Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

aparmenideanmonad posted:

The most annoying part is the hatchlings being unhittable shitheads. Freeze comps can probably go faster just because they can keep them from burrowing.

I ran ning/albedo/xingqiu/diona with my support gems built around geo pickups, and diona and XQ stacked to the gills with ER. I didn't get annoyed by the little ones, so I guess freezing them is the way to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Congratulations, Klee, you're my first 10/10/10 Talent character. Now to work on Noelle and Zhongli. :v:

Also my comp of Klee/Noelle/Xiangling/Zhongli got 5750 points with just 6 seconds to spare, but yeah geovishaps suck rear end.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
So, to sum up current events:

* Make sure to kill all the red glowing rocks, of which there are sometimes multiple. The enemies will bug out and retain their buff, so you can run away to reset aggro and run back to normal enemies as long as the red rocks are cleared.
* You need 20k to buy out the shop, which means 5k average per domain for the four domains. Bring shields.
* You should craft every blueprint you can for trust points, but only place the starting pine screens everywhere for maximum coins because Mihoyo is bad at making The Sims.
* Always use potions to finish crafting faster, and always buy out the max per day.

Miss anything?

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk why people want this game to be hard so bad but I sure don't, so this event isn't very fun to me

Most of the game (that isn't the abyss) is so easy that it's nice to get to really put your beefy overpowered guys into something that actually hurts. The good way to do this is to make the event something everyone can complete and let people who want to crank the difficulty complete it faster, which in theory is what they did, though I can't say if everyone feels that way. For the sake of stupid I turned on every modifier but pyro reduction in my Diluc/XQ/ZL/Benny team and fooded my way through it eventually even though I obviously missed the timer. Got like 5825 for it.

The counterpoint to this is that game devs are awful when it comes to tuning anything and that usually means invulnerability phases, turning off normal play conditions, turning on magic bullshit (see abyss and shield mechanics), and generally loving up the fight to the point where instead of stretching the legs of your A team you're constructing a B team of people their tuning didn't account for. It's the opposite of what the difficulty should enable.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mailer posted:

So, to sum up current events:

* You should craft every blueprint you can for trust points, but only place the starting pine screens everywhere for maximum coins because Mihoyo is bad at making The Sims.
* Always use potions to finish crafting faster, and always buy out the max per day.

Miss anything?

Wait, hold on. You make the item from the blueprint and that increases your rank with the tea butler spirit thing if you do it the first time, I understand that part. But if you place any decoration, even things you already have one of, you still get more energy and coins for it?

If that's the case I'm just going to go start making more cheap things and spreading them all over the place, I had no idea.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Wait, hold on. You make the item from the blueprint and that increases your rank with the tea butler spirit thing if you do it the first time, I understand that part. But if you place any decoration, even things you already have one of, you still get more energy and coins for it?

If that's the case I'm just going to go start making more cheap things and spreading them all over the place, I had no idea.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/n2cddk/guide_to_speed_optimizing_your_teapot_realm_trust/

there are ranks of adeptal energy/amount of crap you've placed in your exterior+interior that increase the amount of realm currency you get per hour

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gyoru posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/n2cddk/guide_to_speed_optimizing_your_teapot_realm_trust/

there are ranks of adeptal energy/amount of crap you've placed in your exterior+interior that increase the amount of realm currency you get per hour

When you first make a new furnishing you get extra trust with Tubby (that contributes to your trust rank with him) and they increase your Adeptal Energy.

Do I have to keep making unique items to get more Adeptal Energy or can I just litter the world with dozens and dozens of the same blue item and have that still give me more energy? That's the part I'm confused about.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

litter the world with dozens and dozens of the same pine screen

get mining

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 1, 2021

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

RareAcumen posted:

When you first make a new furnishing you get extra trust with Tubby (that contributes to your trust rank with him) and they increase your Adeptal Energy.

Do I have to keep making unique items to get more Adeptal Energy or can I just litter the world with dozens and dozens of the same blue item and have that still give me more energy? That's the part I'm confused about.

Trust is gained when you make an item for the first time.

Adeptal Energy is gained by placing object into the world of your teapot (indoor or outdoor). So making the same item over and over and filling the world with them raises your energy, which gets you more coins per hour. That's why people are making "mining rigs" out of pine screens - they are cheap and take little of the "load" stat so you can place tons of them.

Is that optimal? Maybe, but it's also dumb and you'll get along just fine if you just make what you get out of new blueprints and create copies when you run out of new stuff.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gyoru posted:

get mining

What the gently caress is going on. I did the QR code event thing and got everything but I only got one bed and a screen. I don't have it as a blueprint and I can't make any of my own.

Also every time I go into the teapot there's an alert on teapot icon that I can't figure out how to clear.

I'm on PS4.

edit: Holy poo poo I've never pulled up the quickwheel in here. I had no idea the pot replaced the adventure's handbook.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 10:23 on May 1, 2021

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going to categorize optimizing housing into the same pile as collecting all the crystal ore, doing farming runs for mats or any other thing you can do to squeeze slightly more resources out of the game. That pile is called is "not worth doing if I want to enjoy the game".

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Andrast posted:

I'm going to categorize optimizing housing into the same pile as collecting all the crystal ore, doing farming runs for mats or any other thing you can do to squeeze slightly more resources out of the game. That pile is called is "not worth doing if I want to enjoy the game".

Same here. I'm not an interior decorator or have much of an interest in it, but I'll take the reduced efficiency over my house looking like complete and utter rear end.

Mailer posted:

* Make sure to kill all the red glowing rocks, of which there are sometimes multiple. The enemies will bug out and retain their buff, so you can run away to reset aggro and run back to normal enemies as long as the red rocks are cleared.

