Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

That's a solid page snipe

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Not quite the same set of skills but I wanna see these two guys team up for a heist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-dWSIUNF10

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Gromit posted:

Yeah, that makes it seem impossible (unless we don't see the other 51 times the trick didn't work ;) ), so I'm thinking there must still be some part of it we aren't seeing from beforehand where the card is chosen by Harrison and David palms it out. The fruit part is trivial to make beforehand if the card is forced.

Magic Spoiler
It's all sleight of hand and a little bit of luck. The deck he hands him only contains repeats of cards not typically picked when people are told to pick a card.

When Ford announces his pick, Blaine uses sleight of hand to get the appropriate card into the fruit while he's cutting it. Position of the knife helps conceal it, and having Ford holding the fruit while it's being cut helps keep him in position to not see the sleight of hand. That's why he had to instruct him to keep his hand there despite just saying he doesn't want to cut his fingers.

Choice of fruit is immaterial but meant to help the "blow your mind" aspect. Bananas could have been an interesting choice, but you see those wine bottles in front of them? Ford is an entertainer and knows this is for a filmed bit and is not going to rock the boat by specifically going for something that isn't easy to grab. Blaine also guided him to that specific bowl of fruit which seems to only have Apples and Oranges, which is probably ideal for the positioning.

Zesty has a new favorite as of 07:19 on Apr 30, 2021

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Data Graham posted:

Weird Al is a smokeshow with or without steroids

Wait what were we talking about

he doesn't do any drugs, and he doesn't eat meat

i don't know where I first heard it, but have seen Weird Al described as "raw dogging reality" and that has more power than any fitness trainer or esoteric guru.

HE OUT THERE, HE DOIN' IT LIVE

Maybe someday I can aspire to the auspices of his real, real, way of life. Weird Al is a living saint, not of any religion in particular.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Zesty posted:

Magic Spoiler
It's all sleight of hand and a little bit of luck. The deck he hands him only contains repeats of cards not typically picked when people are told to pick a card.

When Ford announces his pick, Blaine uses sleight of hand to get the appropriate card into the fruit while he's cutting it. Position of the knife helps conceal it, and having Ford holding the fruit while it's being cut helps keep him in position to not see the sleight of hand. That's why he had to instruct him to keep his hand there despite just saying he doesn't want to cut his fingers.

Choice of fruit is immaterial but meant to help the "blow your mind" aspect. Bananas could have been an interesting choice, but you see those wine bottles in front of them? Ford is an entertainer and knows this is for a filmed bit and is not going to rock the boat by specifically going for something that isn't easy to grab. Blaine also guided him to that specific bowl of fruit which seems to only have Apples and Oranges, which is probably ideal for the positioning.

Even with the spoiler, the magic is with a decent magician's skills, if not their spells. Practice, practice, practice. Then do it again. For years. Props for that, for sure.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/dc/ac/58/dcac58e6ce3fe2585de380cdd3c55803.jpg

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Zesty posted:

Magic Spoiler

I don't agree with this, unless you know it for a fact. But presumably none of us were there to see the whole set up so it's hard to say for sure one way or another. What we are left with is what the editor wants us to see.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pictured: philosophers dining

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 12:00 on Apr 30, 2021

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Maybe not super funny, but it made me chuckle. I've been having digestive issues due to a hernia and have searched for some people's experience with it on reddit, this popped up in a random search about it

These people have issues but man is it funny to see from outside

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Gromit posted:

I don't agree with this, unless you know it for a fact. But presumably none of us were there to see the whole set up so it's hard to say for sure one way or another. What we are left with is what the editor wants us to see.

Okay...?

This is just how the lemon party trick is done. If you don't believe me, google it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zesty posted:

Okay...?

This is just how the lemon party trick is done. If you don't believe me, google it.

Yeah, you like posting about lemons and oranges and limes. We get it, Zesty.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

im fat and sour

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Hahahahahaha Jesus Christ, cats are the loving best.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

it is the most efficient solution for 3 static xyz coords that want to eat out of their own bowl

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Zesty posted:

Okay...?

Putting a card in a lemon is usually pre-arranged, and you can google that too. But there certainly ain't no party like a lemon party.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Zesty posted:

Okay...?

