Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

the traditional creationist date of 6000 BC wasn’t hardline enough for him so he knocked a couple of K off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Lol he looks like a loving muppet.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

smellmycheese posted:

the traditional creationist date of 6000 BC wasn’t hardline enough for him so he knocked a couple of K off

I thought it was that the earth is 6000 years old making it 4000BC

Arrived at by the very scientific method of counting up the ages of everyone mentioned in the OT

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
poots of the dup

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

smellmycheese posted:

smdh this poster hasn't memorized the creationist timeline

in church as a kid i had a self-taught smartguy as sunday school teacher and he was adamant about modern archaeology placing jesus' birth at 3-5BC instead of 0AD but still had the garden of eden at 4000BC

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
They make a lovely couple :3:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

i say swears online posted:

smdh this poster hasn't memorized the creationist timeline

in church as a kid i had a self-taught smartguy as sunday school teacher and he was adamant about modern archaeology placing jesus' birth at 3-5BC instead of 0AD but still had the garden of eden at 4000BC

I apologise to everyone in this thread and Edwin Poots. Clearly my knowledge of insane fundamentalist bullshit is deeply flawed and I need immediate re-education

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Remove Poots

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Ed Poots @edpoots
Ed Poots

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

euphronius posted:

Keir is not a real name

this is insane

The amusing thing about the whole Keir/Keith thing is that they're both anglicised Gaelic names from the 18th/19th century, and Keir is only slightly less common than Keith.

Something to keep in mind next time you see a 'calling him Keith is racist' poster in the wild.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

and Keir is only slightly less common than Keith.
hi mi5

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

a pair of kinky poots

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Darth Walrus posted:

The amusing thing about the whole Keir/Keith thing is that they're both anglicised Gaelic names from the 18th/19th century, and Keir is only slightly less common than Keith.

Something to keep in mind next time you see a 'calling him Keith is racist' poster in the wild.

the actual amusing thing is these being the origin of it

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/europe/in-defeat-to-corbyn-camp-keith-starmer-elected-leader-of-u-k-labour-party-1.8739440
https://www.timesofisrael.com/uk-jewish-groups-say-new-labour-leader-failing-to-crack-down-on-anti-semitism/

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Darth Walrus posted:

My favourite take of that vein was a dude on Twitter who argued viciously it was the same as deadnaming a trans person.

Only for the same Centrist ghouls who were agreeing with him a post before to turn around and activate TERF mode. Wonder why they did that, why they feel like they belong in Labour again. Curious.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

mrmcd posted:

Lol he looks like a loving muppet.

if evolution is real then why has every member of my family looked exactly the same since 1693.

checkmaet scientits

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Things can't get anymore stupid so I hope we get a comedy option for the new head of the DUP.

Sammy Wilson.

NWS:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I don’t think this zinger from Mr Poots is getting enough attention

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Jose posted:

he's called kieth op

the daily starmer

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

smellmycheese posted:

lol

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

smellmycheese posted:

checkmate, science

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

surely there has to be like a logic test you have to take to get into roles like that, there's no way you can just say "I don't believe objective facts" and then become the leader of a large political party.
Then again this is the loving DUP

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

PNGYAKUZA posted:

surely there has to be like a logic test you have to take to get into roles like that, there's no way you can just say "I don't believe objective facts" and then become the leader of a large political party.

Now, you say that, but gestures at the entirety of UK politics

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

PNGYAKUZA posted:

their MPs provide a broad choice. you’ve got the massively corrupt one, the violent criminal, the sex weirdo, the facist, the geriatric homophobic and racist bigot, the fundamentalist loon. A real panoply of opinions

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

Kerbtree posted:

Now, you say that, but gestures at the entirety of UK politics

Hahahha I'm not big on IQ or standardised tests but the amount of mental morons who get into uk politics is insane.

smellmycheese posted:

their MPs provide a broad choice. you’ve got the massively corrupt one, the violent criminal, the sex weirdo, the facist, the geriatric homophobic and racist bigot, the fundamentalist loon. A real panoply of opinions

Guess we've gotta give them credit somewhere?

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/spilleroftea/status/1388010102372851716?s=21

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lol Keith

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i love how the bodies thing is just over now and keith is trying to skewer Boris by going to John Lewis and posing with wallpaper lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

is 'flat row' a sex thing? sounds athletic

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Pretty soon it will come out that Boris eats the flesh of newborn babies while beating up baby pandas while stealing directly from tory voters as they walk in front of him. Keir will say this will necessitate harsher border checks in an effort to seem like a better right wing choice and the Tories will increase their lead by 20 points.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I can't really blame anyone for not buying into this scandal, they keep trying to push it as 'Tory Sleaze' which just sounds like a really poo poo forced attempt at a political meme and the whole thing is about Johnson getting a loan to do some renovations which he does seem(?) to have paid back. None of it is consequential and more than half the country probably would do exactly the same thing in his boat, it's just not an interesting story

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Boris actually paying back his loans is if anything genuinely more than I'd expect

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
did he do it before he got caught?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
It's the wrong sort of politics for 2021: the Tory sleaze meme is designed to appeal to the voters in a supposed centre ground that doesn't really exist any more. The people who don't like Boris already don't like him; the people who do like him either don't care, or actively support 'their guy' boisterously smashing through the rules.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

on the BBC local radio show here in NI Stephen Nolan just had to cut off a DUP caller who said “how do we deal with the N***** in the woodpile”

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

XMNN posted:

i love how the bodies thing is just over now and keith is trying to skewer Boris by going to John Lewis and posing with wallpaper lol

Is that the wallpaper that looked like someone decorated with Tunnocks Teacake wrappers?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

It's the wrong sort of politics for 2021: the Tory sleaze meme is designed to appeal to the voters in a supposed centre ground that doesn't really exist any more. The people who don't like Boris already don't like him; the people who do like him either don't care, or actively support 'their guy' boisterously smashing through the rules.

See also: Keith white knighting loving John Lewis

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I have to say, I really want to see the Downing Street interiors now, so I can see just what Carrie's idea of a sophisticated style is.

Like, are we talking Trump's penthouse done up in the style of Louis XVI or what

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Kerbtree posted:

Is that the wallpaper that looked like someone decorated with Tunnocks Teacake wrappers?

I think that picture is from the decorators own house not no11, but all her work seems to have every surface decorated with a different garish pattern

it looks like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

smellmycheese posted:

on the BBC local radio show here in NI Stephen Nolan just had to cut off a DUP caller who said “how do we deal with the N***** in the woodpile”

Fits in with people who paint murals about how great the US Civil War was.

prefect has issued a correction as of 11:11 on Apr 30, 2021