Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I got in on an Earle fight last night with 6 others and there's no way in gently caress I'd solo that with stealth armor. Lol.

I started buying t65 armor yesterday. Gonna be a while before I piece it all together.

Prioritize buying Emergency Protocols. EP on the torso is the best choice for boss fights in PA.

If you decide to roll with normal armor, make sure you put Asbestos lining on the chest. Makes the falling embers a non issue.

You will also need Blocker level 3. Strength perk, makes dealing with the Wendigo spawns a lot easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Fallout 76: Inside the Vault – Locked and Loaded Update Preview

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/2gZxcndjxE7kCgJLwk7N2f/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-locked-and-loaded-update-preview

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
I can't wait for Perk Loadouts go live, poo poo owns on the PTS.

Also, patch day is the day season 3 officially ends and season 4 starts. Time to get the Unyielding gear out of storage.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So good of them to finally be adding features that most online multiplayer from the last 10+ had at launch! At this rate we may have some sort of guild system or a proper auction house system in a couple few years!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I was wondering why the Ricochet perk in Fallout 4 is so bad, so I looked into it. It only works on enemies that use guns and have a max HP of 100. The only enemies in the game that this can apply to are basic Raiders, Raider Scum, and basic Synths. Super Mutants and Gunners always have enough HP that Ricochet won't affect them, unless you reduce them to 40% HP.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Chamale posted:

I was wondering why the Ricochet perk in Fallout 4 is so bad, so I looked into it. It only works on enemies that use guns and have a max HP of 100. The only enemies in the game that this can apply to are basic Raiders, Raider Scum, and basic Synths. Super Mutants and Gunners always have enough HP that Ricochet won't affect them, unless you reduce them to 40% HP.

Do you know what the exact % chance of a ricochet triggering is? I think it's a very fun perk, but even against low level enemies it rarely seems to happen

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Do you know what the exact % chance of a ricochet triggering is? I think it's a very fun perk, but even against low level enemies it rarely seems to happen

5% for non-automatic weapons, 1% for automatics. With rank 2 of the perk (at level 29), it increases to 7% and 2%.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Update asked for 30gb on my xbox this morning.

E: actually 52gb. I was just running out of space on my external hd.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 27, 2021

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Updates are cool but PC servers are getting hammered right now. Best to wait until later to get on.

Is being able to quit out of "Searching for World" a new thing? If it is, it's a very welcome change

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Roman posted:

Updates are cool but PC servers are getting hammered right now. Best to wait until later to get on.

Is being able to quit out of "Searching for World" a new thing? If it is, it's a very welcome change

PC is back in maintenance because Bethesda failed at hiring competent people. Again.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
They have competent people. They just dont care about this game.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah they're gonna leave it as it is and never fix it, loving pricks

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

PC got a fix and is back up but consoles down for 90 minutes so they can get the same fix

If *I* was a Bethesda dev I would have just released the update without any bugs. But no one ever asks me anything

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Update finally downloaded and applied (wooo dsl, and I was watching sling) and I get 30 minutes of milling around before the xbox servers went into maintenance.

I didn't do anything dealing with the update, just beating on scorched with that blade of bastet (mission finally started working last week). I did finish the tadpole mission, but switching to the backpack from my small food one didn't help when the food weight suddenly put me into overencumbered.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Roman posted:

They have no incentive. The initial backlash against the game was harsh, but since then its gone under the radar, and honestly, I think theres enough people that play this game that genuinely arent too bothered by the current state of the game that Bethesda doesnt need to care!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

I was kidding they fixed it

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
There is a patch?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

New respec is great, finally was able to get a good melee build going and can easily switch back to my heavy guns build. I'm guessing additional slots will be mtx and I'll buy at least one like a sucker so I can make a CAMP only building/crafting loadout.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

There is a patch?

New season + QOL updates.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

There's a lot of Nuclear Winter games going on right now because of the new season, so you can get a match almost instantly on PC

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
PC has issues finding the game that are both the result of how many people there are, and because it as other issues as well.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Well, a couple bugs I've seen so far:

First I somehow completed a quest with a nice reward while I was in my shelter doing nothing by myself (not in a group). Got a gauss rifle as a reward and I have never even seen those yet (I'm only level 41).

Second I was doing the teapot defense event and nothing ever spawned for any of the waves. We had a team of people running all over the place doing the confused emote. Event completed successfully with reward but just kind of strange.

I dig the extra loadout and the new season track thing though. My first camp is small and sucky so I didn't try making a new one yet.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The Cop A Squatter event has been just paying out randomly to me since I started playing again. Just be doing my thing, dicking around, event not even active and I'll get a completion message, the pay out, and I gently caress off.

Doesn't bother me because it's always a few extra treasury notes I don't have to grind for, so no complaints.

E: trying to start the sweetwater honey mission and it's not reacting.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 28, 2021

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The Cop A Squatter event has been just paying out randomly to me since I started playing again. Just be doing my thing, dicking around, event not even active and I'll get a completion message, the pay out, and I gently caress off.

Doesn't bother me because it's always a few extra treasury notes I don't have to grind for, so no complaints.

