Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DeafNote posted:

Thoughtslime goes to another dimension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjDgqbLEpNA

He really does sound tired.

While I enjoy this thoughtful content I think he's a pretty funny guy so I'm still sticking around for his new stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Katt posted:

I love the Hazbin art style. It reminds me of the mid 90s when Cartoon Network was just brainstorming cartoons all over the place and we got stuff like the Powerpuff Girls. Dexters Laboratory and other freaky cartoons.

yeah. i think helluva boss is the right direction for it too because it cuts down on some of the randomness. its those cartoons meeting old style SA humor meets a some tim burton and weirdly lots of clive barker(he has a bunch of books that take place in hell and hell is basicaly like vivziepops Hell but more hosed up),

Katt posted:

Supposedly the devil in Hazbin is this anime prince style character.

Which made me pretty disappointed. I thought he was going to be something hilarious like a 30 meter tall Baphomet style character on a massive burning hellthrone. Then have the main characters mom be a regular proportioned woman and just leave it unexplained how the two of them ever had a kid together.

yeah but i always took alot of the daemons as having a bit of Shiklah type deal, where they have the human nice form and the true big monster form. but yeah. alot of the hazbin designs are a weird mix of too "ugly" or too "pretty". like they are either asymmetrical messes that looks like anthro outsider art Or they look like "anime person but monster mouth".

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 30, 2021

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they have the human nice forum and the true big monster forum.

byob and fyad

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I hate that avatar because the style reminds of a popular children's book cover style used here that I've always loathed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bonaventure posted:

byob and fyad

lol yeah. pretty much.

Sarcopenia posted:

I hate that avatar because the style reminds of a popular children's book cover style used here that I've always loathed.

i mean i have seen worse. look at mine.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Sankara posted:

Out of curiosity I decided to see if Foamy the Squirrel is still being made, and yes! Good lord! 20 years! ~5k views a video! Seems to upload multiple videos a week! Madness.

Well that's something I hadn't thought about in like a decade.

SteelMentor posted:

Intensely funny that loser ended up trying to jump on the alt-right grift.

Are there any Youtubers who have done a Folding Ideas style video on him?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

8one6 posted:

Are there any Youtubers who have done a Folding Ideas style video on him?

i doubt it. no one cares about foamy anymore and 5k is a drop in the bucket for animated cartoons even reactionary leaning ones.

also i forgot how ugly the art is.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Honestly I tried to go back and watch a few of his old cartoons and it's amazing how the sexual insecurity just oozes off them. I you could probably count on a single hand the number of non-rant cartoons where a girl character doesn't get cum on as a punchline.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

all i know is that jimmy urine of mindless self indulgence got the foamy the squirrel guy to make a promo for his side project The Left Rights. also mike diva and jhonen vasquez directed music videos for song off that album. i like it but it’s some humor that super hasn’t aged well just like all their music.

this video is one of my all time favorites tho

https://youtu.be/8VqJGRHuKUE

watho fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 30, 2021

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Sankara posted:

Out of curiosity I decided to see if Foamy the Squirrel is still being made, and yes! Good lord! 20 years! ~5k views a video! Seems to upload multiple videos a week! Madness.

Man, the last things I remember from that guy was when he changed the art style of the cartoons to be actively worse to make things easier to animate, and that time he put up a ten minute video ranting about how his audience was too stupid to appreciate the deep, subtle commentary on the nature of exploitation inherent in him constantly having his sexy goth girl character wear skimpy outfits and get jizzed on...which was entirely delivered in the horrible, high pitched voice he uses for the titular squirrel.

That was over a decade ago now, so I'm curious how far he's fallen.

muscles like this! posted:

While I enjoy this thoughtful content I think he's a pretty funny guy so I'm still sticking around for his new stuff.

I actually quite like this news as, while I'm a big fan of ThoughtSlime's work, the one major problem I sometimes have with his content is his more serious videos about societal issues can end up being major downers. Not in the sense of "Oh, I'm sad someone brought attention to these problems in our society" and more in a "Oh, the world is doomed by the ever-consuming horror of late-stage capitalism and there's nothing I, as an individual, can do to stop it".

