Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I wish it had a bit more simply because a lot of the time I can't even tell if the mic is on or not (does the little light at the end mean it's muted or that it's on? Who could ever know).

That said I don't use it very much for party chat so it hasn't been much of an issue for me personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Omg midnight racing is a time machine.

The hud uses a TMobile sidekick holy poo poo.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

if you do like every single optional thing in the game, maybe it could take 50 hours. i can't imagine what one would have to do to hit 70 tho.

My brother took like 110 hours. Maybe we were just bad back then? He got the Knights of the Round and everything though.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Zurtilik posted:

My brother took like 110 hours. Maybe we were just bad back then? He got the Knights of the Round and everything though.

Full completing game takes forever.

Even back then I didn't bother doing the stupid Chocobo Breeding nor the optional super bosses. Way too tedious.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Knights of the Round is wild though you can literally one shot the 2nd to last boss.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I am really digging Kingdom Hearts 3 so far except for the fact that they have comically overpacked the fights with wacky flashy abilities. Like one every couple fights would've been fine, but its like 3 cinematic abilities a fight.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

I am really digging Kingdom Hearts 3 so far except for the fact that they have comically overpacked the fights with wacky flashy abilities. Like one every couple fights would've been fine, but its like 3 cinematic abilities a fight.

Wacky flashy abilities is a pillar of Kingdom Hearts combat.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Apparently the difficulty in Kingdom Hearts 3 is entirely "do you have the self control to not click the theme park ride summon button"

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Barudak posted:

Apparently the difficulty in Kingdom Hearts 3 is entirely "do you have the self control to not click the theme park ride summon button"

Yes. That has been the case so far.

Kind of wish I could turn some of this stuff off even if it means it makes the game harder.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Barudak posted:

I think I heard they patched the game in to literally let you turn that off and they reward you somehow.

KH3 was probably my biggest disappointment in years

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
apex legends arena mode looks like what I actually want halo infinite multiplayer to be

I hope 343 has an ace up their sleeve because the multiplayer scifi shooter space keeps upping its game

Barudak
May 7, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I think I heard they patched the game in to literally let you turn that off and they reward you somehow.

I won't lie, while the lack of FF characters was baffling to me I couldn't get past the first zone because the cutscene voice direction was so unnatural.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Hmmm. I night check that out again and see.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Barudak posted:

Yeah, you'll be out of midgar in the next hour.

You knew exactly. I literally just beat the bike mission and am now on the open world map at ~5h45m lmao. I also accidentally toggled the x3 speed and didn't know how to turn it off, so that whole bike chase was happening so fast and frantic, and the last boss fight at the end I've never clicked through so many menus as fast as that ever in my life, it was exhilarating. It was only after I realized you toggle x3 speed mode by pushing down the left stick; guess I did that in a panic at the start of the chase or something, haha.

Blue Raider posted:

You’re in for a treat, because that familiarity is about to go out the window. FF7 is a 70 hour game (this was an old rpg metric), and there’s so much stuff that the remake never touched on. I’m actually pumped to see you make it to other cool stuff lol.

I really cannot remember anything regarding the open world stuff when my cousin was playing back when the game first game out, so this is basically all new territory for me. I just remember liking Vincent a lot, and that my aunt said that Yuffie had a Xena warrior princess thing going on. Other than that, my only passing knowledge is the whole raising chocobos thing, but otherwise yeah, all new venture from here on out.

teagone fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 28, 2021

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

teagone posted:

You knew exactly. I literally just beat the bike mission and am now on the open world map at ~5h45m lmao. I also accidentally toggled the x3 speed and didn't know how to turn it off, so that whole bike chase was happening so fast and frantic, and the last boss fight at the end I've never clicked through so many menus as fast as that ever in my life, it was exhilarating. It was only after I realized you toggle x3 speed mode by pushing down the left stick; guess I did that in a panic at the start of the chase or something, haha.

I really cannot remember anything regarding the open world stuff when my cousin was playing back when the game first game out, so this is basically all new territory for me. I just remember liking Vincent a lot, and that my aunt said that Yuffie had a Xena warrior princess thing going on. Other than that, my only passing knowledge is the whole raising chocobos thing, but otherwise yeah, all new venture from here on out.

3x speed is such a blessing in that game lol. I love FF7 and I love turn based combat, but sometimes I want to get on with the plot and it's better to grind out fights in 3x speed than just skipping them and missing out on that sweet sweet XP.

The open world map stuff is a ton of fun, there's a lot of really cool stuff out there,like Red XIII's mountain and Cid!

I should really pick up one of my various saves of this game and actually finish it. I think I've got a save on switch and PS4 and no idea where I'm at in either, but it's not like I don't have the opening 10 hours of that game fairly clear in my memory.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I can't stand random encounters. I much preferred the combat style that they brought in with XII.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Destroy All Humans is out.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Second Extinction is more Deep Rock Galactic than Left4Dead

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Seriously though, its been like two years since the FF games were announced for gamepass where in the hell is FFX?