The game just updated for me, looks like they fixed the bug with the buff sometimes not being cleared when the rocks are destroyed.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 10:33 on May 1, 2021

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oh boy buffed up versions of the most annoying fuckers to fight what fun.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I accidentally made one condensed resin too many today, so here's a possibly dumb question; can you turn it back into regular resin, meaning the stuff you use for boss rewards? What happens when you destroy one of them? Figured I'd ask before trying it. It feels like it should work but it totally doesn't, right?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Stare-Out posted:

I accidentally made one condensed resin too many today, so here's a possibly dumb question; can you turn it back into regular resin, meaning the stuff you use for boss rewards? What happens when you destroy one of them? Figured I'd ask before trying it. It feels like it should work but it totally doesn't, right?

You can’t turn it back and don’t destroy it. You can have up to 5 and use them in domains.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

You can’t turn it back and don’t destroy it. You can have up to 5 and use them in domains.

I know how they work, but yeah, I thought they wouldn't let you turn it back. Oh well, no big deal.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
The new 11-1 defense is SOOOOO much less of a pain in the rear end than the old 11-2. That is all.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

The new 11-1 defense is SOOOOO much less of a pain in the rear end than the old 11-2. That is all.

Yeah it's much better, but the 11-3-2 is really obnoxious and so is the 12-3. Electro heralds is a really weird enemy, like almost unfishished one, they just stand there spamming attacks while you wail on them...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

MAYBE

MAYBE

MAYBE

MAYBE

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

frajaq posted:

MAYBE

MAYBE

MAYBE

MAYBE

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I've got everything placed that I've ever crafted right now and my domain looks like a shitshow but I was able to hit 8000 energy.

When I get enough pine screens crafted to stay in the 20/hr range I'll just reclaim the whole thing and just place screens for uber efficiency :v:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Even making it 11-1 is a huge relief. x-2 kinda sucks because you have to play through the first chamber with a team just to start the second, and that next team may not be the best for the third floor.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

frajaq posted:

MAYBE

MAYBE

MAYBE

MAYBE

lol seriously

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
So something you can do with the mihoyo interactive map is sync your account to it so you can see your pins, and also place pins that will appear for you in game. Pretty nice tool for newer players that haven't explored everything, and even for others.

https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/app/ys-map-sea/index.html?lang=en-us#/map/2?shown_types=87,5&center=223.00,-97.00&zoom=-1.00

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Hit my 2nd pity on the standard banner with the shop rolls and got Qiqi, which is good because on my commission team Zhongli is about to hit friendship 10.

Still no Yan Fei on the Character banner after 60 rolls, however. :shepicide:

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Gyoru posted:

get mining

PYF adepticoin mining rig:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

My ASICs are a little different

Figure the main bottleneck is just crafting time / speed up potions plus I had like 600 white chunks so this just seemed more efficient.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i'm sooooo tired of this unseen razor quest

there should be a dialog option where you scold Lan for wasting the guild's time and resources with requests to search for this dumb weapon that doesn't exist and then this daily never spawns for you again

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The Lan dialogue (monologue) is very awkwardly written, it's unpleasant to see over and over.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
New floor 12 sucks.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Garrand posted:

Figure the main bottleneck is just crafting time / speed up potions plus I had like 600 white chunks so this just seemed more efficient.

Why scale out when you can scale up?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I can C6 my Bennett since he's in the shop atm, has a consensus ever been reached regarding whether it does more harm than good?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I don't know but I doubt it does 34 glitter worth of good

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

dioxazine posted:

Why scale out when you can scale up?

Looking forward to when we can craft Howl's Moving Castle.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Garrand posted:

I had like 600 white chunks

:eyepop:

How does anybody not spend every last white chunk making weapon crystals?

I still have a bunch of weapons that need to go from 80-90

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hexel posted:

I've got like 2200 because I never bothered with anything besides the highest tier of them for how much weapon exp it takes to level things up.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

GrandpaPants posted:

Looking forward to when we can craft Howl's Moving Castle.

I'd rather the castle from Hexwood, myself

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Hexel posted:

Some of us don't whale on the weapon banners.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i only bother making my crystal ore into weapon exp, and crystal ore is the only stuff i farm daily. there's some incidental white iron around some of the crystals but that and expeditions don't feel like they'd sustain making it into exp all the time, and i definitely don't care to add time to the daily routine.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Garrand posted:

The statues are more efficient than the folding screens since the statues only have a 50 load instead of an 85 load like the screens while both produce 90 energy, but I already exhausted my outside load limit so I am mass producing screens for the inside. Seems like to reach 20k energy in one realm, you have to efficient about the load limit to have 10k energy for both inside and outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Hexel posted:

I can C6 my Bennett since he's in the shop atm, has a consensus ever been reached regarding whether it does more harm than good?

I feel like a lot of the negativity around C6 Bennet comes from an earlier time when people had less characters, less artifacts, and less of a refined plan for team building. The biggest downside to C6 is if you have someone specced for physical damage they lose that boost when infused with Pyro; your Razor carry, for example, Keqing specced for physical attacks, your Xiangling rocking the crescent spear, and so on.

At this point in the game I'd rather have the C6 infusion to support Diluc or Hu Tao; if I recall correctly other character's infusions take priority over the field infusion, so Ganyu/Xiao/Whoever won't suffer from standing in it. Even if I was still using someone for physical DPS at this point I'd probably just spec them for pyro damage and make them a quasi-pyro DPS. Pretty much the only character outright harmed at this point is Razor because of his ascension stat being Phys% and there's no way around that. Note that C6 Bennet's field also just adds 15% pyro damage to make up for it so you may very well end up breaking even with someone like Razor anyway.

So the only downsides are "I'd have to get some gear for pyro damage if I don't already have some" and "less benefits to characters with a Phys focus". It'll be up to you if those are dealbreakers.