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Speaking of Helluva Boss, the new episode just went up like 30 minutes ago. There's a new character that is gonna be a fan favorite I can tell already :buddy:

edit: Voiced by Normal Reedus by the way

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Tony Goldmark is kind of a tool but he went on a podcast and revealed the poo poo show behind the cancelled 10th anniversary Channel Awesome movie. It's nuts. lmao :discourse:

https://howdidthisnotgetmade.libsyn.com/channel-awesomes-the-devils-jesters?tdest_id=2160995

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Speaking of Helluva Boss, the new episode just went up like 30 minutes ago. There's a new character that is gonna be a fan favorite I can tell already :buddy:

edit: Voiced by Normal Reedus by the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ZmVAdezF8

yeah solid so far.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jamie Faith posted:

Tony Goldmark is kind of a tool but he went on a podcast and revealed the poo poo show behind the cancelled 10th anniversary Channel Awesome movie. It's nuts. lmao :discourse:

https://howdidthisnotgetmade.libsyn.com/channel-awesomes-the-devils-jesters?tdest_id=2160995

Getting Tony's handle wrong is up there with Doug giving ERod a number for a burner phone that expired.

Edit: Waiting for the reveal Doug kept calling Tony "buddy" because he didn't remember Tony's name.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 30, 2021

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Dawgstar posted:

Edit: Waiting for the reveal Doug kept calling Tony "buddy" because he didn't remember Tony's name.

That is exactly what the hosts speculate at the end lmao :discourse:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A new and incredibly rad animated short by Worthikids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-TJm7HkzkQ

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

DeafNote posted:

Thoughtslime goes to another dimension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjDgqbLEpNA

He really does sound tired.

I hope he's okay? I popped into his stream yesterday and he looked and sounded so tired that people were actively asking him about it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Dr Christmas posted:

I came to post that! Crazy what they can do with Blender, must have a beast of a machine.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

He was a hundred percent correct on how rankin bass is all in how they do the mouths.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Dr Christmas posted:

It's crazy that I knew who this was despite that I didn't recognize the name and they used a new art style.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Macaluso posted:

I'll be very interested in seeing if Hazbin Hotel updates and polishes its characters when it gets made into a full series like Helluva Boss. Like Angel Dust is a character that COULD be good, but he's right now just a one note joke. I felt like Husker had more character than Angel did and he's only on screen for like a minute.

I like that everyone in Helluva Boss seems to have some depth to them. Blitzo has a ton of history in the world that they only kind of touch on right now, such as his love for horses, he's the adoptive father for Loona, he used to work at Looloo Land, he used to date a famous pop star succubus despite being... Blitzo, etc. Stolas is extremely gay and horny, but also he's like, a king or prince? And he's in this marriage that appears to have been an arranged one and there's not really any love between him and his wife, but also he really loves his daughter and that whole thing is very sweet. Millie and Moxxie are a very cute married couple and there doesn't seem to be any hint of pessimism with how they're written, they're completely genuine and it's very cool.

Alastor feels like the only part of Hazbin Hotel that doesn't feel like a one note thing, and I kind of feel like that character is someone the creator has had for a very long time and finally gets a chance to use them. His backstory has a mystery about it from how he died, to how he was able to overthrow a lot of the really powerful demons basically overnight. Again though I feel like once the actual show gets made it'll probably solve a lot of these problems becasue Helluva Boss' pilot had a lot of these similar problems as well. I mean I think Loona only has like one line while in the regular show she's an integral part of the cast.

I think the thing that really sets Helluva Boss apart from Hazbin right now though is the dynamic between Blitzo, Moxxie and Millie is just REALLY solid. They are a very good little trio with Stolas and Loona as really solid supporting character and it really sets it apart from Hazbin where it's really just a random assortment of people who have barely any connection to each other.

edit: Also I really like the gag where Stolas is probably the most profane character on the show, but he's the only one that gets bleeped

I was lukewarm on the non-Alastor parts of Hazbin Hotel, so up until now I've skipped out on Helluva Boss completely. If I find time, I'll check it out.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Not content with becoming the lead designer of Musescore, Tantacrul just became the manager of Audacity. It's crazy how quickly he went from ragging on music software design to being able to put his money where his mouth is. Audacity's interface has always felt fairly clunky to me so I'm really excited about that. His video is about that but mostly just a general look at the pleasant history of Audacity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMWNvwLiXIQ

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Solitair posted:

I was lukewarm on the non-Alastor parts of Hazbin Hotel, so up until now I've skipped out on Helluva Boss completely. If I find time, I'll check it out.

yeah. its good. i was sorta mixed on the new episode but its overall a fun series.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Katt posted:

Supposedly the devil in Hazbin is this anime prince style character.