On a related note when FFX collection came out in Japan for switch they ran an ad that both worked on me and instantly made me feel ancient where a dad gets the game for his kid and keeps checking in on their progress subtly.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

Destroy All Humans is out.

I tried to play the remaster last year but its like non stop cavity probe jokes and i never booted it up again after my first session

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Barudak posted:

Seriously though, its been like two years since the FF games were announced for gamepass where in the hell is FFX?

On a related note when FFX collection came out in Japan for switch they ran an ad that both worked on me and instantly made me feel ancient where a dad gets the game for his kid and keeps checking in on their progress subtly.

Man, is FFX the one you want your son to play?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

Man, is FFX the one you want your son to play?

Im not gonna stop taking my wife and child through back alleys after watching Zorro films if thats what you're implying

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

joylessdivision posted:

3x speed is such a blessing in that game lol. I love FF7 and I love turn based combat, but sometimes I want to get on with the plot and it's better to grind out fights in 3x speed than just skipping them and missing out on that sweet sweet XP.

The open world map stuff is a ton of fun, there's a lot of really cool stuff out there,like Red XIII's mountain and Cid!

I should really pick up one of my various saves of this game and actually finish it. I think I've got a save on switch and PS4 and no idea where I'm at in either, but it's not like I don't have the opening 10 hours of that game fairly clear in my memory.

I didn't even know you could skip fights, lol. I've fought in every encounter. I don't mind the speed, though I did set the battle slider to fastest in the config settings unsure of how faster is exactly makes the encounters hah.

I also have a copy for Switch that I haven't started. I've enjoyed the midgard section a lot, so I'll for sure start another go doing alternative stuff on there once I finish on my One S.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Idk if this is the thread for this speculation, but the rumor is Starfield may be coming out this Fall and will be Game Pass exclusive. This is based on MS/Bethesda filing a new copyright or something like that.

If it’s true it’s not exactly a shock. Fallout 4 will be six years old this November, and that’s a long time between games even for slow rear end Bethesda.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Of all the games coming out between now and whenever, Starfield is the one I'm most intrigued about.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gamepass exclusive? As in you won't be able to just buy it?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

Gamepass exclusive? As in you won't be able to just buy it?

I assume you’ll be able to physically buy it, it’d be kind of insane not to offer it retail. I guess they just meant Xbox/Gamepass exclusive.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm not sure what a gamepass exclusive would even be. I'm pretty sure there's always been an option to buy games that are on gamepass.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

semi-related but that guy that has xbox live gold but not gamepass should be banned from the thread imo

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Disposable Scud posted:

Second Extinction is more Deep Rock Galactic than Left4Dead

How mature is it? My son was asking me if we could play it together.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just got a notification about being able to stream on PC via the xCloud beta now. It technically works in Safari on macOS but I don't think it has controller support. The actual notification just said PC/iOS so it's likely not meant for macOS just yet.

Looks super sleek though, hope more support comes soon.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

American McGay posted:

Just got a notification about being able to stream on PC via the xCloud beta now. It technically works in Safari on macOS but I don't think it has controller support. The actual notification just said PC/iOS so it's likely not meant for macOS just yet.

Looks super sleek though, hope more support comes soon.

Oh yeah, my account is now live on the xCloud beta now too. Sweet. Playing some Streets of Rage 4 inside Chrome lol.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Super No Vacancy posted:

semi-related but that guy that has xbox live gold but not gamepass should be banned from the thread imo

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Super No Vacancy posted:

What a sick gently caress

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

there was a dude in the PS4 thread who would buy PS+ on a per-month basis, every single month, instead of just buying the year sub.
mentallers

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Gotta say one nice thing about playing Rock Band on the ol 360 is that loading a song gives you a small break in which to take a drink or take a hit :420: and that's kinda nice. Getting the 1st Rock Band calibrated with my modern setup was a massive pain in the rear end though.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Blue Raider posted:

I assume you’ll be able to physically buy it, it’d be kind of insane not to offer it retail. I guess they just meant Xbox/Gamepass exclusive.

The exact words of Phil Spencer were "Bethesda games will be exclusive to platforms were game pass exists".

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

FordCQC posted:

How mature is it? My son was asking me if we could play it together.

It is very bloody. Otherwise its very wholesome which is odd.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

there was a dude in the PS4 thread who would buy PS+ on a per-month basis, every single month, instead of just buying the year sub.
mentallers

This makes me physically sick to my stomach. I am going to literally vomit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Doctor Nutt posted:

Gotta say one nice thing about playing Rock Band on the ol 360 is that loading a song gives you a small break in which to take a drink or take a hit :420: and that's kinda nice. Getting the 1st Rock Band calibrated with my modern setup was a massive pain in the rear end though.

Didn't you learn anything from the arcade PSA screens? Winners don't use drugs.