Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Darby vs 10 6 5.08%
Penelope vs Kris 2 1.69%
Hangman vs Brian 11 9.32%
Orange vs Penta 89 75.42%
Sydals vs Bucks 10 8.47%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

PublicOpinion posted:

I wonder who will be the one to surrender? I could see it being Jericho and that leading to the Inner Circle falling apart.

Yeah, I'm betting something like Jericho surrendering to save Sammy from being permanently injured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

blunt posted:

Who knows? An exploding barb wire death match didn't finish the Omega/Moxley feud, so it's really a coin-toss.
After Mox beat Kenta, I figured they were doing the best they could to build up the IWGP US title with a few big Mox wins before pulling the trigger on Kenny's Belt Collector angle, but now I'm not sure if they're going to do this or just have Blue Dad take it away because Mox isn't doing anything with it. Kenny doesn't need every belt to be a World championship, he just needs MORE BELTS. He's already carrying a defunct one that's presumably going to be merged out of existence.

Therefore, we should all tweetbomb Coward Tony into booking a Kenny Omega/Brian Cage match for the FTW title.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Wezlar posted:

The feud seems too new and there are too many matchups that still need to happen (MJF vs Jericho, FTR vs PNP etc) but Blood and Guts really feels like the type of match that should be the blowoff of the feud

I thought that at first, but on the other hand, if we had already seen most of the permutations of the individual/tag matches, I'm not sure if it would have this much fire. That promo felt like all these guys are just itching to get their hands on each other and I don't know if that would be as strong if the team members had already wrestled each other a bunch.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sticklefifer posted:

Therefore, we should all tweetbomb Coward Tony into booking a Kenny Omega/Brian Cage match for the FTW title.

This is 100% the double or nothing match I want Kenny to be in.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jordan7hm posted:

This is 100% the double or nothing match I want Kenny to be in.
It kinda feels like they're going that way, but at this point I'm just assuming they're never getting over Mox.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Yeah, I'm betting something like Jericho surrendering to save Sammy from being permanently injured.

This seems like exactly the kinda thing Chris "why get pinned when I can just fall into a vat of orange goo" Jericho would do to put over MJF without actually putting over MJF.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Kenny Omega will wrestle the necro butcher at double or nothing

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

sticklefifer posted:

That's actually genius. Another belt for Kenny AND it adds to Team Taz's animosity!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://aewrestling.bandcamp.com/track/zero-miedo-ft-alex-abrahantes-lucha-bros-aew-theme

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ZEROES UP - M'S DOWN

dude this is a loving face theme. It's 2am and i'm more convinced than ever that Lucha Bros will take the belts and hair off the bucks in another PPV or two

I think DoN the Bucks put down SCU. At some special summer dynamite, like Fyter Fest or Fight for the Fallen, they beat FTR again. All Out hair vs mask match for the belts.
Lucha Bros' side is that DoN has DT vs BF trios match. Maybe a Team Taz feud in the middle there, but mostly PAC starts getting his turn with Kenny after Moxley and Kingston's blowout with the Elite.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 30, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The "Penta says" stuff from Alex just feels so obvious and right that it's almost weird it wasn't there from the start. Of course Penta has a lackey to do his verbal taunts, why wouldn't he?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

The "Penta says" stuff from Alex just feels so obvious and right that it's almost weird it wasn't there from the start. Of course Penta has a lackey to do his verbal taunts, why wouldn't he?

Alex is so very good at the character he's playing. Just the mildest dude suddenly thinking he's crazy tough because he's hanging out with Penta.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Alex is so very good at the character he's playing. Just the mildest dude suddenly thinking he's crazy tough because he's hanging out with Penta.

I'll never forget his frame-0 escape when Cody started running his way. Alex loving vanished from Florida.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I want to see the power go to his head.

"Penta says I get the last slice of pizza!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

Tbf I'd think I was crazy tough if I was hanging with Penta

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Tbf I'd think I was crazy tough if I was hanging with Penta

Deep down we're all hanging with Penta.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lamuella posted:

Well, Death Triangle was formed in what, last march? Then on and off delayed? So they probably had layers of the pandemic and thinking PAC would be back to do most of the talking.

But then I'm actually really eager to see Alex with Penta and PAC. If he's hyped now imagine what he's gonna be like representing the whole drat triangle.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Well, Death Triangle was formed in what, last march? Then on and off delayed? So they probably had layers of the pandemic and thinking PAC would be back to do most of the talking.

But then I'm actually really eager to see Alex with Penta and PAC. If he's hyped now imagine what he's gonna be like representing the whole drat triangle.

