPing it.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
There's a hilariously loony tunes mod for Slay the Spire based on Lobotomy Corporation which is totally worth playing just for the spectacle of the mod author beating StS' engine into submission. That's how I first heard about LC.

(Someone also made a much better mod based on Library of Ruina, which I don't recommend at all unless you're caught up on LoR because it hard spoils every endgame plot twist)

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Reiterpallasch posted:

There's a hilariously loony tunes mod for Slay the Spire based on Lobotomy Corporation which is totally worth playing just for the spectacle of the mod author beating StS' engine into submission. That's how I first heard about LC.

(Someone also made a much better mod based on Library of Ruina, which I don't recommend at all unless you're caught up on LoR because it hard spoils every endgame plot twist)

To give an idea of how crazy the mod gets, the Shelter is a random encounter.

You can stay in it to heal as many times as you want, but after 4 or so heals the Shelter deletes a card from your deck with each heal.

There is nothing stopping you from wiping out your entire deck if you don't notice this.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

BisbyWorl posted:

To give an idea of how crazy the mod gets, the Shelter is a random encounter.

You can stay in it to heal as many times as you want, but after 4 or so heals the Shelter deletes a card from your deck with each heal.

There is nothing stopping you from wiping out your entire deck if you don't notice this.

Well, it makes sense from the story standpoint: the more time you spend there, the more dangerous perspective of going outside seems. And of course :lobcorp: : knowledge is pain plus observation.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
Also, WhiteNight is there, and can either turn you into an Apostle or let you fight against a 999 hp boss.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It's also worth remembering that losing cards in your deck is potentially very helpful depending on build, so the Shelter keeps its one use case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Lord_Magmar posted:

It's also worth remembering that losing cards in your deck is potentially very helpful depending on build, so the Shelter keeps its one use case.

yeah, I was about to say, if that happens on floor 2 you're basically set for the rest of the run.