Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Make a Wiremill as soon as you get to LV. And a Bending Machine. Together they let you go from 2 ingots = 1 wire to 1 ingot = 2 wires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

will do! i think thats the first quest in early game omnifactory.

hope you all dont mind me liveblogging my way through this poo poo

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

FPzero posted:

Make a Wiremill as soon as you get to LV. And a Bending Machine. Together they let you go from 2 ingots = 1 wire to 1 ingot = 2 wires.
There's no bending machine in Omnifactory, a lot of the components (bending cylinders, curved plates, etc) were taken out. I think what you want is a compressor for plates.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Oh I thought they were playing GTNH. I wasn't paying close enough attention.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah i heard omnifactory was a sliiiightly less grindy early game.

ive read that GT:NH is insanely grindy.

maybe ill do that next. Though some of the skyblocks sound neat like PO3 or agrarian skies

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

queeb posted:

ive read that GT:NH is insanely grindy.

It is, but you can do a few things to reduce the grind significantly. The biggest thing to do is to cheat in an end-game ore scanner. I also make liberal use of the command to set thaumcraft warp to 0.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
I started up an Omnifactory game after completing Break Out and like, I am torn. I would love a pack centered on automation and teaching you how to do it but on the other hand, I have never used IC2 and at this point I am too stubborn to learn.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

well i havent found salt yet i need for this quest but i DID find a diamond vein

im rich

ediT: and theyre gone

queeb fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 29, 2021

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I've also been playin Omnifactory. I'll take a SS of my base at another point, but it's great, machines everywhere. I'm definitely not playing it exactly right, I do a bit too much manually and don't have full parallel automaton for some stuff I probably should. But I have broken past some of the old habits of building as little as possible to conserve resources and have definitely gotten better at automating things and processing chains. It does get choice paralysis-y in the what do I spend my play time doing, so my stuff is pretty scattered.

Especially with the way I've been playing, and the way Omni is structured, I have minimal stuff above HV even as I am working on "end game." I'm currently working on tier seven microminers. I didn't make EV plentifully enough to fully switch over, and mostly just made the required machines for IV, LuV, ZPM, and UV. I have so many HV machine automation subsets that I don't care to upgrade, so everything above has mostly been just niche things. Which I'll say, the questing does really fall off at the end. It's just make circuits, make microminers, make stuff to support those goals. Still, I'm creeping ever closer to "finishing."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

OniPanda posted:

I've also been playin Omnifactory. I'll take a SS of my base at another point, but it's great, machines everywhere. I'm definitely not playing it exactly right, I do a bit too much manually and don't have full parallel automaton for some stuff I probably should. But I have broken past some of the old habits of building as little as possible to conserve resources and have definitely gotten better at automating things and processing chains. It does get choice paralysis-y in the what do I spend my play time doing, so my stuff is pretty scattered.

Especially with the way I've been playing, and the way Omni is structured, I have minimal stuff above HV even as I am working on "end game." I'm currently working on tier seven microminers. I didn't make EV plentifully enough to fully switch over, and mostly just made the required machines for IV, LuV, ZPM, and UV. I have so many HV machine automation subsets that I don't care to upgrade, so everything above has mostly been just niche things. Which I'll say, the questing does really fall off at the end. It's just make circuits, make microminers, make stuff to support those goals. Still, I'm creeping ever closer to "finishing."
It's amazing how unlocking the creative fluid tank is not the 99% mark in terms of progress, like I expected it to be.
It's probably closer to the 60% mark.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Vib Rib posted:

It's amazing how unlocking the creative fluid tank is not the 99% mark in terms of progress, like I expected it to be.
It's probably closer to the 60% mark.

I knew there was gonna be a slog at the end to cross the finish line, cause I'm definitely not prepared for a lot of the materials. The text for the mote of omnium foreshadows that. Still, that's more of a gap than I thought, hurray

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

McFrugal posted:

Pretty sure EnderIO conduits can check metadata like damaged/undamaged.
I did some experiments. The advanced ones can filter on various 25 percentiles of damage as well as any damage or no damage. It has to be done with respect to a blacklist/whitelisted item, so I need to specify all the items I want to test. I can't directly just filter out any damaged item: blank whitelist, any damage. I don't think blank blacklist, no damage worked either for a blanket filter. Nothing did anything like I'd expect unless I started listing items in the filter.

