Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nucleic Acids posted:

That Tapper column was loving brutal.

he's such a loving freak. It comes up in these short bursts whenever he cries about Muslims not being treated rudely enough or whatever or does his truly pathetic 'send me troop photos so I can cum tribute them on my feed' appeals to show he's 'pro-troop' or whatever, but even beyond those elements he's just such a weird little grub man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I said to myself "If I wrote an article like this I would have to commit seppuku" like 10 seconds before Felix echoed the same sentiment. When you're fully munchpilled.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

sexpig by night posted:

this alone is enough to make me forgive Jeffrey of any sins he may have done

any sins?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
wait till you find out what his real last name is

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

Here's a weird one, but does anyone know whatever happened to T-Man? Used to post in this thread a lot. Kinda curious because I was thinking of random poo poo and went 'hey wonder where they went' last night.

edit: ... No. No loving way. What the gently caress?

Last Post
Jan 6, 2021 17:14

further edit: Oh, it was an autoban. Still, on Jan 6th seemed kinda weird!

Bad poster had a meltdown and self banned lol

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

crepeface posted:

wait till you find out what his real last name is

fecalman

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

quote:

We’re gonna be the Washington Generals of the 21st century. We’re there to be beaten by China.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nucleic Acids posted:

That Tapper column was loving brutal.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

isnt bread n roses high off China Bad

every offsite is run by lunatics. this place is too but at least its too big to effectively manage

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

THS posted:

isnt bread n roses high off China Bad

every offsite is run by lunatics. this place is too but at least its too big to effectively manage

Idk where you think you’re posting lol

People have gotten popped here left and right for genocide denial by pointing out that Dr Adrian Zenz is a loon

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I had to skip like half of the Tapper column because I was going to look like I drank from the wrong grail if I didn't

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Phone posted:

Idk where you think you’re posting lol

People have gotten popped here left and right for genocide denial by pointing out that Dr Adrian Zenz is a loon

i dont really read much outside of cspam where pointing out all the xinjiang sources are CIA or this religious fundamentalist has been fine for a few months

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

THS posted:

i dont really read much outside of cspam where pointing out all the xinjiang sources are CIA or this religious fundamentalist has been fine for a few months

China's own position is that they're the extremely regular kind of reeducation camps, I think you really have to be willfully naive to genuinely think nothing bad is going down there but now it's become a proxy topic on imperialism having any kind of considered view on it seems to have gone out the window

THS
Sep 15, 2017

multijoe posted:

China's own position is that they're the extremely regular kind of reeducation camps, I think you really have to be willfully naive to genuinely think nothing bad is going down there but now it's become a proxy topic on imperialism having any kind of considered view on it seems to have gone out the window

yes i agree that it has become a matter of propaganda and juicing cold war 2.0 and thats primarily the lens i view it from, as an american that’s really the relevant part of the whole situation, from my perspective

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Fabricated posted:

I had to skip like half of the Tapper column because I was going to look like I drank from the wrong grail if I didn't

It's like The King in Yellow irl

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

multijoe posted:

There's def bad poo poo going on, but it's also true that all the over-the-top stories come from one insane right-wing loon.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

multijoe posted:

sure but come one it's not mass murder and genocide like the western press would like you to believe

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Excellent episode IMO. That reading series was...difficult to listen to. 2003 was a bad time, folks.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

There's def bad poo poo going on, but it's also true that all the over-the-top stories come from one insane right-wing loon.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

sure but come one it's not mass murder and genocide like the western press would like you to believe

Agreed, that's why boiling it down to China Bad/China Good kind of sucks, an ethnic group is clearly getting hosed to some extent and it's being cynically exploited by another global power who are currently engaged in their own genocide in Yemen and are running concentration camps on their own borders who clearly wouldn't give a poo poo if they couldn't use it as ammo for their new cold war. It's a disgusting situation all-round

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the 'nizza' making everything come to a dead stop was the best for me.

'two z's'

'oh yea???'

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Attack On Democracy is my favorite anime :v:

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

sexpig by night posted:

he's such a loving freak. It comes up in these short bursts whenever he cries about Muslims not being treated rudely enough or whatever or does his truly pathetic 'send me troop photos so I can cum tribute them on my feed' appeals to show he's 'pro-troop' or whatever, but even beyond those elements he's just such a weird little grub man.

There have been more evil reading series (McArdle on Grenfel Tower comes to mind), but I think Felix was right, that might have actually been the worst one they ever did.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm against calling everything cringe, and the Tapper column is easily the most cringe thing they've ever read, and should've been too cringeworthy to print even in the New Republic in 2003.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nucleic Acids posted:

There have been more evil reading series (McArdle on Grenfel Tower comes to mind), but I think Felix was right, that might have actually been the worst one they ever did.

oh by far, at least the more evil ones are just like...normal. Like as a human ethos thing McGriddle's 'actually the fire may have killed someone who would have become a murderer, ergo you can't say it's bad' article was way more evil but at least it was just her making GBS threads her garbage opinions out on the page like usual. The brain rot required to look at the various sex criminals and warmongers of TNR and go 'but what if they were rappers' is something deeply more disturbing and strange.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Physically sweating at my job listening to the second Jake Tapper column. This would have been the worst possible time to forget to plug my headphones in.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh yeah I don't think I can get through this.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Alex Nichols is great but it doesn't matter how many times they plug it will never watch the chapo twitch stream

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

multijoe posted:

They probably are, but I we as a country only know how to make things worse.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

some plague rats posted:

Alex Nichols is great but it doesn't matter how many times they plug it will never watch the chapo twitch stream

Its pretty amazing how poo poo the numbers they pull are given the huge boost of free profile they get by occupying chapos twitch profile. They usually have about the same number of viewers as a teenaged kid decently, silently playing LoL

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
the twitch stream has bad vibes

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

some plague rats posted:

Am I the only one thinking the episode was him auditioning for 4th mic?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The dry bois seem like people I would gravitate towards at a house party and the Twitch stream guys are extremely the guys I would avoid at the same house party.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The quiplash stream with Matt was funny.

coyotegospel
May 22, 2019
fym stream rules actually, don't really watch the gaming stuff, but the youtube/patreon streams are great.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

coyotegospel posted:

fym stream rules actually, don't really watch the gaming stuff, but the youtube/patreon streams are great.

Ooff you pay for twitch streams?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

coyotegospel posted:

The FYM boys are fun to watch, I don't watch as much anymore because Twitch sucks in general to use now but their random youtube streams are fun

coyotegospel
May 22, 2019
oof you pay for a podcast ? no, fym has a patreon, you can watch twitch for free. i enjoy their content, i pay for it.
edit: they post like 2 hour long youtube streams on patreon through vimeo for copyright reasons

papa horny michael posted:

the twitch stream has bad vibes

yeah the twitch stream that does charity fundraisers for trans/needy/service workers like 9 times a year has bad vibes ok

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

coyotegospel posted:

yeah the twitch stream that does charity fundraisers for trans/needy/service workers like 9 times a year has bad vibes ok

I started writing an actual response to this but it's such a asinine nothing I'm just going to say shut the gently caress up and move on

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TerminalSaint posted:

Am I the only one thinking the episode was him auditioning for 4th mic?

Would be fully in favour of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

coyotegospel posted:

oof you pay for a podcast ? no, fym has a patreon, you can watch twitch for free. i enjoy their content, i pay for it.
edit: they post like 2 hour long youtube streams on patreon through vimeo for copyright reasons

They stink of being bad at games