Which made me pretty disappointed. I thought he was going to be something hilarious like a 30 meter tall Baphomet style character on a massive burning hellthrone. Then have the main characters mom be a regular proportioned woman and just leave it unexplained how the two of them ever had a kid together.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil did this joke with Mrs. and Mr. Lucitor,

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 1, 2021

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Pigbuster posted:

Not content with becoming the lead designer of Musescore, Tantacrul just became the manager of Audacity. It's crazy how quickly he went from ragging on music software design to being able to put his money where his mouth is. Audacity's interface has always felt fairly clunky to me so I'm really excited about that. His video is about that but mostly just a general look at the pleasant history of Audacity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMWNvwLiXIQ

Please please please please fix track multi-select...

And also he's got some fun videos in the past if you geek out over music transcription stuff.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

Star vs. the Forces of Evil did this joke with Mrs. and Mr. Lucitor,

yeah that show really was kinda of PG version that kinda show. it was weird.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Dr Christmas posted:

This is fantastic. On top of the Rankin-Bass style, Worthikids completely nails the early 80s space anime vibe.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXHJn_kfYP4

Ross Scott has gone beyond just "Let's Play with some RP elements." to flexing by making custom maps to work around sillier parts of Half Life 2.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Katt posted:

I love the Hazbin art style. It reminds me of the mid 90s when Cartoon Network was just brainstorming cartoons all over the place and we got stuff like the Powerpuff Girls. Dexters Laboratory and other freaky cartoons.

Honestly, with all the cartoons I've seen those aren't the ones I would've expected as an example of a freaky cartoon.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Alastor is cute.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

RareAcumen posted:

Honestly, with all the cartoons I've seen those aren't the ones I would've expected as an example of a freaky cartoon.

I take it you never saw that Powerpuff Girls episode where they go to the future and HIM has taken over.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RareAcumen posted:

None of the Cartoon Network shows were afraid to get gross at times. The Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Lab might have been more tame than some, but both had some grody episodes, especially early on.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Alastor is cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhSrCBpMLsY

i thought this was cuter.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

watho posted:

all i know is that jimmy urine of mindless self indulgence got the foamy the squirrel guy to make a promo for his side project The Left Rights. also mike diva and jhonen vasquez directed music videos for song off that album. i like it but it’s some humor that super hasn’t aged well just like all their music.

this video is one of my all time favorites tho

https://youtu.be/8VqJGRHuKUE

That one and this are my favorites of all time because of Vasquez. I don’t know why he never did more live action. He brings his energy to it just as he does his comics and animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0AX81gv5aM

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Sankara posted:

I had completely forgotten about that. I remember sort of liking it back uh....15 years ago? The goth girl was kind of gross and that was somehow refreshing at the time.

Eh.... 6/10. Not the worst thing I've seen today.

Another video is of 2 squirrels struggling to get a black coffee at starbucks but when they actually just order it they get it with no problem. Which stands in sharp contrast to conservative cartoons on the topic.

I've never been to Starbucks and I heard they did sizes in Italian just for its own sake. But I'm 90% sure you can order a large coffee and actually get a large coffee... Not 100% sure but 90% sure.

I remember once trying to buy a doughnut at Mcdonalds and they refused to sell me one until I called it a "mcdonoughnut" Which is why I'm only 90% sure about starbucks.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Schwarzwald posted:

The Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Lab might have been more tame than some, but both had some grody episodes, especially early on.

oh the cockroach episode oh no

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Schwarzwald posted:

None of the Cartoon Network shows were afraid to get gross at times. The Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Lab might have been more tame than some, but both had some grody episodes, especially early on.

That glue eating episode of PPG is probably one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen on TV and I still to this day gag while thinking about it.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Schwarzwald posted:

In the powerpuff girl pilot while fighting a villain they chop his leg off and then use a meat beam to turn him into a hamburger and eat him.

https://i.imgur.com/oMT4KYE.mp4

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Worthikids is one of the most talented people on Youtube, wow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Katt posted:

Another video is of 2 squirrels struggling to get a black coffee at starbucks but when they actually just order it they get it with no problem. Which stands in sharp contrast to conservative cartoons on the topic.

I've never been to Starbucks and I heard they did sizes in Italian just for its own sake. But I'm 90% sure you can order a large coffee and actually get a large coffee... Not 100% sure but 90% sure.

I remember once trying to buy a doughnut at Mcdonalds and they refused to sell me one until I called it a "mcdonoughnut" Which is why I'm only 90% sure about starbucks.
Their special fake Italian is all a tax dodge - an overseas company in the Netherlands owns the trademark to all of those terms, and every time you buy a Venti Frappucino a licensing fee is paid to said company, which happens to be in a country that has a preferred rate for IP earnings.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-starbucks-tax-idUKBRE89E0EX20121015 talks about it a bit.