Hmmm, you seem to know what you’re talking about. Let me just goog

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1387777782042828807?s=20

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Astounding.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Son of Rodney posted:

Maybe not super funny, but it made me chuckle. I've been having digestive issues due to a hernia and have searched for some people's experience with it on reddit, this popped up in a random search about it

These people have issues but man is it funny to see from outside

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
OG (original goon)

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/mFfZwBQ.mp4

poor freckles, thought of rainbows and died

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I knew there was something wrong with police horses. Homophobes, the lot of them.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Gonna paint 🏳️‍🌈 on the ground next protest as an anti-kettling technique against mounted police.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Android Apocalypse posted:

Gonna paint 🏳️‍🌈 on the ground next protest as an anti-kettling technique against mounted police.

Isn't the best response to mounted attacks usually just pikes? Wouldn't be hard to get those in place with a trip to the hardware store.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://i.imgur.com/mFfZwBQ.mp4

You are supposed to get rid of the bad apples, not feed them to the horses!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Isn't the best response to mounted attacks usually just pikes? Wouldn't be hard to get those in place with a trip to the hardware store.

You’d be charged with assaulting an officer, or just shot in self-defense.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

MrUnderbridge posted:

I knew there was something wrong with police horses. Homophobes, the lot of them.

No, they are just racist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdvVpijAsiE

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Thump! posted:

Not suggesting poking the horses, but my understanding is that they would just refuse to charge into a row of pikes.

AreWeDrunkYet has a new favorite as of 16:43 on Apr 30, 2021

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Scratch Monkey posted:

Its not the color of the rainbows that bothers the horse, it's the shape.

Lots of animals, especially the runny kind, won't walk on horizontal bars. Painting the ground with contrasting horizontal stripes is a common cattle control technique, used to keep animals from crossing in places where you can't use barbed wire, like roads. It's actually impressive that the horses were able to get across them like 'oh gently caress-gently caress-gently caress-made it!'.

So prob. not worth painting street stripes to coral mounted cops, even though their horses would really hate it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Not suggesting poking the horses, but my understanding is that they would just refuse to charge into a row of pikes.

You can apparently achieve the same effect with flags.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

Thump! posted:

good luck getting shot by british police

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

You can apparently achieve the same effect with flags.

which cspam Napoleon will arm us with pikes and attack an armory like John loving Brown

gently caress YOU, SHEEP

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 17:11 on Apr 30, 2021

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Yellow Yoshi posted:

British police will gladly shoot someone then make up a story about seeing wires in your backpack and not paying for a subway ride

e: related:

AreWeDrunkYet has a new favorite as of 17:13 on Apr 30, 2021

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Idk horses are pretty dumb and would probably still impale themselves on it.

Yellow Yoshi posted:

Fine, billy-clubbed to death.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Yellow Yoshi posted:

euro cops still have guns just not the fuckbois walking a beat. and british cops kill minorities very often.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yellow Yoshi posted:

Actually probably fairly easy in london. Or near any major transit hub. There's been plod with machine guns at edinburgh every time I've passed through.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

BiggerBoat posted:

He was. I've watched those. Richard Tuner is another one that will make you mot believe your eyes but I still can't see how he does that without a stripper deck.

poo poo. I owe the card trick thread a funny picture now.

richard is both a card magician savant and is basically daredevil. i suspect he does it legit.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Someone make a PYF magic trick thread, clearly there's demand and getting explanations on how they do it is fascinating.

I would but I don't know any :negative:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mr. Crow posted:

Someone make a PYF magic trick thread, clearly there's demand and getting explanations on how they do it is fascinating.

I would but I don't know any :negative:

We had one, but it died in December of 2018 (I would have sworn it was more recently, but my sense of time is thoroughly earfucked now)

Anyway, here's some neat stuff to look at. Feel free to resurrect this or start a new one! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Trabant posted:

And then he does it decades later, still entirely by feel, blind as a bat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwFIJyWKs1k

Based on his explanations in the Magic Castle video I'm going to guess that this has a simple explanation: the Kings are slightly different card stock which he can feel. Then he just uses his skill to deal them at the right time.

Very impressive skill though.