Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Darby vs 10 6 5.08%
Penelope vs Kris 2 1.69%
Hangman vs Brian 11 9.32%
Orange vs Penta 89 75.42%
Sydals vs Bucks 10 8.47%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

I refer of course to Cage and Page vs Cage and Page

Loser changes name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy posted:

I know AEW usually only runs tag team matches between established named teams, but a good feature match, maybe a Dark main or something, they could do would be continuing an existing program from this week, but add a smallish Canadian veteran to each side, face and heel, to make sure it all goes smoothly.

I refer of course to Cage and Page vs Cage and Page

Bring in DDP and Saraya Knight to manage so it's Cage and Page w/ Page vs. Cage and Page w/ Paige

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Loser changes name

Well, yeah, his real name is Julian.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It could be another Arcade Anarchy match but all the machines are replaced by edgy 90s ripoff pop-a-shot machines

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

Bring in DDP and Saraya Knight to manage so it's Cage and Page w/ Page vs. Cage and Page w/ Paige

Can we get Nicolas Cage as a special referee?

Edit: Nic Cage is going to need a bodyguard so get Nick Gage too.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 30, 2021

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The Outside the Ring with Sonny Kiss is up and it's wonderful. They have great chemistry together and Lexy is a genuinely good interviewer here because she's so at ease. This has been a really good vehicle for her.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Watching the Sonny Kiss outside the ring bit, and i'm enjoying it, but after abadon and max caster, i'm extremely sus that this is going to take a crazy swerve

i guess SK liking Nickleback is the crazy bit

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Apr 30, 2021

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MorningMoon posted:

i guess SK liking Nickleback is the crazy bit

Massive heel turn outta nowhere.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

rantmo posted:

The Outside the Ring with Sonny Kiss is up and it's wonderful. They have great chemistry together and Lexy is a genuinely good interviewer here because she's so at ease. This has been a really good vehicle for her.

Lexy is best when she's not at ease, like with Abadon.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Yeah Sonny being a massive nü-metal/whatever Nickleback is fan is both an established fact and completely bonkers.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I think I figured out the intangible element that makes The Acclaimed so good. Max Caster is what I'd call "soft weird", while Anthony Bowens is "hard weird".

I could not define those for you, but I feel like they describe the wrestlers very well.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

anthony bowens is a pyromancer. he brings the fire.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rantmo posted:

Yeah Sonny being a massive nü-metal/whatever Nickleback is fan is both an established fact and completely bonkers.

Every single wrestler likes nu-metal. I don't get it but they just do.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

working in Florida, you gotta be down with the sickness

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm just totally incapable of imagining anyone liking or hating Nickelback. They're the true neutral of rock radio. Just totally bland in every way. Shocked that Sonny would have taste that's so... Basic.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

loving great Dynamite. I don't think I can say something new but holy poo poo Miro is scary. What I see everyone missed is this:

Darby hitting a big one on Vance's jaw and he just stays there, moves his head a little and slowly walks towards him then starts to throw Darby across the ring.

enigmahfc posted:

That was one of the best Dynamites so far this year. I was just so into everything (even the stuff with QT's Get-A-Long Gang! I know, I am surprised as anyone!).
It was a night of murders as Hangman got murdered, OC nearly got murdered, Miro is a scary murderer, and Darby barely escaped murder (by cheating!) We now know what Wednesday means (murder).

It's wednesday night, and you know what that means! (murder).

:suspense:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

How do you work that door spot?

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
The go home Dynamite before Double or Nothing is getting bumped to Friday, May 28th at 10PM ET because of the NBA Playoffs. The following week will also be preempted, and will be aired on either Friday or Saturday.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

tao of lmao posted:

Probably put his foot in the doorjam.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

tao of lmao posted:

Some sort of block at the bottom, just out of screen, that the door actually hits. The depth of field of the camera is such that the door is probably several inches away from his actual arm.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

heel turn posted:

The go home Dynamite before Double or Nothing is getting bumped to Friday, May 28th at 10PM ET because of the NBA Playoffs. The following week will also be preempted, and will be aired on either Friday or Saturday.

That genuinely sucks but maybe this could be seen as an experiment to see how well AEW would do on Friday or Saturday.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

According to Dave, the lead-in was down 40%. What movie was playing before Dynamite this week?

It's fine, I'm used to this really good movie inexplicably doing really disappointing numbers. :lol:

ChrisBTY posted:

Nobody knew what the opener was going in. Even if they did the last 3 months of Hangmin have just been him racking up wins in matches with little/no setup.
Brian Cage squash throws a wrench into everything. But now I'm wondering who Kenny will face at the PPV. Is this some kind of sidewards way to get Kenny v Christian at the PPV? Because that wouldn't be great.

Hangman vs. Cage and Eddie vs. Omega at the PPV.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kunabomber posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking this is how they did it just based on how Miro is standing.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kunabomber posted:

Probably just the foot or maye a rubber doorstop that was close so Miro can just move it with his foot outside of the camera view.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I'm expecting a PAC-OC match in the next week or two and the winner will face Kenny

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I was wondering about the door spot too but however they did it, it was really well done and shot. I winced at that spot and Miro looked like a bastard

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

a cyborg mug posted:

I was wondering about the door spot too but however they did it, it was really well done and shot. I smiled at that spot and Miro looked like a lovely friend.

:getin:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It was real

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Time to pay your dues, lad.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I loved the start of that segment. Kip being like I don't know why everyone's making a big deal out of this.

You might not Kip, but we all knew. We all knew.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

It seemed like his eye was bothering him during the match but I am guessing they had it pre torn for the end spot

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Artelier posted:

I loved the start of that segment. Kip being like I don't know why everyone's making a big deal out of this.

You might not Kip, but we all knew. We all knew.

I will always enjoy Kip's strong himbo energy

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat, this theme loving rules

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Looking forward to Nagata winning the US title on Dynamite and taunting us all with his merry jig

https://twitter.com/dirtydickinson/status/1388137538838142982?s=21

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
NOAH should have known better.

It's not called Emerald Justice.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

that whole segment i kept remembering some wrestler's (rowdy piper's?) book where they talk up about how someone had the greatest "a punch" finisher and he was so excited to work with that person and find out how he made the punch look so brutal, then the moment finally came and he got punched real fuckin' hard.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

that whole segment i kept remembering some wrestler's (rowdy piper's?) book where they talk up about how someone had the greatest "a punch" finisher and he was so excited to work with that person and find out how he made the punch look so brutal, then the moment finally came and he got punched real fuckin' hard.

Foley and funk iirc

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

I will always enjoy Kip's strong himbo energy

Kip Sabian: Women's Division Hate Magnet is such an underrated part of his role. Coming out in crop tops and giving Penelope kisses mid-match while making joshi hate his loving guts.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm glad people are coming around on Kip, he's not actively bad at anything, I think a new finisher (I hate the one man magic killer) could help him be a valuable midcarder

If your dirt worst is being a fun manager to your wife and being a a solid in ring guy, that's not bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Kip Sabian has been an asset to AEW for a long time.

He needs to read another book, however.