Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

hazardousmouse posted:

the parodies are so well done that I don't even know which ones are real anymore

This one's real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

The real ones are parodies too.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

forgot to quote this lovely post

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh poo poo, I never expected a recurring character :aaaaa:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

My brain is so thoroughly smooth that I saw the tall grid patterned object in the tv and my first thought was "why is he so big, that man jumping out of the world trade center"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Count Uvula posted:

My brain is so thoroughly smooth that I saw the tall grid patterned object in the tv and my first thought was "why is he so big, that man jumping out of the world trade center"

lmao, respecfully rofl

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Count Uvula posted:

Jucika predicted 9/11

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Jucika predicted planned 9/11

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

US Intel distracted by Jucika bending over

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Fun bit of trivia I learned today: The wife of the guy who drew Juicika was quite jealous of her husband's affection for the character and burned as much of it as she could after he died.

Like I'm sure the reality is a bit more complicated than that she was jealous of a cartoon character but I think that's just kind of funny given the nature of the character

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I like to think that she burned the horniest Juicikas, but then I mourn for the fact that we will never see them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I like to think that she burned the horniest Juicikas, but then I mourn for the fact that we will never see them.

It was a newspaper cartoon, right? I think the good ones are published. Losing the originals is tragic but we have facsimiles.

But yeah, there's probably a bunch of horny sketches of Jucika that never made a strip and if the story about the wife is true they are gone forever.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skwirl posted:

It was a newspaper cartoon, right? I think the good ones are published. Losing the originals is tragic but we have facsimiles.

But yeah, there's probably a bunch of horny sketches of Jucika that never made a strip and if the story about the wife is true they are gone forever.

I've read a few collections of newspaper funnies where the print on the other side has leaked through and I've thought "is this really the best they could find to scan?" and then realized "yeah, most probably". But it kind of adds to the charm I think?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

christmas boots posted:

Fun bit of trivia I learned today: The wife of the guy who drew Juicika was quite jealous of her husband's affection for the character and burned as much of it as she could after he died.

Like I'm sure the reality is a bit more complicated than that she was jealous of a cartoon character but I think that's just kind of funny given the nature of the character

tbh, if i was married to the guy, i would also be jealous of jucika

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

tbh, if i was married to the guy, i would also be jealous of jucika

You don't say:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You don't say:

That's the giddy smile of a man who has drawn terrible, terrible things

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

even the worst drawing is better than a blank piece of paper

e: for jerking off to anyway

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Worse than the loss of the library of Alexandria.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

FFT posted:

i reduced its file size by a third by cleaning it up

~9 KB to ~6 KB, what a savings

actually gently caress it it's past time to get rid of the randaconda tag i created, gimme a few minutes

/e: fin

Thank you for cleaning it up! I'm getting better at still images but I'm a mere tyro at gifs. :tipshat:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I feel like this isn't the most pressing question to ask about this scene, bird.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

rydiafan posted:

I feel like this isn't the most pressing question to ask about this scene, bird.

Better the Garbage Ape than the cops.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Thank you for cleaning it up! I'm getting better at still images but I'm a mere tyro at gifs. :tipshat:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Better the Garbage Ape than the cops.

*steps forth* i am garbage ape

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

mysterious frankie posted:

"Grimy and humid. Total 90s vibe."

This sums up that 90s, co-opted alternative, Wonka po-mo, "twisted suburbs" vibe so eloquently.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Disco Pope posted:

This sums up that 90s, co-opted alternative, Wonka po-mo, "twisted suburbs" vibe so eloquently.

Who do you think would have done the soundtrack? There's a lot of good possibilities but I'm going to guess Oingo Boingo.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Carthag Tuek posted:

*steps forth* i am garbage ape

I am surreal Heathcliff

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Fyadophobic posted:

Who do you think would have done the soundtrack? There's a lot of good possibilities but I'm going to guess Oingo Boingo.

Yeah, maybe Mark Mothersbaugh in full squelch and parp mode.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Carthag Tuek posted:

even the worst drawing is better than a blank piece of paper

e: for jerking off to anyway

Jerking off to the texture printing on the Kleenex

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I begin to hate Heathcliff.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Now who's the garbage ape

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
We all are.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

This is the stage where PFSC is really firing. I've been to this gig and the comic's version is only slightly weirder

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Disco Pope posted:

Yeah, maybe Mark Mothersbaugh in full squelch and parp mode.

Mark Motherbaugh is a good guess. Maybe The Residents?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

mysterious frankie posted:

Mark Motherbaugh is a good guess. Maybe The Residents?

When I close my eyes I see a man in full prosthetics- that look like they were made by the outfit that did sfx for that Primus cowboy music video- who is giving an earnest monologue about family togetherness to a highly detailed Hot Rod magazine style latex baby puppet. This event is occurring in a pastel split level from the 50s that looks like it survived a flood. A queasy singsong tune, made on a synth with samples of dog barks and solemn belches, is playing in the background.

It is 1993 and, though disturbed & confused, young me is just happy Hollywood thought it was worth giving Rocko's Modern Life a little attention.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
well gently caress, that's evocative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Up to this point they had been lucky each time to find a planet exactly identical to Earth, including twins of all their friends

The tiny angel never wins the argument

It was a single track of Reginald singing over 'Two Princes'

You sicken me, ___________. I can't believe you __________ the __________.