Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

if the crew included the ability to drop anime girls on tanks you killed with some obnoxious noises as a taunt i'd buy it

When you shoot and penetrate a tank, you implant the anime girls into it for the rest of their game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Type 59 is back in the shop.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, for loving 80 euros. Do not buy the Type 59 for this price, it is not worth anything close to it in 2021.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

That price is nuts. It's still a good tank, but shouldn't be any more than the super pershing.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Don't pay $80 for any pixel tank.

Oh the package comes with 12,500 gold as well, but still, lol at gold.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Captain Blaargh posted:

That price is nuts. It's still a good tank, but shouldn't be any more than the super pershing.

Well see they did the clever job of packaging it with 30 days of premium time, a bunch of gold and a bunch of other meaningless poo poo and then cranked the price WAY up.

See also: a T6 Fury for 30 euros.

E: loving christ, several tanks spotted for three to four minutes, but our six bush wankers either fail to shoot at them, or hit them. Why do I even play light tanks?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 29, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Why do I even play

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

The only deal that's worth contemplating is the Steel Chameleon (the Rudy that can swap from Polish to Soviet). For 25 bucks you get a premium version of the T-34-85, some gold, 30 days of premium, and eight zero skill crew (4 PL, 4 RU). Now that there's a Polish medium tech tree, the Polish crew is actually useful.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

This game on Steam now eh, wonder if it'll actually do anything for the NA pop.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
I am shocked they put the Type 59 up for only 80 bucks, to be honest.

Also, Rudy is best tank because it comes with a dog.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It might be getting lost in the OMG TYPE 59 hullabaloo but they're also selling the Rudy for $25 which includes 900g and 30d of premium and the Tiger 131 for the same price, which also comes with 500 gold and another 30d of premium.

SELL THE T-44-100 AGAIN YOU FUCKS. Also, the 12.5k gold they're adding onto the Type 59 bundle makes me mad because gold really is pretty much worthless these days.

At this rate I expect the Type 59G will be sold for $149-199 by Christmas.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 29, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, for loving 80 euros. Do not buy the Type 59 for this price, it is not worth anything close to it in 2021.

lol.

No.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

See also: a T6 Fury for 30 euros.

lol.

No.

BadLlama posted:

Strange that it took them this long to do. I hope it does, the game needs new blood BADLY.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

SELL THE T-44-100 AGAIN YOU FUCKS.

This 100 times

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Hoping for a bunch of type 59s in the tier 8 queue on NA this weekend. That tank is made of matchsticks and gasoline and can't side scrape against 122mm guns. Will be a great weekend for 112 or T-34-3 play.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gorman Thomas posted:

Hoping for a bunch of type 59s in the tier 8 queue on NA this weekend. That tank is made of matchsticks and gasoline and can't side scrape against 122mm guns. Will be a great weekend for 112 or T-34-3 play.

T8 games on the EU servers were chock full with Type 59s. They all thought their turret armour is amazing. Fun times in my ISU-152, just popping heads.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The type-59s turret armor is really good, that doesn't mean sit infront of a 152mm gun with like 300 base pen or w/e the gently caress.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

BadLlama posted:

Apparently you can't link the steam installation to your existing account.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

saintonan posted:

There are no words...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

saintonan posted:

I imagine steam charges the company to be able to login to their poo poo through Steam and WGing was like lol no we have moonbase 2 build

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

saintonan posted:

Same as with World of Warships, then. Prepare for Steam users to get all kinds of cool free bonuses and much better sales than us WG login scrubs.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Same as with World of Warships, then. Prepare for Steam users to get all kinds of cool free bonuses and much better sales than us WG login scrubs.

Gordon Freeman beard for every tank.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Reviews are mostly negative and

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

MariusLecter posted:

Reviews are mostly negative and

I've never seen something more right.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I've never seen something more right.

:same:

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

saintonan posted:

BadLlama posted:

I imagine steam charges the company to be able to login to their poo poo through Steam and WGing was like lol no we have moonbase 2 build

Except that they didn't even need to do it that way. Some other games just either install a launcher through Steam that then installs the actual game separately or they install the game through Steam, but the launchers have non-Steam logins.

I suppose there's some demonical reason why they chose to gently caress with the existing playerbase.

I haven't played WoT in years but I saw it on the store page and all the negative reviews and figured I may as well check this thread.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Install the game twice. They can claim double the player base.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Now I'm wondering if you can have the Steam client and the non-Steam client running at the same time to platoon with yourself.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Ambaire posted:

Now I'm wondering if you can have the Steam client and the non-Steam client running at the same time to platoon with yourself.

Play arty and passive scout in one go

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Something tells me THIS is why they migrated the servers. Steam WoT probably uses their US East to segregate it from US Central.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Something tells me THIS is why they migrated the servers. Steam WoT probably uses their US East to segregate it from US Central.

"Yall on the West Coast can go get hosed. East Coast has better whales consumers" - WG probably.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tier6.png:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
God drat they're selling almost everything.. Defender, E75TS, Type 59, Lansen, Somua.
The end times must be upon us :ohdear:

e; the 9€ something Rudy package is very nice if you missed the LIS/274a marathons and would like a Polish medium BiA crew plus a Soviet one. That is nuts.
The frequency with which they push out stuff/events is exhausting. Are they gonna run the spring marathon in parallel with the battle pass?

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 30, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently the EU servers are going from two interspersed Top of the Tree specials to three simultaneous ones every month. In may it'll be the WZ-111-5A, the Italian mediums and T110E3.

So that's cool, but because WG's gotta WG, they're also nerfing the discounts for Top of the Tree tanks from -30% to -15%.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

So that's cool, but because WG's gotta WG, they're also nerfing the discounts for Top of the Tree tanks from -30% to -15%.

lol

I guess they realize at this point the only actual grind in their game is the absurd credit grind

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
To celebrate my new job, quitting vaping for a week, and busting my rear end working 50 hours:

I know, I know. But at least I have it now.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Oh god I just noticed they're selling the Type 59 for a whole loving *month*.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Wowzers!

If only another stimulus was coming down I'd pull the trigger probably.

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007
I really want that Lansen C 3d style but I already own the tank. I suppose they're gonna charge me the full price and not discount the cost of the tank itself if I buy the bundle. Big sad. Not gonna buy the tank twice.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Oh god I just noticed they're selling the Type 59 for a whole loving *month*.

It's funny, they're finally selling it openly and I haven't seen a single one over the recent two days.
I don't think they're advertising this sale very well. It's all about the anime stuff.

^^ they don't discount, but you'll probably get the nominal gold value of the tank reimbursed when you log in. It's 6700 gold :smith:

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Someone at WG must owe the mafia money or something, because now they're also selling the Caernarvon Action X, the T77 and the Turtle. And a "bundle" where you get an FCM 36 PaK 40 if you buy a month of premium.

(This is on the EU servers)