Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rynoto posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a steam release with a rating this low

It's now the lowest ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Been a while since we got a "lost my faith in humanity" tier meltdown.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

StealthArcher posted:

oh my god

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Is that guy trying to argue that the expansion was good actually?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

StealthArcher posted:

<ranthere.jpg>

It's the small 'Downvote the post' that made me decide that this isn't a joke post which elevates it to a much funnier level.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

how do you anthropomorphize someone who is already human (i presume ddrjake is in fact human)

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Games > Europa Universalis 4: Leviathan - This is a game for autism,

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

The best part is that DDRJake doesn't even work at paradox anymore.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yes, he has completed his destiny as the once and future streamer

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Fun bug from the paradox forums

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Finally, a true stateless society :anarchists:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

PittTheElder posted:

Is that guy trying to argue that the expansion was good actually?

No one knows because no one on this planet has read it in its entirety.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010

Wafflecopper posted:

I think I just had that exact bug happen to my Ayutthaya game. My vassals had been strangely passive during my latest war, so I saved and quit to menu, hoping that would wake them up. Lo and behold, my save now has no states anywhere in the world, nor does my autosaves or the cloudbackup.

Annoying. But at least I'd gotten far enough to vassalize most of non-burman continental SEA, so that game was as won as a PDX game gets.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

StealthArcher posted:

"johan give me the money, I can make a better DLC than you"

that's quite bold, if nothing else.

also,

Wafflecopper posted:

Games > Europa Universalis 4: Leviathan - This is a game for autism, not your little bug perfect clean masterpiece

but with the full quote because :discourse:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

The leviathan was that post all along

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

Wafflecopper posted:

Had this happen to me too. Killed an amazing Dai Viet game I was playing all day.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Games > Europa Universalis 4: Leviathan - Paradox Tinto turned out to be Tonto

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Welp.

So they fixed the most immediately glaring bugs and they nerfed some of the most obviously OP stuff. I still expect there will be more "rebalancing" to come soon, along with more bugfixes.

Trying a chill Portugal game to see how things are changing (well, it was GOING to be chill, but I wound up almost immediately stabbing Castille in the back). Seems like expanding in the colonial regions is going to be hella faster and easier now. Because: Fight some nomadic tribe that has several provinces of tribal land, and you can take those provinces in the peace deal, and they become fully settled and you can just core them up and there you go. You might not even have to siege their capitals all the way down, just get enough war score so they'll give you that clay to leave them alone. Then let them live and migrate some more and generate some more tribal-land provinces so you can do it again later.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
This fast colonization only sounds unbalanced till you remember that it's balanced by the fact that occasionally whole map can turn unsettled.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Am I right in remembering that Paradox announced their new studio in Barcelona on like the very next day after agreeing a collective bargaining agreement with their Swedish employees?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

TorakFade posted:

"johan give me the money, I can make a better DLC than you"

that's quite bold, if nothing else.

i believe you've misunderstood that post, but that's fine. the important takeaway is that this guy has totally lost his mind.

(he's actually offering to give johan millions of his money, that he believes he will make at some point in the future, because he thinks the dlc is perfect in every way and he wants more, i think?)

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

ilitarist posted:

This fast colonization only sounds unbalanced till you remember that it's balanced by the fact that occasionally whole map can turn unsettled.

Yeah. But seriously; it's 1512 and I have colonial nations in Brazil, eastern America and Canada (the latter with well over 10 provinces, the two first will very soon get there), and soon in the Caribbean (where there are no natives to conquer). And my dudes stand ready to start invading the Mesomericans.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Another small update, no patch notes yet.

I don't envy the devs, they probably work their asses off right now.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
Completely unrelated: the AI now seems to enjoy releasing vassals from their own core territory. Couple of early games now I've seen England release Northumberland, and Ming release several Chinese minors. For no readily apparent reason, neither of them was losing any wars or anything.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Groke posted:

Completely unrelated: the AI now seems to enjoy releasing vassals from their own core territory. Couple of early games now I've seen England release Northumberland, and Ming release several Chinese minors. For no readily apparent reason, neither of them was losing any wars or anything.

I think they increased the weight on that decision if they are overextended, not sure if it is working as intended.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
Hey, they added a warning thingy for when an enemy is trying to invade you from the sea. Nice.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
Also, did it use to be possible to vassalize an enemy when you're using the Humiliation CB? Because it seems to be enabled now. (Although you can't both humiliate and vassalize the same tag in the same peace deal.)

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

i believe you've misunderstood that post, but that's fine. the important takeaway is that this guy has totally lost his mind.

(he's actually offering to give johan millions of his money, that he believes he will make at some point in the future, because he thinks the dlc is perfect in every way and he wants more, i think?)

Oh.