FYI if other players head to the squatter location (even if they have the quest or not) and clear them out, or if they die due to other NPCs, the quest completes

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

you sure there's not any enemies around? it's usually a mole rat outside or a couple bugs upstairs that make the robot not react. killing those fixes him for me

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
I'm enjoying the loadouts a lot more now that they are on the live servers.

Switched to Bloodied Commando for the season, loaded up on foodbuffs and ranked up to 12 in what amounts to 1 hour of play time.

Also tried the DO and resilient with piercing strike in the Burrows is as loving annoying live as it was on the PTS. For this specific DO I recommend to go loud with a full health PA build, a Vamp mini with no ammo to abuse the shredder counting as melee plus the Born Survivor perk.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Finally using this VE15v combat shotgun I found months ago with the second build slot. Working fairly well so far and I watched a bloodied build get absolutely wrecked by the poison clouds on today's op.

Those drat scorched grasshoppers can GDIAF.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Roman posted:

you sure there's not any enemies around? it's usually a mole rat outside or a couple bugs upstairs that make the robot not react. killing those fixes him for me

It wound up working after I killed the bugs upstairs, usually not something that hangs me up. Happened right after I was complaining about it but I collected probation time in between.

The load times are so long that I start reading the forums, lol. But yet I still play.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Taerkar posted:

Finally using this VE15v combat shotgun I found months ago with the second build slot. Working fairly well so far and I watched a bloodied build get absolutely wrecked by the poison clouds on today's op.

Those drat scorched grasshoppers can GDIAF.

Rank 2 of Funky Duds completely negates the poison damage, so if you can use it you absolutely should.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

why is there camp that look like swan and camp that look like castle and camp that look like ice cream cone

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Because those are location markers in the map already and now you can change your base symbol, apparently.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

And rename them as part of the whole saving layouts they added.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Reminder that if your camp has a bunch of vending machines you only really need one now.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Roman posted:

Reminder that if your camp has a bunch of vending machines you only really need one now.

True, but if you get multiple folks shopping, they can all access your entire inventory if you have more. Well, up to 4 people.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Ok I'm about level 52ish and I am struggling in a big way to help in missions and such. I leveled with a sort of slap dash stealth commando thing so most of my 'damage' perks are in commando stuff. I would like to transition to a power armor build maybe with heavy or energy weapons but it will be quite a while until I can accumulate the appropriate perks. I made myself modified level 50 combat rifles and such, but it still seems like I'm barely tickling some of the normal mobs (like that uranium miner defense event). Is there a quest or something with a good automatic rifle that I can pick up?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Take your scrip to the Rusty Pick and buy legendary ranged weapons until something good shows up, recycle the poo poo you don't want in the legendary machine. I mean, that's the way I got my combat rifle with explosive damage. Or find plans for The Fixer, buy one out of someones' vending machine, check vendors to see if someone sold one in that server.

Really, you want the Fixer, but if you get a combat rifle from whatever his name is at the Rusty Pick, chances are the legendary mods are better than a plain jane Fixer.

The lighthouse event is pretty good for lower damaging guns, so is the teapot event. Try to avoid joining events like radiaton rumble until there's at least a few other people there to carry some weight. Teapot is my jam, I just post up on the corner at the top of the stairs between the water tower and main boiler, can run it myself without issue.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 1, 2021

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Ok I'm about level 52ish and I am struggling in a big way to help in missions and such. I leveled with a sort of slap dash stealth commando thing so most of my 'damage' perks are in commando stuff. I would like to transition to a power armor build maybe with heavy or energy weapons but it will be quite a while until I can accumulate the appropriate perks. I made myself modified level 50 combat rifles and such, but it still seems like I'm barely tickling some of the normal mobs (like that uranium miner defense event). Is there a quest or something with a good automatic rifle that I can pick up?

If you're on ps4 I can help you out

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Thanks but I'm on PC. I'll start hopping around player vendors looking for a fixer and look into spending some of the scrip I've saved up. I mostly just mooch off of those tougher events by putting on some power armor and trying to hit as many things as I can. I don't actually join them unless I see a bunch of other people running them.

Still enjoying the game quite a bit but the 'level 50 recommended' is a little misleading for some of the events.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Thanks but I'm on PC. I'll start hopping around player vendors looking for a fixer and look into spending some of the scrip I've saved up. I mostly just mooch off of those tougher events by putting on some power armor and trying to hit as many things as I can. I don't actually join them unless I see a bunch of other people running them.

Still enjoying the game quite a bit but the 'level 50 recommended' is a little misleading for some of the events.

What's your overall build? A good weapon can help a lot but the right perks can go a long way. Especially if you have the support perks you need.

Also the recent change means that changing your spec is easy-peasy, as long as you have the cards you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Lol, seriously. I've done campfire tales enough times to have stupid easy events with minimal enemies, but also times you can't escape the loving bloodbugs and ants even with half a dozen players.

Teapot will do this too. Like the scaling for enemy count is hosed up somehow, where you think you're going to have an easy run through alone, only to be absolutely surrounded the entire time.

I still haven't finished the Uplink daily op, I'm level 116.