My setup also seems to be throwing out everything right now whether damaged or not, so I don't think I have it completely right. I think it has to do with priorities because it seemed like it worked fine in a simple chest-to-chest experiment.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i got my first wiremill in omnifactory.

my god, no more plates and wirecutters

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I did it:

snad farm to fill up my 1 steam dynamo!

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

queeb posted:

I did it:

snad farm to fill up my 1 steam dynamo!

Are you running some kind of lighting mod?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I've always previously leaned on Thermal Dynamics ducts for more complicated sorting scenarios and now I'm struggling with EnderIO conduit filtering and priorities for a mob farm. It's very fond of my -10 priority insertion into a trash can that's pretty much first in line for processing. That's supposed to be my fallback. I was under the impression that higher numbers are going to be favored over lower numbers, and I don't see anything that states distance matters. However, some inserts filtered for just basic items (gold ingots, iron ingots, ender pearls) with a priority of 50 on the same line don't appear to get any attention.

I also have a filters into a separate section for undamaged gear that I can recycle, but it doesn't receive anything. The trash is set up with -10 priority advanced filters for the basic gear types, ignoring metadata, any damage. Does any damage also mean zero damage? I am trying to filter into the processing line using basic filters set for the gear, ignoring metadata, at priority 50. My fear was that damaged gear would wind up there. Instead, nothing winds up there.

I'm inspecting this by replacing the trash can with a chest and watching what rolls into there. Basically, everything is rolling into there now that my overfill storage is full. Well, mostly full. There are actually a few chests on the end that don't get any attention. Their priorities are zero, they are set to insert, and they don't have filters. This makes me think that distance does matter for priority.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I've always previously leaned on Thermal Dynamics ducts for more complicated sorting scenarios and now I'm struggling with EnderIO conduit filtering and priorities for a mob farm. It's very fond of my -10 priority insertion into a trash can that's pretty much first in line for processing. That's supposed to be my fallback. I was under the impression that higher numbers are going to be favored over lower numbers, and I don't see anything that states distance matters. However, some inserts filtered for just basic items (gold ingots, iron ingots, ender pearls) with a priority of 50 on the same line don't appear to get any attention.

I also have a filters into a separate section for undamaged gear that I can recycle, but it doesn't receive anything. The trash is set up with -10 priority advanced filters for the basic gear types, ignoring metadata, any damage. Does any damage also mean zero damage? I am trying to filter into the processing line using basic filters set for the gear, ignoring metadata, at priority 50. My fear was that damaged gear would wind up there. Instead, nothing winds up there.

I'm inspecting this by replacing the trash can with a chest and watching what rolls into there. Basically, everything is rolling into there now that my overfill storage is full. Well, mostly full. There are actually a few chests on the end that don't get any attention. Their priorities are zero, they are set to insert, and they don't have filters. This makes me think that distance does matter for priority.

Two things: make sure every output face is set to insert-- by default it's extract. Secondly make sure everything is the right channel color.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

McFrugal posted:

Two things: make sure every output face is set to insert-- by default it's extract. Secondly make sure everything is the right channel color.

Also apparently round robin mode defeats priorities, so try turning that off

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
It really looks like distance factors into it. I didn't see anything with round robin nor did I do anything goofy with channels. Direction was okay too.

I relocated my trash to be after my "keep" stuff and that secured consistent filtering of the stuff I wanted to keep regardless of priority. Before this, the trash was basically first in line. I had a chest a little further away that was "overflow." I was using it at a neutral (zero) priority to load up on stuff I'm not outright filtering yet. The idea is after overflow is full, whatever else I can't manage just gets trashed. This overflow chest wasn't getting loaded at all until I increased its priority above zero. The insertion filters to the trash were -10. With the trash further away than the keep stuff, basic items started to work.

I found bumping up priorities even higher seemed to have some effect to getting some items over to the recycling/processing line. In particular, I think potions were going over because I didn't have any other rules for them; they don't take damage so I don't have to worry about it.

I have a logical problem with damaged items. I'm trying to trash all damaged items, but damage is metadata. I want to ignore enchantments; the macerator can chomp on gear just fine regardless of enchantment, but it cannot accept damaged data. If I ignore metadata, I also ignore damage, and damaged items queue up for the macerator--which the macerator cannot take.

The damage settings on the filter give me a range of 25%, 55%, 75%, 99% ("any"), or ignore damage. It doesn't have a "no damage." GT:NH is based off of 1.7.10 and I wonder if this is a limitation of having an older EnderIO. I didn't see a "not damaged" option in my version. On the other hand, I see that in the EnderIO GitHub, but the logic for it implies more like "cannot be damaged." It checks if damage is less than 0, not that it's equal to zero.

