Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah I was seeing a lot of people dunking on it on twitter to score dumb points in how the MCU is the poison of the film industry etc. I could buy that it Feige trying to convince a bunch of Disney suits to loosen the purse strings

Infinity War/End Game cost over a half billion dollars to make. Purse strings aren't a problem. This is just another variation on the director bullshit game Marvel (and all movies really) like to play before a film gets released where they talk up some aspect of the film as novel and inventive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The quote isn't as exciting once you learn Feige was just showing execs footage of Atlanta.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1387423868160196619
How much money is made making everything in computers/greenscreen? Is it really that much?
They already throw up greenscreens everywhere because putting one up is much cheaper and quicker than actually building a castle or whatever for the set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpdkVF6PnUM

Everything is CGI. The trees are CGI.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1387525336414359554
https://twitter.com/chicklitwrites/status/1387532249730621453

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'll believe Flash and Black Adam are coming out when I see a trailer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those people think the Alita movie is good. There is no therapist good enough on this planet.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

twistedmentat posted:

I'll believe Flash and Black Adam are coming out when I see a trailer.

Honestly, with the year we've had I'm gonna need more than a trailer. I still don't believe Black Widow is coming out.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The Rock is a Republican, Shuri is anti vaxx, but afaik only the flash has physically assaulted someone so I'm going with that

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Those people think the Alita movie is good. There is no therapist good enough on this planet.

It is good, drat it.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I HATE TWITTER.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Aphrodite posted:

All right, c'mon outside and let's get this fight over with.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Desperado Bones posted:

I HATE TWITTER.

You can turn off embeds and never see the tweets :)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Get rid of the Batman movie. #nomorebatman

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Lurdiak posted:

Get rid of the Batman movie. #nomorebatman

This should've been the ending to Wandavision.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
But I need to see his parents gets murdered a fifth time otherwise how will I know why he became Batman

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

You can turn off embeds and never see the tweets :)

But then I'm gonna miss the actual funny tweets. :smith:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The full quote from that interview with Feige makes him sound like a loving idiot.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

But I need to see his parents gets murdered a fifth time otherwise how will I know why he became Batman

The whole thing in The Batman with his bat symbol being made out of the gun that killed his parents really feels like something a kid comes up with and thinks its the best idea, why hasn't anyone done this before, and then they finally get to the point they can do it and no one can stop them.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Honestly, with the year we've had I'm gonna need more than a trailer. I still don't believe Black Widow is coming out.

Black Widow has probably been done since 2019, so i don't really have an doubt that is coming out. Just Disney needs deal with its not going to be another box office record breaker. But both those filsm, they just always have felt like vapor wear. Black Adam specifically. Here is a character no one cares about, and if they do, its in conjunction with Shazam, who we've already gotten a good movie out of. I have a theory someone in WB online team saw someone say "the Rock would make a good Black Adam" and ran into some execs office, showed them that comment and they promised the Rock the part and they'd build a movie around it. He is going to be the star of his own movie, and not the villain in someone elses.

Venom is a character that unless he's interacting with Spider-Man I don't really care. I never bothered watching the movie because the trailers didn't interest me and everything i heard about it sounds like I can skip it. But I know a lot of people, younger, comics fans love Venom. But I've never met anyone who goes "my favorite character is Black Adam".

After WW84, my optimism for the DC films has gone way down. The only movie they have coming up is Gunn's Suicide Squad and that's only due to to Gunn.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I am super excited about The Batman due to Matt Reeves. He is my Zack Snyder.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Venom is an awful movie but Tom Hardy goes so absolutely gonzo with his performance that he salvages it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Venom is good as hell.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Venom felt like an early 2000s comic book movie which I had thought we stopped making by like 2008-2009.

Like it wasn’t terrible but it definitely wasn’t good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

Venom felt like an early 2000s comic book movie which I had thought we stopped making by like 2008-2009.

Like it wasn’t terrible but it definitely wasn’t good.

Yeah. You also realize just how much the costume really needs the big white spider symbol to break up the monotony of 'black blob with teeth.'

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

There's 40 minutes of fun stuff in Venom where it is a bit like a werewolf film where the werewolf part has sassy dialogue with the host. But a lot of the rest including the first act and finale are pretty dull.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Karloff posted:

There's 40 minutes of fun stuff in Venom where it is a bit like a werewolf film where the werewolf part has sassy dialogue with the host. But a lot of the rest including the first act and finale are pretty dull.
The finale was almost interchangeable with 100 other comic book movies made pre-Marvel Studios. “Oh boy, here’s an almost identical symbiote that is almost the same color as Venom for him to fight!”

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
The worst choice in venom, discounting divorcing it from Spider-Man, was having him fight another symbiot when you KNEW you were planning on having Carnage in a sequel.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

Venom is an awful movie but Tom Hardy goes so absolutely gonzo with his performance that he salvages it.

:allears: that's the reason this movie is my guilty pleasure. Best part is that he got to do Venom's voice.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Don’t get me wrong, this is the first movie that really ‘gets’ how the symbiote suit would look/move, but that’s really the only highlight. Hardy is fine but I feel like he’s going ham to the point where you really can’t take anything seriously.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Desperado Bones posted:

Best part is that he got to do Venom's voice.

It's why he took the role I'm sure, Tom Hardy only does movies were he can do a ridiculous voice, even if it's not necessary to the script he'll just make one up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I need to watch it again because nothing in the movie clicked for me and I was left disappointed.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

I need to watch it again because nothing in the movie clicked for me and I was left disappointed.

Go with the idea that it's a bad movie and it shouldn't been taken seriously.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

It's also a very badly edited movie and you can have some fun playing "spot the obvious splice jobs".

My favorite bit is how they find half a dozen symbiotes clinging to an asteroid and then thirty minutes later, one of them claims to be the king of a planet full of symbiotes and absolutely nobody sees any reason to mistrust that statement.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Knull??

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

site posted:

Knull??

Please don’t joke about adding Knull to the MCU.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

:negative:

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Venom would be much, much improved if it were a 90 minute movie where Eddie gets the symbiote in the first 15.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Please don’t joke about adding Knull to the MCU.

I feel like there's a big whiteboard in Feige's office that just has the words "NO loving KNULL!!!!: written in permanent marker.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Venom would be much, much improved if it were a 90 minute movie where Eddie gets the symbiote in the first 15.
Yeah he doesn’t get it until what, halfway through?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah he doesn’t get it until what, halfway through?

Yeah. They went too long with his personal issues and breaking up with his girlfriend, and elon musk's evil plan, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Also there’s like 20 minutes between when the symbiote attaches to him and when Venom itself makes an appearance