PAC: KEHNNE OEE WILL SHATTOH YOR REYN! SOON YOR GOLD WILL BE ON MAI WEST AS YEE LAYS DOWN IN DEFEET
Alex: Kenny! PAC says he will shatter your reign! Your gold will be on his perfect waist and the lays chips in his feet

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Alex desperately trying to translate "Billy big bollocks"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah the character works so well cause literally everybody alive has dealt with somebody like that. It's such a simple performance and he sells it so great.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Q1:803,000/403,000 (Hangman vs. Cage, Elite promo)

Q2:874,000/427,000 (Bucks vs. Sydals, SCU promo)

Q3:898,000/421,000 (Jade promo, start of OC vs. Penta)

Q4:982,000/449,000 (End of OC vs. Penta, Britt promo, most of the parley)

Q5:908,000/421,000 (End of parley, Eddie & Nakazawa segment, Taz & Christian)

Q6:868,000/404,000 (Stat vs. Ford, start of six-man)

Q7:867,000/431,000 (End of six man, Miro segment)

Q8:909,000/470,000 (Darby vs. 10)

Pylons fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Apr 30, 2021

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Sad Cowboy is not a draw, brother???

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

According to Dave, the lead-in was down 40%. What movie was playing before Dynamite this week?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Man Darby is a really reliable TV main event huh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

Man Darby is a really reliable TV main event huh

They're there for All Ego

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

According to Dave, the lead-in was down 40%. What movie was playing before Dynamite this week?

Pacific Rim :whitewater:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

I'd assume Biden was already pulling everyone's attention then

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The "D" in "DMD" stands for "draw, brother". Don't think about it too much

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

a cyborg mug posted:

The "D" in "DMD" stands for "draw, brother". Don't think about it too much

Draw More Dimes

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Alex's verses are really good for someone who is clearly not a rapper, another Abrahantes surprise.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nobody knew what the opener was going in. Even if they did the last 3 months of Hangmin have just been him racking up wins in matches with little/no setup.
Brian Cage squash throws a wrench into everything. But now I'm wondering who Kenny will face at the PPV. Is this some kind of sidewards way to get Kenny v Christian at the PPV? Because that wouldn't be great.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 30, 2021

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rarity posted:

They're there for All Ego

Whats going to be great is when All Ego Ethan Page turns face, rejects the sin of arrogance, and becomes Small Ego Ethan Page.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

More likely is that Page/Sky become a New-Dayesque comedy act and 'All Ego' turns into 'All Eggo' and he throws waffles into the crowd.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

Nobody knew what the opener was going in. Even if they did the last 3 months of Hangmin have just been him racking up wins in matches with little/no setup.
Brian Cage squash throws a wrench into everything. But now I'm wondering who Kenny will face at the PPV. Is this some kind of sidewards way to get Kenny v Christian at the PPV? Because that wouldn't be great.
I think they just want a reason to keep a title shot away from Page right now because it’s not the time for him to be fighting Omega again. Honestly they should take the opportunity to to a king of trios and have Page, Reynolds, and Cabana (or Silver if he’s fit again) team up to give Page something to do for a while

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Hopefully August is when the switch happens. Because 8 months of Kenny, Don and the Good Brothers is quite enough. Especially since Kenny seems incapable of feuding with anybody but Moxley.
Hmmmm...maybe IC wins Blood and Guts and we wind up with IC vs Elite for a few months. It would make The Pinnacle look like chumps but right now The Elite have all the gold. The Pinnacle has nothing to move onto even if they do win. Except the TNT title possibly.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

Whats going to be great is when All Ego Ethan Page turns face, rejects the sin of arrogance, and becomes Small Ego Ethan Page.

All Superego Ethan Page, forever obsessed with how his actions look to the rest of the world.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This owns bones. Here's hoping Penta and Rey are heading for a big push, because Penta might legit be my favourite male wrestler now.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Great show from top to bottom. OC/Penta was great of course, and I liked 10's promo. Heartfelt. I hope he continues to grow. I wanted him to win :unsmith:

I thought it was weird that they didn't show Kenny with his 3 belts. Why even do the belt collector if you're not gonna show it on TV? He just won the Impact belt, that's huge! Show us!

AEW does so many things right. It's an amazing company. They even paired Page/Sky together, so I can ignore them more efficiently!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Best thing about Penta and Rey right now is that you can use them as faces or heels with equal ease. They both get huge audience reactions, they're both super cool, but they're also both Rudo assholes. So against Best Friends they're absolutely natural heels, but if a live crowd heard "Kenny, Penta says he wants your belt" there would be a huge pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I know AEW usually only runs tag team matches between established named teams, but a good feature match, maybe a Dark main or something, they could do would be continuing an existing program from this week, but add a smallish Canadian veteran to each side, face and heel, to make sure it all goes smoothly.

I refer of course to Cage and Page vs Cage and Page