Something else I was recommended was filtering with an ME subnet using a fuzzy card, but that's now making this much more elaborate. I am trying to figure out if there's a way to mix two advanced item filters with varying priority or black/whitelist settings to force items one way or another, but I can't really figure it out.

Edit: Shenanigans with OpenComputers may be in my future.

Edit: Damage is probably metadata and I can treat that separate from NBT so I need to toy with that before going nuts.

Rocko Bonaparte fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 6, 2021

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Can't you just blacklist damaged items to get a whitelist for undamaged items?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I think I got it working overnight. What has ended up working is using advanced item filters on the recycling side:

1. Strict metadata enforcement
2. Ignore NBT
3. Whitelist
4. Put undamaged versions of item in the whitelist
5. Ignore the damage setting since damage is also metadata

The damaged items don't match, go into overflow, and excess just gets dumped. I'd prefer to have them just get dumped so the overflow can be filled more with unrelated stuff that I have to still figure out how to process. On the other hand, I can later try to repair the items or burn them in alchemical furnaces, so they're not completely worthless.

Finding undamaged versions is a real pain in the rear end. I haven't secured any diamond gear yet. I keep a set of everything in the filters in a chest nearby in case I have to respecify all of this.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Looking for a pack where I can just turn my brain off and build up tech and automate and does not have IC2 or Greg, tried Sky Factory and I kinda despise the trees as well as the locking stuff behind prestige.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
isn't that like 90% of packs?

did they start putting greg tec in everything lol???

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ash Rose posted:

Looking for a pack where I can just turn my brain off and build up tech and automate and does not have IC2 or Greg, tried Sky Factory and I kinda despise the trees as well as the locking stuff behind prestige.

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/ultimate-alchemy

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Ash Rose posted:

lmao good luck everything is greg

maybe play in peaceful mode with Create?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

You will submit to the greg and you will like it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Any pack becomes a chill pack when you add ProjectE

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Rutibex posted:

Any pack becomes a chill pack when you add ProjectE

That just sounds like creative mode with extra steps.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You will submit to the greg and you will like it

I will not.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Are those the giant turbines that require a ton of room in front of them and will suck anyone or anything into them, kill them, destroy anything that drops, and break the turbine?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

SugarAddict posted:

Are those the giant turbines that require a ton of room in front of them and will suck anyone or anything into them, kill them, destroy anything that drops, and break the turbine?

No. They do need one block of air in front of the fan blade though. You don't even get hurt by right clicking on them when they're on, which is unfortunate.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Gregtech is unironically amazing but then I am also not right in the head so I fully endorse ignoring my opinion on this matter.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
if you make the immersive engineering turbine setup, it involves having several live wires ran that will zap the poo poo out of you if you touch them :science:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Light Gun Man posted:

if you make the immersive engineering turbine setup, it involves having several live wires ran that will zap the poo poo out of you if you touch them :science:

Ah, the Juggler. In my Sevtech Ages playthrough, I had a rat's nest of HV cables above that I'd regularly fly into and ricochet around against for up to a minute before I'd get flung free.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

GTNH oil processing, refactored

give me the toluene, benzene, butadiene, propene, ethylene, and methane. leave the ethane, propane, and butene to rot

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

What's the earliest form of chunkloading for GTNH?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Patware posted:

What's the earliest form of chunkloading for GTNH?

Railcraft's series of anchors is. If you're in single player, just cheat yourself in a stack of admin anchors and use those. The ones you can craft are balanced around multiplayer for lag reduction purposes and require ender pearls (or some other craftable tchotchkes) for fuel.

If you're hell bent on not cheating, I think you can make the smallest one starting in MV.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Are there any other modbacks similar to Breakout? I love how tight and focused it felt, gradually building you up and making everything feel like it had a purpose rather than just shotgun blasting you with 5 million mods at once and assuming you know everything.

I just tried modern Skyblock 3, but I bounced off of it pretty quickly when I saw it loaded up with a massive pile of mods that had little to do with each other and just seemed to be there for the sake of taking up time to get past them (especially lots of magic themed mods)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
Is there a (pre-spaceflight) route to chrome in GTNH better than grinding/sifting/centrifuging redstone and rubies? I'm going through entire ore patches and slogging through hours of processing just to get enough for a few stacks of stainless steel. Seems beyond the pale even for gregtech.