That is so absurd it didn't even register in my mind, and makes the whole meltdown even more delicious, thanks

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Haha it seems like you can cancel and start monuments in other nations.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

at this point i think it'd be easier to list the things that aren't broken

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Wafflecopper posted:

Games > Europa Universalis 4: Leviathan - Downvote the post and stay mad

The Battle Axe
Mar 30, 2011

On top of the map images posted already, a friend and I tried a multiplayer game last night. I had to rehost and when I loaded the save (including the auto saves) I got this as my map:

https://i.imgur.com/SE33D8M.mp4

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
The fact that the DLC is still in the top sellers list on Steam and that the number of reviews are increasing (but the average score is not) says a lot about people who buy, play and complain about Paradox games and Paradox's DLC policy.

You'd think the terrible score would stop people from buying the DLC at least until it's fixed, but I guess Paradox fans are a strange breed of people.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Groke posted:

Also, did it use to be possible to vassalize an enemy when you're using the Humiliation CB? Because it seems to be enabled now. (Although you can't both humiliate and vassalize the same tag in the same peace deal.)

Pretty sure it wasn't. That makes the "immediately vassalize Byzantium" strat for people like Venice and Genoa way easier because you can avoid having to no-CB.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

AG3 posted:

The fact that the DLC is still in the top sellers list on Steam and that the number of reviews are increasing (but the average score is not) says a lot about people who buy, play and complain about Paradox games and Paradox's DLC policy.

You'd think the terrible score would stop people from buying the DLC at least until it's fixed, but I guess Paradox fans are a strange breed of people.

Can’t know how poo poo it is unless you pay $20 to find out!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ilitarist posted:

Another small update, no patch notes yet.

I don't envy the devs, they probably work their asses off right now.

alas if only they had taken the time to release a working product

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AG3 posted:

Some of that could be attributed to people who buy on release regardless not looking at the review rating or whatever, but yeah it is still strange.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Raskolnikov38 posted:

alas if only they had taken the time to release a working product

It's either devs were oblivious or secretive about the state of the product they're going release, or the management told them to release it anyway rightfully expecting it to sell well. What seems more likely to you?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

code:
Canst thou smooth out leviathan with a patch? or his bugs with a code which thou typest down?

2 Canst thou put an nation into his map? or bore his art through with a blank?

3 Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak [YES] unto thee?

4 Will he make an alliance with thee? wilt thou take him for a vassal for ever?

5 Wilt thou play with him as with a game? or wilt thou bind him in irons for thy cheevos?

6 Shall the forums make a laughingstock of him? shall they part him among the shitposters?

7 Canst thou fill his bars with mana? or his missions with empty space?

8 Lay thine hand upon him, remember the fort movement mechanics, do no more.

9 Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not one game be able to complete at the sight of him?

10 None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to develop thy capital?

11 Who hath prevented me, that I should repay loans? whosoever disbands thy army and releaseth Northumberland is mine.

12 I will not conceal his armies, nor his power, nor his comely proportion.

13 Who can discover the americas? or who can come to them without natives of infinite growth?

14 Who can open the menus without crashes? his images are a terrible blank space.

15 His exploits are his pride, shown up eternal as each one is outdone again.

16 One nation is so near to another, that they become the same, as do all on the map.

17 They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be loaded.

18 By his reviews a light doth shine, and his purchases are like the eyelids of the morning.

19 Out of buyer's mouths go burning embers, and yet their money leaps out.

20 Out of the reviews goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.

21 Britain would kindleth coals, and yet it can never be reached.

22 In the expansion remaineth strength, and joy is turned into sorrow before it.

23 The flakes of his excuses are joined together: they are firm in themselves; they cannot be believed.

24 His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as getting a new victoria.

25 When he raiseth up himself, the batshit are afraid: by reason of narcissism do they maketh great ramblings .

26 The sword of rants that layeth at him cannot hold: the downvote, the mad, nor the Tinto Team.

27 He esteemeth polish as waste, and stability as child's delusions.

28 The response cannot make him flee: rebuttals are turned in his mind to offal.

29 Glitches are counted as divine: he laugheth at the corruption of a save.

30 Sharp stones are under him: he desireth them there, as he shall prove his devotion.

31 He maketh his balls to boil like a pot: he speweth on the forums like a pot of ointment.

32 He maketh a path to shine after him; not one would think to follow such glory.

33 Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear.

34 He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all of pride.
Europa Univeralis IV: Canst thou smooth out Leviathan with a patch?

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Apr 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Jazerus posted:

hey johan could you please send a missionary to the stellaris team to convert them to your new religion of "bugfixing before features"??

Been awhile since I visited the thread and so skipped ahead at random. This was the page/post I landed on.
Portrait of a dev, moments before disaster.